The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » The Courtyard   » Karp Park   » GCN Metal Gear Solid box art revealed.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GCN Metal Gear Solid box art revealed.
ReturnofNumeroUno
Farting Nudist
Member # 476

Member Rated:
posted 03-02-2003 07:38 PM      Profile for ReturnofNumeroUno   Email ReturnofNumeroUno   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

- - - - -
Ich Liebe NintendoLover

From: Pembroke Pines Florida | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Fenix
I live in a public bathroom.
Member # 2371

Member Rated:
posted 03-02-2003 07:40 PM      Profile for Fenix   Author's Homepage   Email Fenix   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"Gamecube is for kids" = "Xbox is huge".

- - - - -
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery

From: The Homeworld, Aiur | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dav1dL
Farting Nudist
Member # 2046

Member Rated:
posted 03-02-2003 07:42 PM      Profile for Dav1dL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
lol Gamecube is pink

- - - - -
Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Bowser
I'm such a moron that I keep an axe behind me at all times.
Member # 2037

Member Rated:
posted 03-02-2003 07:44 PM      Profile for Bowser   Email Bowser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
lol this is like my fifth time seeing that boxart. (I think) bleutuna of the IGNBoards created it, then it went on to the Gaming-Age Forums, and now it's residing here, at AH.
From: My mommy's uterus | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Manuel Calavera
Sock Lover
Member # 1202

Member Rated:
posted 03-03-2003 03:56 AM      Profile for Manuel Calavera     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WOW THAT'S REALLY FUNNY LENNY BRUCE MUST BE SPINNING IN HIS GRAVE

- - - - -
Gates is the Saddam Hussein of the consumer technology world. ~ Mr.K

From: Newcastle, Home of Geordies, Brown Ale and The Wildhearts | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Fluorine
SMELLY BUTT
Member # 2904

Member Rated:
posted 03-03-2003 11:43 AM      Profile for Fluorine     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh so you get to shoot kids?

That's pretty hardcore.

Lunair
Farting Nudist
Member # 681

Member Rated:
posted 03-03-2003 10:12 PM      Profile for Lunair     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
lol xbox is huge wtf
From: United Union of Onions | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 03-04-2003 12:55 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't really care about the geek humor, but

quote:
WOW THAT'S REALLY FUNNY LENNY BRUCE MUST BE SPINNING IN HIS GRAVE
got a smile out of me.
From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Anthrax
Ultimate Authoritative Power in the Universe
Member # 335

Member Rated:
posted 03-04-2003 01:19 AM      Profile for Anthrax   Author's Homepage   Email Anthrax   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't really understand why it's supposed to be funny.

Yeah GameCube is supposed to be a kiddy system, but doesn't having Metal Gear Solid in it's library disprove that? Basically all I can get from the picture is "hey we're making fun of the kiddy system having a mature game by pointing out that all the games on the system are for kids" which doesn't really make that much sense. Unless I'm missing something.

Or unless MGS isn't really coming to the GameCube. I don't follow gaming news.

From: Somebody put shit in my pants! | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bowser
Member # 2037

Member Rated:
posted 03-04-2003 05:45 AM      Profile for Bowser   Email Bowser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Anthrax:
I don't really understand why it's supposed to be funny.

Yeah GameCube is supposed to be a kiddy system, but doesn't having Metal Gear Solid in it's library disprove that? Basically all I can get from the picture is "hey we're making fun of the kiddy system having a mature game by pointing out that all the games on the system are for kids" which doesn't really make that much sense. Unless I'm missing something.

Or unless MGS isn't really coming to the GameCube. I don't follow gaming news.

It's because all Konami has given GCN is Disney Sports games, and Kojima kept on saying how the GCN is an inappropriate platform for MGS. So someone was like, "Hey, Konami will find a way to make MGS kiddy too!" and as a joke, made the boxart.
stinky cheese man
Farting Nudist
Member # 455

Member Rated:
posted 03-04-2003 01:18 PM      Profile for stinky cheese man     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wasn't Resident Evil remade for GC? If GC was such a kiddie system I don't think it would have that gorefest of a game. The market for mature oriented games is as good as ever IMO. I think Nintendo will need a larger variety of mature games if they want to stay competitive in the gaming industry.

hmmmm funny picture...

- - - - -
Thwart my deadly hamster so I can shuffle my burnt underpants.

From: a world of perfection | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dav1dL
Farting Nudist
Member # 2046

Member Rated:
posted 03-06-2003 04:40 PM      Profile for Dav1dL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

- - - - -
Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 03-06-2003 04:48 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lunair:
lol xbox is huge wtf

Why couldn't the Xbox cross the road?

Because XBOX IS TEH ROAD LOL

omg i ripped gamefaqs off kill me now

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Manuel Calavera
Sock Lover
Member # 1202

Member Rated:
posted 03-06-2003 05:15 PM      Profile for Manuel Calavera     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nintendo of Europe's going into overdrive now. They're advertising two different products! It must be a fake. Check the GBA SP European page - it's actually rather good.

http://www.nintendo-europe.com/gameboyadvancesp/?lang=en&country=GB

quote:
Originally posted by Donald:
quote:
Originally posted by Lunair:
lol xbox is huge wtf

Why couldn't the Xbox cross the road?

Because XBOX IS TEH ROAD LOL

omg i ripped gamefaqs off kill me now

That's actually funny.

- - - - -

From: Newcastle, Home of Geordies, Brown Ale and The Wildhearts | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bowser
Member # 2037

Member Rated:
posted 03-06-2003 05:18 PM      Profile for Bowser   Email Bowser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

[ 03-06-2003, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: Bowser ]

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 03-06-2003 05:25 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, NoE has balls.

Why can't NoA be more like NoE.
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 03-06-2003 05:28 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The GBA ads had this girl straddling a guy and all sorts of bouncing and stuff. Pretty European, that's for sure.

I liked those ads cause they were goofy. These kinda strike a bad note with me, don't know why.

- - - - -
Subject: Ninja and Opensource

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Manuel Calavera
Sock Lover
Member # 1202

Member Rated:
posted 03-06-2003 05:30 PM      Profile for Manuel Calavera     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Uiru:
Why can't NoA be more like NoE.

That's probably the first and last time I'll ever hear that. Any other Europeans here will agree.

- - - - -

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.