The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Arbok's Internet Cafe   » teejay and the sucky cup league

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: teejay and the sucky cup league
maagisk
Farting Nudist
Member # 536

Member Rated:
posted 08-02-2000 09:25 PM      Profile for maagisk   Author's Homepage   Email maagisk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
teejay! are you doing the sucky cup league, well if you im definatly in it(i hope).

------------------
The Starball catches the ultimate pokemon a.k.a. Sqirtle.

-Maagisk

From: Dramen, Norway | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
TeeJay
Farting Nudist
Member # 265

Member Rated:
posted 08-02-2000 10:32 PM      Profile for TeeJay     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes I am. I am writing the page right now. Its at www.geocities.com/dabigtom/pbsleague Right now its perty shabby but I'm working on it currently.

------------------
TeeJay: "Edgar, you idiot! Why do you have to live in the middle of nowhere?" -Kefka, FF6
AIM: daBIGTom

From: Overland Park, Kansas, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
maagisk
Farting Nudist
Member # 536

Member Rated:
posted 08-02-2000 10:42 PM      Profile for maagisk   Author's Homepage   Email maagisk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
alright!!!!!!!!!!yipeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

------------------

-Maagisk

maagisk
Farting Nudist
Member # 536

Member Rated:
posted 08-02-2000 10:44 PM      Profile for maagisk   Author's Homepage   Email maagisk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
uhhh, where do you sign up

------------------

-Maagisk

starCaliber
is evil and also MewtwoSama
Member # 268

Member Rated:
posted 08-02-2000 11:53 PM      Profile for starCaliber   Email starCaliber   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
TeeJay, I think you need to remember some CREDITS on that.

------------------
"Anyone but Luigi."
-Fish, on who he can use in Smash Bros.

From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
TeeJay
Farting Nudist
Member # 265

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2000 12:12 AM      Profile for TeeJay     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't know. I'll put the credits somewhere when I feel like it. E-mail me to sign up you guys.

------------------
TeeJay: "Edgar, you idiot! Why do you have to live in the middle of nowhere?" -Kefka, FF6

starCaliber
Member # 268

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2000 03:21 AM      Profile for starCaliber   Email starCaliber   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't want to sign up; I barely am on PBS enough for the IBT, let alone some league.

------------------
"Anyone but Luigi."
-Fish, on who he can use in Smash Bros.

Biffster
Farting Nudist
Member # 269

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2000 04:29 AM      Profile for Biffster     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Great idea TeeJay!

Take someone else's idea change a couple things and copyright it to yourself.

Brilliant.

We need to make it something besides Sucky Cup.

Well, you have changed everything else....

I don't want to participate "shitted" Sucky Cup.

------------------
"Ok... Whoever wins this next battle is the DoA2 Queen."
-StarCaliber

AIM: BiffsterPKMN
Some fuck-a-luck took Biffster

From: Viridian City (On the road at least) | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Pink Elephant
Farting Nudist
Member # 261

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2000 09:15 AM      Profile for Pink Elephant   Author's Homepage   Email Pink Elephant   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
im in! this sounds like alot of fun. ^_^

------------------
Last night, I played a blank tape at full blast. The mime next door went nuts.

maagisk
Farting Nudist
Member # 536

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2000 12:50 PM      Profile for maagisk   Author's Homepage   Email maagisk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fanha:
Of all the...

But it does need renaming to something less offensive to some...the implications of constantly saying the word "sucky" aren't exactly positive...

Your an idiot fanha!

------------------

-Maagisk

MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2000 01:35 PM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like this sucky cup stuff,

you can sign me up.

------------------
MewtwoSama
Zombies Ate My Neighbors

From: Abyss of Evil | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
branners
Farting Nudist
Member # 101

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2000 02:39 PM      Profile for branners   Author's Homepage   Email branners   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sign me in/up.

