The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » The Courtyard   » Karp Park   » ITT bin Laden sounds more reasonable than Bush and Kerry

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ITT bin Laden sounds more reasonable than Bush and Kerry
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 10-30-2004 01:18 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
what
From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 10-30-2004 06:08 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"Your security is not in the hands of Kerry or Bush or al Qaeda. Your security is in your own hands. Any nation that does not attack us will not be attacked," bin Laden said in the video.

bullshit [Razz] they'll still rape and kill people, and be evil, etc...

- - - - -
even my mother thinks i'm an idiot

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 10-30-2004 06:34 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Who has al Qaeda raped, MK?
MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 10-30-2004 07:09 PM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. K:
Who has al Qaeda raped, MK?

His mom
From: Abyss of Evil | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 10-30-2004 09:47 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was coming in to make exactly this topic.
Charmeleon42
Date Rapist
Member # 1066

Member Rated:
posted 10-31-2004 02:39 AM      Profile for Charmeleon42   Author's Homepage   Email Charmeleon42   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Except that his way of dealing with the problems is destroying national landmarks and massacring a couple thousand innocent people who probably couldn't even point out Mecca on a map.
From: Mountain Dew Land | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 10-31-2004 05:04 AM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Charmeleon42:
Except that his way of dealing with the problems is destroying national landmarks and massacring a couple thousand innocent people who probably couldn't even point out Mecca on a map.

Your point being?
Wintermute
My custom title sucks.
Member # 5

Member Rated:
posted 10-31-2004 02:21 PM      Profile for Wintermute   Author's Homepage   Email Wintermute   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Except that his way of dealing with the problems is destroying national landmarks and massacring a couple thousand innocent people who probably couldn't even point out Iraq, Afghanistan, New Jersey, the Pacific Ocean, etc. on a map.

Fixed.

From: Winnipeg, Manitoba | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 10-31-2004 05:10 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nothing should amaze us any more.

Also I just waited in line for 3 hours to vote.

I am now tan, but unsatisfied.

Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 10-31-2004 05:46 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wintermute:
link

That was depressing. Of course everybody knew it was bad, but so bad that only a third of people could say where Britain was!? Come on!

Funny how the US was second lowest for Internet usage among young folx. Also interesting how bin Laden's Sweden consistently comes out on top in everything, including Internet.

- - - - -
[insert sig here]

Anthrax
Ultimate Authoritative Power in the Universe
Member # 335

Member Rated:
posted 10-31-2004 07:56 PM      Profile for Anthrax   Author's Homepage   Email Anthrax   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Nothing should amaze us any more.

Also I just waited in line for 3 hours to vote.

I am now tan, but unsatisfied.

i thought you couldn't vote

- - - - -
She told The Associated Press she first realized her son was mentally ill in 1996 when he killed her oldest child, a 25-year-old woman who suffered from cerebral palsy, by beating her with a dumbbell.

From: Somebody put shit in my pants! | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 11-01-2004 06:09 PM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lark84: http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99996596

Yahoo News:
The most common causes of death before the invasion of Iraq were heart attacks, strokes and other chronic diseases. However, after the invasion, violence was recorded as the primary cause of death and was mainly attributed to coalition forces — with about 95 percent of those deaths caused by bombs or fire from helicopter gunships.

100,000 deaths since the invasion works out to an average of 180 people killed every day by Coalition forces, 95% by helicopters (wtf). Are we really supposed to believe that helicopter gunships are killing over 170 civilians every day?

There's also a problem with the accuracy of people's answers. Let's say some terrorists detonate a car bomb than blows up a bunch of civilians. A nearby US helipcopter sees it and flys in to investigate. The people in the area see a big explosion, followed by an American helicopter flying by. Who do you think they'll blame for blowing stuff up?

Then there's the huge problems with their statistical analysis. It's incredibly naive to think you can count on honest answers when asking people who killed their relatives in a situation like Iraq, plus the false blame problem above. The proof is in the pudding: the study reported people killed by Coalition in areas where the Coalition isn't even operating!

Oh, and there's also the way they rushed the whole peer review process it order to get it out a few days before the US election.

Bogus.

[ 11-01-2004, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: White Cat ]

Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 11-01-2004 07:00 PM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I actually had the same thoughts when I first heard about the video.

I was like, "Looks like Bin Laden's got it right."

Osama Bin Laden for President.

Wintermute
My custom title sucks.
Member # 5

Member Rated:
posted 11-01-2004 11:02 PM      Profile for Wintermute   Author's Homepage   Email Wintermute   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
wc: "bombs or fire from helicopter gunships"

Are we really supposed to believe that helicopter gunships are killing over 170 civilians every day?

No, I think you're supposed to notice that a reasonable reading of the sentence is, "bombs, or fire from helicopter gunships."

There's also a problem with the accuracy of people's answers.

Huh. One would almost think you read the article.

"The scientists who wrote the report concede that the data they based their projections on were of "limited precision," because the quality of the information depends on the accuracy of the household interviews used for the study. The interviewers were Iraqi, most of them doctors."

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 11-01-2004 11:52 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"couldn't even point out Iraq, Afghanistan, New Jersey, the Pacific Ocean, etc. on a map."

