The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » The Courtyard   » Karp Park   » Where the fuck is my snare

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where the fuck is my snare
Boodabonzi
like a virgin
Member # 2958

Member Rated:
posted 07-31-2003 05:10 PM      Profile for Boodabonzi   Email Boodabonzi   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm not rapping without a good fucking snare

- - - - -
OK, I know I'm probably not the nicest Pokemon Trainer when it comes to giving advice, and if I get flamed on this, it is probably well deserved. So here goes...

From: Hitchin - biggest little shanty town in all of England | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Whiner
Member # 1465

Member Rated:
posted 07-31-2003 06:22 PM      Profile for 137   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
clocklock-boo-clocklocklocklock
From: Space. Like, outer space. | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dweedle
My hands and feet are mangos
Member # 1209

Member Rated:
posted 07-31-2003 07:32 PM      Profile for Dweedle   Email Dweedle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hi hat on 2 and 4

- - - - -
the only way to get pass this will be to commit suicune

From: second of all, Quagmire's not really a bad guy! | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Iyse
Farting Nudist
Member # 149

Member Rated:
posted 07-31-2003 08:58 PM      Profile for Iyse   Email Iyse   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Who here is actually a drummer? I am, just wondering who else is. [Razz]

- - - - -
OMG IAN GARVEY WTF!!!111

From: Brussels, Belgium | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Wizzymoto
Farting Nudist
Member # 60

Member Rated:
posted 07-31-2003 10:33 PM      Profile for Wizzymoto   Email Wizzymoto   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Im practicing like hell this summer, cause I don't want to be a fucking senior on the damn base drum. 3 years i been doing that in marching band.

My fault for joining with no experience in drums, but its my time to shine now baby! No more damn freshman taking my spot.

From: Irvine, CA, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-01-2003 12:25 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm actually a drummer...
Turbo X
Farting Nudist
Member # 1808

posted 08-01-2003 12:55 AM      Profile for Turbo X     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wizzymoto:
Im practicing like hell this summer, cause I don't want to be a fucking senior on the damn base drum. 3 years i been doing that in marching band.

My fault for joining with no experience in drums, but its my time to shine now baby! No more damn freshman taking my spot.

Hey, you could always be like this dude who couldn't march at all in my school. All 4 years he was on the crash symbols. Hell, he even tripped over the 40-yd line one game. Not the yard marker, the actual chalk line. Comedy at its greatest.

- - - - -
I mean, goldfish lamp wallpaper skeleton in my Bavarian Star or what? Flowers mirror computer Smurfs every time Moses flies playing cards in or around Paris.

From: N-town, PA, U.S. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dweedle
Member # 1209

Member Rated:
posted 08-01-2003 01:24 AM      Profile for Dweedle   Email Dweedle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've played percussion in marching band in high school, but that's only because they needed someone to play xylophone, and since I was also the only one in marching band who knew how to play piano, I got stuck in the pit playing xylophone and other percussion.

I could prolly learn drumset fairly well in a month if I had one.

- - - - -

From: second of all, Quagmire's not really a bad guy! | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ferquin
Farting Nudist
Member # 3269

Member Rated:
posted 08-01-2003 01:36 AM      Profile for Ferquin   Author's Homepage   Email Ferquin   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lucky... I wish I could play the piano. My parents were too cheap to encourage any sort of musical training for me.

[ 08-01-2003, 01:36 AM: Message edited by: Ferquin ]

- - - - -
Ferquin N.C. Root
The Ferquinarium

From: Renton, WA, USA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Zem
Farting Nudist
Member # 3467

Member Rated:
posted 08-01-2003 02:07 AM      Profile for Zem     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought I'd share, I know everyone is excited.

I have no musical ability whatsoever. None. I was in the chorus in high school, but just the level where you can sign up it like any other class. I have no idea what note is coming out of mouth, and I don't know what note I'm supposed to be hitting. They never let me sing solo, duet, triple..etc.. nothing where there was any chance of my voice not being drowned out by at least 20 others. I have no rythm. I can play no instruments except the very simple version of "Ode to Joy" on a guitar and piano. I failed the "recorder" wind thing in elementary school. I cannot hear lyrics unless they are very clear... it's just a human voice making noise to me.

I am ok with this. In fact, I generally think it's funny... I'm a traditional white guy who can be totally oblivious to not finding the beat....and truly not care. [Smile]

- - - - -
Evil: Statistics, Microsoft, and Telemarketers.

Wizzymoto
Farting Nudist
Member # 60

Member Rated:
posted 08-01-2003 04:07 PM      Profile for Wizzymoto   Email Wizzymoto   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hell, he even tripped over the 40-yd line one game.
I saw a guy on bass trip at a field show competition and the harness hook tore off his ear lobe.

