The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » The Courtyard   » Karp Park   » AP tests next week...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: AP tests next week...
Charmeleon42
Date Rapist
Member # 1066

Member Rated:
posted 05-01-2003 12:42 AM      Profile for Charmeleon42   Author's Homepage   Email Charmeleon42   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
omgz

http://www.historyteacher.net/USQuizMainPage.htm

Here's something for AP us history if anyone out there is taking it next week. Fruity looking but handy.

But then again, are we a sharp enough group to have people in AP classes?

From: Mountain Dew Land | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mentar the Malady Monkey
worst username ever
Member # 1182

Member Rated:
posted 05-01-2003 12:56 AM      Profile for Mentar the Malady Monkey   Email Mentar the Malady Monkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We most certainly are. I'm taking the Calc AB, Human Geography and Physics B tests.

- - - - -
WHAT.

From: Pandemonium, HL, Hades | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
DarkLickitung
I AM FRIENDS WITH ZACK_COMRADE IRL
Member # 1672

Member Rated:
posted 05-01-2003 01:08 AM      Profile for DarkLickitung   Email DarkLickitung   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
US History, Language Composition, Psychology

I hear from some of the history teachers in SoCal through my own that the graders generally favor leftist interpretations of US history, I guess I'm in

it pales to what I'm doing next year:
Calculus, Government, Economics, Physics, Environmental, and probably the Computer Science if it switches to Java and I have the money

[ 05-01-2003, 01:09 AM: Message edited by: DarkLickitung ]

From: See You Auntie. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 05-01-2003 02:13 AM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
History AP Test... gg Friday. 8)

- - - - -
MickHale18: nevermind, I'll pull out for a second
MickHale18: *pulls out finger*

From: Munchkin Land, Oz | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
JohtoMaster
Farting Nudist
Member # 1023

Member Rated:
posted 05-01-2003 06:19 AM      Profile for JohtoMaster   Author's Homepage   Email JohtoMaster   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Language Comp. and Chemistry. Hoping for a 5 and a 1, respectively.

- - - - -
Oh, and it's not "newbies", it's "proles". Nothing wrong with being new to the game if you're not stuck in the working classes. Hey, if we're going to be elitist, may as well go the whole hog and refer to the idiots as a lower social rank... - CatGonk at SoaG

From: Valparaiso, IN, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
ceoalex316
Time for the flaming leprosy party
Member # 338

posted 05-01-2003 01:10 PM      Profile for ceoalex316     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
AP Physics, I bailed out of taking AP history because I’m too lazy to study for it. I'm still in the class though. After the AP test there is basically nothing left to worry about until I go to college in Sept.

- - - - -
Maximum Penetration Industries.

Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 05-01-2003 03:00 PM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm taking AP European History this year as a sophomore.

This will be my first of many tests to come in later years (ugh).

Anyone take the Euro test and want to give me some confidence?

pkthunder
I look like your mom.
Member # 67

Member Rated:
posted 05-01-2003 03:45 PM      Profile for pkthunder   Author's Homepage   Email pkthunder   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My European history test was insane. My best advice is I hope you know how to bullshit.

Also, have fun with the document-based question (if they still have those). I remember everyone in my class getting to that part, looking up at each other going "What the FUCK? The DUTCH?"

From: Broomfield, CO | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
kikered
Farting Nudist
Member # 830

Member Rated:
posted 05-01-2003 05:22 PM      Profile for kikered   Email kikered   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Only Calculus AB for me. I fuggin' hate History/English/Social Sciences with a passion. One that closely rivals my hate for Halo. 8
TeLeFonE
X-treme rotary telephone
Member # 2293

Member Rated:
posted 05-01-2003 06:40 PM      Profile for TeLeFonE   Email TeLeFonE   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Calc AB and Bio.

Bio is a 5 and Calc is blah. I hate math anyway.

