The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Arbok's Internet Cafe   » New RBY Tournament - Sneakville Spinoff

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New RBY Tournament - Sneakville Spinoff
Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 01-11-2004 12:33 PM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Notrekaens has decided to have a little RBY tournament as a side project while Sneak4 is running. We've gotten a lot of response so far. We're looking for minimum of 32 players (we only need about 6 more to fit that need) but he's willing to go up to 64 if we get enough.

So everyone who is interesting in a nostalgia trip or that didn't make it into Sneak4 on a team should check this out. It's nothing fancy, just an individual effort normal pairing style tournament.

Interested players should sign up in this topic on the Sneakville forums.

C'mon crusty vets, you know you want to play.

EspeonNidoking
warcraft 3
Member # 2028

posted 01-30-2004 04:50 PM      Profile for EspeonNidoking   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
people still play that game "competetively"?(Spelling?)

- - - - -
"Yeah, my pubic hair has dollar signs trimmed in it!

$$Bling Bling$$" ~Jman

From: Summit,New Jersey, Tampa, Fl, and Rindge, NH | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 01-30-2004 08:13 PM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
lol and you play warcraft 3
EspeonNidoking
warcraft 3
Member # 2028

posted 02-01-2004 11:01 PM      Profile for EspeonNidoking   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
don't take offense, but there's no competition in a game based on luck. sorry [Smile]

warcraft 3, CS, planetside, etc. at least have some level of competition, but hey what do i know.

gg

- - - - -

$$Bling Bling$$" ~Jman

From: Summit,New Jersey, Tampa, Fl, and Rindge, NH | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
novaSphere
Farting Nudist
Member # 2613

Member Rated:
posted 02-01-2004 11:03 PM      Profile for novaSphere   Email novaSphere   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, even Planetside has some competetive value, in the form of points, kills, and the leaderboard. Pokemon is 100% luck; I honestly don't see the competetive value of a game that essentially rolls a series of die to determine the outcome.

- - - - -
"Anthrax will never own me..." -Face

From: Your mother's bed. | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 02-02-2004 07:40 PM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I had a retort here.

But I realized that it really doesn't fucking matter.

[ 02-02-2004, 07:41 PM: Message edited by: Jman ]

EspeonNidoking
warcraft 3
Member # 2028

posted 02-03-2004 12:49 AM      Profile for EspeonNidoking   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
it doesn't...

i was just sayin lol, i still like pokemon though [Wink]

gl hf in the tourney anyway

- - - - -

$$Bling Bling$$" ~Jman

Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 02-04-2004 01:31 AM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey, if you want to play a game where the outcome of a match is always uniform and predictable (being paralyzed once every 4 turns, every 10th ice beam will result in a freeze, etc) won't be much of a game.
From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 03-10-2004 01:26 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cesar:
Hey, if you want to play a game where the outcome of a match is always uniform and predictable (being paralyzed once every 4 turns, every 10th ice beam will result in a freeze, etc) won't be much of a game.

There are many games which use uniform and predictable algorithms yet have varied and interesting results.

- - - - -
[insert sig here]

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.