The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » The Courtyard   » Karp Park   » Mr. K if you vote for Nader I am going to ban you

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mr. K if you vote for Nader I am going to ban you
Anthrax
Ultimate Authoritative Power in the Universe
Member # 335

Member Rated:
posted 02-23-2004 12:12 AM      Profile for Anthrax   Author's Homepage   Email Anthrax   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We can't be having you with messing up Florida again.

- - - - -
She told The Associated Press she first realized her son was mentally ill in 1996 when he killed her oldest child, a 25-year-old woman who suffered from cerebral palsy, by beating her with a dumbbell.

From: Somebody put shit in my pants! | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
gruco
I am Ian Garvey's lovechild.
Member # 1645

Member Rated:
posted 02-23-2004 12:27 AM      Profile for gruco        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
His site actually raises a few good points about how he didn't necessarily ruin anything last time around.

I'm rather ambivalent on his bid. On the one hand, I think that while there was a good reason to have protest candidate in 2000, and far less of one now. The deocratic and liberal bases are very motivated, moving, and united, and there are much more notable issue differences. Furthermore, I always question why the Naders and Perots of the world (people I have tremendous respect for) always challenge the two party system at the highest level. It just seems much more practical to campaign at some kind of senate or state level and generate some kind of power base that way.

On the other hand, looking over the issues he brings up, I agree with most (although not really all). Kerry and Bush are already putting rants Vietnam service over serious policy discussion. Having someone who stick to the issues, particularly the ones that seem to be ignored, is definitely nice to keep everyone honest. And there is no denying that a 3rd party campaign can have serious impacts on policy initiatives. Debs and Perot both made that clear. Hell, it might even work out helping the Democrats - it's harder to label the nominee a crazy, out of touch liberal when Nader is hitting him from the left.

So right now, my thoughts are let him run, and hope he gets a lot of attention. And then next fall drop out and hand over support.

Now whether or not that will actually happen....

ceoalex316
Time for the flaming leprosy party
Member # 338

posted 02-23-2004 01:28 AM      Profile for ceoalex316     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If he gets 5% then he has to be sponsored as a major party candidate. So I might vote for him.

New York will go democrat anyway.

Though K is up in florida... so it is up to him.

Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 02-23-2004 03:55 AM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If he gets 5% then he has to be sponsored as a major party candidate. So I might vote for him.

Ooh, goody! Maybe if we can get enough people to waste their votes on him, he'll get a share in everybody's money too! Then he'd definitely have a chance of winning; just look at the Reform Party!

[ 02-23-2004, 03:56 AM: Message edited by: Rolken ]

MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 02-23-2004 03:59 AM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
plz vote democrat so i can have a chance of getting a real job

- - - - -
Hade ni ikuze!

From: Abyss of Evil | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Psybro
Half Psyduck. Half Slowbro. All cop.
Member # 290

Member Rated:
posted 02-23-2004 01:09 PM      Profile for Psybro   Email Psybro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I fucking hope Nader does this and hands as many elections to the Republicans for as long as it takes until the Democrats start adopting electoral reform as an issue to make him stop.

[ 02-23-2004, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: Psybro ]

From: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ikuse
Farting Nudist
Member # 3037

Member Rated:
posted 02-23-2004 01:14 PM      Profile for Ikuse   Author's Homepage   Email Ikuse   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
what the fuck is he doing just like trying to upset the vote now?
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 02-23-2004 01:51 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Everything that guy has done has been idealistic. Sometimes he succeeds (and generally saves lives by making a public mockery out of some shit-tastic business like GM), and sometimes he fails.

I don't agree with a whole chunk of Nader's politics. I believe he would erode freedoms that we don't think about, I believe he would expand the government in ways that would not be sustainable (even if he has them looking good for his term in office, the next jackass in there would just jerk things up even worse- do you want the inevitable drunk behind the wheel to have a Caddy or a Corrolla?), and he takes a utilitarian path to conclusions that should (in my opinion) be gotten to with principle- meaning that freedom in Nader's world is contingent on freedom being efficient and safe.

But he's a good man, and really wants to make the world better. You can tell yourself that your guy does if he's a Democrat or Republican, but both of those main parties take payoffs and compromise constantly- Nader is a man of iron in the land of pussies, a high priest among the heathens.

Even my dad, who votes Republican always always always and is ok with a "we don't like fags" amendment to the constitution respects Nader.

I think the people that don't just assume that, hey, they don't agree with him, so he must just be another fuckwit politician.

At least this time his party isn't trying to like ban cars or something. Crazy druids.

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 02-23-2004 11:21 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like Nader as a person, but energy and the environment are my issues, so I'm waiting to see what the Green Party is up to.

Nader and the Greens agree on just about everything policy-wise, but not priority-wise. That stuff is way down on the bottom of Nader's list.

The good thing about Nader (and third party dudes in general) is that they force the other candidates to deal with issues that they don't wanna talk about.

Seriously, if the Dems had a fucking brain in their skulls, they'd just co-op the entire Green vote and shut Nader et al. up by just repeating the most popular aspects of the Green platform, which no real Democrats disagree with anyway, and even most moderate Republicans agree.

The "Nader problem" is ridiculously easy to solve. The Dems just have to act like Dems instead of pansy-ass middle-humping demi-Republicans.

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.