The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » Useless Facts of the Day: (05/11/03)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Useless Facts of the Day: (05/11/03)
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 05-11-2003 03:15 AM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
1) It has come to my attention that the Ice type move Haze is not learnable by a single Ice type Pokémon. Its main user base is Water and Poison, with some Dragon thrown in for flavor.

2) In addition to the four secret attacks Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon, Frenzy Plant and Volt Tackle, there are two more unattainable attacks in RS. The first is Icicle Spear, which appears on Egg Lists but not level up lists- rendering it unavailable to all but the very luckiest Smeargles battling the very luckiest Metronomers. (Once attained, it must be bred to Seel- also unavailable at this time- and can be passed among the other users in turn.) The second is Nightmare, which, like the four secret attacks, does not appear anywhere on any Pokémon. Why was it forgotten? There are much more craptastic moves that could have been dropped by the wayside... the number of Pokémon that learn Fury Swipes and Take Down is *disgusting*.

Of course, there are other attacks that are currently unavailable with only 202 Pokémon, such as Follow Me, but they will eventually be attainable.
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
moogleman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1017

Member Rated:
posted 05-11-2003 03:39 AM      Profile for moogleman     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They'll probably make them available in the next installment, the game that will be the yellow of Ru/Sa. Wasn't Kinesis only attainable in Yellow but not in Red/Blue? Kind of like that, probably.
From: Kamloops, BC, Canada | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 05-11-2003 11:29 AM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Any idea what Icicle Spear does? Is it another lame Ice OHKO, or just an attack?

And Fury Swipes Nincada r0x. Just so you know.

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Haruka
Farting Nudist
Member # 3300

Member Rated:
posted 05-11-2003 12:29 PM      Profile for Haruka   Email Haruka   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Icicle Spear Ice Type

30 PP 10 Power 100 Accuracy

Target: One Hits 2 to 5 times.

TeLeFonE
X-treme rotary telephone
Member # 2293

Member Rated:
posted 05-11-2003 03:30 PM      Profile for TeLeFonE   Email TeLeFonE   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The second part wasn't exactly useless. I want my 23 seconds back. >:[

- - - - -
fuck this username is gay

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 05-12-2003 03:39 AM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm fairly certain Kinesis in RBY was a mistake. "Oops, we sort of set the wild Kadabra's levels too high." "Well, the attack sucks anyway." "True." It's not like RBY wasn't swimming with mistakes *cough*590stattotal*cough*.
~Uiru

[ 05-12-2003, 03:41 AM: Message edited by: Uiru ]

- - - - -

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 05-13-2003 05:24 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
1) It wouldn't have mattered what level the Red/Blue Kadabras were; Kinesis isn't on their move lists at all.

2) Kinesis is actually a pretty useful move; I made an RBY team based around it.

3) What is this "590 stat total" you speak of; this part is just because I wanted to use a semicolon in every point.

- - - - -
"Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula?"
-- Barack Obama, campaigning in Iowa

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 05-13-2003 11:01 AM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
1) I'm pretty sure it is, at least according to Stadium 2's info, but I'm too lazy to check.

2) It's a Flash with slightly better accuracy... Why not use Sand Attack instead?

3) It was originally 680 but then I remembered that RBY had no S. Def stat.
~Uiru

- - - - -

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

Haruka
Farting Nudist
Member # 3300

Member Rated:
posted 05-13-2003 12:38 PM      Profile for Haruka   Email Haruka   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just tested this myself, and raised up a level 4 Kadabra on Red. No Kinesis.
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 05-13-2003 01:15 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kadabra doesn't learn Kinesis by level, it's just "there", like Teleport. The only way to teach Kinesis to a Kadabra that's missed it is Sta2.
~Uiru

- - - - -

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 05-13-2003 08:35 PM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
1) Kadabra (and Alakazam) learn Kinesis at Level 1 in Yellow. They don't learn it at all in Red/Blue.

2) Kadabra doesn't learn Sand Attack.

3) OIC.

- - - - -
"Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula?"
-- Barack Obama, campaigning in Iowa

DrFuko
Farting Nudist
Member # 2176

Member Rated:
posted 05-14-2003 07:21 PM      Profile for DrFuko   Email DrFuko   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You forgot

- Doom Desire
- Psycho Blast

Doom Desire R0X

- - - - -
Noone expects.... THE SPANISH INQUISITION!!!

From: Monterrey, Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 05-14-2003 09:37 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
But they're learned, by Jirachi and Deoxys. It's just that we can't have access to them right now. Nightmare and Icicle Spear will NEVER be available unless some Smeargle gets lucky against a Metronomer.
~Uiru

- - - - -

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.