The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Arbok's Internet Cafe   » Johto Invasion R1: Me vs. Funkytoad

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Johto Invasion R1: Me vs. Funkytoad
Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 09-25-2001 04:53 PM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I beat Funkytoad 5-0 on TeeJay’s yesterday, thanks to some very fortunate luck. Here’s some battle details:

My Alakazam doesn’t strike first with Substitute, and gets T-Waved by Funkytoad’s ‘Kazam. I am then informed on AIM that Porygon’s Big Show is the only one where Sub blocks status, not TJ’s. What a bitch that it’s the only one I can’t access. Anyway, I finally succeed in getting the first KO, but not before I have a frozen Dragonite and 3 paralyzed Pokemon. After Zapdos gets that first kill on Kangaskhan (lucky crit-hit) out comes Snorlax. Was he expecting a OHKO with Selfdestruct? I bet he was, but overlooked one thing:

“Jolt135’s ZAPDOS used reflect!”

Zappy survives with 50% health to spare. After that, Funkytoad’s Dragonite comes in. I end up switching 5 times in a row against his T-Bolt/Blizzard Draggy, hoping to PP waste. This weakens Snorlax to 34 HP, Alakazam below 100 and paralyzed, my own Dragonite already frozen at 22, so I have to switch to Starmie. I expect a Blizzard, but he anticipates this and T-Bolts Starmie to death. Now, there’s just one Pokemon in any condition to battle:

ZAPDOS.

And with 88 HP, one Blizzard from Dragonite will KO it. I NEED a crit-hit to stay in the match.

Whaddya know, I get a CH Thunderbolt and kill Dragonite. Out next is Funkytoad’s DT/Resting Tauros. Luckily for me, he switched it out immediately after using Rest back toward the beginning. I therefore have 2 hits in which to kill Tauros. Having my Damage Calculator window on the screen (hehe) I determined that 2 regular T-Bolt’s won’t kill Tauros, unless one CH’s. And then, YET AGAIN, I click to use the move:

“Jolt135’s ZAPDOS used thunderbolt!”
“CRITICAL HIT!!!!!!!!!!” Tauros then falls to a Drill Peck (I used it to anticipate a possible switch to ‘Kazam,) and I lead 5-2, against a paralyzed, 30% Alakazam and some other Pokemon.

Out comes the “some other Pokemon”: Omastar, his “last ditch fighter.” Surf from Omastar to Zapdos does between 97 to 115, enough to kill my Zappy since it currently has 88 HP left. Non-CH Thunderbolt does a maximum of 258, which isn’t enough, and no other Pokemon stands a chance if Zapdos goes down. I’m on a hot streak, though, and decide to Thunderbolt again. Sure enough,

“CRITICAL HIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

I have won. All Funkytoad has left is an Alakazam with about 100 HP, and it is paralyzed. One Drill Peck does the job, and it CH’s (yet again!) for overkill. I WIN!! MY FIRST WIN EVER IN A TOURNAMENT! ON TO ROUND 2!

And in conclusion:

1: Zapdos ro><ors. Note to self: Reflect beats Light Screen any day.

2: RBY is pure luck. Even for Zappy, 6 straight CH’s is less than a 0.006% chance.

3: I need to change my team since TJ’s doesn’t use the Substitute Block Rule.

To all my future opponents, know this: I can’t access Porygon’s Big Show. Battles involving me will have to take place on TeeJay’s PBS (I’m usually on between 4-5 PM CDT). Until Round 2, see ya!

From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
red13n
My parents think it's weird I wack off to anthropomorphic animals. Yiff yiff.
Member # 1013

Member Rated:
posted 09-25-2001 08:30 PM      Profile for red13n   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Did you ever think that substitute doesnt block status effects because thats the way its supposed to work? Idiot.
Skarmory
Farting Nudist
Member # 1850

Member Rated:
posted 09-28-2001 12:52 AM      Profile for Skarmory   Email Skarmory   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
lol

- - - - -
If I had a funny quote, I'd put it here.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.