The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » So are they compatible?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So are they compatible?
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 12-02-2002 04:57 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Japanese carts with American carts, I mean.

If they're compatible, I'm importing Sapphire. If not, I'm not. Heh.
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
psykloak1
Farting Nudist
Member # 2275

Member Rated:
posted 12-02-2002 06:17 PM      Profile for psykloak1   Author's Homepage   Email psykloak1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
On a simalar note, are Japanesse GBAs compatable with US carts?

Gbxemu.com says there is a rumor of an official Nintendo back lit GBA. If so, I'd import that and hope I get it before the US RuSa release.

- - - - -
-psyk
NeptuneCircle.com

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 12-02-2002 06:26 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, they are. My GBA is Japanese, and I haven't had a problem with it.
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 12-02-2002 11:18 PM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's a fact that the Gameboy Advance has no regional lockouts. Any Gameboy Advance from any country can play any GBA games from any country.

The whole "will my Gameboy Advance play games from *insert country here*" question has been asked so much that the staff of several video game sites have gone insane. ^^;;;

Tenshi no Myu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1120

Member Rated:
posted 12-02-2002 11:45 PM      Profile for Tenshi no Myu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Weren't the old GBColors/Pockets/etc the same way? Region non-specific, I mean.

- - - - -
It hung on with Focus Band!

From: Seattle Below | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 12-03-2002 12:03 AM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No Gamrboy's ever been region-specific. There's no reason, anyway, it's not like there's PAL/NTSC(?) to worry about like consoles that hook up to TVs.

- - - - -
My brain went on vacation and left my pancreas in charge

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
veloS
8=D~~O:
Member # 2636

Member Rated:
posted 12-03-2002 03:43 AM      Profile for veloS     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You can't link 2 PKMN games who have different languages.

I that what you meant?

- - - - -
www.mightyrhapsody.com

D-Teclis
Farting Nudist
Member # 974

Member Rated:
posted 12-03-2002 04:14 AM      Profile for D-Teclis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by veloS:
You can't link 2 PKMN games who have different languages.

I that what you meant?

You can link a US cart with a european one,but not a japanese with a US or EU cart (that sucks,because all the poke that I'm training now will be useless when RuSa will be released here).

- - - - -
Hearing about brats getting their butt's kicked is always satisfying.~~Pokegod

PikachuThunder
Farting Nudist
Member # 22

Member Rated:
posted 12-03-2002 05:33 AM      Profile for PikachuThunder        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think Nintendo said before that they were aiming for that, but weren't sure if they'd be able to pull it off. You'll probably have to wait for the game's English release to find out.
pika
Farting Nudist
Member # 1908

Member Rated:
posted 12-03-2002 11:59 AM      Profile for pika   Author's Homepage   Email pika   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i guess they are compatible. Well it's just a guess but why else did they include latin chars in the game (they didn't do it back in GS)

- - - - -
"PIKA OF ALL PEOPLE IS THE BIGGEST TWO-FACED ASSHOLE HERE. AS HE ALREADY DEMONSTRATED HE SAID THAT THERE IS A WAY TO MAX OUT ALL STATS COMPLETELY ABOVE 510. WELL DUH...! HOW WOULD HE KNOW THAT IF HE DIDN'T HACK IT HIMSELF?! LOL! PATHETIC!"
TIDUSBLITZABESX

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 12-03-2002 03:35 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, there isn't really a reason for them not to be this time.

Basically, don't count on it... but this is the first time it's been a possibility.

We can hope.

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.