The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » The Courtyard   » Karp Park   » Yet more serious topics

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Yet more serious topics
Zem
Farting Nudist
Member # 3467

Member Rated:
posted 08-16-2003 03:25 AM      Profile for Zem     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In honor of the "Argue with an idiot and see how it just keeps going" thread, I've decided to launch into a discussion of all my deeply held beliefs. It's already been proven people enjoy arguing with a fucking wall, so this may be fun.

Topic 1: The Founding Fathers were all gay. At no point did they refer to "women".. it's always "men, men, men". They just couldn't get men off their dirty, gay minds. Some people claim they were simply using "man" and "mankind" to apply to both genders simply because in English "it" doesn't work. That's crap. They were gay. The first Continental Congress was one huge, gay orgy.

Topic 2: Carbon monoxide is good the environment. We've been producing CO in mass since the industrial revolution, and the world hasn't ended yet. All we're doing is ensuring there won't be another ice age, we're not heating anything up. Plants like CO, it's helps them perform photosynthesis. The huge amounts of CO that our species has created is the greatest thing we could have ever done for the wildlife on the planet.

Topic 3: Mathematics has no value. It is a useless thing to study, and no one ever uses it. Beyond the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, nothing else useful can be obtained from math. If I want my car to go faster, I push the thingy on the right. There's no math involved. I don't have to integrate a damned thing. Partial differential equations are for morons who want to waste their time, not for me.

Topic 4: Lucky Charms are the perfect food. Eating nothing but Lucky Charms will keep you in great shape. I know this is true because I like eating Lucky Charms.

Now, you should all discuss. What will happen is you may disagree, and post why. I will then call you an idiot, and post the exact same thing I did before. In a desire to get the last word in when you at last know you are finally right about something, you will again disagree. I will again call you an idiot, and give no real reason except what I've already said. I figure at this rate, with 4 topics to choose from, this thread should have around 400 posts this week.

- - - - -
Evil: Statistics, Microsoft, and Telemarketers.

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 08-16-2003 03:29 AM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
tl;dr
From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Whiner
Member # 1465

Member Rated:
posted 08-16-2003 03:31 AM      Profile for 137   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Zem, that's what Karp Park is all about.
Exception: This and Conan is where I get my news.

From: Space. Like, outer space. | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 08-16-2003 03:32 AM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lucky Charms are the perfect food.

posting in agreement

Ikuse
Farting Nudist
Member # 3037

Member Rated:
posted 08-16-2003 03:47 AM      Profile for Ikuse   Author's Homepage   Email Ikuse   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
shut up all of you
Mewtwo Master
Farting Nudist
Member # 2257

Member Rated:
posted 08-16-2003 03:53 AM      Profile for Mewtwo Master     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I disagree with point 1. (That's just my guess.)
I'm not sure about point 2.
I strongly agree with point 3.
Lucky Charms are tasty, reguardless of how healthful they are.

- - - - -
Guys in the army should wear a helmets and codpieces, to protect both heads.

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 08-16-2003 04:09 AM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I suddenly want some Cinnimon Toast Crunch. *goes for some*
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
IceHawk78
NOBODY IMPORTANT
Member # 1699

Member Rated:
posted 08-16-2003 10:09 AM      Profile for IceHawk78   Author's Homepage   Email IceHawk78   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
1) You're gay. But I don't know, nor do I care, about your founding poppas.

2) You're still gay. However, I thought that CO2 was what helped them there plants with photoshoppynthesis. However, I'd be much happier if our species created a huge amount of Ag instead. Because it's prettier.

3) Mathematics pwns ur n00b ass. Just 'cause you're gay doesn't mean that anything you suck at is useless. For example, just because you suck at guys' dicks doesn't mean they're useless. If they were, they wouldn't be there. The same goes for mathematics. Also I am good at math.

4) Yuo should really be eating fruit loops to go along with my current topic of "zem is gay because he was the person of whose topic I posted in". However, since you didn't, I'm just gonna call you gay and end it.

Also, existence is fluid. I probably exist a bit more than some of you do, some of you probably exist more than I do, and my desk may very well be more existant than your shoe.

dAyWaLkEr
Farting Nudist
Member # 3343

Member Rated:
posted 08-16-2003 11:19 AM      Profile for dAyWaLkEr     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
posted in disagreement to everything.

please think of reasons for me; a simple analysis of common sense should prove satisfactory.

- - - - -
absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence

Dweedle
My hands and feet are mangos
Member # 1209

Member Rated:
posted 08-16-2003 01:19 PM      Profile for Dweedle   Email Dweedle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
posting in a serious thread

- - - - -
the only way to get pass this will be to commit suicune

From: second of all, Quagmire's not really a bad guy! | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Zem
Farting Nudist
Member # 3467

Member Rated:
posted 08-16-2003 01:39 PM      Profile for Zem     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can't be gay, I'm not a founding father! It just doesn't make any sense, as I've already said!

CO2 is what plants breathe... and CO is very similar to CO2... so what's the problem? It's close enough.

