next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » The Courtyard   » Karp Park   » Techno

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Techno
Ognob
Farting Nudist
Member # 1596

Member Rated:
posted 05-07-2003 08:57 PM      Profile for Ognob        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
what is good techno to download
Dweedle
My hands and feet are mangos
Member # 1209

Member Rated:
posted 05-07-2003 09:00 PM      Profile for Dweedle   Email Dweedle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
None

- - - - -
the only way to get pass this will be to commit suicune

From: second of all, Quagmire's not really a bad guy! | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
TeLeFonE
X-treme rotary telephone
Member # 2293

Member Rated:
posted 05-07-2003 09:40 PM      Profile for TeLeFonE   Email TeLeFonE   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dweedle posted what just about all of us were thinking.

- - - - -
fuck this username is gay

pkthunder
I look like your mom.
Member # 67

Member Rated:
posted 05-07-2003 10:07 PM      Profile for pkthunder   Author's Homepage   Email pkthunder   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No. Only you fucktards that like death metal.
From: Broomfield, CO | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ferquin
Farting Nudist
Member # 3269

Member Rated:
posted 05-07-2003 10:15 PM      Profile for Ferquin   Author's Homepage   Email Ferquin   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just listen to whatever's on the local dance station up here. I don't know techno, but I know what I like.

- - - - -
Ferquin N.C. Root
The Ferquinarium

From: Renton, WA, USA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cloud9x
Estelle Getty
Member # 2805

Member Rated:
posted 05-07-2003 10:24 PM      Profile for Cloud9x   Author's Homepage   Email Cloud9x   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm sure that most of us/death-metal kind of people would resent that, pkthunder. You're not very nice.

- - - - -
[22:51] Y2Jesus: shut up japanese peopre

Dweedle
Member # 1209

Member Rated:
posted 05-07-2003 10:24 PM      Profile for Dweedle   Email Dweedle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pkthunder:

I despise death metal, for the most part.

- - - - -

From: second of all, Quagmire's not really a bad guy! | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cloud9x
Estelle Getty
Member # 2805

Member Rated:
posted 05-07-2003 10:26 PM      Profile for Cloud9x   Author's Homepage   Email Cloud9x   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Same minute post. Hi.

- - - - -

Dweedle
Member # 1209

Member Rated:
posted 05-07-2003 10:29 PM      Profile for Dweedle   Email Dweedle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
sup duder

lunch? you pay

- - - - -

IceHawk78
NOBODY IMPORTANT
Member # 1699

Member Rated:
posted 05-07-2003 10:34 PM      Profile for IceHawk78   Author's Homepage   Email IceHawk78   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I, for one, happen to like techno, although the most of it that I have is trance.

Of them all, I'd likely say Aura - the Source of Trance is my favorite, along with numerous songs to back that up with. If you actually wanted a list I can look it up, but that's only if you don't have broadband and thus can't simply dl all their musics.

sporkcore
Farting Nudist
Member # 2775

Member Rated:
posted 05-07-2003 10:51 PM      Profile for sporkcore   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Aphex Twin is good techno, his song Come To Daddy has one of the creepiest videos i've seen, and it almost has a metal sound to it. Infected Mushroom is good and Israeli. Rotterdam Terror Corps is good if your into that kind of techno. If you want to download industrial, which is like a darker techno, i say go for Skinny Puppy, Revolting Cocks, KMFDM, or Ohgr

- - - - -
"A boy, a girl - A love story. But why did it end in misery. Taking our chances, getting our thrills...Taking and taking but never getting our fill." - GlassJaw w/Ray Cappo

From: not there, but here | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ferquin
Farting Nudist
Member # 3269

Member Rated:
posted 05-07-2003 10:51 PM      Profile for Ferquin   Author's Homepage   Email Ferquin   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I actually like both techno and death metal. Techno has a nice beat and you can dance to it. Death metal has that raw edge that you can thrash to. Depends on my mood I guess.

I actually like all kinds of music in some way. I used to say I hate rap, but I guess I only like old 80s rap and not the modern stuff. Same for country. I like the older stuff better. I like classical, I like jazz, I like rock, and other stuff. I'm just really selective about what I like, but I won't go so far to say that I hate an entire genre. All the major genres have borrowed this and that from each other to produce sub-genres, save for classical and other original world musics.

