next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » The Courtyard   » Karp Park   » Spoon Bending

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Spoon Bending
DrFuko
Farting Nudist
Member # 2176

Member Rated:
posted 05-27-2003 05:16 PM      Profile for DrFuko   Email DrFuko   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Does anybody know how that trick works? I know they showed it on Psychic Secrets Revealed, but I missed it. A scooby snack goes out to whoever can tell me what´s up with this trick.

- - - - -
Noone expects.... THE SPANISH INQUISITION!!!

From: Monterrey, Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 05-27-2003 05:36 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The trick is in heating the metal at the base of the spoon's cup until it becomes malleable enough for gravity to bend it downwards (a simple level 1 mind-melt spell should sufice). While the metal is still heating up, do your best to appear that you are concentrating very hard. Thus it appears to onlookers as though you have bent a spoon using telekinesis, which of course is an impossibility.
Living on air bubbles
Frank Stallone
Member # 2089

posted 05-27-2003 05:46 PM      Profile for Living on air bubbles   Email Living on air bubbles   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Who cares? There's no spoon.
From: Cherry Hill, Suicide Captial of The World | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Haruka
Farting Nudist
Member # 3300

Member Rated:
posted 05-27-2003 05:51 PM      Profile for Haruka   Email Haruka   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Cloud9x
Estelle Getty
Member # 2805

Member Rated:
posted 05-27-2003 06:20 PM      Profile for Cloud9x   Author's Homepage   Email Cloud9x   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wild Alakazam? pfft.

- - - - -
[22:51] Y2Jesus: shut up japanese peopre

DrFuko
Farting Nudist
Member # 2176

Member Rated:
posted 05-27-2003 06:22 PM      Profile for DrFuko   Email DrFuko   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
um, i know that rubbing a spoon makes it hot, but even then... dont you need it to be VERY hot?

- - - - -
Noone expects.... THE SPANISH INQUISITION!!!

From: Monterrey, Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mister Cant
Farting Nudist
Member # 1414

Member Rated:
posted 05-27-2003 07:30 PM      Profile for Mister Cant   Email Mister Cant   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Haruka:

[This Guy]

- - - - -
~|~Mister Cant-A.K.A-Yue~|~

;x

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 05-27-2003 07:59 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I sadly missed like 90% of that entire tv special. Is any of it archived anywhere?

- - - - -
WHAT IS THAT GUY DOING TO THAT SERIO BODY PILLOW. -SDShamshel

Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 05-27-2003 09:44 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's probably on here somewhere.

[ 05-27-2003, 09:45 PM: Message edited by: Rolken ]

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 05-27-2003 09:53 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thank you much Rolken...
Ferquin
Farting Nudist
Member # 3269

Member Rated:
posted 05-27-2003 10:12 PM      Profile for Ferquin   Author's Homepage   Email Ferquin   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When and what channel was this show broadcast on? If it was Discovery or something, I'm sure they'd rebroadcast it later in the week.

- - - - -
Ferquin N.C. Root
The Ferquinarium

From: Renton, WA, USA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 05-27-2003 10:58 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It was some time ago, it was on Fox I think, cause it's title was "Psychics secrets finally revealed"

It actually had a lame title like that, and, when I finally turned it on, it was almost over, and to make matters worse, when they were explaining the trick I REALLY wanted to know how they did, they interupted with a weather alert or something like that, and once the weather alert was over, the trick explanation was over too!

I was really mad

edit: I found a review of the special, maybe they'll go into detail over what I missed, I hope so...

http://magic.about.com/library/weekly/aa022300a.htm

edit2: damn, didn't explain anything.

[ 05-27-2003, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: MK ]

Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 05-28-2003 01:37 AM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's simple. You bend a spoon back and forth until the metal weakens to the point where applying slight pressure will bend it. This is why you always see them running their thumb on it as it bends.
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 05-28-2003 02:05 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Some more info on spoonbending and tricks

http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a3_062.html

[ 05-28-2003, 02:06 AM: Message edited by: MK ]

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.