The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » Pokemon Red/Green remakes?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pokemon Red/Green remakes?
Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 09-05-2003 07:45 PM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
According to serebii.net and some other sites that I can't remember/am too lazy to look up, Nintendo might be planning a remake of Pokemon Red and Green, and they claim it will sell over 2 million copies. It's widely believed that if true, this is how we will be getting the old Chromatic Pokemon, as we've only seen R/S and G/S/C Pokemon in that new Stadium game.

The games are supposedly slated for a late 2003 release.

Discuss.

Edit: Also link

[ 09-05-2003, 07:48 PM: Message edited by: Porygone ]

- - - - -
YOU'RE WINNER!

From: Celadon City Gym | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Fluorine
SMELLY BUTT
Member # 2904

Member Rated:
posted 09-05-2003 07:54 PM      Profile for Fluorine     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is getting sickening.
Thom Burr
Farting Nudist
Member # 1267

Member Rated:
posted 09-05-2003 08:28 PM      Profile for Thom Burr   Email Thom Burr   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's what the Nintendo rep at last week's Eon Ticket Tour stop told me. He swore me to secrecy, but sone the cat's out of the bag, here's what he heard rumored at NoA headquarters...

The R/S version of "Yellow" would be a remake of RB, totally rebuilt and redone to add all the new elements in R/S...Contests, Abilities, Personalities, etc...

He couldn't answer the large majority of the questions I asked him about the various hidden moves and items that we've found built into the game, and said that maybe only ten people in the company knew exactly what they were planning to do with them. And they are probably all at Game Freak and NoJ. But that's what he heard at the Washington state HQ, and he told me that a week before I saw the same rumors elsewhere...

Considering how many little kids still adore Ash and Pikachu, a new and updated GBA RB cart should probably sell better than R/S put together.

- - - - -
This is not a signature.

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 09-06-2003 01:32 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here's what I heard from *my sources* a few months ago...

I kinda wanted to dismiss this, but, I could see how it could be kinda true...

Basically, two new versions of pokemon called pokemon white and pokemon black. I know, that sounds so bizarre, but, my source has some creditability, he was right about one thing that managed to come true that there's almost no way that could have been guesséd...

Now, maybe this white and black was just a tenative title for the game testers out there. It was a while since my informant told me about it, but he said something like it had alot of new features or somethin like that...

Still, take this with a grain of salt...

[ 09-06-2003, 01:33 AM: Message edited by: MK ]

Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 09-06-2003 12:54 PM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, my sources say that there already is a remake of Pokemon Green. It's known as "Pokemon Blue" here. ^_~

Though using that kind of odd logic, English Pokemon Red could also be seen as a "remake".

Ferquin
Farting Nudist
Member # 3269

Member Rated:
posted 09-06-2003 01:56 PM      Profile for Ferquin   Author's Homepage   Email Ferquin   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Woo hoo! I'd totally buy that stuff. I wonder if they'll redo GSC as well. I want my pretty pretty Piloswine up in there. Either way, looks like my Snorlax has a fighting chance!

- - - - -
Ferquin N.C. Root
The Ferquinarium

From: Renton, WA, USA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 09-12-2003 09:30 PM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Their names seem to be confirmed as "Fire Red" and "Leaf Green".

And this is apparently the first screenshot of the game.

- - - - -
YOU'RE WINNER!

SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 09-12-2003 10:34 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Heh. People say that RBY was the best after all. Though this seems kind of... how can I put it... unnecessary?

- - - - -
Pretty de Cure Cure
Futari wa Precure

Ferquin
Farting Nudist
Member # 3269

Member Rated:
posted 09-12-2003 11:11 PM      Profile for Ferquin   Author's Homepage   Email Ferquin   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Feh. I'm still buyin' that sumbitch! I hope they do Yellow too.

I wonder if they'll release it here as green or blue.

- - - - -
Ferquin N.C. Root
The Ferquinarium

Tenshi no Myu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1120

Member Rated:
posted 09-13-2003 05:36 PM      Profile for Tenshi no Myu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
But if they just take the RBY 'story' and make all the pokemon w/the new moves, stats, personalities, etc. It won't be the RBY people talk about when they say 'RBY was the best'. :/

Personally, It makes more sense to me to remake GSC to be compatible with R/S, since it has ALL the other pokes and is longer, gameplay-wise, than RBY.

