The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Arbok's Internet Cafe   » When ET meant RBY sucks, he really meant it.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: When ET meant RBY sucks, he really meant it.
NickWhiz1
Farting Nudist
Member # 30

Member Rated:
posted 07-10-2001 02:06 PM      Profile for NickWhiz1   Author's Homepage   Email NickWhiz1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
After a slew of CHs and FPs, all not in my favor, Dragonite21 beat me 5-0. Curse him.

------------------
"Aww, does the poor widdle Death Stawmie need mommie to kiss away its boo-boo?" - White Cat

"Ugh, that's impossible!" - R-2 Rival, after Belly Drum Lax OHKO'd Mewtwo with Double-Edge

From: Toledo, OH, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Nirvana
Farting Nudist
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
posted 07-10-2001 02:48 PM      Profile for Nirvana     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't believe it..

------------------
-rVn@
-IM: TitanicAqua

From: United Kingdom. | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Psybro
Half Psyduck. Half Slowbro. All cop.
Member # 290

Member Rated:
posted 07-10-2001 03:12 PM      Profile for Psybro   Email Psybro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
bad players say r/b/y is unnbalanced becus they dont have skills at 'unlocking' each pokemons abilities.

you cannot proove the win was based on luck.

From: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 07-10-2001 03:16 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I saw the match. Dragonite21 got like 6 special downs in a row.

------------------
"It looks like this is my lucky day. I'll take 'The Rapists' for 200."
"That's 'Therapists,' not 'The Rapists.'"
-(Saturday Night Live Celebrity Jeopardy Skit)

AIM: Nobie20

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 07-10-2001 03:23 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
pokmon does use random numbers, you know. these things happen.
red13n
My parents think it's weird I wack off to anthropomorphic animals. Yiff yiff.
Member # 1013

Member Rated:
posted 07-10-2001 04:15 PM      Profile for red13n   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bah. You listened to ET. YOU suck.

------------------

Eaichu250
Farting Nudist
Member # 826

Member Rated:
posted 07-10-2001 04:16 PM      Profile for Eaichu250   Email Eaichu250   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's right Red, Show him the light.

------------------
XD

From: Perth Amboy, NJ | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
DarkLickitung
I AM FRIENDS WITH ZACK_COMRADE IRL
Member # 1672

Member Rated:
posted 07-10-2001 04:18 PM      Profile for DarkLickitung   Email DarkLickitung   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have no problems with my team winning.
From: See You Auntie. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
CHaRiZaRd
Farting Nudist
Member # 994

Member Rated:
posted 07-10-2001 05:16 PM      Profile for CHaRiZaRd   Author's Homepage   Email CHaRiZaRd   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hate the god damned randomization of FP's and CH's and whatnot.

Not fair at all.

I still like RBY, though. It's just more of a challenge, as I see it.

------------------
The Harvey Wall Bangerz page

Just shut the fuck up.

Mick_Hale
Total Moron
Member # 419

Member Rated:
posted 07-10-2001 11:59 PM      Profile for Mick_Hale   Email Mick_Hale   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
PBS bug? Randomization in Perl is far from perfect. In fact, randomization in any language is far from perfect. Either way, it's possible that body slam can miss twice in a row and the other person hits two horn drills in a row, even with six sand attacks. Improbable, but probable. The percentage of occurence in the game may not be perfect, but that's what makes RBY that much more challenging - you can't base your game on CH and FPs.

------------------
TGD: Mah 'puter crashed again!
Mr. K: Have you got one of those new machines that chokes when you try to shove illogical things into it?
Zerot: Thing is we don't know what sort of things his shoved into his computer.
TGD: Oh, shut up...

From: Thornhill, Ontario, Canada | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 07-11-2001 03:28 AM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, the PBS is evil, and now I must rely on it and the crappy luckit gives me to beat xaronfisk. I got my ass beat 6-0 in the G/S part. >_< I swear, one dumb mistake and I get screwed over...

------------------
I AM A GOLDEN GOD!

