The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Arbok's Internet Cafe   » Johto Invasion: Me vs. 10K

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Johto Invasion: Me vs. 10K
Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 10-04-2001 05:49 PM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I win 6-2.

His Starmie switched into a Rhydon EQ, then I went with Zapdos for the KO.

Chansey also switched in against Rhydon, and died to a CH Rock Slide then EQ.

Snorlax put down his Paralyzed 'Kazam.

May Alakazam beat his Kangaskhan.

"No way!" I thought. "Up 6-2 against 10K? I must be better than I thought!"

Waiting for his 5th Pokemon, I see that he exits the battle, then sends me a concession via e-mail.

If 10K reads this, GG. You sure could have fooled me that you weren't the same user as was mentioned in early posts. Weren't you one of the top legends here back in 2000?

[ 10-04-2001: Message edited by: Jolt135 ]

From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 10-04-2001 11:32 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You forgot to mention my FPs, and your your seemingly imperviousness to Confuse Ray in tandem with paralysis . But You did a few of your CHs.

You also didn't talk about the fact that you saw my opening pokemon (Chansey) the first time I challenged you,... or that four minute time period following directly afterwards when you weren't in the battle arena.... But then when I was able to challenge you for a second time, you made the right decision, and switched to Rhydon against Chansey!

Sidenote: you never used a Zapdos against me... a CH earthquake from your Rhydon killed my Starmie on a switch in, not my attempt to take down your zapdos using my starmie... Also: I didn't switch Chansey in against Rhydon... It ws FP twice, as RHYDON was switched in.

If you're gonna write up a story about winning, be sure not to exclude the part luck had to play!

Your selective memory makes me feel that I should point out the fact that your amazing skill as a trainer (in this particular circumstance, at the very least) should be duely noted as stemming directly from unprobable-probabilities (e.g. luck).

quote:

"No way!" I thought. "Up 6-2 against 10K? I must be better than I thought!"

please don't confuse skill with luck...

I'd be glad to differentiate the two in another battle

but yeah, you won! Good luck in the future!

[ 10-05-2001: Message edited by: 10,000Lb.Snorlax ]

Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 10-05-2001 07:52 PM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh, yeah. I was still in the mindset that Zappy was KO'ing everyone (as that was what happened in the first battle.)

And Rhydon didn't get the KO either. CH Earthquake took it to (I think) 19%, then I switched to Dragonite. Starmie C-Rays, Dragonite is confused. Starmie T-Waves, Draggy is Parafused. Dragonite used Body Slam, and somehow it got the KO.

From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.