Just wait a bit and you'll eventually find a techno-death-metal artist that will appeal to both ears. It's bound to happen.

- - - - -
Ferquin N.C. Root
The Ferquinarium

From: Renton, WA, USA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
moogleman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1017

Member Rated:
posted 05-07-2003 10:53 PM      Profile for moogleman     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
http://www.audiogalaxy.com/user/profile.php?&uid=877253
From: Kamloops, BC, Canada | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
sporkcore
Farting Nudist
Member # 2775

Member Rated:
posted 05-07-2003 10:55 PM      Profile for sporkcore   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
the closest i found is Agoraphobic Nosebleed which is Grindcore with a drum machine and Scary German Guy is a long island metal band that uses a drum machine and samples from differnt horror movies.

- - - - -
"A boy, a girl - A love story. But why did it end in misery. Taking our chances, getting our thrills...Taking and taking but never getting our fill." - GlassJaw w/Ray Cappo

Cloud9x
Estelle Getty
Member # 2805

Member Rated:
posted 05-07-2003 11:19 PM      Profile for Cloud9x   Author's Homepage   Email Cloud9x   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
pkthunder user profile
SEARCH FOR USER | ALL ONLINE USERS | SEE YOUR PROFILE

pkthunder's Posts

Favorite Artists

alice deejay
Garage, Happy Hardcore, Techno, Trance
backstreet boys
Pop, Teen Pop
britney spears
Pop, Dance Pop, Teen Pop
eiffel 65
Electronica, Pop, Euro Pop, Dance Pop
eleven thirty
jessica simpson
Teen Pop
kylie minogue
Pop, Dance Pop
mandy moore
Pop, Teen Pop
sarina paris
s club 7
the corrs
Pop, Soft Rock, Celtic

- - - - -

DarkLickitung
I AM FRIENDS WITH ZACK_COMRADE IRL
Member # 1672

Member Rated:
posted 05-07-2003 11:31 PM      Profile for DarkLickitung   Email DarkLickitung   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't get it, why do some people who hate death metal constantly make references to those who do in a derogatory manner.

quote:
Originally posted by Ferquin:
Just wait a bit and you'll eventually find a techno-death-metal artist that will appeal to both ears. It's bound to happen.

CYNIC CYNIC CYNIC CYNIC

download "Veil of Maya"

[ 05-07-2003, 11:34 PM: Message edited by: DarkLickitung ]

From: See You Auntie. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 05-08-2003 12:22 AM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ANIME PARA PARA.
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 05-08-2003 12:27 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
http://homestarrunner.com/sbemail45.html
pkthunder
I look like your mom.
Member # 67

Member Rated:
posted 05-08-2003 12:36 AM      Profile for pkthunder   Author's Homepage   Email pkthunder   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Its not that I hate it, I'm just totally surprised at the amount of fanboys on this forum. And it just doesn't seem very, I don't know, cultured.
Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 05-08-2003 12:40 AM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
eiffel 65

NOW LISTEN UP. HERE'S THE STORY ABOUT A LITTLE GUY THAT LIVES IN A BLUE WORLD...

[ 05-08-2003, 12:42 AM: Message edited by: Mr.E ]

- - - - -
MickHale18: nevermind, I'll pull out for a second
MickHale18: *pulls out finger*

From: Munchkin Land, Oz | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mentar the Malady Monkey
worst username ever
Member # 1182

Member Rated:
posted 05-08-2003 12:44 AM      Profile for Mentar the Malady Monkey   Email Mentar the Malady Monkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Let's compare.

quote:

quote:
you fucktards

quote:
fucktards

Let's see how that relates to this:

quote:
Originally posted by the powers that be:
If you call another forum member a name, your post will be deleted and you will be banned.

quote:
will be banned

quote:
banned

- - - - -
WHAT.

From: Pandemonium, HL, Hades | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 05-08-2003 12:46 AM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Italics around "will."

