Dr. Shigui Ruan, Professor
Department of Mathematics
The University of Miami
Coral Gables, Florida 33124
Office: Ungar Building, Room 415
Phone: (305) 284-2312; Fax: (305) 284-2848
- S.-B. Hsu, S. Ruan and T.-H. Yang, Analysis of three species
Lotka-Volterra food Web models with omnivory,
Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications (accepted)
- G. Zhao and S. Ruan, The decay rates of traveling waves and spectral
analysis for a class of nonlocal evolution equations,
Mathematical Modelling of Natural Phenomena (accepted)
- Y. Yang, S. Ruan and D. Xiao, Global stability of an age-structured virus
dynamics model with Beddington-DeAngelis infection function,
Mathematical Biosciences and Engineering (accepted)
- H.-B. Shi, Y. Su, J.-F. Zhang and S. Ruan, Spatiotemporal dynamics of a diffusive
Leslie-Gower predator-prey model with ratio-dependent functional response,
International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos (accepted)
- L. Zou, S. Ruan and W. Zhang, On the sexual transmission dynamics of Hepatitis B virus in China,
Journal of Theoretical Biology (accepted)
- L. Pang, S. Liu, Z. Zhao, X. Zhang and S. Ruan, Transmission dynamics and optimal control of measles
epidemics, Applied Mathematics and Computation (accepted)
- S. Wu and S. Ruan, Entire solutions for nonlocal dispersal equations
with spatio-temporal delay: Monostable case, Journal of
Differential Equations (accepted)
- L. Zou and S. Ruan (2015), Schistosomiasis transmission and control in China,
Acta Tropica Vol. 143, 51-57.
- Y. Xiao, J. C. Beier, R. S. Cantrell, C. Cosner, D. DeAngelis, and S. Ruan (2015),
Modelling the effects of seasonality and socioeconomic impact on the transmission of Rift Valley Fever virus,
PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases Vol. 9(1): e3388. doi:10.1371/journal.pntd.0003388.
- S. Wu, P. Weng and S. Ruan (2015), Spatial dynamics of a lattice population model
with two age classes and maturation delay, European Journal of Applied Mathematics
Vol. 26, 61-91.
- J. Huang, S. Ruan and J. Song (2014), Bifurcations
in a predator-prey system of Leslie type
with generalized Holling type III functional response, Journal of
Differential Equations Vol. 257, 1721-1752.
- G. Zhao and S. Ruan (2014), Time periodic traveling wave
solutions for periodic advection-reaction-diffusion systems, Journal of
Differential Equations Vol. 257, 1078-1147.
- Z. Liu, P. Magal and S. Ruan (2014), Normal forms for
semilinear equations with non-dense domain with applications to age structured models, Journal of
Differential Equations Vol. 257, 921-1011.
- S. Cantrell, C. Cosner and S. Ruan (2009), Spatial Ecology, CRC Press/Chapman & Hall, Boca Raton, FL, 2009.
- P. Magal and S. Ruan (2009), Center
Manifolds for Semilinear Equations with Non-dense Domain
and Applications to Hopf Bifurcation in Age Structured Models,
Memoirs of the American Mathematical Society, Vol. 202, No. 951.
- W. Wang and S. Ruan, Simulating the SARS outbreak in Beijing with limited data,
was one of the top 10 cited papers in 2006 in Journal of Theoretical Biology
- Research on "Modeling antibiotic resistance in hospitals" in the news:
First Science News; MedNews; Medical News Today;
Science Centric; Science Daily; Virtual Medical Worlds
- Spatio-Temporal Dynamics in Disease Ecology and Epidemiology, Mathematical Biosciences Insti
tute, October 14, 2011.
- Postdoctoral Fellow (1993-1994), McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada
- Junior Fields Fellow (1992-1993),
Fields Institute, Toronto, Canada
- PhD (1990-1992), Applied Mathematics, University
of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
- MSci (1985-1988), Mathematics, Central China
Normal University, Wuhan, China
- BSci (1979-1983), Mathematics, Central China Normal University, Wuhan, China
- 6/2005-present: Professor, University of Miami, Coral Gables, USA
- 8/2002-5/2005: Associate Professor, University of Miami, Coral Gables, USA
- 8/2001-5/2002: Visiting Associate Professor, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, USA
- 7/1999-8/2002: Associate Professor, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Canada
- 7/1994-6/1999: Assistant Professor, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Canada