The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » Gotta catch 1500 of 'em

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gotta catch 1500 of 'em
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 09-02-2004 02:49 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I got Pokemon Box today (No way to transfer items? No Dodrio mode? That sucks.) and now I need to get the gift Pokemon.

Do I actually have to fill up all the boxes with 1,500 Pokemon at once to get all the prizes? Is it enough to transfer enough Pokemon to Box and then back so that 1,500 different Pokemon have been there at some point? Any chance I could just transfer the same Pokemon back and forth a whole bunch of times?

- - - - -
"Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula?"
-- Barack Obama, campaigning in Iowa

Cullen
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3547

Member Rated:
posted 09-02-2004 03:52 AM      Profile for Cullen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nope you need 1499 actually in the boxes before you get the Surfing Pichu. Oh and all the pokemon have to have the same ID number (which is the thing that sucks the most).

My friend came up with a method of getting more than one Pichu using two pokemon box saves. He got all 1499 necessary, got his Pichu, then transfered them over to the other box save, hoping to get another Pichu. Unfortunately Box seems to mark your cartridge when you receive an egg meaning you can't get it again from another Box.

The lack of an item box is possibly the worst thing about Box. Having a TM pool from all your cartridges was very helpful on stadium. Between Box and Colosseum we seem to have lost a large amount of features from the Stadium games, and gained very little besides a medicore RPG mode.

From: Newcastle, England | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 09-02-2004 04:55 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh and all the pokemon have to have the same ID number

Whaaa? Do you know this for sure, or is it just a rumour you heard somewhere?

Ferquin
Farting Nudist
Member # 3269

Member Rated:
posted 09-03-2004 01:15 AM      Profile for Ferquin   Author's Homepage   Email Ferquin   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think it's true. I had Pokémon saved from both my Ruby and Sapphire games and I've only got one Extremespeed Zigzagoon to show for it (for my Ruby game). I only have a teeny bit of Sapphire Pokémon in the Box and all I have is the False Swipe Swablu.

- - - - -
Ferquin N.C. Root
The Ferquinarium

From: Renton, WA, USA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cullen
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3547

Member Rated:
posted 09-03-2004 05:19 AM      Profile for Cullen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by White Cat:
Oh and all the pokemon have to have the same ID number

Whaaa? Do you know this for sure, or is it just a rumour you heard somewhere?

I've not confirmed it personally, but have heard from many people that this is the case. There are numerous posts on boards like serebii.net where people ask why they haven't got their Pichu and the most common cause is having mixed id's in their box.

Plus, as Ferquin says, that's what happens for the other eggs.

Cullen
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3547

Member Rated:
posted 09-03-2004 05:45 AM      Profile for Cullen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually, just reading the current posts on the seribii forums some people are claiming the pokemon just need to be from the same cartridge but needn't necessarily have the same ID number, so traded pokemon would be ok.

If that were true it would mean that box must write a count of the number of pokemon deposited in a box to the cartridge itself. This would explain why you don't get repeat eggs from separate Box saves. I wonder if it subtracts from the count when you withdraw from Box? If not then it would certainly be possible to just, say, deposit and withraw the same 60 pokes 24 times, like you suggested. I think this needs some testing.

Fantastic, I've just unanswered the question. Sorry White Cat!

pika
Farting Nudist
Member # 1908

Member Rated:
posted 09-03-2004 07:35 AM      Profile for pika   Author's Homepage   Email pika   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
serebii forum mebers have the tendency to be jerks.

Same CART but different ID numbers? Sounds weired. It really does.

- - - - -
"PIKA OF ALL PEOPLE IS THE BIGGEST TWO-FACED ASSHOLE HERE. AS HE ALREADY DEMONSTRATED HE SAID THAT THERE IS A WAY TO MAX OUT ALL STATS COMPLETELY ABOVE 510. WELL DUH...! HOW WOULD HE KNOW THAT IF HE DIDN'T HACK IT HIMSELF?! LOL! PATHETIC!"
TIDUSBLITZABESX

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 09-03-2004 11:39 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know I've done this song and dance before, but I'll say it again anyway:

If anyone can create save data files of these rare pkmn, be it through the use of a USB Memory Card for the Gamecube, the PSO backdoor, or the AR Gameboy Save Backup, let me know and I'll host em...

