The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » The Courtyard   » Karp Park   » "Currently enjoying" thread

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "Currently enjoying" thread
gruco
I am Ian Garvey's lovechild.
Member # 1645

Member Rated:
posted 01-22-2004 10:46 PM      Profile for gruco        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Books, games, TV, music, movies, whatever. Ideally just one or two for each subject you want to comment on. A specific and moderately described recommendation is a lot easier to take in than a bland and unnecessarily long list. In theory.

Books - Issac Asimov's Book of Facts

Heh, got this one as a gift several years ago, just had it laying around, and finally picked it up. Really diverse topics, from history to all branches of science to math and politics. Just a bunch of tidbits, some really fascinating, some mildly interesting. Really easy to read, and pretty fun.

Movies - American History X

Finally got around to seeing this one, after years of raving from friends. I think I had heard too much about an overhyped violent scene and not enough about the underlying subject matter. I rank this up with Shawshank as one of my favorites ever. Really powerful.

Music - Blur - Coffee and TV

I feel bad about missing out on Blur back when they were more popular. I haven't heard that much from them, but between this, Song 2 and This is a Low, I'm going to have to look into them a lot more.

Thomas
Farting Nudist
Member # 3371

Member Rated:
posted 01-22-2004 11:42 PM      Profile for Thomas     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Catch-22,

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

and

Bjork respectively.

The trifecta of cool.

sunburnt_aphid
most boring gimmick ever
Member # 3546

Member Rated:
posted 01-22-2004 11:42 PM      Profile for sunburnt_aphid     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like this topic. Gruco gets a 5 for the effort.

Book: I can't read [Frown]
Movie: Labyrinth- Omg, the Goblin King has a sock in his pants.
Music: Rammstein I guess. I named my mouse after them.

- - - - -
I like Jessie from Team Rocket <3

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 01-23-2004 12:11 AM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Book: Blah, textbooks are all I have time for...

Movie: I just picked up Daredevil for $4 off half.com, so I'll be enjoying that this weekend. As for stuff I've already seen, I saw the new Peter Pan movie (thanks to some female acquaintances), and it was actually quite good...

Music: Postal Service, The Shins, and In Flames seem to be getting a lot of play lately... got some Beach Boys playing right now.

Games: Replaying through Dink Smalwood right now, also playing lots of NCAA Football...

Tele: I have a rather unfortunate affinity for American Idol, so that's soaking up most of my tv time. And of course NFL postseason, and early college BB.

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Windex
I am the greatest human being ever. It is impossible to insult me.
Member # 9

Member Rated:
posted 01-23-2004 12:26 AM      Profile for Windex   Email Windex   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Random Loser:
Movie: I just picked up Daredevil for $4 off half.com, so I'll not be enjoying that this weekend.

fixed
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 01-23-2004 01:21 AM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Games: Beatmania IIDX, Dance Dance Revolution

Because all my friends are nerds who are impressed by this sort of thing. DDR is also the only game I have time for anymore.

Girls: Holly

This is why I have no time for my poor, neglected PS2 anymore. And I don't even care. [Big Grin] If my DDR parties weren't such a hit with my friends, I might not use it at all. I've owned FFX-2 for almost a month now and I've played it once. For an hour. And I don't mind. ^_^;
~Uiru

[ 01-23-2004, 01:21 AM: Message edited by: Uiru ]

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 01-23-2004 01:45 AM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Book: Looking to find a copy of the Fight Club book, no luck otherwise

Movies: Finding Nemo. 'nuff said.

Music: Mainly spinning Ozma - Shooting Stars and a metric assload of Weird Al.

*employs the Char42 smiley for no apparent reason*

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
ceoalex316
Time for the flaming leprosy party
Member # 338

posted 01-23-2004 01:58 AM      Profile for ceoalex316     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Book: Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut

I finally got around to borrowing this book from the library. I was going to read it ever since my "you recommend a book" topic. Since so many people recommended it.

Movie: I just saw Heat and Last Samurai.

Last Samurai was surprisingly enjoyable. so was Heat, but that wasn't a surprise. Pacino and Deniro together do not disappoint.

Music: Three days of grace "I hate every thing about you" and switch foot "Meant to live."

TV: That show with the guy in the solid gold house (Trump.) American Idol, and Real Time with Bill Mahr.