- - - - -
fuck this username is gay

Dweedle
My hands and feet are mangos
Member # 1209

Member Rated:
posted 05-01-2003 06:51 PM      Profile for Dweedle   Email Dweedle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Stats was the best AP test ever

- - - - -
the only way to get pass this will be to commit suicune

From: second of all, Quagmire's not really a bad guy! | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rain Dance
Farting Nudist
Member # 173

Member Rated:
posted 05-01-2003 08:01 PM      Profile for Rain Dance   Email Rain Dance   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Silly AP tests. Only one I ever got a chance to take was AP US History and that was 2 years ago. Missed half the class...got a 5 on the test. Gotta love it, ne?

Now I've moved onto greener pastures...I've got a paper due in Arab-Israel Politics in a little under 26 hours and one on Iranian demographics due on Monday...isn't life grand?

- - - - -
Darth Vader, Boba Fett, and Han Solo are sitting around playing a not-so-friendly game of M:TG. Vader Fireballs Solo for the kill, Fett counters, and says "He's no good to me dead." -- A thought when I was really bored.

Give Bowser his own video game! Sign the petition now!
http://www.petitiononline.com/gbhovg/petition.html
Current signatories: 21

From: Camden, Delaware, USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
laZeye
Farting Nudist
Member # 464

Member Rated:
posted 05-01-2003 10:34 PM      Profile for laZeye     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Calculus BC, English Literature, Physics B, and Chemistry. Overachiever or masochist?

- - - - -
Nascar fans are racists.

EspeonNidoking
warcraft 3
Member # 2028

posted 05-01-2003 10:39 PM      Profile for EspeonNidoking   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i took AP euro and writing in high school.

those AP history exams are no joke sometimes, and DBQ's are really really annoying. anyone know what the point of those were? cuz i kinda haven't had to use them in any college course yet. :\

- - - - -
"Yeah, my pubic hair has dollar signs trimmed in it!

$$Bling Bling$$" ~Jman

From: Summit,New Jersey, Tampa, Fl, and Rindge, NH | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Biffster
Farting Nudist
Member # 269

Member Rated:
posted 05-01-2003 11:05 PM      Profile for Biffster     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I -could- take Calc AB... if I wanted to get a 1.
From: Viridian City (On the road at least) | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Quetzalcoatl
Farting Nudist
Member # 411

Member Rated:
posted 05-01-2003 11:57 PM      Profile for Quetzalcoatl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have AP Chemistry, which is no problem. The only problem is that I'm stuck with a teacher who thinks she's the next Jaime Escalante. Burros indeed.

I hope FIU accepts the AP credit, for at least my torture will not be in vain.

[ 05-01-2003, 11:59 PM: Message edited by: Quetzalcoatl ]

- - - - -
"I never make mistakes. I thought I did once, but I was wrong."

From: WTF Capital of U.S of A | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Thom Burr
Farting Nudist
Member # 1267

Member Rated:
posted 05-02-2003 01:27 AM      Profile for Thom Burr   Email Thom Burr   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When I was 15, I took AP English Composition, AP American History, and AP Poly Sci. The only class I took was history. I took the English exam just to annoy my English teacher and the polisci because I was a junky and knew I'd pass. 5 English and History, 4 on Poli.

When I was 16, I was able to finally take the AP English *Lit* and Calculus class. I already had a 5 in one English exam, so I ignored my English teacher and flunked two report cards. On my own, I took Micro and Macro Economics, European History, and Biology. (Chemistry and Spanish were dropped at the last minute. I couldn't study on my own *all* the time.)

Those six tests were murder. But I got 5's on Euro Hist, Micro Econ, Biology, and, natch, English Lit. And 4's on the other two. I started college a month or so later as a junior, helped by two years of credit for the Latin I'd taught myself.

Was it all worth it. Hell, no. I never took a single freshman introductory class. I don't remember really ever meeting another freshman. I'd already gotten into the habit of studying on my own so I often didn't bother going to class or reading my textbooks while I spent endless days in various research libraries on my own personal projects. I read through a hundred pages of Sanskrit when I was 17, the night before the test and got a B on my exam.

