The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Arbok's Internet Cafe   » Oh, the tale I am about to tell. Gather 'round, children...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Oh, the tale I am about to tell. Gather 'round, children...
Jackdaw
Farting Nudist
Member # 118

Member Rated:
posted 07-24-2000 08:59 PM      Profile for Jackdaw   Author's Homepage   Email Jackdaw   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I went to PBS earlier today. I had a super sucky exerimential line-up made.

Creampuff- Clefable
Goopy- Muk
Beet-lore- Pinsir
Sasha- Golbat
Diane- Vaporeon
Fred- Electabuzz

Boy, did I get my butt handed to me. Interesting enough, though, I had the greatest luck against my opponent, the Jman.

It began. Creampuff came face to face with a Raichu. After we both Paralyzed each other, Creampuff was FPed to much to minimize to safty, and was slayed by Thunderbolts.

Next, I whipped out the Electabuzz. He was Paralyzed, too, but I concentrated Psychicing the rat, and killed it eventually.

Jman then brought out a Sandslash (eep). Thinking that it'd have Rockslide, I didn't want to bring out Pinsir or Golbat for sucker hits just to avoid a quake, so I pulled out Diane.

Quickly surfing, Jman switched out to a Seadra, and I counter switched back to Electabuzz. I saw his Seadra had Ice Beam, and this way he couldn't get frozen (i thought for once ^_^)

Speeding along, I switched to Pinsir (dumb move). He died two turns later. Having a weakened electabuzz, and everything being weak to it (i knew I forgot my flareon), I tossed out Goopy. He usually brought me great luck against Alakazams, so I figured a 'Gutor would be a sinch. Two turns later he died.

Now I was pretty much screwed (i even told Jman this). Clefable, Pinsir, and Muk were dead, Electabuzz was wounded, and sending out Vaporeon would be suicide. My only hope rested in Golbat's Speed and Confuse Ray. For the first time ever, I felt that the system wasn't cheating me.

Golbat was blest by Lady Luck. Exeggutor whacked himself twice, coupled with 2 wing attacks, and was fainted. I couldn't believe it happened. But then came back the Ice-shooting Seadra, so I took out 'Buzz. He died really fast, so I took back out Golbat, to try my luck again. This time, the cruel Mistress frowned upon Sasha, and another one went down the drain.

Only my Vaporeon remained. She surfed the Seadra dead, taking quite a bit of damage herself.

Golbat came out next. It confused poor lil' Vaporeon, but her ice beam froze first hit! This had never happened to me before. Usuaully, only I got frozen, but this one time, I froze! I was so happy, I could of cried. I Acid Armored up before killing the bat, and next came a Slowbro.

Like an idiot, he'd DT twice, and I'd Haze it off. After a while of that, he hit me with a Surf. Vaporeon was down to 2% of her life. I knew the battle was over. All hope was lost! ... but fate does love to toy with me

I managed an Ice beam. It hit. It froze. Neither Jman nor I could believe this. It was amazing enough that I killed the Exeggutor with Golbat, and Ice his Seadra, but to get it again? Oh, happy days!

But, of course, his last pokemon, the sandslash, swifted me dead the moment after I fainted the 'bro.

This may not seem too spetacular to some of you, but I'm the person who never gets side effects to work, misses with 99.6 accurate attacks, and so forth.

Just my thoughts. Hey, just be glad I didn't copy the battle log and paste it here like some people.

------------------
"You carry dinner rolls in your pocket?"
"YES! Oh, you were talking to him. heh heh..." -The Critic
The Venom Forest

Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 07-25-2000 09:08 AM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Jackdaw, that was some fight. I'll tell you what, if Vaporeons were faster I probably would've lost. Good match indeed, and very well written. Thanks for a good fight between your test team, and my semi-test team. Ya know what, my Golbat actually did well in the few battles it fought, and so did yours so maybe, everyone is mistaking Golbat...

------------------
I like Moltres, I like Milktank, Meowth mix meowth mix please deliver...
Get it?
Uh, 50 posts and counting.

KeroKato
Farting Nudist
Member # 230

Member Rated:
posted 07-28-2000 02:29 AM      Profile for KeroKato   Author's Homepage   Email KeroKato   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*clears throat*

Jman, you commoner, that was not Jackdaw's test team. That was an actual team. It's not the one he usually uses, but he and I refuse to use the over sweated Pokemon. It is not enough for us not only to refuse the very high stated cheap Pokemon (Mew, Mewtwo, da Boids), but we also refuse to use just about any Psychic (since they are all so popular) and any other Pokemon that you see in common use. Most people may have one cherished underdog on their team; our teams are pretty much all underdog. With the sucky line ups, we do surprisingly well, and win on occassion... against teams that don't suck! I was watching some of Jack's battles, and there was always one crucial moment when I'd say "What are you doing, you idiot? That wasn't ThunderBolt... That was ThunderWave! And the enemy is already paralyzed! Stupid!" or "One MegaDrain and that Sandslash will be finished off." (Jackdaw) "Dar, no, I have to Haze those Sword Dances away." "Uh, why? One MegaDrain will kill him, and he's going to use Rock Slide next turn? You're faster! Kill him!" "Duh, I can't take that chance." *gets Golbat half dead, but does remove the SD, then next turn uses Mega Drain and kills the Sandslash* Okay, Jack is actually sometimes downright stupid. I guess he's not really the best spokesperson for the users of the little guys.

------------------
Reality's End, We've got stuff!
"The Great Circle of Crap is now complete!" -Drew from the Drew Carey Show
"I'll take care of it; I'm the captain." - William Shatner, not as Captain Kirk
"And then the bacon with wings flew right through that door!" - uh, it's better not to ask about this one

From: I dunno, somewhere | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jackdaw
Farting Nudist
Member # 118

Member Rated:
posted 07-28-2000 06:53 AM      Profile for Jackdaw   Author's Homepage   Email Jackdaw   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Uh, no. That was pretty much a test team. If Beedrills not in it, its a test.

------------------
"Take him away, boys."
"Hey, I'm the chief. Bake him away, toys."
"Ah, what did you say, chief?"
"... just do what the kid said." - the Simpsons
The Venom Forest

Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 07-28-2000 09:22 AM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Umm, Kerokato, he told me it was his test team in the chat... And before we battled he said let me finalise my test team... And not only that, I was using a test team too! Golbat, Seadra, Raichu(not used much.), I did have Sandslash, and The bro, Exeggutor, because those are guys I use on my regular team...

------------------
I like Moltres, I like Milktank, Meowth mix meowth mix please deliver...
Get it?
Uh, 50 posts and counting.

KeroKato
Farting Nudist
Member # 230

Member Rated:
posted 07-28-2000 09:52 AM      Profile for KeroKato   Author's Homepage   Email KeroKato   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That was a test team! It seemed like a normal team of yours. I mean, Goopy was there, and so was Diane and CreamPuff and Sasha. Besides the Beedrill, it seemed like a pretty standard team for you.

------------------
Reality's End, We've got stuff!
"The Great Circle of Crap is now complete!" -Drew from the Drew Carey Show
"I'll take care of it; I'm the captain." - William Shatner, not as Captain Kirk
"And then the bacon with wings flew right through that door!" - uh, it's better not to ask about this one

From: I dunno, somewhere | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.