The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » The Courtyard   » Karp Park   » Ask a teacher a question... (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Ask a teacher a question...
powercat
Farting Nudist
Member # 1103

Member Rated:
posted 08-30-2003 02:17 AM      Profile for powercat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spunman:
powercat: Am I responsible for ruining Azure Heights with this thread?

i've got almost a year on you, and saturday morning cartoons with a spunman-sized basin of highly weetened cereal is still the highlight of my week. way i see it, if god wanted me to grow up, he would've given me girls.

Hehe... I love Saturday morning cartoons. I also really dig the Adult Swim stuff on weeknights on Cartoon Network and the Saturday night stuff, too.

- - - - -
http://xbox360s.freepay.com/?r=24531001

Artie Cuno
Linkin125473457539
Member # 1205

Member Rated:
posted 08-30-2003 11:59 AM      Profile for Artie Cuno     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by powercat:
Hehe... I love Saturday morning cartoons. I also really dig the Adult Swim stuff on weeknights on Cartoon Network and the Saturday night stuff, too.

Amen, brother.

- - - - -
Piss off not the kittens, lest they claw your balls off.

From: A box in a swamp. With your sister. | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Muffin King
Farting Nudist
Member # 2240

Member Rated:
posted 08-30-2003 04:30 PM      Profile for The Muffin King   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What type of car do you drive?

If you could go back in time, would you stil become a teacher?

Where do you see yourself in 5/10/15/20 years?

powercat
Farting Nudist
Member # 1103

Member Rated:
posted 08-30-2003 06:53 PM      Profile for powercat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Muffin King:
What type of car do you drive?

If you could go back in time, would you stil become a teacher?

Where do you see yourself in 5/10/15/20 years?

1. I drive a Toyota pickup.
2. Yeah, I think I would be a teacher. I wanted to be a teacher because of the schedule. Having summers off is the coolest thing in the world.
3. I'll probably still be teaching at the same school... More than likely, I'll be teaching the kids of my current students.

I have an interesting story about a Club Carwash I had to supervise this morning, but I'm about to do my Fantasy Football draft. I'll try to post the story here later tonight.

- - - - -

powercat
Farting Nudist
Member # 1103

Member Rated:
posted 09-02-2003 01:13 PM      Profile for powercat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OK, so here's the story I promised. I am the advisor for one of the many clubs on campus. This weekend, we decided to have a carwash to raise funds for our club. Most of the people who came to our carwash gave between $5 and $10 to wash their cars, vans, trucks, etc. Then, this dude shows up in a big rig and asks if we can wash it for him. I'm inclined to tell the kids no, but our club president decides that she thinks it would be fun. So, the kids spend like 30 minutes working on this guy's big rig. Meanwhile, he's walking around with a camera taking pictures of the girls as they wash his car. It seems a bit freaky to me, but the kids are eating it up and posing for the guy's pictures. Finally, after 10 kids spent the better part of 30 minutes on the guy's big rig, he decides to donate a measly $5 to our club fund. What a lame-ass, cheapskate!

- - - - -

undone-backwards
Farting Nudist
Member # 197

Member Rated:
posted 09-02-2003 01:28 PM      Profile for undone-backwards   Email undone-backwards   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
...so did you like my dad?
From: under your bed... | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Blue Seed
Farting Nudist
Member # 3471

Member Rated:
posted 09-02-2003 02:53 PM      Profile for Blue Seed        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Have you ever had a teacher's aid?

Please hire me. [Frown]

- - - - -
Give drugs to children.

powercat
Farting Nudist
Member # 1103

Member Rated:
posted 09-02-2003 05:17 PM      Profile for powercat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Seed:
Have you ever had a teacher's aid?

Please hire me. [Frown]

Sorry, I already have 3 TAs this year!

- - - - -

Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 09-02-2003 07:10 PM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How pissed off do you get when you learn a student plagiarized an essay?
From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mere Scrub
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3426

Member Rated:
posted 09-02-2003 08:40 PM      Profile for Mere Scrub     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Two quick questions

quote:
Originally posted by Cesar:

Do you actually check whether or not the essay is plagarised, or can you just tell?

Secondly, do you ever play any of the popular card games like Magic or Yugi?

From: a town on the West Side | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Artie Cuno
Linkin125473457539
Member # 1205

Member Rated:
posted 09-02-2003 08:51 PM      Profile for Artie Cuno     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That gave me SUCH a WRONG mental image. Play....Yugi.... XD (In case you were wondering, the image was a guy in a pimp suit bitchslapping the little guy with spiky hair from the anime XD)

Anyway, have you ever accused a student of cheating, only to later discover that you were wrong?

- - - - -
Piss off not the kittens, lest they claw your balls off.

From: A box in a swamp. With your sister. | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
powercat
Farting Nudist
Member # 1103

Member Rated:
posted 09-02-2003 11:35 PM      Profile for powercat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mere Scrub:
Two quick questions

quote:

Do you actually check whether or not the essay is plagarised, or can you just tell?

