The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » battle tower lol

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: battle tower lol
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-15-2003 11:30 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It was my Slaking against a Kadabra in the level 50 Battle Tower...

The Kadabra used SKILL SWAP

I was like "LOL U IDIOT!"

Maybe you had to have been there, it was awesome...

TeLeFonE
X-treme rotary telephone
Member # 2293

Member Rated:
posted 08-16-2003 02:01 AM      Profile for TeLeFonE   Email TeLeFonE   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
um.. yeah.

- - - - -
fuck this username is gay

Thom Burr
Farting Nudist
Member # 1267

Member Rated:
posted 08-16-2003 03:52 AM      Profile for Thom Burr   Email Thom Burr   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A poster by the name of Larvi on Gamefaqs has actually nailed 504 straight wins on L50. A quick search on the R/S board for "504" will turn up his team...Slaking (no choice band, wide moveset), Dusclops, and Registeel. After I promped him, he explained how the strategy worked, and I was impressed.

On the other hand, he mentioned he hadn't worked a Lati@s into the team, because he'd just gotten access to them via the eon ticket...He had a picture to prove it and sounded completely legit. Worth checking out.

- - - - -
This is not a signature.

TeLeFonE
X-treme rotary telephone
Member # 2293

Member Rated:
posted 08-16-2003 05:25 PM      Profile for TeLeFonE   Email TeLeFonE   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually, what he's got is quite interesting. It makes complete sense once he explains it in the post, but a quick glance leaves you wondering: "how did that work so well?"

The picture looks legit enough, but his explanations clinch it pretty well.

Pretty amazing and quite different from the blitzing that I generally do in battle tower.

- - - - -
fuck this username is gay

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-17-2003 01:15 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
took me "long" time to find the topic so here it is for everyone else...

http://s1.cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.asp?board=32745&topic=9512301

Tenshi no Myu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1120

Member Rated:
posted 08-17-2003 05:30 PM      Profile for Tenshi no Myu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow, cool link. Impressive strategy too, it makes me look forward to starting the Battle Tower myself ^.^

- - - - -
It hung on with Focus Band!

From: Seattle Below | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-17-2003 05:39 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It happened some more, I was fighting some ghost pkmn in battle tower and she used skill swap, I had just switched my slaking into battle and he hadn't attacked yet.

I got to use Earthquake over and over and over without waiting, it felt awesome...

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 08-17-2003 11:44 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The team (purge protection):

Slaking@Lum Berry
Hyper Beam
Earthquake
Shadow Ball
Slack Off

Dusclops@Chesto Berry
Confuse Ray
Will-o-Wisp
Rest
Curse

Registeel@Leftovers
Amnesia
Iron Defense
Toxic
Earthquake

quote:
My Slaking has a Brave nature. Adamant would have been a much better choice but this one had such good IV's that I kept it. I put the EV's into Attack (a must) and Speed (to compensate for the Brave nature). If you get one with Adamant, I would go with Attack and SpDef for the EV's

Dusclops has a Relaxed nature, and I put the EV's into HP and SpDef since the relaxed nature increases the def. For the moveset that I have you can go with any nature that increases Def or SpDef and decreases Speed, Att or SpAtt. Then put the EV's into HP and either Def/SpDef whichever you nature doesn't help

Registeel has a Serious nature again I would have prefered something like Impish or Careful, but after catching 9 of them I settled for one with good IV's again and a neutral nature. For him I put max EV's into SpDef then split between Def and HP for the rest.

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Thom Burr
Farting Nudist
Member # 1267

Member Rated:
posted 09-04-2003 09:37 PM      Profile for Thom Burr   Email Thom Burr   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thank goodness Donald archived the team, otherwise I would have spent the last week scrambling around searching for it...Larvi hasn't been in the BT lately (he's still at 504--must have more of a life than I originally assumed, heh heh...), but he did add these notes on BT opponents, which helped me hugely today...

"I'm a big fan of using Tank pokemon and letting status effects (toxic or burn) do the kills in the BT. I started with one tank on my team (Registeel) then added Dusclops later. I would love to try out shuckle when it becomes available.

To make it much past 50 in a row you are going to have to be able to take on the following:

Latias/Latios - Lots of them sometimes both in the same battle, many different movesets but most have a psychic move, dragon claw and recover/rest. Luckily none are Soul Dew equipped.

Regis and other exploders - Sometimes 3 exploders in the same battle, if it explodes with its last pokemon and takes out your last poke you still loose

Destiny Bonders - Wobbuffet and Gardeviour are most common, again if both of you loose your last poke you still have lost

OHKO'ers - Sheer Cold/Fissure/Horn Drill/Guillotine Walriens, Wailords, Seakings, Pinsirs and Rhydons. May have low probability but will still take its toll over the number of battles you will face

Shedninja - Make sure at least 1 on preferably all 3 of your team can deal with this guy

Double Teamers - Milotics, Kingdra's and Ludicolos are the most prevalent and they will also have rest/recover to make it even harder

Strong spec/phys Attackers - Machamp, Metagross, Alakazam, Starmie, Salamence and Hercross come to mind. All of these can really do some damage in a hurry especially with crit hits, you have to either be able to take them out fast, recover from that damage or tank up to reduce it.

I'm sure there are others that I've missed but this will give you an idea of what to build your team around. One thing you don't need is trapping moves since the AI rarely if ever switches out when affected by a status condition (the exception that I've seen are pokemon that have the Natural cure ability which isn't that many) Also the AI never hazes or pseudo hazes which make your stat upping moves that much better."

I was on the 49-56 trainer leg--only my third time, since until recently I was reasonably satisfied with my 86 streak records...And then...

"Ah, Larvi saves my behind. I had totally forgotten about Shedinja, despite being whacked by it once before...Soul Dew Latias had been clearing out almost everything with Calm Mind, Mist Ball, Ice Beam, and Recover, but the Ghost Bug nearly wiped me out. Choice Band Slaking obviously wasn't going to help me out, so I tossed in Salamance with its Aerial Ace and Flamethrower.

The Dragon immediately got Toxiced on the switch turn, and hit by Confuse Ray at the start of the next...It proceeded to hit itself repeatedly for the next three turns, and was just barely kept alive with Leftovers in time to snap out of confusion and burn the Undead Cicada to ashes. Yay.

Now my Latias has a L50 BT ribbon...(The other two already had one). And I had been planning to switch out Salamance for Larvi's Registeel--which I have a more or less exact duplicate of--but now I realize I'll have to dump Slaking, at least for this next round of seven trainers...I really want that ribbon on my Registeel, because he's very close to snagging all 25 of them...If that works, I'll see about fitting in a Banette a la Larvi's Dusclops in place of Salamance..."

And that's what's new at the BT for this week.

[Edit: Wheee! I barely scraped through my most recent set of seven trainers. Registeel really worked out, despite everything I did to screw things up...]

[ 09-04-2003, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: Thom Burr ]

- - - - -
This is not a signature.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.