- - - - -
It hung on with Focus Band!

From: Seattle Below | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 09-13-2003 07:59 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'd buy the damn thing if it will link to the original red and blue and yellow... (If nintendo wanted to this could totally be done)
Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 09-13-2003 09:11 PM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tenshi no Myu:
Personally, It makes more sense to me to remake GSC to be compatible with R/S, since it has ALL the other pokes and is longer, gameplay-wise, than RBY.

A G/S/C remake doesn't seem very likely. Fire Red and Leaf Green are probably how you'll get the R/G/B/Y Pokemon onto Ruby and Sapphire, seeing as I've only seen unobtainable G/S/C Pokemon in the Colosseum screenshots.
Ferquin
Farting Nudist
Member # 3269

Member Rated:
posted 09-14-2003 03:33 PM      Profile for Ferquin   Author's Homepage   Email Ferquin   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bah! The problem with Pokémon you get from Stadium is that they have different IDs and basically means you get a traded Pokémon. I hope that in Colosseum, you get Pokémon that are truly yours, ID and nickname and everything.

In any case, I suspect that eventually, they'll also remake G/S/C farther down the line, maybe releasing it late next year.

- - - - -
Ferquin N.C. Root
The Ferquinarium

Dav1dL
Farting Nudist
Member # 2046

Member Rated:
posted 09-21-2003 07:53 AM      Profile for Dav1dL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Red looks fat.

- - - - -
Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 09-23-2003 03:15 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hope there's a comedy pretty girl option.
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
FlameBait
Farting Nudist
Member # 235

Member Rated:
posted 09-30-2003 05:34 PM      Profile for FlameBait   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm expecting a G/S/C remake later down the line as well, Nintendo is just too much of a gold digger not to do it. =]

About FR/LG, I'm half expecting the pre-evolutions and some other Kanto stuff to be in it that was introduced in G/S/C. Not to mention the gender choice, new features, etc. Whatever happened to the animated Pokémon from Crystal though? I missed that in R/S. I also wanted the ability to let a Pokémon follow me around all the time like Pikachu did in Yellow.

Speaking of Colliseum, though, anyone know if it will be able to read the GBC Pokémon games data? I'd hate to have to leave my old favorites on my Crystal cart forever. I mean hell, I even still have the Charizard I got when I first started my original Blue game. =[

[ 09-30-2003, 05:35 PM: Message edited by: FlameBait ]

- - - - -
"The preceding post may have contained profanity, obscenity, racial slurs, and/or evidence of spamming. By reading this statement, you devoid the right to warn/ban the user based on the above post."

From: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 10-07-2003 12:09 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ok, so let me get this straight.

Not content with merely rehashing the Chromatics as the Metallics and the new Gem series, they had to go and actually work on RERELEASING the Chromatics.

But we still won't have the Metallic monsters. We'll have the Gem monsters and the Chromatic monsters, and still no way of back trading.

This is not what I wanted to hear from the pokemon front. I wanted to hear "...in 3D, on Gamecube" attached to this topic title, because that would be good.

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ferquin
Farting Nudist
Member # 3269

Member Rated:
posted 10-07-2003 12:52 PM      Profile for Ferquin   Author's Homepage   Email Ferquin   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, in the latest Nintendo Power, they mentioned that there's a quest mode, but it's with a completely new character. Don't know how big it is, but it's a step in the right direction.

- - - - -
Ferquin N.C. Root
The Ferquinarium

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 10-10-2003 12:27 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You mean collessium right?

Well, so far Collessium is supposed to have

*a story mode like thing where you fight an evil organization called "Team Snatch" who has Dark Pokémon and you "liberate" the oppressed pkmn...

*It's also supposed to have that 3D capture field...

Ferquin
Farting Nudist
Member # 3269

Member Rated:
posted 10-11-2003 04:52 AM      Profile for Ferquin   Author's Homepage   Email Ferquin   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Colosseum. Like I said, it's a step in the right direction. Now if it were a big full-fledged 3-D RPG on the GameCube, then yeah, that would kick ass.

