Dr. Shigui Ruan, Professor
Department of Mathematics
The University of Miami
Coral Gables, Florida 33124
Office: Ungar Building, Room 415
Phone: (305) 284-2312; Fax: (305) 284-2848
- Thomson Reuters Highly Cited Researcher in 2014 and 2015
- J. Chu, Z. Liu, P. Magal and S. Ruan, Normal
forms for an age structured model, Journal of Dynamics and Differential Equations (in press).
- J. Huang, X. Xia, X. Zhang and S. Ruan, Bifurcation of codimension 3 in a predator-prey system of
Leslie type with simplified Holling type IV functional response,
International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos (accepted)
- Z.-C. Wang, H.-L. Niu and S. Ruan, On the existence of axisymmetric
traveling fronts in Lotka-Volterra competition-diffusion systems in $R^3$,
Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems - Series B (accepted)
- H. Gil, W. A. Qualls, C. Cosner, D. L. DeAngelis, A. Hassan, A. M. Gad, S. Ruan, S. R. Cantrell, and
J. C. Beier (2016), A
model for the coupling of the
Greater Bairam and local environmental factors in promoting
Rift-Valley Fever epizootics in Egypt, Public Health Vol. 130, 64-70.
- G. Lin and S. Ruan (2016), Persistence
and failure of complete spreading in
delayed reaction-diffusion equations,
Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society Vol. 144(3), 1059-1072.
- Z. Liu, P. Magal and S. Ruan (2016), Oscillations in a
of consumer-resource mutualisms, Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems -
Series B Vol. 21(2), 537-555.
- F. Chamchod, C. Cosner, R. S. Cantrell, J. C. Beier and S. Ruan (2016),
Transmission dynamics of Rift Valley fever virus: Effects of live and killed
vaccines on epizootic outbreaks and enzootic maintenance,
Frontiers in Microbiology
Vol. 6: 1568. doi:10.3389/fmicb.2015.01568.
- S. Cantrell, C. Cosner and S. Ruan (2009), Spatial Ecology, CRC Press/Chapman & Hall, Boca Raton, FL, 2009.
- P. Magal and S. Ruan (2009), Center
Manifolds for Semilinear Equations with Non-dense Domain
and Applications to Hopf Bifurcation in Age Structured Models,
Memoirs of the American Mathematical Society, Vol. 202, No. 951.
- W. Wang and S. Ruan, Simulating the SARS outbreak in Beijing with limited data,
was one of the top 10 cited papers in 2006 in Journal of Theoretical Biology
- Research on "Modeling antibiotic resistance in hospitals" in the news:
First Science News; MedNews; Medical News Today;
Science Centric; Science Daily; Virtual Medical Worlds
- Spatio-Temporal Dynamics in Disease Ecology and Epidemiology, Mathematical Biosciences Insti
tute, October 14, 2011.
- Postdoctoral Fellow (1993-1994), McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada
- Junior Fields Fellow (1992-1993),
Fields Institute, Toronto, Canada
- PhD (1990-1992), Applied Mathematics, University
of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
- MSci (1985-1988), Mathematics, Central China
Normal University, Wuhan, China
- BSci (1979-1983), Mathematics, Central China Normal University, Wuhan, China
- 6/2005-present: Professor, University of Miami, Coral Gables, USA
- 8/2002-5/2005: Associate Professor, University of Miami, Coral Gables, USA
- 8/2001-5/2002: Visiting Associate Professor, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, USA
- 7/1999-8/2002: Associate Professor, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Canada
- 7/1994-6/1999: Assistant Professor, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Canada