The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » The Courtyard   » Karp Park   » ITT Slade_64 bitches about censorship.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ITT Slade_64 bitches about censorship.
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 02-15-2004 04:08 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Angered at an irrelevant comment in the religion thread being deleted by me, a cross Slade 64 posts:

Originally posted by cfalcon:
You walked in and said "Hey, faith doesn't rely on proof."

Thank you. Also the sky is blue.

I don't kill off the opposing viewpoint because that's relevant to the discussion, and it wouldn't be a discussion in that case, just one guy bellowing. Hell, I didn't even disagree with your point (in fact, I've actually posted that, in the relevant discussion): it was just utterly misplaced.

No it wasn't; I just didn't want to waste making another topic about how sick and tired I am about arguments that are obviously not going anywhere. There's too many of those already.

quote:
I'm not the only person who insulted you here

But the other posts all had something to fucking DO WITH THE TOPIC.

Your point? Is there a rule somewhere here that says that in the place where you can post absolute shit, you really can't cause cfalcon says so? This is utter BS and you know it. I don't have to be on topic if I want to; hell the whole thread isn't already. Or are you going to delete these last 5 posts so that it "seems" like nothing happened? Go ahead for all I care; apparantly conversations are under your terms only anyway.

[ 02-15-2004, 04:10 AM: Message edited by: cfalcon ]

- - - - -
Subject: Ninja and Opensource

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Slade_64
chipmunk pr0n author
Member # 804

Member Rated:
posted 02-15-2004 04:12 AM      Profile for Slade_64   Email Slade_64   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This really didn't deserve it's own topic but hell, since you like "discussing" so much why the fuck not.

Hey, maybe this is going to be like deja vu and I'll be temp banned again just because I managed to irratate another mod; yay!!!

- - - - -
Bucket.

From: Funky Town Texas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 02-15-2004 04:16 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What do you think is more appropriate:

<on topic post>
<on topic post>
HEY COULD YOU GUYS STOP POSTING ON TOPIC?

or...

<threadname>
<I hate threadname>

More importantly, why do you think that the topic isn't going anywhere? We're discussing something resolvable- we aren't trying to solve religion or anycrap. Getting pissed off that we are having correctly labelled discussion in a discussion forum isn't grounds for anything, except maybe not posting anything.

This is utter BS and you know it.

A mod keeping a thread on topic? God forbid.

I won't pretend that I wouldn't have probably ignored your thread if it was just a short little off topic guy, but the whole thing was irrelevant, and then you insulted me. WTF? What did I do to piss you off, get people to discuss something?

Next thing you'll be doing is ranting that your hard drive contains data or something, or that your car drives down the road. A message board technology is for this stuff.

conversations are under your terms only anyway.

Why don't you just search for my posts (member #19) and see if conversations are under my terms?

Slade_64
chipmunk pr0n author
Member # 804

Member Rated:
posted 02-15-2004 04:32 AM      Profile for Slade_64   Email Slade_64   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
What do you think is more appropriate:

<on topic post>
<on topic post>
HEY COULD YOU GUYS STOP POSTING ON TOPIC?

or...

<threadname>
<I hate threadname>

More importantly, why do you think that the topic isn't going anywhere? We're discussing something resolvable- we aren't trying to solve religion or anycrap.

I'm not the only one who posted off topic...

quote:
Getting pissed off that we are having correctly labelled discussion in a discussion forum isn't grounds for anything, except maybe not posting anything.

...which is what I'm pissed at; not the topic itself. Cause you know, "I'm Ric James Bitch" apparantly was more on topic than what I posted.

quote:
This is utter BS and you know it.

A mod keeping a thread on topic? God forbid.

I won't pretend that I wouldn't have probably ignored your thread if it was just a short little off topic guy, but the whole thing was irrelevant, and then you insulted me.

Show me how I was more insulting than this and I will digress:

quote:
Originally posted by Wintermute:
The arguement the atheist has is that, because he believes in said diety or force ZERO percent of the time, he is somehow the one special and true and unique set of religious beliefs,

You're a complete, blistering, astonishing fucking idiot. Why don't you just squat over your keyboard the next time you have explosive diarrhea, it would be about as worthwhile. Thanks for saving me the trouble of working through the rest of your post, though, which I had really intended to do. In the last thread I was essentially trolling and typing as fast as I could think, and you still got absolutely nowhere. This time I was looking forward to forcing you to commit suicide by showing you the hyperspace implosion that is your empty fucking skull.

INSERT COIN

quote:
What did I do to piss you off, get people to discuss something?

Nothing till you deleted my post. Granted next time I try to act pissed I'll use a Koffing icon but still...moot now.

- - - - -
Bucket.

Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 02-15-2004 04:35 AM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Slade_64:
This really didn't deserve it's own topic but hell, since you like "discussing" so much why the fuck not.