By the time I was 19, I'd managed to force one of the graduate schools to take me, despite the fact they said I was certain to fail. What I didn't know was that in my chosen profession required quite a bit of social savvy, and I had zero. I crashed and burned and have been crashing and burning since.

After I dropped out of grad school, I studied (on my own) for and passed the professional exam, just out of sheer bitterness. I can still legally practice, but I don't think I'll ever bother.

Good luck on your APs anyway.

[ 05-02-2003, 01:28 AM: Message edited by: Thom Burr ]

- - - - -
This is not a signature.

pkthunder
I look like your mom.
Member # 67

Member Rated:
posted 05-02-2003 01:38 AM      Profile for pkthunder   Author's Homepage   Email pkthunder   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What were you going to school for and what professional exam did you pass?

Also, if that's not what you're doing now, what are you doing now?

From: Broomfield, CO | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Sonuis
Sonius
Member # 1508

Member Rated:
posted 05-02-2003 08:21 PM      Profile for Sonuis   Email Sonuis   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm doing Stats right now. According to my teacher, the AP Stats test became much harder after `90 something. Apparently there were too many people passing it. He has a story of a teacher he knew who taught AP Stats. 2 Years in a row, the teacher's entire class got 5's.

Oh, next year I'll do AP Humanities, and maybe AP Calc AB/BC. AP Humanities I've heard is really easy to do, and it's merely just a load of essay writing. AP Calc AB/BC depends for me on if it's an A-B Schedule. If it is an A-B Schedule, then I'm in for the second easiest math course (homework wise) ever.

ceoalex316
Member # 338

posted 05-02-2003 09:25 PM      Profile for ceoalex316     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pkthunder:
What were you going to school for and what professional exam did you pass?

Also, if that's not what you're doing now, what are you doing now?

I'm guessing he is a lawyer. Which would require a test to pass and some "social savvy." That's what I want to be. Though my problem is the opposite of Thom Burr's, that is I hate studying alone but I don't mind giving a speech in front of people I don't know. I don’t know how anyone can do all that lone studying.
Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 05-07-2003 10:14 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
English Literature, Computer Science AB, Physics C, Chemistry. Took English Language, Government & Politics, Macroeconomics, Calculus BC, US History and Computer Science A last year.

Aren't tests fun.

- - - - -
[insert sig here]

Charmeleon42
Date Rapist
Member # 1066

Member Rated:
posted 05-07-2003 11:31 PM      Profile for Charmeleon42   Author's Homepage   Email Charmeleon42   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They're like 80 dollars a piece...

Rolken's just rolling in the bling bling [Embarrassed]

PS. I raped the english test on tuesday.

From: Mountain Dew Land | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 05-08-2003 12:32 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My Calculus II final is tomorrow, I spent like 4-6 hours preparin for that damn thing today...
Mentar the Malady Monkey
worst username ever
Member # 1182

Member Rated:
posted 05-08-2003 12:40 AM      Profile for Mentar the Malady Monkey   Email Mentar the Malady Monkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Calc AB tomorrow. Anyone know if it's usualy easy?

- - - - -
WHAT.

kikered
Farting Nudist
Member # 830

Member Rated:
posted 05-09-2003 09:41 AM      Profile for kikered   Email kikered   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Calculus AB got OWNED. XD

Although I realized after turning in the multiple choice that Riemann's sums were the *RAM stuff that we learned. x_x That makes at least two multiple choice wrong...

Face
I invented cancer.
Member # 1916

Member Rated:
posted 05-09-2003 12:02 PM      Profile for Face   Author's Homepage   Email Face   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've never taken an AP class in my life.

- - - - -
Weezing!