From: Munchkin Land, Oz | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Nirvana
Farting Nudist
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
posted 07-11-2001 02:48 PM      Profile for Nirvana     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
006: Half of everything is luck James
007: And the other half?
006: Fate

True in this situation.......

------------------
-rVn@
-IM: TitanicAqua

From: United Kingdom. | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bartlebee
Farting Nudist
Member # 1778

Member Rated:
posted 07-12-2001 12:01 PM      Profile for Bartlebee   Email Bartlebee   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I still love RBY; I hate Critical Hits and Fully Paralizeds. Seeing as how my luck is possibly the shittiest anyone will EVER see, I shouldn't like this game that much.

------------------
Or if you're feeling evil use some good g/s tradebacks such as starmie with t.wave - Mewmwan's advice for beating Mewtwo

From: Your mom's ass | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 07-14-2001 06:23 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Since nobody else has, I'd like to acknowledge Psybro's TGD parody...

------------------
"Thank you for your e-mail. This Internet of yours is a wonderful invention."
-- George W. Bush, to Al Gore

Lieutenant Aerodactyl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1967

Member Rated:
posted 07-14-2001 08:53 PM      Profile for Lieutenant Aerodactyl   Email Lieutenant Aerodactyl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bartlebee:
I still love RBY; I hate Critical Hits and Fully Paralizeds. Seeing as how my luck is possibly the shittiest anyone will EVER see, I shouldn't like this game that much.

Sure.... whatever you say. Have you ever had your entire team frozen by a Jynx? Or had a Tauros defeat you using Horn Drill after being Sand Attack'ed 6 times, confused AND paralysed.

A Tauros actually once DID defeat my Starmie after being Sand Attack'ed 6 times, confused AND paralysed.

And a Jynx did freeze 4 of my team in a row.

Never say the grass is always greener on the other side, okay?

This is just my 2 cents. All flames/insults are unintentional.

------------------

The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2001 05:57 PM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"Dress warm 'cause it's gonna git cold...CRYOMANCER!"

No wonder they banned Evasion from the tournaments...hehehe... }>=^D

------------------
"I'm used to being wrong, so don't worry about it." -Mick when asked to proove his claims.

From: Las Vegas were everyone uses Mimic & Metronome! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 07-22-2001 08:34 AM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Isn't this the same guy who pummeled GP-Chan's ass into oblivion?

------------------

From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 07-22-2001 08:37 AM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That said, I'd just say do indeed stick with GSC. You can win against a former TPM mod there, but travel back and you get obliterated by someone with only 500 more posts than you (as opposed to well over 2000 more from G_P)? WTF! I guess it's the fact that Nickwak doesn't work in RBY.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Jolt135 (edited 07-22-2001).]

From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 07-22-2001 08:22 PM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It doesn't work in GSC either.

------------------
I AM A GOLDEN GOD!

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 07-24-2001 04:35 AM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mick_Hale:
Improbable, but probable.

Eh?

------------------
"The statement by our blunderbuss azurian is totally non valid."
-MK

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dragonite21
Farting Nudist
Member # 475

posted 07-27-2001 04:34 PM      Profile for Dragonite21     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jolt135:
You can win against a former TPM mod there, but travel back and you get obliterated by someone with only 500 more posts than you...

Bwuh? What does post count have to do with anything?

I'm actually glad that K removed the counter under your name...stops people treating this place like TPM.

*has almost 1300 posts, doesn't really care*

------------------
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got

From: London, United Kingdom | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk
Happy Good Times Fortune Happiness Happity Hocks Cat-Gonk Happifier
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 07-28-2001 12:56 PM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Great Dreamer:
"Dress warm 'cause it's gonna git cold...CRYOMANCER!"

No wonder they banned Evasion from the tournaments...hehehe... }>=^D

No TGD, that would have been because of ME.

"Did you hear that Cat-Gonk's got mIRC access. Auto's teaching him to play GSbot now."
"Oh..shit. What are we going to do?"
"Let's make Evade Clause standard for GSbot battles, and say that it's to speed things up even though Curse wars take even longer."
"Good idea. Of course you realise he'll take credit for this now."
"Him and AGNP, you mean."