------------------
-branners, AKA Tominater

AIM: BranSama | ICQ: 75872424

maagisk
Farting Nudist
Member # 536

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2000 04:16 PM      Profile for maagisk   Author's Homepage   Email maagisk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have a question , whats the difference between the Karp League and the Weedle League?

------------------

-Maagisk

Sneakerton
Farting Nudist
Member # 513

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2000 05:42 PM      Profile for Sneakerton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
teejay you shouldn't steal biff and sc's idea.

------------------
Come on, try to catch me. Catch me if you can.

TeeJay
Farting Nudist
Member # 265

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2000 06:18 PM      Profile for TeeJay     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought you guys finally gave up on typing as Sneakerton, Biffster and SC. I mean really, thats pretty sad if you have to hide behind another name just cause you don't wanna get yelled at.

I haven't changed a single Pokemon in the Sucky Cup yet. Except for adding Golbat. And I don't recall taking credit for this. Notice how its called the Sucky Cup League, not TeeJay's Sucky Cup League. You two really know how to throw fits.

On the Weedle and Karp leagues, sorry, I need to change that to division. Also, I just received an email from someone wanting me to put Victreebel in. I don't know about that. Of course, Venusaur is even better IMO.

And I'm changing the title. You guys better think of something fast or I'm gonna make one up.

------------------

Kobayashi
Farting Nudist
Member # 313

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2000 07:14 PM      Profile for Kobayashi     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kakuna Kup!

Is it just me who thinks thats a cool name?

------------------
-kobayashi

TeeJay
Farting Nudist
Member # 265

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2000 08:52 PM      Profile for TeeJay     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like Reject Cup the best. I put up credit to you two whining bastards, by the way.

------------------

Enter Your Name Here
Farting Nudist
Member # 57

Member Rated:
posted 08-04-2000 01:27 AM      Profile for Enter Your Name Here   Email Enter Your Name Here   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like Karp Cup.

And, speaking of Argo, has he ever shown up at ANY board since he got kicked off the head of the IBT? Or did I just miss his "I'm leaving" post over vacation?

BTW, I'm signing up. And about the OHKO clause - what if you have, say, a Machamp out and your opponent a Likitung (or something slower than Machamp), and you use an OHKO, he switches to someone faster but is killed on the switch? What's the ruling for that?

------------------
--EYNH
"The lone person who has cloned so much his cart cloned itself....is not me."

Sora's mom: [Biyomon]...does Sora....hate me?
Biyomon: Of course!
--Excerpt from "Things Digimon Characters Would Never Say"

[This message has been edited by Enter Your Name Here (edited 08-04-2000).]

Deranged
Farting Nudist
Member # 558

Member Rated:
posted 08-04-2000 03:36 AM      Profile for Deranged   Email Deranged   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Argo is now the official poster boy for "Do not play MUDs".

------------------

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 08-04-2000 05:32 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And about the OHKO clause - what if you have, say, a Machamp out and your opponent a Likitung (or something slower than Machamp), and you use an OHKO, he switches to someone faster but is killed on the switch? What's the ruling for that?

I'm certain that the game calculates the OHKO viability based on the Pokemon that it's being used against, not what was out at the start of the turn. (Unless you're talking about PBS, I don't know how that works...)

------------------
"You can't catch him. You can't train him. He's no Pocket Monster!"
-- Godzilla 2000 commercial

TeeJay
Farting Nudist
Member # 265

Member Rated:
posted 08-04-2000 08:30 AM      Profile for TeeJay     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thats what I mean. If he switches and it hits, you're screwed. I would just avoid them. If you guys really want OHKOs I'll take the rule off. Besides, since when do us seasoned strategists rely on a 30% chance? ;-)

------------------

Philbo
Farting Nudist
Member # 443

Member Rated:
posted 08-04-2000 01:54 PM      Profile for Philbo   Email Philbo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm in