Hey, maybe this is going to be like deja vu and I'll be temp banned again just because I managed to irratate another mod; yay!!!

impetuous fag

edit after he posted again: with little grasp of logic

yeah so I'm just flinging poo, carry on

[ 02-15-2004, 04:37 AM: Message edited by: Rolken ]

- - - - -
[insert sig here]

Slade_64
chipmunk pr0n author
Member # 804

Member Rated:
posted 02-15-2004 04:40 AM      Profile for Slade_64   Email Slade_64   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rolken:
impetuous fag

edit after he posted again: with little grasp of logic

yeah so I'm just flinging poo, carry on

Heh; I actually had to look that up...

No I guess I deserve that. I was pissed at the moment; it's just that situations like these fustrate me when I have to defend my posts of stupidity that have been taken too personally.

Edit: Can "impetuous fag" be my new title?

[ 02-15-2004, 04:42 AM: Message edited by: Slade_64 ]

- - - - -
Bucket.

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 02-15-2004 04:47 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well:

1- I actually triggered Wintermute's rant there, to some extent deliberately (the "as faith approaches zero" part was kinda meant to get on his and K's nerves and tacked on right before I hit post, the rest was meant in earnest)
2- I know that Wintermute is using his words as hyperbole to make the point that he disagrees with me. He and K don't actually think any of that shit, they are just trying to get my goat and make the point that they strongly disagree with me. I've actually asked them to cut that shit back, as it gives the wrong impression to everyone- once K starts up with something, it appears that he is rubber stamping it.

But the big one is simple: Wintermute was posting about the topic and insulting me because I was on the opposite side of the fence, and because he finds making good insults amusing (I grinned at the explosive diarrhea one). Your post had nothing to do with the topic and insulted me for no reason, other than that I apparently had started a topic that was getting responses. Presumably your comment at me was because two other mods had opened up at me, and three other mods had posted contrary opinions- not because of anything legit.

"I'm Rick James Bitch" was funny, short, hamless and offtopic. Yours was none of those except offtopic.

Does that about cover it?

Slade_64
chipmunk pr0n author
Member # 804

Member Rated:
posted 02-15-2004 04:50 AM      Profile for Slade_64   Email Slade_64   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Does that about cover it?

Yeah, pretty much.

Just one thing; what exactly about what I said was insulting. I think I have an idea, but just so that I don't do it again. Was it the name change?

- - - - -
Bucket.

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 02-15-2004 04:51 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
...Actually, the picture you posted was kinda funny.
Slade_64
chipmunk pr0n author
Member # 804

Member Rated:
posted 02-15-2004 04:53 AM      Profile for Slade_64   Email Slade_64   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ah, the pic. Ok I won't do it again. Sorry for my dry sense of humor then. I know not many people like it...

[ 02-15-2004, 04:53 AM: Message edited by: Slade_64 ]

- - - - -
Bucket.

Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 02-15-2004 04:54 AM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OMG NO CFLAKKIN DELETED ME POST ON THAT TOPIC TOOO!

it was along the lines of "obviously this thread is now about how censorship is evil. kthxgogogo"

HOW DARE THAT MOD MAKE SURE HIS MONKEY-FLINGING COMPETITION COULDN'T BE DERAILED!

- - - - -
My brain went on vacation and left my pancreas in charge

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 02-15-2004 04:55 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Uh...

Er...

I don't remember exactly what it was that you posted. It wasn't like you calling me an asshole fucker fagwit or anything, but I remember calling it up, looking at it, and saying "yea, this should go".

I wouldn't worry about it. I think everyone does the name change now, thanks to K, so that couldn't have been it.

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 02-15-2004 04:56 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No, the picture was ok!

I just hit reply when I remembered the picture, because I had claimed that your post was not funny, and, in fact, the picture's placement was. I didn't hit refresh to notice that you had posted again in the thread, so I thought I was just adding a thought.

Slade_64
chipmunk pr0n author
Member # 804

Member Rated:
posted 02-15-2004 04:57 AM      Profile for Slade_64   Email Slade_64   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ummm...ok...I'll try...not to do...whatever I did...I guess it was just mostly my rude interuption of the flow of conversation that was directed towards you then huh?

Eh; we coo mang?

- - - - -
Bucket.

BigCheese
Farting Nudist
Member # 1479

Member Rated:
posted 02-15-2004 02:54 PM      Profile for BigCheese   Email BigCheese   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Right now I am cooking... potatos!

- - - - -
I have a nice butt!

From: The land of milk and honey...and cheese | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
SpaceDog
I AM A DUMB PERSON GNUUUUUUHHHH
Member # 35

Member Rated:
posted 02-16-2004 05:26 AM      Profile for SpaceDog     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

BigCheese
Farting Nudist
Member # 1479

Member Rated:
posted 02-16-2004 03:19 PM      Profile for BigCheese   Email BigCheese   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was even going to say "Cook 'em mash 'em stick 'em in a stew" but that works better! I am happy. [PBJ Time!] [PBJ Time!] [PBJ Time!] [PBJ Time!]

- - - - -
I have a nice butt!

From: The land of milk and honey...and cheese | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dweedle
My hands and feet are mangos
Member # 1209

Member Rated:
posted 02-16-2004 05:09 PM      Profile for Dweedle   Email Dweedle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SpaceDog:

we have ourselves a winner folks!

- - - - -
the only way to get pass this will be to commit suicune

From: second of all, Quagmire's not really a bad guy! | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.