Is it just my program or does .pdf files not 'do' apostrophes? Also, there was some questionable grammar in the portion I read.
~Uiru

[ 11-01-2004, 11:52 PM: Message edited by: Uiru ]

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Wintermute
My custom title sucks.
Member # 5

Member Rated:
posted 11-01-2004 11:58 PM      Profile for Wintermute   Author's Homepage   Email Wintermute   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You hafta go to some actual ay-rabs to get the real gems.

"This means the oppressing and embargoing to death of millions as Bush Sr. did in Iraq in the greatest mass slaughter of children mankind has ever known, and it means the throwing of millions of pounds of bombs and explosives at millions of children – also in Iraq – as Bush Jr. Did, in order to remove an old agent and replace him with a new puppet to assist in the pilfering of Iraq's oil and other outrages."

Dude that's harsh okay.

"All that we have mentioned has made it easy for us to provoke and bait this administration. All that we have to do is to send two Mujahideen to the furthest point East to raise a piece of cloth on which is written al-Qaida, in order to make the generals race there to cause America to suffer human, economic, and political losses without their achieving for it anything of note other than some benefits for their private companies."

Ha ha, good one binny! But you have to admit, it was important to prevent Saddam from selling you WMDs.

"And it's no secret to you that the thinkers and perceptive ones from among the Americans warned Bush before the war and told him, "All that you want for securing America and removing the weapons of mass destruction – assuming they exist – is available to you, and the nations of the world are with you in the inspections, and it is in the interest of America that it not be thrust into an unjustified war with an unknown outcome."

Oh.

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 11-02-2004 12:26 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm fed up with the world... We'd be so much better off if 90% of the world's population was dead...
Jaybee
Farting Nudist
Member # 1781

posted 11-02-2004 02:47 AM      Profile for Jaybee   Email Jaybee   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MK:
I'm fed up with the world... We'd be so much better off if 90% of the world's population was dead...

You would be the first person I would nominate for such a culling. I don't come here much (and post very rarely), but everything I have ever seen you post has infuriated me to the point of wanting to throw my computer out of my fucking window.

Fuck. [Mad]

Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 11-02-2004 03:16 AM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MK: I'm fed up with the world... We'd be so much better off if 90% of the world's population was dead...

I think that was, kind of, the way Hitler reasoned.

White Cat: I'm not posting that to say "These numbers are totally accurate!", I'm posting it to show that a lot of civilians are dying in Iraq, and quite possibly, more than previously thought.

Rolken: I guess it's because we have no army.

[edit: UBB code]

[ 11-02-2004, 03:16 AM: Message edited by: Lark84 ]

Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 11-02-2004 03:29 AM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MK:

You know, it'd be easier to not be judgmental of your ridiculously asinine opinions if you weren't so judgmental of everybody else. Fine upstanding Christian YOU are.

also lol @ lark.

- - - - -
[insert sig here]

Zerot
I pay schoolgirls to verbally abuse me.
Member # 1295

Member Rated:
posted 11-02-2004 06:07 AM      Profile for Zerot   Author's Homepage   Email Zerot   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MK:

How very... republican... of you.
From: Lizton, Indiana | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Windex
I am the greatest human being ever. It is impossible to insult me.
Member # 9

Member Rated:
posted 11-02-2004 10:17 AM      Profile for Windex   Email Windex   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think that was, kind of, the way Hitler reasoned.

Zeig heil?

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 11-02-2004 12:36 PM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No, I think you're supposed to notice that a reasonable reading of the sentence is, "bombs, or fire from helicopter gunships."

If so, that still makes for a ridiculously high figure.

Huh. One would almost think you read the article.

"The scientists who wrote the report concede that the data they based their projections on were of "limited precision," because the quality of the information depends on the accuracy of the household interviews used for the study. The interviewers were Iraqi, most of them doctors."

Great, so the authors knew their story was bogus, but rushed it into print anyway.

Edit: Just saw this:
We estimate that 98 000 more deaths than expected (8000–194 000) happened after the invasion outside of Falluja and far more if the outlier Falluja cluster is included.

Wow. Their range of predicted deaths was 8,000 to 194,000, so they simply split the difference. Just... wow.

[ 11-02-2004, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: White Cat ]

- - - - -
"Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula?"
-- Barack Obama, campaigning in Iowa

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 11-02-2004 04:35 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Anthrax: i thought you couldn't vote

ya i kilt taht wite guy butt i didnt get cought

Also the reason we didn't get the full Osama speech right away was because Al Jazeera didn't release the whole thing originally. So, we can't totally blame the Western media for that.

Also I went over to the polling place today and there was almost no line, so I have learnt my lesson. No early voting for me next time.

It's probably because there were only 20 or so early voting locations open in the county, but today all the many zillions of local places are open.

Also 2 million Floridians voted early. Only 100 million people total voted in the 2000 election. That's kind of interesting.

Also I think White Cat's brain has been infected with a virus, because his computing power seems to have dropped to nil.

Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 11-02-2004 06:24 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Also 2 million Floridians voted early. Only 100 million people total voted in the 2000 election. That's kind of interesting.

According to CNN, 46% of New Mexican registered voters voted early/absentee. About as many as usually vote in the entire election there. Absolutely insane numbers.

- - - - -
[insert sig here]

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.