I promised I would not watch Idol but the auditions are so funny. The people are more stubborn than char and myself combined. Even I know I can't sing. Though it was painfully proven to me when I was kicked out of music talent on my first day in class [Frown] .

- - - - -
Maximum Penetration Industries.

Rei the Giant Koffing
Farting Nudist
Member # 1909

Member Rated:
posted 01-23-2004 02:22 AM      Profile for Rei the Giant Koffing   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Books: Textbooks, I can't take anymore. [Mad]

Movies: RoTK. 'twas good, but long.

Music: What is music? [Embarrassed]

-Rei

- - - - -
LightningFlik and Fephisto's crappy Webcomics:
http://www.angelfire.com/ex/pert1/dekla.html

From: Americas b0rked penis | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 01-23-2004 09:34 AM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Book: Burning Chrome by William Gibson.

Bought it back in August and finally started reading it. It's really good, it's 10 cyber-punkish short stories. Perfect for the bus ride to school.

Television show: The lost world, a BBC 3-part production after the book by sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Quality dinosaur CGI, I hope, but there were almost no dinos in the first episode...

Music: The Commodore 64 remixes by Instant Remedy.

Boodabonzi
like a virgin
Member # 2958

Member Rated:
posted 01-23-2004 10:03 AM      Profile for Boodabonzi   Email Boodabonzi   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
GAMES - Madden 2k4
BOOKS - Angela's Ashes; Life of Pi
GIRLS - Shananayananaynayna
GUYSE - Dweedle

- - - - -
OK, I know I'm probably not the nicest Pokemon Trainer when it comes to giving advice, and if I get flamed on this, it is probably well deserved. So here goes...

From: Hitchin - biggest little shanty town in all of England | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 01-23-2004 10:44 AM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Windex:
fixed

For just $4 I'll at the very least be enjoying Jennifer Garner and some mindless ass-kicking...
From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
dAyWaLkEr
Farting Nudist
Member # 3343

Member Rated:
posted 01-23-2004 04:12 PM      Profile for dAyWaLkEr     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Book: John Irving's "Life According to Garp"
Music: Cake, Pink Floyd, Bee Gees [Big Grin]
Movie: LXG, Trigun series, Cold Mountain

Also Uiru, mebbe you haven't played far enough into FFX2 yet, but there are some pretty nice scenes in there worth playing for. And dress-spheres, namely the Thief and Ladyluck ones.

- - - - -
absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence

moogleman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1017

Member Rated:
posted 01-23-2004 09:45 PM      Profile for moogleman     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Books: Just started Rose Madder by Stephen King. Seems pretty cool. Also plan on reading the copy of Neuromancer I got for Christmas.

Movie: Recently bought Spaceballs on DVD. Kind of let down by lack of extra features, but c'mon, it's Spaceballs.

Music: At the moment...Every Time I Die, but I also like Strung Out and the new Joe Strummer album. Good shit right there.

From: Kamloops, BC, Canada | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 01-24-2004 05:42 AM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Music Rilo Kiley, The Postal Service, Gorillaz, Counting crows

Food Subway

Movie The HULK

Videogame Top Spin

Books Programming Perl -_-

Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 01-24-2004 06:37 AM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Books - Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card

Okay, so, think of a book that you would say to everyone else "You just *have* to get this book and read it it's sooo fucking awesome!"..yeah, well, this is my one of those. Just get it and read it, well, after reading Ender's Game since that's also very good, and this is kinda it's sequel but stands alone as well.

Movies - Wag the Dog

I don't know why, but I've seen this movie like, 5 times, and each time it's seemed cooler than the last time i saw it. I don't know how it's possible for a movie to do that, as not even the Matrix has.

Music - Cage9

Don't just take my word for it, hit up Cage9.com and grab some of it and listen yourself. Most awesome.

Games - Savage

New Patch? 72 megs! And after blowing out my 56gay, it managed to make the game soo much better since they somehow reduced it's bandwidth needed by 80%...and added so much new shit they called it Savage 2.0 ...

TV - Sheep in the Big City

It's General Specific and Private Public! Also Sheep. Well, especially Sheep.

Food - Oporto

Mmmm....Portequese style Chicken burgers. Oddly enough, they jumped the ditch to NZ from Australia.

Seasons - Summer

Yay for the Southern Hemisphere.

