next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » The Courtyard   » Karp Park   » quite a good rant

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: quite a good rant
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 11-11-2004 03:45 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
HELLO

I've received this a few times now, so I'm sure White Cat has seen it. His brain has probably gotten the auto-download from Jesusland, so I await his explanation for why it's all wrong.

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Anthrax
Ultimate Authoritative Power in the Universe
Member # 335

Member Rated:
posted 11-11-2004 06:02 PM      Profile for Anthrax   Author's Homepage   Email Anthrax   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Countries shouldn't really be allowed to exceed a certain size. Split the US into 2-3 different countries, let Quebec be their own country, disintegrate Iraq and give the Kurds their Kurdistan, etc.

Just make majority cultures their own countries.

- - - - -
She told The Associated Press she first realized her son was mentally ill in 1996 when he killed her oldest child, a 25-year-old woman who suffered from cerebral palsy, by beating her with a dumbbell.

From: Somebody put shit in my pants! | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 11-12-2004 10:08 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Funny. But I don't think he was TRYING to be funny. And that makes it even funnier.

The horsies link was my favorite. What can be more American than horsies?

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 11-13-2004 08:12 AM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Such anger.
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mentar the Malady Monkey
worst username ever
Member # 1182

Member Rated:
posted 11-13-2004 09:50 PM      Profile for Mentar the Malady Monkey   Email Mentar the Malady Monkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. K:
HELLO

I've received this a few times now, so I'm sure White Cat has seen it. His brain has probably gotten the auto-download from Jesusland, so I await his explanation for why it's all wrong.

A couple of things I noticed:
-The Founding Fathers were from blue states? What about the Virginia dynasty? And nevermind the fact that "blue" and "red" weren't defined back then in any way like they are now...
-The fact that the 2nd Amendment specifies "well-regulated militia" means that citizens can't own guns? Most Southern states define the militia to mean any able-bodied male citizen not excluded by law.

Other than that, pretty much spot on.

- - - - -
WHAT.

From: Pandemonium, HL, Hades | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 11-13-2004 10:56 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Y'know, even better than the horsies, you've got someone from an older state telling people in the newer states that they were here first. I won't go into too much detail on the silliness of that logic, but given how young our country is overall...

I keep seeing a five-year-old kid telling a four-and-a-half-year-old kid, "No, you're too little!"

(Never noticed before. Mentar joined RIGHT AFTER me.)

[ 11-13-2004, 10:58 PM: Message edited by: spunman ]

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 11-15-2004 11:33 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
James Carville somehow managed to make an excellent point the other day...

...subhumanoid Bible-thumping Republicans are all up in arms about the fags, but Jesus never mentions them. On the other hand, Jesus was always going on about helping the less fortunate and Republicans never want to do that.

It's a pretty smooth marketing move. Tap into people's uneasiness about fags and then turn that prejudice into a virtue by pretending Jesus would hate and fear fags too, and that hating and fearing fags makes you, not only a better Christian, but a better American.

They're out-brainwashing religions. Not bad.

J Man Cool
Farting Nudist
Member # 2099

Member Rated:
posted 11-15-2004 07:46 PM      Profile for J Man Cool   Email J Man Cool   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
that guy is just mad that we don't like the cock as much as he does.
poor bastard

- - - - -
bagels

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 11-15-2004 07:52 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mr. K: ...but Jesus never mentions them.

I was surprised at this, but on reading up a bit, you're right. The bible mentions homosexuality in a very negative light on a number of occasions, but Jesus himself does not. Was Jesus the shit, or what? He loved EVERYBODY!

Now, to you pseudo-Christians or wannabe-Christians, take this to heart. Jesus is THE ultimate example of how we should live our life! He may not have approved of homosexuality, but he accepted and loved the fags. Everyone find a fag to love TODAY!

Just don't give them the wrong idea and let them handle your junk.

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 11-15-2004 08:04 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"Jesus loves me when I'm bad,
Though it makes him very sad"

-Bible School Song
"Yes, Jesus Loves Me"

[Edit: fixed spelling error and punctuation that makes the meaning unclear]

[ 11-16-2004, 02:33 AM: Message edited by: White Cat ]

Animelee
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3720

Member Rated:
posted 11-15-2004 11:56 PM      Profile for Animelee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good thing gay people aren't necessarily bad, and Jesus doesn't exist...!

- - - - -
It's "Animation" + "Melee". No "anime" or "Lee".

From: Brampton, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 11-16-2004 03:03 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmm... that guy can't seem to decide who he hates. Is it the South, all the red states, or Republicans in general?

Anyway, the problem with the rant that I'd like to address is the idea that "red states take money from the blue states". Since I'm feeling lazy today, I'll just c&p something that was posted in another forum:
quote:
Red states are poor states where cost of living and hence salaries are lower. This leads to lower income tax receipts by the federal government, surprise, surprise; but the amount they pay out in medicare, social security, highway funding, etc. is NOT indexed to cost of living.

Other factors that drive up the "taker status": military bases, government laboratories, national lands, etc.

So bluntly there is a correlation between red and a negative tax flow, it is however almost entirely due to cost of living differences and federal services shared in common by the several states.

Aside from this the idea that "states" can be measured as givers or takers and whomever won the state by a scant 5% is BS. Take Michigan, Gore won here on the basis of the Detroit vote and some other key locations. Detroit is the money sinkhole of Michigan, yet the prosperous suburbs split and the moderately afluent rural areas were solid red. Bushing winning the suburbs and losing heavily in the inner cities can easily give him a loss in a giver state while carrying all the individual givers or give him a victory in the taker states while losing heavily among individual takers.