I think thats when I decided to try and switch instruments.

man that was so sick.

Slade_64
chipmunk pr0n author
Member # 804

Member Rated:
posted 08-01-2003 05:05 PM      Profile for Slade_64   Email Slade_64   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Played percusion for aboot 6 years; guitar for 1 1/2; violen, chelo, and bass for 2; piano 4; singing
7; and keyboard for 2.

I could play a drum kit, but never had one.

- - - - -
Bucket.

From: Funky Town Texas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Whiner
Member # 1465

Member Rated:
posted 08-01-2003 06:28 PM      Profile for 137   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am a drummer. Well, I was before I moved into my new place and there was nowhere to set up. Now I own a drumset. I also have a djembe that I beat on in my room, but anybody ('cept maybe Zem) can do that.
Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 08-01-2003 10:59 PM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Also Trumpet is better. [PBJ Time!]
Dweedle
Member # 1209

Member Rated:
posted 08-01-2003 11:04 PM      Profile for Dweedle   Email Dweedle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I generally hate brass players, mostly because they suck, but also because they are almost always assholes.

That's why I play basically every instrument that isn't brass.

- - - - -

Fenix
I live in a public bathroom.
Member # 2371

Member Rated:
posted 08-02-2003 01:24 AM      Profile for Fenix   Author's Homepage   Email Fenix   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And I generally hate saxophone players because they think they're better than every other section of the band.

Maybe your school band / performance group / what have you had a terrible brass section, but I can assure you that this is not universally the case. Why would that stop you from picking up a brass instrument, anyways?

- - - - -
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery

From: The Homeworld, Aiur | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ikuse
Farting Nudist
Member # 3037

Member Rated:
posted 08-02-2003 06:25 AM      Profile for Ikuse   Author's Homepage   Email Ikuse   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Char42's a brass player.

Also, I'm pretty alright at GuitarFreaks and DrumMania. [Big Grin]

pkthunder
I look like your mom.
Member # 67

Member Rated:
posted 08-02-2003 09:26 AM      Profile for pkthunder   Author's Homepage   Email pkthunder   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Brass players are better kissers.
From: Broomfield, CO | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dweedle
Member # 1209

Member Rated:
posted 08-02-2003 01:15 PM      Profile for Dweedle   Email Dweedle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fenix:
And I generally hate saxophone players because they think they're better than every other section of the band.

Maybe your school band / performance group / what have you had a terrible brass section, but I can assure you that this is not universally the case. Why would that stop you from picking up a brass instrument, anyways?

Wel, in my general experience, from high school to college, the saxophones were always better, and brass players were mostly assholes (not so much in college, though).

Also I don't play brass instruments because they fuck with my embouchure.

- - - - -

Dweedle
Member # 1209

Member Rated:
posted 08-02-2003 01:18 PM      Profile for Dweedle   Email Dweedle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pkthunder:

They also have deformed mouths if they play long enough.

- - - - -

pkthunder
I look like your mom.
Member # 67

Member Rated:
posted 08-02-2003 01:23 PM      Profile for pkthunder   Author's Homepage   Email pkthunder   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dweedle:
quote:

They also have deformed mouths if they play long enough.
Bitter much, Mr. Sloppy Single-Reed?
From: Broomfield, CO | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dweedle
Member # 1209

Member Rated:
posted 08-02-2003 04:27 PM      Profile for Dweedle   Email Dweedle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not bitter, just stating the truth. All the trumpet players at school have lips that have conformed to their mouthpieces, and it looks kinda stupid. That's one reason I'm glad I never played brass instruments.

Also I play double reeds too.

- - - - -

Slade_64
chipmunk pr0n author
Member # 804

Member Rated:
posted 08-02-2003 05:13 PM      Profile for Slade_64   Email Slade_64   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here's what I've always said

"Why blow when you can just wack it?"

- - - - -
Bucket.

From: Funky Town Texas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Fenix
I live in a public bathroom.
Member # 2371

Member Rated:
posted 08-02-2003 08:41 PM      Profile for Fenix   Author's Homepage   Email Fenix   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
All the trumpet players at school have lips that have conformed to their mouthpieces, and it looks kinda stupid.

I can't name a single brass player at our school who's experienced that.

- - - - -
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery

From: The Homeworld, Aiur | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 08-02-2003 09:38 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

So why is Char stuck with Kristen?
From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dweedle
Member # 1209

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2003 12:49 AM      Profile for Dweedle   Email Dweedle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fenix:
quote:
All the trumpet players at school have lips that have conformed to their mouthpieces, and it looks kinda stupid.