- - - - -
My brain went on vacation and left my pancreas in charge

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sniper404
Farting Nudist
Member # 2562

Member Rated:
posted 01-24-2004 09:10 AM      Profile for Sniper404   Email Sniper404   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Music Muse, David Bowie, Radiohead

Games Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Beyond Good and Evil, Call of Duty

Movie Butterfly Effect

Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 01-24-2004 11:50 AM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Book None currently, but I really want to read The DaVinci Code, but I'm too cheap to buy it and its hard to get at my library.

Music Recently bought CDs: The Rapture "Echoes" and The Flaming Lips "The Soft Bulliten"; otherwise other Flaming Lips songs and Radiohead.

Game Still in the middle of Prince of Persia. Halo is still played every weekend with my friends.

Movie None. Butterfly Effect looks interesting. Lord of the Rings was the last one I've watched.

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 01-24-2004 12:35 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tghost: Wag the Dog

I suggest checking this out, then.

The movie is allegedly based on this book, although, other than the Big Idea, as far as I can tell, everything else is different.

Great book, though.

Really makes you think.

MK's kryptonite.

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
D-Teclis
Farting Nudist
Member # 974

Member Rated:
posted 01-24-2004 03:22 PM      Profile for D-Teclis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Book: none, 'til I get my guide of the vampire hunter.

Music: Finntroll, Rammstein, St Seiya .

Game: Morrowind.

*brah*

- - - - -
Hearing about brats getting their butt's kicked is always satisfying.~~Pokegod

Charmeleon42
Date Rapist
Member # 1066

Member Rated:
posted 01-24-2004 03:25 PM      Profile for Charmeleon42   Author's Homepage   Email Charmeleon42   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Music: I sometimes find myself singing/humming/drumming to myself Sonata Arctica songs...

Games: I reactivated ikuse's/my Anarchy Online account, so I've been playing that... that and Uru, since it's a Myst game, and Myst games are up there with the best.

Books: I'm going to go buy The Enemy Within by Michael Savage sometime soon... I'll be into that one [Big Grin]

From: Mountain Dew Land | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ikuse
Farting Nudist
Member # 3037

Member Rated:
posted 01-24-2004 04:33 PM      Profile for Ikuse   Author's Homepage   Email Ikuse   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Books: I really don't have time to read anymore.

Movies: Last movie I saw? Underworld. It was really pretty shitty.

Music: I've been listening to a lot of different stuff, but now I've settled down to Opeth, Sonata Arctica, the ECC, and Neutral Milk Hotel. I'm also going to see Opeth on the 31st.

Games: Counterstrike, Stepmania, Dr. Mario, Tekken 4, Guilty Gear XX, and I've been hankering to play Quake 2 but I can't find anywhere to download it. Ever.

Girls: Daphny(No, not the one from Scooby Doo).

Slade_64
chipmunk pr0n author
Member # 804

Member Rated:
posted 01-25-2004 01:49 PM      Profile for Slade_64   Email Slade_64   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Game: POGS

Music: THE DARKNESS

*edit: how could I forget music?*

[ 01-26-2004, 02:01 AM: Message edited by: Slade_64 ]

- - - - -
Bucket.

From: Funky Town Texas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
BigCheese
Farting Nudist
Member # 1479

Member Rated:
posted 01-25-2004 02:13 PM      Profile for BigCheese   Email BigCheese   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Book-Fight Club

Loved the movie, so now I'm reading the book. Very random writing, he tells like 3 different parts of a story at the same time. Very confusing, but good.

Movie-American Beauty

Great movie! Very amazingly good! Can't really say much more of it.

Music-Mudvayne and Lacuna Coil

I never really liked Mudvayne until just recently, now I'm really REALLY getting into them. Much better lyrics than many bands out there. Plus the crazy time signatures they use (Trapped in the Wake of a Dream). Lacuna Coil is also great, but I'm not getting into them as much as Mudvayne.

- - - - -
I have a nice butt!

From: The land of milk and honey...and cheese | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
TeLeFonE
X-treme rotary telephone
Member # 2293

Member Rated:
posted 01-26-2004 02:48 PM      Profile for TeLeFonE   Email TeLeFonE   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Slade_64:
Music: THE DARKNESS

Indeed.

- - - - -
fuck this username is gay

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 01-26-2004 03:38 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by D-Teclis:
*brah*

?
From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.