The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Arbok's Internet Cafe   » State of the community address

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: State of the community address
Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 09-27-2001 04:01 PM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
While the GSbot may still be popular or even more popular than ever, the GSPBS seems almost ready for regular use, and a new faster KeroKato RBY battler has been put up, I'm finding a problem. There are tournaments, but they usually all fail.

People even seem to lose interest in the Sneakville's tournies. Sure, the CLST was great. Bringing back the glory days of Board vs. Board combat. And the SMPT was fun, crazy teamz agains crazy teams. However, the Sneak3 has been struggling along.

Support for such events seems to be dwindling. People get knocked out and they just don't care. People don't get picked, so they just don't care.

The tournaments have no linkage. There may be 4-5 tournaments of the same idea going on at one time. Does this really prove who's the best at the game? No.

I have an idea. I can't organise this. I've tried organising tournaments before. I'm not sure any run-of-the-mill guy can. We need someone.

Nintendo won't give us a Game Link League, so why not create our own?

I was thinking a ladder system. Something like Boxing. Instead of having a "Lightweight", "Heavyweight", "Cruserweight", etc. we can have "Red/Blue/Yellow", "Gold/Silver Influences", "Gold/Silver/Crystal", hell even "Underused" classes(we give them catchy names, of course). We could have a tournament to decide the first champion. People can challenge the champion in a certain fight to try and take the belt. The champion can reject 5(or so) battles, but must fight the rest(so the champion does not stall out..).

To make this work, we need an official leader. Head of the Official Commitee. And maker of the website. Someone who is comitited enough. In addition, we need delegations from all major boards. Yes, that means (semicompitent, hopefully) people from TPM(if its still up, or whatever) and Pojo. This would suggest that when a rule change, idea, etc needs to be voted upon, they will vote, assuming they have asked the people from their board first.

Well.. thats about it. Thoughts? Comments? Etc?

Crazed Aipom
Farting Nudist
Member # 1575

Member Rated:
posted 09-27-2001 05:43 PM      Profile for Crazed Aipom     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It'd be too much of a fucking popularity contest, just like everything else that is Pokémon today. If people would should trying to be so damn cool and would stop trying to get their name out to the pokécommunity, and just have fun, it would undoubtably be better. But hey, that's not gonna happen for a looooong time. People won't admit it, but I'm sure the age level has dropped a good 3-4 years since the beginning.
From: www.turntherobotoff.com | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
ShuveitX
Farting Nudist
Member # 1843

Member Rated:
posted 09-27-2001 06:37 PM      Profile for ShuveitX   Author's Homepage   Email ShuveitX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
PM are teh smarter,

- - - - -
"His name always reminds me of a female masturbating tool, so he deserves to be ragged upon" ~ psycho monkey

Mewone
I have a pokemon as my username. I mean, come on.
Member # 1694

Member Rated:
posted 09-27-2001 07:28 PM      Profile for Mewone     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Indeed. Now if we could organize this in real life, not through the internet... *could never happen* Ah, well...
From: Azure Heights | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Skarmory
Farting Nudist
Member # 1850

Member Rated:
posted 09-28-2001 12:48 AM      Profile for Skarmory   Email Skarmory   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
heh, it doesn't sound possible....

- - - - -
If I had a funny quote, I'd put it here.

kristraj
Farting Nudist
Member # 1360

Member Rated:
posted 09-28-2001 08:00 AM      Profile for kristraj     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i vote me, nah, anyway i guess this person would have be a sorta admin for all the pokemon community, he'd haveta go to every board, man this dude has to be terribly commited, but it is a nice idea

- - - - -
trying is always the first step towards failure

From: where ever there's a topless blonde | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.