------------------
Philbo, you rock.-Cat-Gonk
"Damn you vile woman-you've impeded my work since the day I escaped from your cursed ovarian Bastille!"-Stewie, Family Guy

Peter_the_man: maybe if I could borrow the hubble telescope....
Me: What, to find your dick?,:),j/k
Peter_the_man: grrrrr... don't mess with my dick
Philbo: I wont, he/she sounds scary
Peter_the_man: you better not mess with my dick......
Peter_the_man: 'cos my dick will kick your a... wait a minute...
Peter_the_man: Nevermind!
AIM:Philbosan

From: Kent, England | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Kobayashi
Farting Nudist
Member # 313

Member Rated:
posted 08-04-2000 02:18 PM      Profile for Kobayashi     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sneakerton:
teejay you shouldn't steal biff and sc's idea.

Erm Argo (Yes Argo) came up with a Underused Cup ages back on GameFAQs, sure it was abandoned, but 'Biff' and 'SC' didn't come up with the idea first.

I'm not saying you stole the idea, i'm just saying you didn't come up with it first.

------------------
-kobayashi

Articuno64
Farting Nudist
Member # 668

Member Rated:
posted 08-04-2000 02:49 PM      Profile for Articuno64     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, Argo still sometimes posts at GameFAQs. Just yesterday he muttered something about MUD and then left.

------------------

maagisk
Farting Nudist
Member # 536

Member Rated:
posted 08-05-2000 06:13 PM      Profile for maagisk   Author's Homepage   Email maagisk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Biffster:
Great idea TeeJay!

Take someone else's idea change a couple things and copyright it to yourself.

Brilliant.

[b]We need to make it something besides Sucky Cup.

Well, you have changed everything else....

I don't want to participate "shitted" Sucky Cup.

[/B]

Ummmmmmm. Not really, this sucky cup league came up in the chat area of pbs.

------------------

-Maagisk

MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 08-06-2000 05:26 PM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Looks any wins I make dont count, but when I lose it matters.

Sigh.

------------------
MewtwoSama
Zombies Ate My Neighbors

From: Abyss of Evil | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Da Fwifta
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 764

Rate Member
posted 08-06-2000 05:27 PM      Profile for Da Fwifta   Author's Homepage   Email Da Fwifta   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Im in too, if im not too late.

------------------
To live is to love, to flame is to kill newbies.

TeeJay
Farting Nudist
Member # 265

Member Rated:
posted 08-06-2000 10:28 PM      Profile for TeeJay     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ok Da Fwifta, I'll put you in the Goldeen Division. Only one more slot open this season!

------------------

Da Fwifta
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 764

Rate Member
posted 08-07-2000 06:27 AM      Profile for Da Fwifta   Author's Homepage   Email Da Fwifta   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
TeeJay, you gonna post some sort of fixture list, or do we arrange the battles with each other? Also, I'm on holiday on saturday for 3 weeks, does that affect my position in the league?

------------------

GolemKong
Weiner Dispenser
Member # 16

Member Rated:
posted 08-07-2000 01:29 PM      Profile for GolemKong   Author's Homepage   Email GolemKong   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sounds Like Fun.
I'll join if it isn't too late.

------------------
I enjoy mlmiddleton's insightful views on Pokemon and I hope that one day, I may be able to become half the Pokemon Master he is.

TeeJay
Farting Nudist
Member # 265

Member Rated:
posted 08-07-2000 02:58 PM      Profile for TeeJay     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
GolemKong is the final entry. However Fwifta, if you're leaving for 3 weeks could you just join the league next season? Because I plan on having everyone be in the post season playoffs.

BTW, you arrange the battles yourself. It doesn't matter who you fight, just if you see a league member on PBS, ask for a battle. It's as simple as that.

------------------

Biffster
Farting Nudist
Member # 269

Member Rated:
posted 08-08-2000 02:14 AM      Profile for Biffster     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Umm... TeeJay? My E-Mail is not BiffsterPKMN@yahoo.com. Its Biffster_sc@yahoo.com. You are an asshole.

