next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » The Courtyard   » Karp Park   » Post pics please

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Post pics please
veloS
8=D~~O:
Member # 2636

Member Rated:
posted 10-02-2003 09:53 AM      Profile for veloS     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nintendo iQue player

Nintendo has released a N64 technology based console in China entitled the 'iQue player'. The consoles RRP is 498 yuan, or ~$60 US. This is great news. The console makers have targetted developed countries for too long, and until now, the lesser developed countries have been left out. Nintendo are the first console manufacturer to sell a video-game console in China. The only console market in China before this was the illegal market. The console will use a flash card, and games will be downloaded onto the flash card via the Internet or retailers for 49 yuan each. Bloomberg is reporting that "for the new console, Nintendo will sell Chinese-language versions of software originally designed for the company's older- generation game players such as Nintendo64, an older-generation game player that was succeeded by Nintendo's GameCube player. Nintendo will initially introduce about 10 titles for the Chinese player, including one featuring Mario, probably a mario 64 port . "

The console ships next month in Shanghai, Guanzhou and Chengdu before expanding to the rest of the country.

This is, of course, old news. But I still haven't seen pics. Your mission, should you accept it, is to find some nice, clear pictures of this "iQue", and post them in this thread.

This thread won't selfdestruct in 5 seconds, unless you really want it to.

EDIT: also, www.ique.com

[ 10-02-2003, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: veloS ]

- - - - -
www.mightyrhapsody.com

Coxy
Hulkamania has run wild over me.
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
posted 10-02-2003 10:16 AM      Profile for Coxy   Email Coxy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There was a pic of the controller in the SA Forums' topic , if anyone has Platinum.

- - - - -
I love nintendolover, but only in a strictly platonic sense.

Manuel Calavera
Sock Lover
Member # 1202

Member Rated:
posted 10-03-2003 05:52 PM      Profile for Manuel Calavera     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It looks like a bastardised Dreamcast pad.

- - - - -
Gates is the Saddam Hussein of the consumer technology world. ~ Mr.K

From: Newcastle, Home of Geordies, Brown Ale and The Wildhearts | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Coxy
Hulkamania has run wild over me.
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
posted 10-04-2003 09:18 AM      Profile for Coxy   Email Coxy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Nintendorks posted a pick so you can see for yourself.

And the controller is the entire console.

http://www.nintendorks.com

- - - - -
I love nintendolover, but only in a strictly platonic sense.

Barrierd
I have a colony of shrimp living in my bladder
Member # 3132

Member Rated:
posted 10-04-2003 11:36 AM      Profile for Barrierd   Email Barrierd   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The controller is quite sucky, but the fact that it hooks directly into the TV is a big plus and a good idea. Maybe they'll make a few buck on it.

- - - - -
Where are my bitches

From: Victoria, B.C., Canada | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
veloS
8=D~~O:
Member # 2636

Member Rated:
posted 10-06-2003 10:07 AM      Profile for veloS     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I REALLY like the DC controller. Almost as much as I dislike the XBox controller. Hmmmm... Should I import this thing?

- - - - -
www.mightyrhapsody.com

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.