The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » Best way to make money in Colosseum?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Best way to make money in Colosseum?
Bugcatcher Ed
Farting Nudist
Member # 3289

Member Rated:
posted 02-03-2005 04:32 PM      Profile for Bugcatcher Ed     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm about to go into the sequence where you can final confront the big boss, and along the way can catch a miltank, etc. I'm trying to get enough money for ultraballs, timer balls, etc. Any suggestions for the best way to make money at this point in the game? Also, am I correct in assuming I won't get any breaks to resupply between the battle with Bodybuilder Jonas and the battle with Cipher Head Evice? I'm not looking forward to trying to fight 6 successive battle without missing a shadow pokemon capture, and where the battle has to be re-started if the fourth or last pokemon is male.
Dark_Togetic
Farting Nudist
Member # 3418

Member Rated:
posted 02-04-2005 01:24 AM      Profile for Dark_Togetic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I guess the best way to get money would be going into The Under Colosseum... You get about 8000 PokéDollars per challenge won, if I remember correctly. It takes about 15 minutes to complete each challenge.

Also, yes, you don't get a break between each battle in the Tower Colosseum. Trying to get a female, or a Pokémon with an appropiate nature there is very difficult... And frustrating. I guess I have to say I'm very lucky for capturing an Adamant Metagross from Cipher Nascour.

Your Pokémon will be automagically healed before the 5th and 6th battle.

Ah, yes, if you visit the Tower Colosseum after you've finished the game, you can fight those 6 trainers again, along with any Shadow Pokémon they have (and you haven't snagged yet), if that's of any help to you.

I *think* the game will allow you to battle every trainer with a Shadow Pokémon for as many times as it gets you to snag it, with the exception of Togetic (Yay for me ^-^), but I still have to test that...

Bugcatcher Ed
Farting Nudist
Member # 3289

Member Rated:
posted 02-04-2005 12:54 PM      Profile for Bugcatcher Ed     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, now that I've found out about the master ball trick, I may sell all my ultraballs, timer balls, etc. and buy a few pokeballs instead. That should get me a few pokebucks back.
pika
Farting Nudist
Member # 1908

Member Rated:
posted 02-04-2005 03:12 PM      Profile for pika   Author's Homepage   Email pika   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
masterball trick?

- - - - -
"PIKA OF ALL PEOPLE IS THE BIGGEST TWO-FACED ASSHOLE HERE. AS HE ALREADY DEMONSTRATED HE SAID THAT THERE IS A WAY TO MAX OUT ALL STATS COMPLETELY ABOVE 510. WELL DUH...! HOW WOULD HE KNOW THAT IF HE DIDN'T HACK IT HIMSELF?! LOL! PATHETIC!"
TIDUSBLITZABESX

Bugcatcher Ed
Farting Nudist
Member # 3289

Member Rated:
posted 02-04-2005 04:42 PM      Profile for Bugcatcher Ed     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, after years of rumored tricks along the lines of "Throw a pokeball, then, just before it rocks, press B and Start and cross your eyes and stick out your tongue and yell "Shazaam!", and your pokeball will work just like a masterball, if you get the timing just right", there actually appears to be a trick that works. To do this, you must have at least two kinds of balls in Pokemon Colosseum. I've only heard of the trick being used with Masterballs, but I assume it would work with any two kinds of balls. When a shadow pokemon comes out, select "Items" on your first pokemon, then use the ball with the highest capture rate. Then select "Items" on your second pokemon, and use x or y to move the ball you used to a different slot. Cancel out, and do whatever you really want your second pokemon to do. The game will attempt to snag the shadow pokemon with the ball you initially selected, without depleting your stock of it. I found out about this yesterday, and tried it out last night. I picked a fight with Bodybuilder Jonas. I ko'd her first pokemon (at the cost of my murkrow, I'm not really ready for this fight). She pulled out her miltank. I used my masterball with my first pokemon. With my second, I switched the masterball with my ultraballs, then attacked. The snag machine showed a masterball going in, and caught the miltank. Next turn, I checked my pokeballs, and I still had a masterball. Furthermore, I still had the same # of ultraballs, unless I miscounted them initially. Then I turned off the game. It would be interesting to see what kind of ball the game says the pokemon is in afterwards.
Dark_Togetic
Farting Nudist
Member # 3418

Member Rated:
posted 02-05-2005 07:34 PM      Profile for Dark_Togetic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ah yes, or you could use the Unlimited Master Ball trick. Sorry, forgot about that one. ^-^'

I'm sure you can use the same trick with any kind of Poké Ball that you only have 1 in stock, and another with 2 or more. The snag animation shows the Poké Ball selected at the beginning, so I guess that's the kind of item it will display in the Pokémon's data. >.>

Bugcatcher Ed
Farting Nudist
Member # 3289

Member Rated:
posted 02-10-2005 11:46 AM      Profile for Bugcatcher Ed     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No apologies needed, I still need money. I'd really like to vitamin up some of my pokemon first. I had been fighting in the Under Colosseum, but I was getting about $1,000 less each time I fought, so I'm going around to other colosseums. Has anyone else had this experience, where repeated battles at the same place seem to reduce the prize?

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.