- - - - -
Ferquin N.C. Root
The Ferquinarium

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 10-15-2003 09:36 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There's a girl trainer in FR/LG, and she's a darling.

Meowth346 has the only image in existance. Duh.

Also: Nintendo seems to hold a patent for "Water Blue". As if nobody expected that. Could RS's third game, which is now a third series, have its own third game? This is marketing to the third power here, kids.

One More Also Stage: He's got 386 Pokémon and he chooses Nosepass to build a site design around. I still don't know why Nosepass exists. Most of the useless filler crap at least A) has marketing value or B) breeds useful moves to useful Pokémon. Oh well. [Big Grin]
~Uiru

[ 10-15-2003, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: Uiru ]

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
veloS
8=D~~O:
Member # 2636

Member Rated:
posted 10-16-2003 09:16 AM      Profile for veloS     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Post pics please (female trainer).

Also, maybe that's why Meowth084576339 chose Ganonpass; because he's so delightfully useless.

And the big N also owns the patents for names like "White Gold". So...

- - - - -
www.mightyrhapsody.com

Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 10-16-2003 10:31 AM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just go to Pokemon Forever and check the update section. He's got the pics in there.

I'm still betting that Water Blue is just going to be our version of Leaf Green.

- - - - -
YOU'RE WINNER!

~Steel Arcanine~
Farting Nudist
Member # 1642

Member Rated:
posted 10-16-2003 06:36 PM      Profile for ~Steel Arcanine~   Author's Homepage   Email ~Steel Arcanine~   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And you weren't expecting something like this from Nintendo? It does look pretty cool tho...
MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 10-18-2003 11:37 PM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dav1dL:

Red looks fat.

MARIO!
From: Abyss of Evil | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tenshi no Myu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1120

Member Rated:
posted 10-18-2003 11:48 PM      Profile for Tenshi no Myu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Meowth's got pictures of both (male and female) trainers at Pokefor...and the boy's not Red/Ash/Satoshi.

So I guess its more like it takes place in the same region as R/B/Y, but the plot will be different.

- - - - -
It hung on with Focus Band!

From: Seattle Below | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 10-22-2003 09:57 AM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There was also recently an anime special in Japan about a boy who was just starting out as a Pokemon Trainer in Pallet. His name is Hajime, and he has a Bulbasaur.

AKU!

SOKU!

ZAN!

Edit: Also, the new female trainer is super cute. Not Marina cute, or even close to Erika, but cute.

[ 10-22-2003, 10:01 AM: Message edited by: SDShamshel ]

Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 10-22-2003 09:48 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Come on, they could have at least made you not start in the same house and be uber gay about it. Maybe even a different city for a change of pace.
LanderZRPG
Got a whale of a tale to tell ya, lads!
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 11-12-2003 11:59 PM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh, I just noticed: http://gamefaqs.com/portable/gbcolor/data/28397.html
Diamond pics... wow. Looks really fake. Natsume made it? Looks like a Zelda ripoff to me...

- - - - -
From what we've learned, it seems like you'd prefer girls dressed in ant costumes or something... -Kazuki (Regarding tl;dr)

Owner of the Power Advantage DBZ RPG
(www.poweradvantage.net)

From: High Prairie, AB, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 11-13-2003 01:21 PM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Someone's even created a walkthrough for that fake.

Is it a completely different game that he's claiming is Pokemon?

Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 11-13-2003 04:08 PM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's a real game. A piracy group in China altered it to make it look like a Pokemon game so they could get money from stupid people.

The original game is called "Keitai Denjuu Telefang" and, like Pokemon, it's a monster training/battling game. I believe there's a sequel for GBA.

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 02-23-2004 11:23 AM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Uiru:
One More Also Stage: He's got 386 Pokémon and he chooses Nosepass to build a site design around. I still don't know why Nosepass exists. Most of the useless filler crap at least A) has marketing value or B) breeds useful moves to useful Pokémon. Oh well. [Big Grin]
~Uiru

I just leveled up a Nosepass so my Golem could have Rock Slide again.

Do I win?

[ 02-23-2004, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: Donald ]

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.