The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Arbok's Internet Cafe   » Cheating!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cheating!
Mike M.
Farting Nudist
Member # 2748

Member Rated:
posted 04-14-2002 05:53 PM      Profile for Mike M.   Author's Homepage   Email Mike M.   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Today I played on PBS, and a player by the name of Britngary employed a Mewtwo with a SPORE attack. Last time I checked, even Mew on crack is not supposed to have that attack. How is one supposed to defend from a spore wielding mewtwo? Actually I was able to inflict serious damage before the dude disconnected. First, my heroic Electrode TWaved Mewtwo, knowing that a slow Mew2 is a vulnerable Mew2. Then I employed a Gengar(sounds like a suicide or moronic move right?) and immediately did Confuse Ray. Because of paralysis I was able to strike first, confuse him, then put a substitute. The guy disconnected when I attempted the final assault on Mew 2, no doubt it would have been knocked out, no doubt because of unpredictable nature of the battle.

Is there a checking system that points out illegal moves?

P.S Substitue is not supposed to protect from paralysis right? How come I could not thunderwave a substituting pokemon?
This becoming an epidemic, 3 people in a row did it. I know how to fight fire with fire using my electrode... Hehe I will outplay them at their own strategy.

[ 04-14-2002, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: Mike M. ]

From: Orlando, FL, USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rei the Giant Koffing
Farting Nudist
Member # 1909

Member Rated:
posted 04-14-2002 06:08 PM      Profile for Rei the Giant Koffing   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the world of newbies.

[edit] Ah, and wrong forum. [Razz]

[ 04-14-2002, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: Rei the Giant Koffing ]

From: Americas b0rked penis | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
[Articuno]
Farting Nudist
Member # 2454

Member Rated:
posted 04-14-2002 06:37 PM      Profile for [Articuno]   Email [Articuno]   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What a jackass. If you are gonna give Spore to anything non-Parasect in nature, it should be an Electrode!

Well, atleast you had a strategy against the Mewtwo.

- - - - -
All I wanted was to make the world a better place...and make shitloads of money

From: Seafoam Islands, RBY | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
undone-backwards
Farting Nudist
Member # 197

Member Rated:
posted 04-15-2002 05:45 AM      Profile for undone-backwards   Email undone-backwards   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
How is one supposed to defend from a spore wielding mewtwo?
my my...aren't we posh.

Anyway, yeah I battled that dude...He is a newbie in every sense of the word. People like him are the reason why the "exit battle" button is there.

[ 04-15-2002, 05:46 AM: Message edited by: undone-backwards ]

From: under your bed... | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Pokegod
Farting Nudist
Member # 977

posted 04-15-2002 02:41 PM      Profile for Pokegod     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
First of all, good show! It's funny as hell making some cheating newb quit because you foiled their "unstoppable" Pokemon!

Secondly, Sub does block both par and sleep on stadium, but neither of those on gameboy. On the PBS, it blocks par, but not sleep. Whoever Mr K got the PBS code from (Blizzard?) couldn't decide on whether it was going to be based on Stadium or GB rules I guess.

- - - - -
Pokegod... yeah, that won't look dumb in 10 years

From: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mike M.
Farting Nudist
Member # 2748

Member Rated:
posted 04-15-2002 08:32 PM      Profile for Mike M.   Author's Homepage   Email Mike M.   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is there something wrong here? In the end after more or less dominating the battle, I got creamed by bad luck AND cheating. What killed my pokemon was a FOCUS ENERGY-THUNDERBOLTING Jolteon + Plus Resting and Psyching Lapras. The latter lowered special defense of my tanks(Snorlax&Tauros) the former finished them. Illegally I might point out.
He got a critical hit each time! Perhaps it was a mistake exploding Electrode THAT early, but that was done out of desperation. I have some newbie mistakes there, like pulling out a confusing ray suicide Gengar against an Alakazam, but more or less it was alright.

[ 04-15-2002, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: Mike M. ]

Zerot
I pay schoolgirls to verbally abuse me.
Member # 1295

Member Rated:
posted 04-15-2002 09:09 PM      Profile for Zerot   Author's Homepage   Email Zerot   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Could we please not post raw battle logs?
From: Lizton, Indiana | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 04-16-2002 07:32 AM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mike M.:
What killed my pokemon was a FOCUS ENERGY-THUNDERBOLTING Jolteon + Plus Resting and Psyching Lapras. The latter lowered special defense of my tanks(Snorlax&Tauros) the former finished them. Illegally I might point out.
He got a critical hit each time!

Focus Energy + Thunderbolt = Legal. Psychic's Special Down side effect should've been ignored by all those CHs.

And he got a CH every time? Welcome to the world of RBY.

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pinsir_sama
Farting Nudist
Member # 2699

Member Rated:
posted 04-16-2002 06:28 PM      Profile for Pinsir_sama   Email Pinsir_sama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
dude, im a total and complete newblet and i STILL knew that... [Frown]

- - - - -
Sometimes, the fish devours the ants, and sometimes, the ants devour the fish-vietnamese proverb

Mike M.
Farting Nudist
Member # 2748

Member Rated:
posted 04-17-2002 06:55 PM      Profile for Mike M.   Author's Homepage   Email Mike M.   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
NEVER should a Jolteon have focus energy, if you don't believe me search for it in the "ALLOWED" moves list on the AZURE HEIGHTS page:
Jolteon's moves DOES NOT INCLUDE FOCUS ENERGY

Focus energy is not supposed to be used on a jolteon, end of story. Maybe it should be allowed on a Mewtwo to raise its lameness to an all new level?

ShuveitX
Farting Nudist
Member # 1843

Member Rated:
posted 04-17-2002 07:05 PM      Profile for ShuveitX   Author's Homepage   Email ShuveitX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Think about it
Gloomboy
Farting Nudist
Member # 462

Member Rated:
posted 04-17-2002 09:41 PM      Profile for Gloomboy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah,he probably evolved Eevee later to get a Focus Energy Jolteon. All the Eeveelutions will get Focus Energy for some reason or the other. [Smile]

- - - - -
"You forgot the part where Pikachu faints Rhydon with Thundershock..." - White Cat

"I don't care if you're lost. You show up here,you're nothing but a victim!" - Rocket Grunt under Goldenrod City

"That's what Hypnosis does; it fails horribly." - Uiru

From: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.