I can't name a single brass player at our school who's experienced that.
They prolly don't play that much outside of school then. The brass players I know who have experienced that are the ones that practice on a consistent basis. I didn't really know anyone in high school that had lips like that, except one trumpet player who practiced all the time. In college, though, almost every single brass player suffers from this condition, because these are the people that are more serious about practicing.

- - - - -

Charmeleon42
Date Rapist
Member # 1066

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2003 04:52 AM      Profile for Charmeleon42   Author's Homepage   Email Charmeleon42   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Brass instruments dont really mess up your lips as much as your teeth if you push them into your mouth really hard... which I've always done since it's easier to hit higher notes that way.

So my teeth are all fucked up. Like, a lot. Not so much that they get in the way... they're comfortable and all, and poke nothing, but you look at them and its like 0_o

From: Mountain Dew Land | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dweedle
Member # 1209

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2003 10:55 AM      Profile for Dweedle   Email Dweedle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just look at a pic of Louis Armstrong and you'll see the indentation of the mouthpiece in his lips and you'll see what I'm talking about.

I wasn't aware that they could mess up your teeth as well. What about brass players with braces? That must be horrible.

- - - - -

Turbo X
Farting Nudist
Member # 1808

posted 08-03-2003 02:22 PM      Profile for Turbo X     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yea, playing the trumpet with braces does suck. In my band though, the saxes were just like almost every single drummer, complete airheads with no common sense. It was the flute section who were the stuck-up snobs. My section (trumpets, hell ya) and the flutes were always going at it as to who was better. Hey, when there's 22 flutes, and us 6 "lowly" trumpet players could easily overpower them, as well as play better overall, I don't think they had much of an argument at all. (4 best brass section awards in 4 years compared to just 1 best woodwind section).

- - - - -
I mean, goldfish lamp wallpaper skeleton in my Bavarian Star or what? Flowers mirror computer Smurfs every time Moses flies playing cards in or around Paris.

From: N-town, PA, U.S. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2003 09:17 PM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I had to play my trumpet with braces. Its not much fun, rips up your gums a lot.

I have never had problems with teeth or lips being deformed or whatever. I don't really practice, either, so I don't play enough to deform my mouth.

Eh, you trade off. Sucking at an instrument or permanently destroying your mouth. Whatever.

Whiner
Member # 1465

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2003 09:24 PM      Profile for 137   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, practicing drumming a lot gave me strong, beefy forearms and calves.
You learn to adjust.

maagisk
Farting Nudist
Member # 536

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2003 10:40 PM      Profile for maagisk   Author's Homepage   Email maagisk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was laughing like shit when I saw the topic because I knew it was comming. HAve you seen the Chapell Show where David Chapell was like...

Turn up my base a little bit
Yeah yeah...
No no no, turn in down a little bit
Yeah yeah...
Where the *bleep* is my snare

I was rolling with laughter.

- - - - -
-

From: Dramen, Norway | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dweedle
Member # 1209

Member Rated:
posted 08-04-2003 12:36 AM      Profile for Dweedle   Email Dweedle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I had to play oboe with braces and that wasn't too bad. Cut up my mouth like the first time I tried it and after that it was fine.

- - - - -

kikered
Farting Nudist
Member # 830

Member Rated:
posted 08-04-2003 08:27 PM      Profile for kikered   Email kikered   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey, guys. What about Clarinet players? 8P

Anyway, I hated marching with a passion, so I ran off to the pit for Junior and Senior year. GG.

Dweedle
Member # 1209

Member Rated:
posted 08-04-2003 09:13 PM      Profile for Dweedle   Email Dweedle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kikered:
Anyway, I hated marching with a passion, so I ran off to the pit for Junior and Senior year. GG.

lol same here

when I was asked to be in the pit I didn't even have to think about it; automatic yes

- - - - -

Wizzymoto
Farting Nudist
Member # 60

Member Rated:
posted 08-05-2003 03:27 AM      Profile for Wizzymoto   Email Wizzymoto   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
HAha, I got stuck in Pit first so I hate it.

1st two years were fun, but then last year it was me and ten freshman who ran a cart full of timpanis into a Mercedes in the parking lot.

Then I got a huge scar on my shin cause they let go of another cart as it was going down a hill and it gashed me good with the edge.

Then one day it rained a hell of a lot, and no one would do shit and I had to get all that crap ready and carry it up two stories into this old gym where they were having a tourney.

So yeah, pit sucks and is boring. Hated sitting in the stands during games and doing nothing, felt like such a lame, even moreso than your typical bando.

In case your wondering how i could be both bass and pit, I go to a brand new school, and the 1st two years, the drum line and pit were one in the same, being that the drumline did not march in the field show.

[ 08-05-2003, 03:29 AM: Message edited by: Wizzymoto ]

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.