I have just a few so far if they're of any use to anybody...

http://www.geocities.com/gcintelligence/gcipmemain.html

My main goal would be to someday have it where all the rare and exclusive pkmn were available as saves. Especially the Japanese Celebi, which BTW is tradeable to a USA cart...

Oh well, I'm done rambling... if anyone wants to submit anything for the greater good let me know...

- - - - -
even my mother thinks i'm an idiot

Rudoku
Farting Nudist
Member # 3451

Member Rated:
posted 09-03-2004 02:51 PM      Profile for Rudoku     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pika:
serebii forum mebers have the tendency to be idiots.

Same CART but different ID numbers? Sounds weired. It really does.

Fixed.
But it's true, as I put many pokemon with different IDs, and have gotten to the Extremespeed Zigzagoon.

[ 09-03-2004, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: Rudoku ]

- - - - -
Oro?

White Cat
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 09-07-2004 02:30 PM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmm. After messing around with it for awhile, I think they may indeed have to be all the same ID number.

When I first got Box, I hooked up Sapphire (my "supplementary" game which I restart when I'm stocking up on TMs and such), got the Swablu egg, and transferred some Pokemon over.

Today, I hooked up Ruby (my main game, where almost all my Pokemon are), got another Swablu, and transferred more Pokemon (with a variety of ID numbers) over so I had 60 in the boxes. Nothing happened. (BTW, you get the egg as soon as you go back to Brigette's room; you don't have to save or anything.) I added more Pokemon so that I had transferred 60 just from Ruby. Nothing. I took all the Pokemon I had originally transferred from Sapphire and moved them to Ruby, so that Box had nothing but 60+ Ruby-source Pokemon. Still nothing. I removed some Pokemon and added them back in case I needed to re-pass the 60 trigger point. Yet again, nothing.

Next, I moved all my Box Pokemon back to Ruby and deleted my Box save file from the GameCube memory card. Starting over, I made a new Box save file, hooked up Ruby (no Swablu this time; I guess you can only get one of each gift Pokemon per cartridge) and added 60 Pokemon from Ruby (three of whom had a different ID number). Nope. I added another 60 Ruby Pokemon... and got my Zigzagoon egg.

Unfortunately, I added the second set of 60 Pokemon all at once, so I didn't find out whether I would have gotten the egg after adding just three more Pokemon of the same ID, which would have proved that it's based on ID numbers.

Rudoku, when you got your Zigzagoon on a Box file with mixed IDs, did you have at least 60 of one ID?

[ 09-07-2004, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: White Cat ]

- - - - -
"Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula?"
-- Barack Obama, campaigning in Iowa

Rudoku
Farting Nudist
Member # 3451

Member Rated:
posted 09-07-2004 04:46 PM      Profile for Rudoku     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by White Cat:
Rudoku, when you got your Zigzagoon on a Box file with mixed IDs, did you have at least 60 of one ID?

Probably. I dumped a shitload on my box, and it's the Japanese version. Then again, I noticed that if you put them back on the cart, the pokemon's tameness doesn't reset.

[ 09-07-2004, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: Rudoku ]

- - - - -
Oro?

Ferquin
Farting Nudist
Member # 3269

Member Rated:
posted 09-08-2004 05:38 PM      Profile for Ferquin   Author's Homepage   Email Ferquin   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I love that they don't change the tameness anymore. It annoyed the hell out of me that they would revert back when you put them in the box. I was trying to figure out a way to trade without ruining tameness, but alas, you can't. Kinda sucks 'cause I want to put Return on a Golem. It's easier to make them happy rather than pissing them off to no end.

- - - - -
Ferquin N.C. Root
The Ferquinarium

From: Renton, WA, USA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
PikachuThunder
Farting Nudist
Member # 22

Member Rated:
posted 10-24-2004 11:29 AM      Profile for PikachuThunder        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just thought of this while trying to corner the market on Clefairy... the fastest way to get 1499 might be to just buy craploads of Abra in LeafGreen. At 120 a pop, you can stock up on 83 of them with each full Coin Case, then reload and do it again and again, visiting Resort Gorgeous and hitting up the sugar-mamas there with the Vs. Seeker while holding the Amulet Coin to replinish the much needed funds.

I'll have to try it eventually... I'm about to restart my LeafGreen to get Squirtle.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.