- - - - -
MickHale18: nevermind, I'll pull out for a second
MickHale18: *pulls out finger*

From: Munchkin Land, Oz | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
DarkLickitung
I AM FRIENDS WITH ZACK_COMRADE IRL
Member # 1672

Member Rated:
posted 05-08-2003 01:05 AM      Profile for DarkLickitung   Email DarkLickitung   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Its not that I hate it, I'm just totally surprised at the amount of fanboys on this forum.

Because anyone who likes a genre enough to post about it and promote it is a mindless fanboy, and it is indeed quite suprising that people like to listen to music that is new, interesting, and suits their ideological needs instead of merely providing background noise!

quote:
And it just doesn't seem very, I don't know, cultured.
If by cultured you mean pandering to conventionality and mediocrity, then I suppose it indeed isn't "cultured."

If you mean that it isn't very advanced lyrically...
http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/death/symbolic.html

If you think its just for 14 year old boys who want angry music...
http://www.anus.com/metal/about/history.html

From: See You Auntie. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 05-08-2003 02:48 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MMM: If you call another forum member a name, your post will be deleted and you will be banned.

pk has used her secret vaginal powers on me and therefore cannot be banned. Unless Anthrax does it.

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 05-08-2003 02:48 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
fucktard- An enlightened individual in Hindu beliefs.
From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dweedle
Member # 1209

Member Rated:
posted 05-08-2003 03:01 AM      Profile for Dweedle   Email Dweedle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
SMOKE DEATH METAL EVERY DAY

- - - - -

Psybro
Half Psyduck. Half Slowbro. All cop.
Member # 290

Member Rated:
posted 05-08-2003 11:55 AM      Profile for Psybro   Email Psybro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. K:
secret vaginal powers

From: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
AnnieKat
Suicidal Failure
Member # 3202

Member Rated:
posted 05-08-2003 12:37 PM      Profile for AnnieKat   Author's Homepage   Email AnnieKat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
PK, is it good to be queen?

- - - - -
aתּņĩềκẢ†~ nθW |’m @ r33| ķıťŧŷ

Anthrax, will you marry me?

From: Anthrax's Love Nest | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Corrupt
Farting Nudist
Member # 2210

Member Rated:
posted 05-08-2003 01:19 PM      Profile for Corrupt     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Death metal is pure cheese
Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 05-08-2003 02:46 PM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Closest thing to death metal I listen to is Slipknot, Sepultura, and Soulfly, etc.

I dig techno. Get Block Rockin' Beats by the Chemical Brothers, Rollin' and Scratchin' by Daft Punk, and Dirt by Death in Vegas. And of course, Come to Daddy by Aphex Twin.

I WANT YOUR SOUL
I WILL EAT YOUR SOUL
COME TO DADDY
ARRGH

The Muffin King
Farting Nudist
Member # 2240

Member Rated:
posted 05-08-2003 02:52 PM      Profile for The Muffin King   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Death Metal is pure cheese

...says the fool who likes Nirvana.

Death Metal (or any other type of heavier metal for that matter) isn't any worse or anyt better than any other type of music, it's just another genre. The problem is that it isn't very accessible to people, and therefore anybody who isn't in to it thinks it's crap. I mean c'mon, it's not like you can dive right in to Celtic Frost or Children of Bodom as opposed to Green Day or Creed. It's an acquired taste.

[ 05-08-2003, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: The Muffin King ]

Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 05-08-2003 03:47 PM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Artists:
The Cynic Project (almost any song)
*Aura - the source of trance (same here)
*303Infinity (same here, to a lesser extent)
*Lagoona (almost anything)
*Astral Projection (songs from the albums Dancing Galaxy and In The Mix, their latest album, Amen, has some good and some bad songs. Try for yourself)
*Kraftwerk (not danceable, but very good)
*The soundtracks for the games wipeout 2097, wip3out (wipeout 3) and wipeout fusion
*Sash

DoomMullet
Farting Nudist
Member # 3363

Member Rated:
posted 05-08-2003 05:33 PM      Profile for DoomMullet     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I personally like both techno AND death metal. But that's just how I am.

For good techno get:

VNV Nation
Covenant
Aphex Twin
Moby (say what you will, he's awesome)

And whoever said Slipknot is death metal or even CLOSE to it is completely wrong. Slipknot is noise and nothing but a waste of 3 to 4 minutes to listen to.

