The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » Effort Ribbon Question.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Effort Ribbon Question.
geese
Farting Nudist
Member # 1152

Member Rated:
posted 05-07-2003 10:23 AM      Profile for geese   Email geese   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've been raising a Kyogre from level 45 in the 1st floor basement of Victory Road. According to Meowths list this should raise Hit Points, Defence and Speed EV's only, the three categories I decided to raise.

HP: 169
ATT: 1
DEF: 169
SPD: 169
SPATT: 1
SPDEF: 1

I put the extra three points in the empty categories due to a lack of understanding of the new system but that's not important. [Roll Eyes]

I pumped him with 10 HP Up, Iron and Carbos, which according to my calculations should leave him with just 69 Effort points to get in each category, or 35 ish with the Macho Brace. It wasn't until later that I realised that the points wouldn't divide themselves evenly into each category but again, that's beside the point.

He's now Level 100 and despite the Sandshrew/Medicham/Golbat/Airon hollocauste, still no Effort Ribbon.

Am I missing something glaringly obvious or do I just need to slaughter a few more of the above ?

- - - - -
"needless to say, real racoons were jealous"

JP Nogueira
Farting Nudist
Member # 962

Member Rated:
posted 05-07-2003 12:42 PM      Profile for JP Nogueira   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmm....

168 Effort = 42 Stat Points
6 Points left... so more one point to one of its Stats.

10 HP
10 Iron
10 Carbos

With Macho Brace, 34 Sandshrews, 17 Golbats and 17 Lairon (if it gives 2 EP for Def). Or 34 Sandshrews/ Zigzagoons/ Whismurs.

Maybe you haven't received the Effort Ribbon yet because you need to get those extra points somewhere or you still need to train one of its Stats.

I always keeps record of how many pokemon I've defeated while training for Effort. I suggest you to do this, so you won't get lost again while fighting some specific pokémon. This also helps when calculating DV's after training.

[ 05-07-2003, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: JP Nogueira ]

- - - - -
----======= (o)
JP Noga
Gym Leader from Brazil

Thomaz
Farting Nudist
Member # 3330

Member Rated:
posted 05-07-2003 04:38 PM      Profile for Thomaz   Author's Homepage   Email Thomaz   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I believe you get an effort ribbon if you max out an EV (255)

[ 05-07-2003, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: Thomaz ]

- - - - -
Nothing.

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 05-07-2003 04:53 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My four 'in-game' Pokémon all got Effort Ribbons, and none of them were particularly trained for one stat. I think it's highly unlikely that any of them managed to max one stat fully, let alone four of them.

But then, I don't think it's possible for a Pokémon to get to Lv. 100 and not have full Stat EXP, unless it only fought one particular kind of opponent (say, the type that ONLY gives Defence).

Try battling Marills for HP for a while, then go to one of those places that only has Golbats for Speed.
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
bluehills
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3362

Rate Member
posted 05-10-2003 12:50 AM      Profile for bluehills   Email bluehills   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
try going to the woman in slateport near the energy guru [Smile]
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 05-10-2003 12:54 AM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
...yes, that might be the answer to the problem. XD
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
geese
Farting Nudist
Member # 1152

Member Rated:
posted 05-10-2003 08:53 AM      Profile for geese   Email geese   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ahh, I thought you recieved it automatically when your effort was maxed. R/S training may not be so bad after all.

Much thanks.

- - - - -
"needless to say, real racoons were jealous"

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.