The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » The Courtyard   » Karp Park   » Sirius -- satellite radio

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sirius -- satellite radio
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 04-30-2004 05:31 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
fucking love it. no commercials on 60 streams. $13.00 a month. For a guy who hates TV, this is heaven! The best part is that the song you are listening to as well as the artist is displayed in real time so that is pretty cool. Also their play lists on each of the stations are a lot bigger than conventional stations where you just hear the same shit again and again. Also I like how I can move my JVC tuner from place to place and stuff. Also no commercials. I fucking hate radio commercials. unlike TV commercials I always find myself accidentally/subconsciously listening to them for the past 5 minutes. no fucking longer!

thank you satellite radio now let us finally destroy television .

MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 04-30-2004 07:23 PM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You cant stop The Rock
From: Abyss of Evil | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 05-03-2004 10:31 AM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
http://www.nomadworld.com/

- - - - -
[insert sig here]

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 05-13-2004 10:27 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've been listening to this LA radio station lately, since all the radio stations in Miami suck so hard.

I realized that what's missing in this town is that no one understands (or is willing to admit) that it sucks.

LA sucks, everyone there knows it, and it's kind of understood as a funny thing. There's a little eye-rolling solidarity going on. We don't have that at all.

Obviously both places are better than living in the vast wasteland of red states in this country, but it's nice to have a sense of humor about where you live. A little irony goes a long way.

I wish they'd just stop pretending Miami is a real city and get over it...

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 05-14-2004 02:26 AM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Which Station M r K ?

- - - - -
Hade ni ikuze!

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 05-14-2004 03:44 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Indie 103.

It's where I heard that song by The Sounds, but they also play almost all my favorite bands, like the Ramones, Beasties, Pixies, etc.

I like that they play all that ancient stuff (plus the Sex Pistols) but also new stuff. I've only been listening for a little while and it seems like if you listen to long, their playlist is a little too slim, but I like that they're willing to play some of the more obscure krap.

I don't think I've ever heard the Pixies on the air down here...except for maybe when I used to do a show on the local college station, but that doesn't really count.

Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 05-14-2004 01:22 PM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
Thomas
Farting Nudist
Member # 3371

Member Rated:
posted 05-14-2004 10:25 PM      Profile for Thomas     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. K:
Praise for the only radio station that should be on at any given time.

I love you so much.

[ 05-14-2004, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: Thomas ]

MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 05-14-2004 10:51 PM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The ONLY bad thing I can say about indy 103 is that its actually a corporate station
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 05-15-2004 02:27 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I dunno where they get off calling themselves "Indie"...

...but if the same assholes who took Stern away from me and keep Rush on the air want to play Frank Black at me, that's OK with me.

At least we're encouraging them to suck a little less...

Thomas
Farting Nudist
Member # 3371

Member Rated:
posted 05-15-2004 12:18 PM      Profile for Thomas     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think it's because some [most certainly not all] of the bands the bands they play are from the indie movement and/or have no recording label or a minor one.
Jolteon X
I put my finger up Dweedle's butt and then in my mouth
Member # 284

Member Rated:
posted 05-16-2004 12:15 AM      Profile for Jolteon X   Email Jolteon X   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
the only label they have now is with bush's ameriKKKa, please recognize this and cease listening

- - - - -
w
h
a
t
s
u
p

From: Heck: The hell of minor sins | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 05-18-2004 07:02 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OK, this weekend, they played the Beasties' "Rhymin' and Stealin'", followed immediately by the Ramones' "Pet Sematary".

I wish I could feed that station directly into DDR and play those songs instead of all the crappy regular songs.

Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 05-23-2004 04:03 PM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
are there any good metal/industrial stations? Cuz when I see Indie I think Indiestrial.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.