The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Arbok's Internet Cafe   » A unique new tournament! EVERYONE READ!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A unique new tournament! EVERYONE READ!
Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 09-24-2001 07:24 PM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
After seeing Uiru’s Johto Invasion, I have decided I can safely initiate the idea I always had for a tournament. It is called the Past Meets Present Tournament, or PMPT. I haven’t made an entirely new website for it, but the page http://pbsim.dhs.org/forum/thread.php?thread=298 will have to suffice. For those of you who don’t like to click links, here are the essentials:

Johto Invasion introduced GSC tradebacks to the world of RBY. Well, the PMPT takes it a step further. PMPT is summed up by the question “How would RBY Pokemon battle under GSC rules?” It’s supposed to simulate battles where RBY Paks duke it out on Stadium 2, with all the changes in game mechanics added. GSC influences are obviously allowed (as long as they exist in RBY), and even held items (it’s possible to put items on RBY Pokemon through GSC tradebacks, and S2 will recognize these items).

However, another thing that stands out is this:

MEWTWO AND MEW ARE BOTH ALLOWED!

Before you panic, it’s not THAT unrestricted. Both of them have special limits on the levels they can be at (Mewtwo limited to L87, Mew at L93). There’s no need to totally ban Mewtwo, thanks to Amnesia’s shortfall in GSC. Mew’s level restriction comes from the few added moves it picks up in GSC, notably Flamethrower.

Several things (such as Bite’s change to Dark and Magneton’s addition of Steel) ought to be more popular than ever, while others (can anyone say “Tobybro is screwed?” will no longer be a problem.

The PMPT represents the most daring leap ever taken for RBY Pokemon, and thanks to the completely new metagame it presents, my guess is that several as-yet-undiscovered things about RBY will become commonplace when this tournament is over. It’s about time the old Pokemon see some new strategies.

You can post here saying that you will compete, but it will be more convenient for me if you also sign up on the PBSim board. If you want to compete but aren’t a member of the PBSim (yes, the battles will take place there, NOT on GSBot), I recommend signing up there immediately, preferably under the same name you use at Azure. Also include your e-mail and AIM/MSN name, as always.

This will be a crucial tournament as far as the discovery of new strategies. With any luck, it will be the most successful RBY (sort of) tournament EVER! Who’s going to join the quest?

From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
ShuveitX
Farting Nudist
Member # 1843

Member Rated:
posted 09-24-2001 08:49 PM      Profile for ShuveitX   Author's Homepage   Email ShuveitX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think there are way too many tournaments going on right now, and that you should hold off on this tourney until some more tourneys finish.

Also, Tobybro has been screwed for a long time, and is never really a threat to anyone.

- - - - -
"His name always reminds me of a female masturbating tool, so he deserves to be ragged upon" ~ psycho monkey

red13n
My parents think it's weird I wack off to anthropomorphic animals. Yiff yiff.
Member # 1013

Member Rated:
posted 09-24-2001 08:53 PM      Profile for red13n   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OMG, your such a newbie. Please die. Anyone who joins this thing is a newbie also. Let us note that absolutely no moves on PBSim work correctly right now. They dont even have milk drink and recover working, or any other basic move. Not to mention stats dont seem to effect anything, considering my electrode went and 2 hit ko'ed a t-tar with 2 cross chops, and neither were critical hits, as critical hits do not exist on PBSim. Status changes also dont exist, and switching doesnt work. *points and laughs at jolt135*
Windex
I am the greatest human being ever. It is impossible to insult me.
Member # 9

Member Rated:
posted 09-24-2001 09:18 PM      Profile for Windex   Email Windex   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There are too many tournies that have four letter acronyms.
DarkLickitung
I AM FRIENDS WITH ZACK_COMRADE IRL
Member # 1672

Member Rated:
posted 09-24-2001 09:27 PM      Profile for DarkLickitung   Email DarkLickitung   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Please die.

- - - - -
Nine out of ten Zacks endorse stupidity.

From: See You Auntie. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
El Brando
Farting Nudist
Member # 878

Member Rated:
posted 10-04-2001 12:17 AM      Profile for El Brando   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You've just earned a special place in the tRr Punks section.

And oh yes, please Die!

- - - - -
For those of you whom are not connected with reality. I'm just trying to break the ice on the current hate issue. I'm not being really serious.

Rei the Giant Koffing
Farting Nudist
Member # 1909

Member Rated:
posted 10-04-2001 12:56 AM      Profile for Rei the Giant Koffing   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
um...uh...yea...I guess...uh...hehe...uh...die...errr...something....yea...hehehe...die...hehehe...DIE...heheheh hahaha Bwhahahah....Kwhahahaha...

*cough*

*hack*

*dies*

- - - - -
LightningFlik and Fephisto's crappy Webcomics:
http://www.angelfire.com/ex/pert1/dekla.html

From: Americas b0rked penis | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.