TeeJay:I put up credit to you two whining bastards, by the way.

If we used your idea to do something, you would be so fucking pissed.

------------------
"Let's go, right now, one on one."
-TeeJay when ever anyone tries to talk smack about their videogame skills.

From: Viridian City (On the road at least) | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
starCaliber
Member # 268

Member Rated:
posted 08-08-2000 02:59 AM      Profile for starCaliber   Email starCaliber   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
TeeJay: I mean really, thats pretty sad if you have to hide behind another name just cause you don't wanna get yelled at.

Who's going to yell at us? You? And besides, you never know for sure who Sneakerton is...he's sneaky...

TeeJay: You two really know how to throw fits.

Just as Biffster said, you'd be pretty steamed if we took one of your ideas and made a league out of it.

TeeJay: Also, I just received an email from someone wanting me to put Victreebel in. I don't know about that.

It should already be in. Sorry, that's a fault on the rules. My bad.

TeeJay: Of course, Venusaur is even better IMO.

Yes, but Sucky Cup material nonetheless. At least for now.

TeeJay: And I'm changing the title.

Well, you're only hurting yourself. Everyone knows it as "Sucky Cup." And it's really the most fitting description. The Pokemon in it, well, suck.

TeeJay: You guys better think of something fast or I'm gonna make one up.

Just like TeeJay to make hasty decisions, eh?

Fanha, some of your cup names blow (IMO, of course). Just leave it at Sucky Cup. It's not trying to be funny, but then dumb later. It's just telling it like it is. The Pokemon in it SUCK. There's no denying it. They aren't getting "revenge," they aren't commoners, they aren't "new-age" Pokemon, and they aren't in a dump. They just suck.

TeeJay: I like Reject Cup the best.

You also like vaseline on toast.

TeeJay: I put up credit to you two whining bastards

Now who's mature? ^_~

Kobayashi: Erm Argo (Yes Argo) came up with a Underused Cup ages back on GameFAQs

Eep.

Kobayashi: sure it was abandoned

If it's the same thing, then why does this one have leagues popping up already?

Kobayashi: but 'Biff' and 'SC' didn't come up with the idea first.

Perhaps not, if what you say is true. But we did make up this exact ruleset, and I can guarantee you that we just sat down and started picking bad Pokemon that we thought should be grouped together in a cup. At the end, we decided to call it "Sucky Cup." AH's knowledge of it was my doing, as I posted it under the Pokemon Center to see if you guys would get any kicks out of it.

Kobayashi: I'm not saying you stole the idea, i'm just saying you didn't come up with it first.

OK, fair enough.

maagisk: Ummmmmmm. Not really, this sucky cup league came up in the chat area of pbs.

You are talking just about the league itself, right? I don't care where that came from. But, like I said, I can assure you that the exact Sucky Cup ruleset (which may have been modified slightly by TeeJay) was designed solely by Biffster and myself.

------------------
"Bye guys, I'm heading back to Michigan."
-Fish151PKMN, saying worst words ever.

Da Fwifta
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 764

Rate Member
posted 08-08-2000 04:31 AM      Profile for Da Fwifta   Author's Homepage   Email Da Fwifta   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ok I'll pull out of this season. I'll be back in 3 weeks from saturday. PS. My birthday tommorow!

------------------

TeeJay
Farting Nudist
Member # 265

Member Rated:
posted 08-08-2000 10:09 AM      Profile for TeeJay     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
thanks Fwifta.

------------------

maagisk
Farting Nudist
Member # 536

Member Rated:
posted 08-08-2000 11:50 AM      Profile for maagisk   Author's Homepage   Email maagisk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
actually, it waent all your idea, at the chat area in PBS the topic was dicussed, and we tryed to figure out who would run it. and teejay so generously offered to run it. isent that right teejay.

------------------

-Maagisk

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.