- - - - -
What kind of a fuckass fuck of a bumfuck shithole town is this?

From: fondling your balls, don't you feel that? | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
veloS
8=D~~O:
Member # 2636

Member Rated:
posted 05-09-2003 07:46 AM      Profile for veloS     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
1. Children of Bodom is quite accessible, due to their pretty attractive mix of heavy, death and power metal. OK, it ain't Linkin Park, but in Scandinavia, Children of Bodom are huge.

2. Here in Holland, there's too much techno, trance, house and whatever this electro-crap is called. Everyone here seems to be a raver, listening to crap from DJ Tiesto. Or sumthin. Ah well, metal all the way. The closest things to techo that I like are "The Mad capsule Markets" and "The Berzerker". DL (and the rest of Azure, yes, even the vaginal ones) should really check that last one out.

3. This is the first thread in which cfalcon actually made me laugh. Good work.

4. Metroid soundtracks?

- - - - -
www.mightyrhapsody.com

kikered
Farting Nudist
Member # 830

Member Rated:
posted 05-09-2003 09:14 AM      Profile for kikered   Email kikered   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You could try running searches on KaZaA for Beatmania/DDR musics. They've got some pretty good techno on there... although each song is only about a minute and a half. x_x Oh, and running the search on those doesn't exactly bring all techno music, either.
Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 05-09-2003 11:47 AM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Orbital and Prodigy are also good. By Prodigy I mean the techno/industrial band, not the ISP.
sporkcore
Farting Nudist
Member # 2775

Member Rated:
posted 05-09-2003 12:04 PM      Profile for sporkcore   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Also the shizit are a techno/metal band that's really amazing

- - - - -

Dark_Herakurosu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1677

Member Rated:
posted 05-09-2003 07:35 PM      Profile for Dark_Herakurosu   Author's Homepage   Email Dark_Herakurosu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Way Out West. Download the dance mix of Mindcircus, it's probably their best. The original's good too though. Secret is another one by them. If you want to be a generic bastard then Enya is a smart choice. Craven's a new artist, he's got something big comin, I can feel it. Some Static-X can be classified as techno. They really blur the line. Also see: KMFDM. Aphex Twin is excellent.

quote:
pkthunder user profile
SEARCH FOR USER | ALL ONLINE USERS | SEE YOUR PROFILE

pkthunder's Posts

Favorite Artists

alice deejay
Garage, Happy Hardcore, Techno, Trance
backstreet boys
Pop, Teen Pop
britney spears
Pop, Dance Pop, Teen Pop
eiffel 65
Electronica, Pop, Euro Pop, Dance Pop
eleven thirty
jessica simpson
Teen Pop
kylie minogue
Pop, Dance Pop
mandy moore
Pop, Teen Pop
sarina paris
s club 7
the corrs
Pop, Soft Rock, Celtic

quote:
Only you fucktards that like death metal.
quote:
jessica simpson
backstreet boys
Happy Hardcore

- - - - -
There is more money being spent on breast implants and Viagra today than on Alzheimer's research. This means that by 2040, there should be a large elderly population with perky boobs, huge erections, and absolutely no recollection of what to do with them.

From: the wreckage of Indianapolis | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
DrFuko
Farting Nudist
Member # 2176

Member Rated:
posted 05-10-2003 02:54 AM      Profile for DrFuko   Email DrFuko   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Its over, nobody listens to Techno!

- - - - -
Noone expects.... THE SPANISH INQUISITION!!!

From: Monterrey, Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 05-10-2003 02:59 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Finalluy, took long enough for someone to come to that conclusion...
pkthunder
I look like your mom.
Member # 67

Member Rated:
posted 05-10-2003 03:11 AM      Profile for pkthunder   Author's Homepage   Email pkthunder   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Since someone brought up that stupid audiogalaxy shit a third time, I will acknowledge it.

That's not me. I think I've made it pretty clear on this board what my musical tastes are.

And I listen to "techno". I just don't follow it or know what artists/songs are good. My roommate listens to it a lot and he plays a lot of stuff while we're hanging out in our apartment, and the only thing I know is that I like some of the songs, and I don't like others.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.