From: Hackensack, nj | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
IceHawk78
NOBODY IMPORTANT
Member # 1699

Member Rated:
posted 05-09-2003 03:01 PM      Profile for IceHawk78   Author's Homepage   Email IceHawk78   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kikered:
Calculus AB got OWNED. XD

Although I realized after turning in the multiple choice that Riemann's sums were the *RAM stuff that we learned. x_x That makes at least two multiple choice wrong...

Dude, the Multiple Guess questions weren't too bad. But when you have to leave about half the free response questions blank... That's bad.
JohtoMaster
Farting Nudist
Member # 1023

Member Rated:
posted 05-09-2003 03:04 PM      Profile for JohtoMaster   Author's Homepage   Email JohtoMaster   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To the people who took the English Language:

What the fuck was up with that Bird prompt? And the Liberal Knowledge selection? I was hoping for a 5, now I am not so sure...

- - - - -
Oh, and it's not "newbies", it's "proles". Nothing wrong with being new to the game if you're not stuck in the working classes. Hey, if we're going to be elitist, may as well go the whole hog and refer to the idiots as a lower social rank... - CatGonk at SoaG

From: Valparaiso, IN, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
J Man Cool
Farting Nudist
Member # 2099

Member Rated:
posted 05-09-2003 09:59 PM      Profile for J Man Cool   Email J Man Cool   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*will trade anyone here schools*

Due to them dropping AP calculus at hick central ._.;; this year and with no dual enrollment, i'll have to take College Calculus in "Kentucky Virtual high school" for my Sophomore year. Whee hoo ._.;;

- - - - -
bagels

Mentar the Malady Monkey
worst username ever
Member # 1182

Member Rated:
posted 05-10-2003 02:50 AM      Profile for Mentar the Malady Monkey   Email Mentar the Malady Monkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, on Calc AB the multi choice were easy (answered all of them, got at least 90% right). Insultingly easy. Which made it doubly depressing when I found out the free response was like a steel-toed boot to the crotch. A spiked steel-toed boot. With syphilis.
DrFuko
Farting Nudist
Member # 2176

Member Rated:
posted 05-10-2003 03:04 AM      Profile for DrFuko   Email DrFuko   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jesus, what did I take? English Comp, Calculus AB, Chemistry, Spanish, Biology. Got a 3, 4, 3, 5, 5, respectively.

Would have given more effort, but once I figured that I'd end up in Mexico anyways and the exams would be worth jack shit, I stopped taking AP after my Junior year. How I got a 5 instead of a 3 in Bio but a 3 in Chem instead of a 5 is a lingering mystery that haunts me to this day.

- - - - -
Noone expects.... THE SPANISH INQUISITION!!!

From: Monterrey, Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
gruco
I am Ian Garvey's lovechild.
Member # 1645

Member Rated:
posted 05-10-2003 05:08 PM      Profile for gruco        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I took BC Calc, Chem, Euro History, US History, English Literature and Spanish. 5, 5, 5, 5, 3, 3.

Saved me a lot of time freshman year, though I do wish I passed out of Spanish.

I wish my high school offered an AP Econ and Psych program, I woulda been all over those, but it was fun to take those in college anyways. Thom's post almost makes me glad for that, in a way. I never really considered how heavy the downside of the APs could be...

EN-
quote:
those AP history exams are no joke sometimes, and DBQ's are really really annoying. anyone know what the point of those were? cuz i kinda haven't had to use them in any college course yet.
From what I understand, it's to test your ability to interpret outside sources, and apply them contextually, rather than just recite facts. It seems inda strange to expect that from that level though. I've never had to do anything quite like that in college either really, though, it's a pretty common thing for history majors.
CHaRiZaRd
Farting Nudist
Member # 994

Member Rated:
posted 05-10-2003 08:43 PM      Profile for CHaRiZaRd   Author's Homepage   Email CHaRiZaRd   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Took AP US History last year. As much as I freaking hated that crap, I pulled off a 4 without studying. Bullshit at its finest work in the essay portion.

Took Calc AB two days ago. Those damn Free responses were a bit tough. I had to leave one blank because, um.... I never learned anything like that before in my life. Multiple choice was fine.

