The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » FR/LG a breakthru for dreameater?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FR/LG a breakthru for dreameater?
Bugcatcher Ed
Farting Nudist
Member # 3289

Member Rated:
posted 10-25-2004 12:44 PM      Profile for Bugcatcher Ed     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Am I mistaken, or are Fire Red and Leaf Green the first time in pokemon history where the pokemon with the most accurate sleep move could also learn dreameater?
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 10-25-2004 01:23 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Are you saying Parasect (which knows Spore which is approximately 99.985% guaranteed to work under normal situatations) can also learn teh dream eater!11!1!1!!?

edit: it may very well be the first time, if you ignore smeargle from GSC.

[ 10-25-2004, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: MK ]

- - - - -
even my mother thinks i'm an idiot

Bugcatcher Ed
Farting Nudist
Member # 3289

Member Rated:
posted 10-25-2004 02:40 PM      Profile for Bugcatcher Ed     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sadly, no. I'd love it if paras/parasect could learn dream eater. Spore is no longer the most accurate sleep-inducing move, though. That honor now belongs to sleep powder, at least under the right circumstances. The circumstance I have in mind is use by butterfree, whose compound eyes ability makes sleep powder approximately 105% accurate.
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 10-25-2004 02:46 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's .75 + (.75 * 3), not .75 + (1 * .3). So it's 97.5% accurate.

And Smeargle could learn Spore and Dream Eater going back to GSC. It's just that nobody bothered because Smeargle blows. [Smile]

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bugcatcher Ed
Farting Nudist
Member # 3289

Member Rated:
posted 10-25-2004 04:45 PM      Profile for Bugcatcher Ed     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, I'd overlooked smeargle. And I'd misinterpreted the 30%, so I guess it's not the record-breaking event I'd thought. Still, I think butterfree, with base speed of 70 and base sp att of 80, will make better use of the sleep powder (97.5% acc)/dream eater combo than smeargle, with its base sp att of 20, even if its base speed (75) is a touch higher. Quick Claw seems to be a good idea in either case, when I finally get one in FR.

I really wish it had +30% instead of *130%. At 100% accuracy, flash is no suckier than smokescreen. However, at 91%, it's a lot worse. Still makes butterfree one of the better pokemon to inflict it on.

My thanks to MK & Donald for reminding me about smeargle, and my especial thanks to MK for pointing out the error in my formula.

PikachuThunder
Farting Nudist
Member # 22

Member Rated:
posted 10-25-2004 07:40 PM      Profile for PikachuThunder        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Slowbro, Slowking, Dunsparce, Swalot and Chimecho learn a 100% accurate Sleep-causing move and Dream Eater. You'll just have to wait a turn, though, since the move in question is Yawn.
Don't Run With Scizors
Farting Nudist
Member # 2920

Member Rated:
posted 10-25-2004 09:05 PM      Profile for Don't Run With Scizors     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Meh.

Dream Eater was more useful back in GSC where everybody RestBelled and there were usually enough Pokemon sleeping that even Alakazam was an effective Dream Eater.

Bugcatcher Ed
Farting Nudist
Member # 3289

Member Rated:
posted 10-25-2004 10:42 PM      Profile for Bugcatcher Ed     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I suppose a tough enough yawning dream eater would at least be good for encouraging juggling.
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 10-25-2004 10:58 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I saw Butterfree's Sleep Powder miss twice in ten minutes once. I nearly cried. But that's because prior to that, I had only seen it miss twice ever. [Big Grin] Butterfree is a God damn machine!... as long as it doesn't get hit.

Fuck you, Venomoth. [Big Grin]

*has a Butterfree with 31 SP DV and Speed-boosting personality* Hmm.
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.