------------------
t-gk: NvêVasTrR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
D !iv n GdDsh?
@iM: CatGonk | !r: Tourmaline | I<Q: 83851495
tH3 Ktt l1Ttr )(: --[ http://catgonk.cjb.net ]--

<MrCoffee> Cuz it's the cool thing to do.
<_LugiaStorm_> It's the CAT-GONK thing to do.

From: Perth, Western Australia. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Skarmory
Farting Nudist
Member # 1850

Member Rated:
posted 07-28-2001 10:32 PM      Profile for Skarmory   Email Skarmory   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Its actually quite funny reading this considering i never saw anything like this before GS came out :P

------------------
Stat upping works!

Justin8649
Farting Nudist
Member # 1789

Member Rated:
posted 07-30-2001 12:55 AM      Profile for Justin8649   Email Justin8649   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
YES RBY SUCKS THE BIG ONE! LUCK ALWAYS SEEMS TO BE SOOO 1 SIDED! I HAD THE RBY MATCH WON WITH EASE! AND THEN I LOST BECAUSE OF MAD LUCK! AND ON THE TIEBREAKER HE CHOSE RBY! AND I HAD THE MATCH WON AGAIN! BUT HE GOT MAD LUCK AGAIN! RBY SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS!

------------------
w00t! AHAHA!

RSS WILL WIN SNEAK3!!!!

Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 07-30-2001 02:43 AM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
RBY does not suck. The PBS sucks. You're confusing yourself again.

------------------
I AM A GOLDEN GOD!

The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 07-31-2001 10:18 PM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cat Gonk,
You where responsible for the creation of that abomination?

....how, oh how can you sleep at night?

------------------
"Stop assuming you are smarter than people who make the game, they think on a totally different level than you, break out of the fucking square you live in." -Mu

From: Las Vegas were everyone uses Mimic & Metronome! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 08-01-2001 10:33 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
On top of a big pile of money, with many beautiful Jynx.

------------------
"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century."
-- Al Gore

JolteonStorm
Farting Nudist
Member # 1774

posted 08-01-2001 11:56 AM      Profile for JolteonStorm   Author's Homepage   Email JolteonStorm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cat-Gonk was not the reason for evade clause, nor was TGD..I already explained this to you, CG.

As far as I remember, Marcus Majarra was sick of battles being so long and luck-filled (even more than today), so he started an evade clause. Now it's just become the standard.

NickWhiz1
Farting Nudist
Member # 30

Member Rated:
posted 08-01-2001 12:01 PM      Profile for NickWhiz1   Author's Homepage   Email NickWhiz1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Incredible.

This topic is near 30 posts, and growing.

*runs and hides*

On a side note, I finally got one of those @ symbols next to my name in #pokebattle! *jigs*

------------------
"Aww, does the poor widdle Death Stawmie need mommie to kiss away its boo-boo?" - White Cat

"Ugh, that's impossible!" - R-2 Rival, after Belly Drum Lax OHKO'd Mewtwo with Double-Edge

From: Toledo, OH, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 08-01-2001 08:07 PM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Marcus Majara, that damn peep squeak!
I knew he was part of The Brotherhood Of Clausewhore Clans, I knew it! Damn him!

------------------
"Stop assuming you are smarter than people who make the game, they think on a totally different level than you, break out of the fucking square you live in." -Mu

Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 08-06-2001 11:24 AM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mick_Hale:
Improbable, but probable.

I think he meant, "Improbable, but possible."

- - - - -
lol pokemon

Atma
Farting Nudist
Member # 689

Member Rated:
posted 08-07-2001 11:44 PM      Profile for Atma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
DT ban is good -- without it, battles take too long. Even though I don't use DT, one of these days I'm sure I'll wind up having to Psych Up a Dt/Rest Kingdra in some g/s battle...