Chemistry on tuesday. =|

I have to study.

EspeonNidoking
warcraft 3
Member # 2028

posted 05-10-2003 08:50 PM      Profile for EspeonNidoking   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
almost done with oratory bro. [Smile]

- - - - -
"Yeah, my pubic hair has dollar signs trimmed in it!

$$Bling Bling$$" ~Jman

From: Summit,New Jersey, Tampa, Fl, and Rindge, NH | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Muffin King
Farting Nudist
Member # 2240

Member Rated:
posted 05-10-2003 08:52 PM      Profile for The Muffin King   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You guys have it easy. I have to take the HSA exams!
Mentar the Malady Monkey
worst username ever
Member # 1182

Member Rated:
posted 05-11-2003 10:25 PM      Profile for Mentar the Malady Monkey   Email Mentar the Malady Monkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey guys, given that I have a solid background in physics, understand kinematics, thermodynamics, circuits, gravitation and the nuclear stuff, but haven't actually learned much else this year in AP Phys... how fucked am I on the Phys B test?

(For reference, I tend to get 50% or higher on the multiple choice and about 50% on the free response, as well.)

[ 05-11-2003, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: Mentar the Malady Monkey ]

- - - - -
WHAT.

ceoalex316
Member # 338

posted 05-12-2003 05:12 PM      Profile for ceoalex316     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well I just got back from taking the Physics B test. Fuck that was a long test. The lens question on the free response pissed me off, because there was no math in it.

- - - - -
Maximum Penetration Industries.

TeLeFonE
X-treme rotary telephone
Member # 2293

Member Rated:
posted 05-12-2003 07:16 PM      Profile for TeLeFonE   Email TeLeFonE   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I tore shit up on AP Bio. Hells yeah.

The first essay pissed me off, though, since I forgot all about chi-squared and shit. And the last essay asked about the importance of death.. wtf? That was an easy one to BS, though.

- - - - -
fuck this username is gay

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 05-12-2003 07:51 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wish my school'd kept more AP curriculum, just got raped by the IB Higher Level Math exam... hammered the AP Eng Lit test last week though, and shouldn't have any trouble with the AP US Gov or IB Comp Sci tests this week either...
From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wizzymoto
Farting Nudist
Member # 60

Member Rated:
posted 05-12-2003 11:09 PM      Profile for Wizzymoto   Email Wizzymoto   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you took the Phys B one.

Did not that railgun question piss the shit out of you?

From: Irvine, CA, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mentar the Malady Monkey
worst username ever
Member # 1182

Member Rated:
posted 05-13-2003 12:29 AM      Profile for Mentar the Malady Monkey   Email Mentar the Malady Monkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I saw it, knew it was about magnetics, and skipped it.

- - - - -
WHAT.

Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 05-13-2003 09:35 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No more tests for me. Thank God.

If y'all think B sucked, be thankful you didn't take C.

- - - - -
[insert sig here]

AnnieKat
Suicidal Failure
Member # 3202

Member Rated:
posted 05-13-2003 10:31 PM      Profile for AnnieKat   Author's Homepage   Email AnnieKat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Gov tomorrow, Econ the next day. >.<

- - - - -
aתּņĩềκẢ†~ nθW |’m @ r33| ķıťŧŷ

Anthrax, will you marry me?

From: Anthrax's Love Nest | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mentar the Malady Monkey
worst username ever
Member # 1182

Member Rated:
posted 05-14-2003 01:27 AM      Profile for Mentar the Malady Monkey   Email Mentar the Malady Monkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Human Geography Friday.
Dweedle
My hands and feet are mangos
Member # 1209

Member Rated:
posted 05-14-2003 02:02 AM      Profile for Dweedle   Email Dweedle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey guys my last college exam was on Friday the 9th. I'm on summer vacation right now.

- - - - -
the only way to get pass this will be to commit suicune

From: second of all, Quagmire's not really a bad guy! | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.