This leads to another popular BS statistic page floating around the interenet where the Bushies do the same exact thing, except at the county level and include a crapload of other statistics (some of which are completely invented from thin air while others do have the ring of truth). If you try hard enough you can correlate tax flow with allegiance to either political party, which simply proves the futility of such exercises.

- - - - -
"Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula?"
-- Barack Obama, campaigning in Iowa

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 11-16-2004 05:48 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
White Cat: Hmm... that guy can't seem to decide who he hates. Is it the South, all the red states, or Republicans in general?

Seems pretty apparent that it's all three...

Since I'm feeling lazy today, I'll just c&p something that was posted in another forum

Ah, is that the source of your programming then?

Red states are poor states where cost of living and hence salaries are lower.

Fine, but they're going to get the same benefits as blue state dwellers. They'll get the same welfare, social security, unemployment, etc. Federal minimum wage laws protect them as well.

Also it's cheaper to build stuff and employ people there, yet they're still getting more funds. Any way you slice it, they're getting the better deal.

Detroit is the money sinkhole of Michigan, yet the prosperous suburbs split and the moderately afluent rural areas were solid red.

The prosperous suburbs are where the people with good jobs who work in the city live. They visit the city during the day and clear out of down when the darkness makes the negroes harder to see.

Neither here nor there, really, but just pointing it out.

Anyway, since we're mostly just throwing other people's ideas around here, I'll add this to the mix...

[ 11-16-2004, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: Mr. K ]

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 11-16-2004 06:10 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
J Man Cool: that guy is just mad that we don't like the cock as much as he does.

If you were married to his wife, you'd probably prefer teh k0k as well.

Bulbasaur3000
Donkeylips
Member # 1801

Member Rated:
posted 11-16-2004 08:05 PM      Profile for Bulbasaur3000     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just pointing out to everybody:

Fuck the South doesn't have to make logical sense. It just feels good.

- - - - -
This signature sucks. Why is it here?

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 11-16-2004 08:16 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"We occupy that space between California and New York CALLED America"

- - - - -
even my mother thinks i'm an idiot

moogleman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1017

Member Rated:
posted 11-16-2004 08:22 PM      Profile for moogleman     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MK:
"We occupy that space between California and New York CALLED America"

Nono, we've been through this, that's called Jesusland.
From: Kamloops, BC, Canada | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 11-17-2004 12:05 AM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MK:
"We occupy that space between California and New York CALLED Ignorant"

Fixed.
From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 11-18-2004 05:06 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Since I'm feeling lazy today, I'll just c&p something that was posted in another forum

Ah, is that the source of your programming then?

If it was, most of my posts would be some variation of "Bush sucks!!"

- - - - -
"Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula?"
-- Barack Obama, campaigning in Iowa

jivera
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3738

Member Rated:
posted 11-23-2004 01:29 AM      Profile for jivera   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No one seemed to notice the problem in the site's reasoning that, um... I really doubt a significant percentage of the people that voted in 2004 actually participated in the Civil War, so trying to hold that against anyone's pretty flawed logic... would it make sense to point out the Salem Witch Trials were in MA so we can't trust John Kerry?

Also, what's with the "omfg founders were northeasterners, we're the true USians, so fuck off homoists"? Sure, the present-day North Eastern states were the first to be colonized, but that doesn't suddenly equate modern NE ideals with the founder's. I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone at any of the constitutional conventions that thought marriage should be extended to include relationships beyond a man and a woman.

- - - - -
Work hard! Welfare depends on you.

From: Richardson, TX | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pokegod
Farting Nudist
Member # 977

posted 11-23-2004 03:40 AM      Profile for Pokegod     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MK:
"Jesus loves me when I'm bad,
Though it makes him very sad"

In the end you fight baby Jesus

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

From: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bugcatcher Ed
Farting Nudist
Member # 3289

Member Rated:
posted 12-02-2004 03:28 PM      Profile for Bugcatcher Ed     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This just goes to show that there are hateful, anger-filled people of all political persuasions. The difference between Democrats and Republicans isn't the presence of such people. It probably isn't even how many of them there are in each party. The difference is that hate-filled people don't run the Democratic party. Democrats don't even have a hateful demagogue like Rush "No, I mean other illegal drug users should go to prison" Limbaugh to spew unofficial propaganda to the masses. Michael Moore, and all the others who get the right-wing up in arms are comparatively civil.
spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 12-09-2004 10:04 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The dems don't have a Rush, exactly. The dems have Frazier to watch. Rush isn't their style.

So, if Bush fought Kerry for real, who do you think would win? Kerry looks like he's been through a number of scrapes, if you ask me. (Probably from kids teasing him for being a pansy-assed Frazier fan.) Plus, Kerry doesn't have that pretty boy thing going, so I don't think he'd be such a wimp about taking a shot in the face, even if those big teeth would make it more obvious he were missing one later.

I'd also be willing to bet Bush is a better rider than Kerry, just from growing up on a ranch, but that won't help him in a fight. Kerry would kick his ass. I think. But if one of the voting machines broke, they'd have to have a rematch.

DoomMullet
Farting Nudist
Member # 3363

Member Rated:
posted 12-10-2004 02:54 AM      Profile for DoomMullet     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Depends on circumstances. If you had 5 shots of whiskey on both, I could guarantee a Bush victory. In his heyday, I'm pretty sure he had his share of drunken brawls.

"Wut you say about muh dad?"

- - - - -
What kind of a fuckass fuck of a bumfuck shithole town is this?

From: fondling your balls, don't you feel that? | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.