Secondly, do you ever play any of the popular card games like Magic or Yugi?

I can spot plagarized papers quite well. Last year, I busted 12 students on final projects and gave them zeroes. It lowered their quarter grades by one full letter grade. I check online with surprising accuracy.

I don't play any card games, but I do enjoy a good strategy RPG.

- - - - -

powercat
Farting Nudist
Member # 1103

Member Rated:
posted 09-02-2003 11:38 PM      Profile for powercat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Artie Cuno:
Anyway, have you ever accused a student of cheating, only to later discover that you were wrong?

Nope. I only make an accusation if I'm 100% sure I'm correct. I actually let some kids slide last year because I wasn't able to find proof of cheating.

- - - - -

powercat
Farting Nudist
Member # 1103

Member Rated:
posted 09-02-2003 11:41 PM      Profile for powercat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

I don't take it personally. I do, however, fail any paper that has been copied. I usually check papers by using Google or Turn It In .

- - - - -

Dweedle
My hands and feet are mangos
Member # 1209

Member Rated:
posted 09-03-2003 12:36 AM      Profile for Dweedle   Email Dweedle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
can I take one of your hot lady students out on a date

- - - - -
the only way to get pass this will be to commit suicune

From: second of all, Quagmire's not really a bad guy! | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
powercat
Farting Nudist
Member # 1103

Member Rated:
posted 09-03-2003 12:57 PM      Profile for powercat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dweedle:
can I take one of your hot lady students out on a date

That would be up to them, I suppose. If you're gonna be in Northern California soon I could put in a good word for you.

- - - - -

Dweedle
Member # 1209

Member Rated:
posted 09-03-2003 04:54 PM      Profile for Dweedle   Email Dweedle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You could also try to convince them to go to NYU. I will put them through my personal orientation program.

- - - - -

From: second of all, Quagmire's not really a bad guy! | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Boodabonzi
like a virgin
Member # 2958

Member Rated:
posted 09-04-2003 03:49 PM      Profile for Boodabonzi   Email Boodabonzi   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
lol does that involve you sexing them up?

- - - - -
OK, I know I'm probably not the nicest Pokemon Trainer when it comes to giving advice, and if I get flamed on this, it is probably well deserved. So here goes...

From: Hitchin - biggest little shanty town in all of England | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dweedle
Member # 1209

Member Rated:
posted 09-04-2003 04:48 PM      Profile for Dweedle   Email Dweedle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
no what gave you that idea

ctrl6

- - - - -

ceoalex316
Time for the flaming leprosy party
Member # 338

posted 09-04-2003 08:14 PM      Profile for ceoalex316     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You ever suspend or expel a student? For what?

Is the procedure to expel a student annoying, because some teachers in my school avoided suspending kids because they claimed it would take up too much of their time.

I’m surprised no one asked what teachers talk about in the teachers lounge, I thought that question was some sort of cliche. Though anyone who has a job would know the answer to that question, its not so hard.

- - - - -
Maximum Penetration Industries.

powercat
Farting Nudist
Member # 1103

Member Rated:
posted 09-04-2003 11:37 PM      Profile for powercat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ceoalex316:
You ever suspend or expel a student? For what?

Is the procedure to expel a student annoying, because some teachers in my school avoided suspending kids because they claimed it would take up too much of their time.

I’m surprised no one asked what teachers talk about in the teachers lounge, I thought that question was some sort of cliche. Though anyone who has a job would know the answer to that question, its not so hard.

I've suspended a few kids. In my school district, a teacher can suspend a kid for 2 days for any reason they want. The school will back the teacher up 100% on the issue. It's kind of nice to know that I have that power if I need it. Generally, I only use suspension as a last resort. To expel a kid is a different story completely. It takes a hearing before the school board and a ton of paperwork and stuff like that. It can be a real pain in the ass.

- - - - -

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 09-07-2003 01:29 AM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dweedle: can I take one of your hot lady students out on a date
powercat: That would be up to them, I suppose. If you're gonna be in Northern California soon I could put in a good word for you.

"i'm very flattered, but i'm afraid i'll have to decline, marie. there are several avenues open for you to earn some extra credit, and i could never take advantage of my position like that. but if you're free this saturday, a ner- i mean, a GUY i hardly know from a pokémon forum on the internet is going to be in town..."

Sonuis
Sonius
Member # 1508

Member Rated:
posted 09-07-2003 11:00 PM      Profile for Sonuis   Email Sonuis   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
1. Do you grade hard?

2. Do you believe Wyoming exists?

3. Is parking terrible at your school?

4. Is your school overcrowded

5. Do you think two lunch periods is acceptable?

[ 09-07-2003, 11:01 PM: Message edited by: Sonuis ]

powercat
Farting Nudist
Member # 1103

Member Rated:
posted 09-07-2003 11:41 PM      Profile for powercat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sonuis:
1. Do you grade hard?

