The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » The Courtyard   » Karp Park   » Packed with stupidity, Internet really satisfies...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Packed with stupidity, Internet really satisfies...
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 02-17-2004 06:59 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20040216-083056-9570r.htm

Reading this anti-gay thing was like facing a wall of punches. My mind still reeling from each unrelated diatribe, the next illogical statement was awaiting to pummel me with 1+1=3.

I doubt any of you conservatives are really gonna try and defend this piece, because you can pretty safely have conservative opinions (and even oppose gay marriage) without utterly abandoning reason even eight words as these guys do.

Ok, just a taste:

Biology cannot be altered by wishful thinking or court decrees.

Wow. Cause I'm sure *that's* really what this is about.

Early in the article, they speak as if we are trying to legislate men to be pregnant or something- a thing that science might actually accomplish, though I'm sure these yokels would try to make it illegal just because it might make people they don't like happy or something.

This is just a wonderful example of sizzling 16 oz Stupid served rare.

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 02-17-2004 07:23 PM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
pb and j 8 31: spam any and all cfalcon threads as a general rule of thumb

- - - - -
Hade ni ikuze!

From: Abyss of Evil | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 02-17-2004 07:30 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In response to cfalcon's post -- yes it is a poor argument. But it is obviously a poor argument, so who cares? Confuscious say "There is too little time in this life to waste breath worrying over Mr. Stupids opinions."
ceoalex316
Time for the flaming leprosy party
Member # 338

posted 02-17-2004 08:19 PM      Profile for ceoalex316     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Indeed.
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 02-18-2004 12:44 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It was just straight off of a Yahoo! page, and I wasn't expecting stupid to be packed so densely. I was kind of wondering if any of the conservative types here (MK, Char42, etc.) would read that package of bullshit and confirm that it isn't just my libertarian mind reading that as horseshit. It's like this guy just brought up all the worst non-arguements against gay marriage and put them on the website. Fuck, I bet if you pkzipped that shit, it would stay the same size, because it's stupid density is as high as it'll go.

- - - - -
Subject: Ninja and Opensource

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 02-18-2004 12:45 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Also, I think Sama is still on topic.
Charmeleon42
Date Rapist
Member # 1066

Member Rated:
posted 02-18-2004 01:59 AM      Profile for Charmeleon42   Author's Homepage   Email Charmeleon42   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree that it is horseshit, although I haven't read it.

My views enjoy doing the right thing (which just so happen to be conservative a lot), and the right thing in relation to gay marriage, IMO, is to let them be and exist. I think that saying "marriage should be between a man and a woman" is not a completely dismissable reason - so I would like to see it called by some other name. Just open up the Public Code of Marriage Laws in Word, copy-paste the whole thing into a new document, and change every instance of the word "marriage" into "civil union" or something.

So yeah. I didn't read it, but I know what it probably says - what I don't agree with.

From: Mountain Dew Land | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 02-18-2004 02:43 AM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, considering that the Washington Times is one of the most insanely conservative large-circulation newspapers on the face of the planet, it's not overly surprising... I wouldn't ever go into one of their articles looking for a straight view (suppose that wasn't the best choice of words).
From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Psybro
Half Psyduck. Half Slowbro. All cop.
Member # 290

Member Rated:
posted 02-18-2004 05:03 PM      Profile for Psybro   Email Psybro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually, the Supreme Court hasn't yet made that declaration, but if homosexuals have a constitutional right to marry, then men, by parity of reason, must have a constitutional right to bear children; all it takes to rewrite the laws of nature, according to some, is a court order or legislative action.

Do men not have a legal right to bear children?

[ 02-18-2004, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: Psybro ]

From: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 02-18-2004 05:16 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yea, that one got me too. I mean, if some scientists makes it possible, is there some LAW gonna stop them? Why? It's not like the constitution says that shit falls down, and it's not like somebody took the Wright brothers to court...

Just a really, really stupid article.

TnA
Farting Nudist
Member # 3220

posted 02-18-2004 06:14 PM      Profile for TnA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Charmeleon42:
I agree that it is horseshit, although I haven't read it.

- - - - -
"I honestly didn't know there were black people in England, aside from that guy in S Club 7."
-- Totoro

Land und Leute
HETEROSEXUAL
Member # 1040

Member Rated:
posted 02-18-2004 06:24 PM      Profile for Land und Leute   Email Land und Leute   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
http://www.streamlinemotorsports.com/videos/bb_gun_ownage.wmv

- - - - -
theclaw: I can't rate myself!!

Whiner
Member # 1465

Member Rated:
posted 02-18-2004 08:56 PM      Profile for 137   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hahaha
From: Space. Like, outer space. | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Fenix
I live in a public bathroom.
Member # 2371

Member Rated:
posted 02-19-2004 10:26 PM      Profile for Fenix   Author's Homepage   Email Fenix   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
FRANCIS:
Why are you always on about women, Stan?

STAN:
I want to be one.

REG:
What?

STAN:
I want to be a woman. From now on, I want you all to call me 'Loretta'.

REG:
What?!

LORETTA:
It's my right as a man.

JUDITH:
Well, why do you want to be Loretta, Stan?

LORETTA:
I want to have babies.

REG:
You want to have babies?!

LORETTA:
It's every man's right to have babies if he wants them.

REG:
But... you can't have babies.

LORETTA:
Don't you oppress me.

REG:
I'm not oppressing you, Stan. You haven't got a womb! Where's the foetus going to gestate?! You going to keep it in a box?!

LORETTA:
[crying]

JUDITH:
Here! I-- I've got an idea. Suppose you agree that he can't actually have babies, not having a womb, which is nobody's fault, not even the Romans', but that he can have the right to have babies.

FRANCIS:
Good idea, Judith. We shall fight the oppressors for your right to have babies, brother. Sister. Sorry.

REG:
What's the point?

FRANCIS:
What?

REG:
What's the point of fighting for his right to have babies when he can't have babies?!

FRANCIS:
It is symbolic of our struggle against oppression.

REG:
Symbolic of his struggle against reality.

- - - - -
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery

From: The Homeworld, Aiur | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 02-20-2004 07:41 AM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
SUICIDE SQUAD, ATTACK!
From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
FlameBait
Farting Nudist
Member # 235

Member Rated:
posted 02-22-2004 11:42 PM      Profile for FlameBait   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

- - - - -
"The preceding post may have contained profanity, obscenity, racial slurs, and/or evidence of spamming. By reading this statement, you devoid the right to warn/ban the user based on the above post."

From: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 02-23-2004 12:12 AM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
aw man, i want some snickers

- - - - -
Hade ni ikuze!

From: Abyss of Evil | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Atma
Farting Nudist
Member # 689

Member Rated:
posted 02-23-2004 12:35 AM      Profile for Atma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Take the news with a grain of salt. And if it bothers you, calm down with hentai.

Or go to urbandictionary and laugh at stupidity.

- - - - -
"My name is Atma...
I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.
Forgotten in the river of time...
I've had an eternity to ponder the meaning of things...
And now I have an answer..."

From: Cinnabar Isle, Long Island, NY | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.