Dr. Shigui Ruan, Professor
Department of Mathematics
The University of Miami
Coral Gables, Florida 33124
Office: Ungar Building, Room 415
Phone: (305) 284-2312; Fax: (305) 284-2848
- Y. Yang, L. Zou and S. Ruan, Global dynamics of a delayed within-host viral
infection model with both virus-to-cell and cell-to-cell transmissions,
Mathematical Biosciences (accepted)
- Z.-C. Wang, H.-L. Niu and S. Ruan, On the existence of axisymmetric traveling
fronts in Lotka-Volterra competition-diffusion systems in $R^3,$
Discrte and Continuous Dynamical Systems - Series B (accepted)
- G. Lin and S. Ruan, Persistence and failure of complete spreading in delayed reaction-diffusion equations,
Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society (accepted)
- H.-B. Shi and S. Ruan, Spatial, temporal, and spatiotemporal patterns of
diffusive predator-prey models with mutual interference,
IMA Journal of Applied Mathematics (accepted)
- G. Zhao and S. Ruan, The decay rates of traveling waves and spectral
analysis for a class of nonlocal evolution equations,
Mathematical Modelling of Natural Phenomena (accepted)
- J. Chen, L. Zou, Z. Jin and S. Ruan (2015), Modeling the geographic spread of rabies in
China, PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases Vol. 9(5): e0003772. doi:10.1371/journal.pntd.0003772
- Y. Yang, S. Ruan and D. Xiao (2015), Global stability of an age-structured virus
dynamics model with Beddington-DeAngelis infection function,
Mathematical Biosciences and Engineering Vol. 12, 859-877.
- H.-B. Shi, S. Ruan, Y. Su and J.-F. Zhang (2015), Spatiotemporal dynamics of a diffusive
Leslie-Gower predator-prey model with ratio-dependent functional response,
International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos Vol. 25, No. 5, 1530014.
- S.-B. Hsu, S. Ruan and T.-H. Yang (2015), Analysis of three species
Lotka-Volterra food web models with omnivory,
Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications Vol. 426, 659-687.
- L. Zou, S. Ruan and W. Zhang (2015), On
the sexual transmission dynamics of Hepatitis B virus in China,
Journal of Theoretical Biology
Vol. 369, 1-12.
- S. Wu and S. Ruan (2015), Entire solutions for
nonlocal dispersal equations
with spatio-temporal delay: Monostable case, Journal of
Differential Equations Vol. 258, 2435-2470.
- L. Zou and S. Ruan (2015), Schistosomiasis transmission and control in China,
Acta Tropica Vol. 143, 51-57.
- Y. Xiao, J. C. Beier, R. S. Cantrell, C. Cosner, D. DeAngelis, and S. Ruan (2015),
Modelling the effects of seasonality and socioeconomic impact on the transmission of Rift Valley Fever virus,
PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases Vol. 9(1): e3388. doi:10.1371/journal.pntd.0003388.
- S. Wu, P. Weng and S. Ruan (2015), Spatial dynamics of a lattice population model
with two age classes and maturation delay, European Journal of Applied Mathematics
Vol. 26, 61-91.
- S. Cantrell, C. Cosner and S. Ruan (2009), Spatial Ecology, CRC Press/Chapman & Hall, Boca Raton, FL, 2009.
- P. Magal and S. Ruan (2009), Center
Manifolds for Semilinear Equations with Non-dense Domain
and Applications to Hopf Bifurcation in Age Structured Models,
Memoirs of the American Mathematical Society, Vol. 202, No. 951.
- W. Wang and S. Ruan, Simulating the SARS outbreak in Beijing with limited data,
was one of the top 10 cited papers in 2006 in Journal of Theoretical Biology
- Research on "Modeling antibiotic resistance in hospitals" in the news:
First Science News; MedNews; Medical News Today;
Science Centric; Science Daily; Virtual Medical Worlds
- Spatio-Temporal Dynamics in Disease Ecology and Epidemiology, Mathematical Biosciences Insti
tute, October 14, 2011.
- Postdoctoral Fellow (1993-1994), McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada
- Junior Fields Fellow (1992-1993),
Fields Institute, Toronto, Canada
- PhD (1990-1992), Applied Mathematics, University
of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
- MSci (1985-1988), Mathematics, Central China
Normal University, Wuhan, China
- BSci (1979-1983), Mathematics, Central China Normal University, Wuhan, China
- 6/2005-present: Professor, University of Miami, Coral Gables, USA
- 8/2002-5/2005: Associate Professor, University of Miami, Coral Gables, USA
- 8/2001-5/2002: Visiting Associate Professor, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, USA
- 7/1999-8/2002: Associate Professor, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Canada
- 7/1994-6/1999: Assistant Professor, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Canada