2. Do you believe Wyoming exists?

3. Is parking terrible at your school?

4. Is your school overcrowded

5. Do you think two lunch periods is acceptable?

1. I don't grade that hard. My class is easy to pass if you attend every day and complete all of your assignments.

2. Isn't Wyoming somewhere between Narnia and Never-never Land?

3. Parking is OK. I usually see empty parking spots in the parking lot throughout the day.

4. Personally, I don't really care for the two lunch period thing. My school uses two lunch periods, and I don't like trying to teach while kids are walking around outside making noise and stuff like that. Plus, it encourages kids to cut and take two lunches.

- - - - -

Sonuis
Sonius
Member # 1508

Member Rated:
posted 09-08-2003 12:25 AM      Profile for Sonuis   Email Sonuis   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

More like a collapsed star if you ask me. At least there's stuff in Narnia and Never-Never Land.

Also, do you eat from the cafeteria or bring your own lunch?

[ 09-08-2003, 12:26 AM: Message edited by: Sonuis ]

Jenova
Farting Nudist
Member # 727

Member Rated:
posted 09-08-2003 10:31 PM      Profile for Jenova   Author's Homepage   Email Jenova   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Plus, it encourages kids to cut and take two lunches.

Those fat bastards.
powercat
Farting Nudist
Member # 1103

Member Rated:
posted 09-09-2003 11:49 PM      Profile for powercat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sonuis:
quote:

More like a collapsed star if you ask me. At least there's stuff in Narnia and Never-Never Land.

Also, do you eat from the cafeteria or bring your own lunch?

I eat in the teacher's cafeteria. I'm too lazy to make a lunch every day, so I pay for the crappy school food.

- - - - -

powercat
Farting Nudist
Member # 1103

Member Rated:
posted 08-06-2004 01:27 PM      Profile for powercat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Shameless bumping of an old topic! Yay, me!

- - - - -

Anthrax
Ultimate Authoritative Power in the Universe
Member # 335

Member Rated:
posted 08-06-2004 03:00 PM      Profile for Anthrax   Author's Homepage   Email Anthrax   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
why won't you leave those kids alone

- - - - -
She told The Associated Press she first realized her son was mentally ill in 1996 when he killed her oldest child, a 25-year-old woman who suffered from cerebral palsy, by beating her with a dumbbell.

From: Somebody put shit in my pants! | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 08-07-2004 12:56 AM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
1. Will you teach my next year college course?
2-3. have been deleted for both our sanity.
4. Essays: Quality or quantity?
5. Can you detect bullshit answers? Are there any students that are really good at it, or is it all bad?

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
powercat
Farting Nudist
Member # 1103

Member Rated:
posted 08-10-2004 01:06 PM      Profile for powercat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
1. Will you teach my next year college course?
2-3. have been deleted for both our sanity.
4. Essays: Quality or quantity?
5. Can you detect bullshit answers? Are there any students that are really good at it, or is it all bad?

1. I wish. That would involve going back to college for my masters, and I'm too frickin lazy for that.
4. Quality
5. Yes, no, and all bad.

- - - - -

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 08-11-2004 01:33 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
But if there are students who are good at BS answers, then you wouldn't be able to tell, and therefore wouldn't detect them...
powercat
Farting Nudist
Member # 1103

Member Rated:
posted 08-11-2004 12:42 PM      Profile for powercat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by White Cat:
But if there are students who are good at BS answers, then you wouldn't be able to tell, and therefore wouldn't detect them...

Vizzini: I can't compete with you physically, and you're no match for my brains.
Westley: You're that smart?
Vizzini: Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?
Westley: Yes.
Vizzini: Morons.

- - - - -

Anonymous 2003
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3658

Rate Member
posted 08-14-2004 03:39 PM      Profile for Anonymous 2003   Author's Homepage   Email Anonymous 2003   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
about the two lunch thing...

my school has FOUR!

haha I win.

but anyway, are you teaching anyone now that you knew when you were in school? Like the little brother of the dude who sat next to you in Math, or something like that.

- - - - -
Meowth: So what's our plan for capturing Pikachu today?
Jessie: Well, we run ahead of them,
James: And we dig a big hole!!
~Actual quote from some episode

powercat
Farting Nudist
Member # 1103

Member Rated:
posted 08-20-2004 01:45 PM      Profile for powercat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous 2003:
but anyway, are you teaching anyone now that you knew when you were in school? Like the little brother of the dude who sat next to you in Math, or something like that.

Actually, I've got the little sister of a girl who was in my high school class. Her little sister looks just like the girl from my year.

- - - - -

undone-backwards
Farting Nudist
Member # 197

Member Rated:
posted 05-01-2012 05:53 AM      Profile for undone-backwards   Email undone-backwards   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Are you still teaching?
From: under your bed... | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
powercat
Farting Nudist
Member # 1103

Member Rated:
posted 01-18-2015 01:25 PM      Profile for powercat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, I am!

- - - - -

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.