Who said I suck at math? U suK@math, d00d! Being good at something doesn't make it useful.

Fruit loops are for lesbians! ur sooo gay. I can't believe you even brought up fruit loops... I mean, it's in the name, d00d! It's all about the Lucky Charms, which are nutritious AND delicious.

- - - - -

Twinkle
I'm feeling fat and sassy~!
Member # 1690

Member Rated:
posted 08-16-2003 09:09 PM      Profile for Twinkle        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I recommend that you breathe some O3. O2 is what normal humans breathe, and lack of O2 causes brain damage. O3 has 50% more O than O2 does, so it must be even better for your brain, right? I bet that if you breathed O3 and convinced all your friends to do it too, then you could substantially increase the world's average IQ.

[ 08-16-2003, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: Twinkle ]

- - - - -
Hich loch faauto noxlattoyen.

AnnieKat
Suicidal Failure
Member # 3202

Member Rated:
posted 08-16-2003 09:44 PM      Profile for AnnieKat   Author's Homepage   Email AnnieKat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHA

Shut up.

- - - - -
aתּņĩềκẢ†~ nθW |’m @ r33| ķıťŧŷ

Anthrax, will you marry me?

From: Anthrax's Love Nest | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 08-16-2003 10:42 PM      Profile for Jman     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Math is life.

Motherfuckers.

Dweedle
My hands and feet are mangos
Member # 1209

Member Rated:
posted 08-16-2003 11:25 PM      Profile for Dweedle   Email Dweedle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hey you must be from Pittsburgh

- - - - -
the only way to get pass this will be to commit suicune

From: second of all, Quagmire's not really a bad guy! | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 08-17-2003 09:48 AM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I recommend that you breathe some O3. O2 is what normal humans breathe, and lack of O2 causes brain damage. O3 has 50% more O than O2 does, so it must be even better for your brain, right? I bet that if you breathed O3 and convinced all your friends to do it too, then you could substantially increase the world's average IQ.
Yummy ozone. It's not only good for you, it's good for the atmosphere!
From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Zem
Farting Nudist
Member # 3467

Member Rated:
posted 08-17-2003 01:56 PM      Profile for Zem     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
O3 is way too expensive. I've taken to breathing NOS, though. It's similar to gas makeup of the atmosphere, but it's got a much higher oxygen to nitrogen ratio. At my altitude, it fully compensates the partial pressure of oxygen. I feel so much better.

There was the screw up I had where I forgot to let it reach room temperature after depressurizing it... boy, I sure was cold then!

Math is life? Hmm... well, yes, I'll give you that, but only because life is also meaningless.

Pittsburg? What an amazing place... an entire city that manages to be a hole in the wall.

New statistic: Old men will live longer than young men.

- - - - -

abz1986
Farting Nudist
Member # 150

Member Rated:
posted 08-18-2003 12:54 PM      Profile for abz1986   Author's Homepage   Email abz1986   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
monkey

- - - - -
I am reborn

From: Overland Park, KS, USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Blue Seed
Farting Nudist
Member # 3471

Member Rated:
posted 08-18-2003 12:57 PM      Profile for Blue Seed        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think I'd take more from this if y'all were just typing out random obscenities.

But, then it would become every other topic on this board. Go figure.

Don't knock on math, it's sechsee....

- - - - -
Give drugs to children.

Slade_64
chipmunk pr0n author
Member # 804

Member Rated:
posted 08-18-2003 01:03 PM      Profile for Slade_64   Email Slade_64   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We are probably making too much Carbon monoxide. I think we need more plants to balance things out. California is already doomed tho....

If we switch from gas cars to *insert alternative fuel vehicle here*, would we then not be producing enough Carbon monoxide for plants?

- - - - -
Bucket.

From: Funky Town Texas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Zem
Farting Nudist
Member # 3467

Member Rated:
posted 08-18-2003 02:04 PM      Profile for Zem     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Alternative fuels for transportation are a lot more tricky than you'd think. Gasoline has an enormous energy density, and not much aside from other hydrocarbons come even close. Hydrogen has an incredible energy based on mass, but by volume it's pathetic. Besides, you have to produce hydrogen from something, and we typically use a hydrocarbon fuel to do that.

We can increase efficiency quite a bit, but what can be done in a lab is not what consumers expect now. ICEs have had a long time to develop to where they are now, and things like fuel cells are fairly new, and so all the quirks haven't been worked out, like being able to start in -20 deg F environments. And, of course, there's the whole fuel infrastructure... we may buy a high efficiency fuel, but if it runs off of a methanol/water mix, we're going to be really pissed off when we find out it costs more than 87 octane.

Alternative fuels for stationary power, put dinosaurs in my car. At least until some alternative fuels can realistically compete.

And always breathe NOS.

- - - - -

Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 08-18-2003 03:40 PM      Profile for Jman     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey, Pittsburgh is not just a hole in the wall! ITS A HOLE IN THE WALL WITH TWO SEVERAL HUNDRED MILLION DOLLAR SPORTS STADIUMS, BITCH!