- - - - -
"My name is Atma...
I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.
Forgotten in the river of time...
I've had an eternity to ponder the meaning of things...
And now I have an answer..."

From: Cinnabar Isle, Long Island, NY | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
DizzyBum
Farting Nudist
Member # 435

Member Rated:
posted 08-10-2001 03:14 PM      Profile for DizzyBum   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk:
No TGD, that would have been because of ME.

...Yep. That's about right.

I dunno... When I tried GSBot once or twice, I went for Double Team on a couple Pokmon. It taught me the importance of remembering that Miltank can learn Psych Up.

- - - - -
>> Otakara wa itadaki yo!

From: Monroe, CT, USA | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
theclaw
Farting Nudist
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
posted 08-25-2001 05:20 AM      Profile for theclaw   Author's Homepage   Email theclaw   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Two things to say now:
Anyone who hates anything Pokemon related is a ****.
I use evasion all the time!

*Looks over at Jolteon*

- - - - -
Come to my web site at http://geocities.com/theclaw135 . My message board is at http://pub081.ezboard.com/btheclaw135selectriccastle.

From: Pokemon World | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Fractyl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1311

Member Rated:
posted 08-25-2001 01:14 PM      Profile for Fractyl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by theclaw:
[QB]Two things to say now:
Anyone who hates anything Pokemon related is a ****.
[QB]

WTF is a ****? you if you're going to censor yourself, at least give us a clue as to what you are saying.

and for the love of Goddish you can use 'naughty' language here

*clears throat*
shit, piss, fuck, cunt, cocksucker motherfucker and tits

- - - - -
I pretty much agree with Fractyl. -- Porygone

From: Wetlands of Langley B.C. | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
oporaca
Farting Nudist
Member # 922

Member Rated:
posted 08-25-2001 01:26 PM      Profile for oporaca     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*remembers TheTrueHaunter*
*glares at Fractyl*

- - - - -
I'm a closet Pokmon fan -- all evidence I like Pokmon is locked away in my closet.

SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 08-25-2001 01:54 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*Is member of the "Raped by Luck in RBY" club.*

Two sleep powders fail, then the next two turns, full paralysis, then another sleep powder fails. All the while having Special Lowered twice via Psychic.

And this was the opening of the Sneak3 R4 match.

YAY

[ 08-25-2001: Message edited by: SDShamshel ]

- - - - -
Pretty de Cure Cure
Futari wa Precure

Bulbasaur3000
Donkeylips
Member # 1801

Member Rated:
posted 08-26-2001 04:07 AM      Profile for Bulbasaur3000     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Eh...

Even when I try my hand at Stadium 2, with the lowered CH chances and such, the computer still gets 3 CHs in a row, followed by a hitting dynamicpunch, followed by 2 more CHs, while I am FPed 4 out of 5 times.

The shitty luck is the same in both series, so I'll just stay with what makes sense, RBY.

*poZes*

- - - - -
This signature sucks. Why is it here?

Dav1dL
Farting Nudist
Member # 2046

Member Rated:
posted 08-26-2001 08:14 PM      Profile for Dav1dL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Will this topic ever die?

- - - - -
Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

DarkLickitung
I AM FRIENDS WITH ZACK_COMRADE IRL
Member # 1672

Member Rated:
posted 08-26-2001 09:06 PM      Profile for DarkLickitung   Email DarkLickitung   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fractyl:
and for the love of Goddish you can use 'naughty' language here

A-FUCKING-GODDAMN-MEN!

- - - - -
Nine out of ten Zacks endorse stupidity.

From: See You Auntie. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Charmeleon42
Date Rapist
Member # 1066

Member Rated:
posted 08-28-2001 01:37 AM      Profile for Charmeleon42   Author's Homepage   Email Charmeleon42   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DarkLickitung:
A-FUCKING-GODDAMN-MEN!

You get 5 stars.

- - - - -
my god, how stupid can two people be? Attracting a Starmie thats trying to Thunder-Wave a Quagsire.

From: Mountain Dew Land | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokmon Laboratory

2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.