Also Simon was traded, but teh memory of his actions will remain in my heart forever!

Sonuis
Sonius
Member # 1508

Member Rated:
posted 08-18-2003 03:53 PM      Profile for Sonuis   Email Sonuis   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jman:
Hey, Pittsburgh is not just a hole in the wall! ITS A HOLE IN THE WALL WITH TWO SEVERAL HUNDRED MILLION DOLLAR SPORTS STADIUMS, BITCH!

Also Simon was traded, but teh memory of his actions will remain in my heart forever!

Petco Park
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-18-2003 04:10 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Topic 3: Mathematics has no value. It is a useless thing to study, and no one ever uses it. Beyond the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, nothing else useful can be obtained from math. If I want my car to go faster, I push the thingy on the right. There's no math involved. I don't have to integrate a damned thing. Partial differential equations are for morons who want to waste their time, not for me.

I would agree with you in the fact that in YOUR normal life math isn't important to making stuff happen for you, however, if you took away all advanced math, you would not have any computers or video games. Calculus runs more games than you'd think...

[ 08-18-2003, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: MK ]

Zem
Farting Nudist
Member # 3467

Member Rated:
posted 08-18-2003 05:20 PM      Profile for Zem     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ok, so, the thing is that I tried to make a joking argument, and it's turned kinda funny, because many of you might not realize that I was completely joking.

In college I've taken 3 courses in calculus, 2 courses in differential equations, 2 courses in partial differential equations, and two degrees worth of engineering courses chock full of high level math. While the day-to-day activities of my job do not entail using the most complex of these courses, the theory is there and an understanding is required.

Not only would I not have computer games, I also wouldn't have a job. I recognize the value of math... but Jimmy Buffett has a great song "Math Suks"... ok, well, it's not in itself a great song, but that he actually wrote, performed, and produced a song about listening to his kids bitch about math is pretty funny, I think.

Also, I rarely eat lucky charms.

I do breathe NOS, though.

- - - - -

IceHawk78
NOBODY IMPORTANT
Member # 1699

Member Rated:
posted 08-18-2003 11:50 PM      Profile for IceHawk78   Author's Homepage   Email IceHawk78   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hehe, Zem responded in a serious matter whilst trolling someone.

Zem loses this thread, along with anyone who did not troll this troll-esque thread back.

Also math ate Zem for breakfast. Then it used his spinal cord for a toothpick. Except when it curved then broke, Zem's ghost cried.

Lucky charms were originalyl created by pigs. But when they did a promotion to put bacon bits in, the pigs sold all rights to the cereal to the cartoons. But none of the cartoons wanted it, so they gave it to the learning disabled leprechaun.

Whiner
Member # 1465

Member Rated:
posted 08-19-2003 12:00 AM      Profile for 137   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by IceHawk78:
learning disabled leprechaun

LOOK MAN JUST CAUSE LUCKY CHARMS ARE MAGICALLY DELICIOUS DOESNT MEAN YOU HAVE TO RESORT TO ALL SORTS OF UNDERHANDED CHARACTER DEFAMATION! THIS IS JUST ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF THE ESTABLISHMENT TRYING TO KEEP US DOWN!!
From: Space. Like, outer space. | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
IceHawk78
NOBODY IMPORTANT
Member # 1699

Member Rated:
posted 08-19-2003 10:36 AM      Profile for IceHawk78   Author's Homepage   Email IceHawk78   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 137:
quote:
learning disabled leprechaun

LOOK MAN JUST CAUSE LUCKY CHARMS ARE MAGICALLY DELICIOUS DOESNT MEAN YOU HAVE TO RESORT TO ALL SORTS OF UNDERHANDED CHARACTER DEFAMATION! THIS IS JUST ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF THE ESTABLISHMENT TRYING TO KEEP US DOWN!!
Yes I do. If I don't resort to underhanded character defamation and using the establishment to keep you down, then who will?

DONT FIGHT THE MAN JOIN HIM IN BED SO HE CAN FUCK YOU UP THE ASS.

Zem
Farting Nudist
Member # 3467

Member Rated:
posted 08-19-2003 11:04 AM      Profile for Zem     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hehe, Zem responded in a serious matter whilst trolling someone.

Zem loses this thread, along with anyone who did not troll this troll-esque thread back.

Fair enough, I just wanted it to end. I thought I could handle arguing "math sucks"... it hurt too much. I would argue that I wasn't "trolling" so much as trying to make the point that (n-1) people were arguing with 1 about whether or not exercise was good for you, where n is the number of registered users.

- - - - -

dAyWaLkEr
Farting Nudist
Member # 3343

Member Rated:
posted 08-19-2003 12:09 PM      Profile for dAyWaLkEr     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Big Brother is watching. Tread carefully and eat your Lucky Charms with a closed mouth.

anybody buy one of those commercial oxygen tanks? or at least gone to an oxygen bar i've heard about? just wanna know what all the hype is about.

- - - - -
absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.