The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » So, how's everyone doing in R/S?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So, how's everyone doing in R/S?
LanderZRPG
Got a whale of a tale to tell ya, lads!
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 11-26-2002 10:38 AM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Personally, I've been playing for about... 2 hours, and can brag about having :
-level 12 psychic-tongue-in-hat thing(029), with Confusion, Double team and Growl. It has a message show up before every battle; the 4th symbol is the same symbol as Defense, so I presume it effects it in some way (Unless it picks a random stat; haven't checked much on it)
-A level 13 fire-bird-starter. Scratch, Focus Energy, Ember and.... I forget if it's Growl or Tail Whip. Not bad; this thing has good SpcAtt!
-A level 13 floating-grass-mushroom head. Leech Seed, Stun Spore... something and Absorb line it's aresonal. Not too shabby, but it takes virtually no EXP to gain it... Good Def and really good SpcDef
-The butterfly bug (Got the caterpillar, evolved during day to make it the cooler of the two cobweb things, then got a bug/flying at level 10) with Absorb, Tackle, Poison Sting and String Shot...
-A freaky Vulpix/Eevee cross that looks like it is made of rubber, and is DROP DEAD CUTE!! # 061, this thing has Tail Whip, Tackle, Growl, and Charm.. at level 8 :-) Fair Speed and Def, thus far.
-One of those racoon things, level 13, with Headbutt(Painfully strong... plus great flinch), Tackle, Tail Whip, and...He just learned...Sand Attack.

I have also caught a sloth-thing from the first bug forest(He uses an attack that makes a cloud, and the following turn, the opponent is put to sleep... A high acc sleep move!!), one of the rubber-pink bunnies with yellow-ears, and... something... I forget it.
I have beaten the first gym (Rock one)... not too hard, although the boss has that Easter Island Statue pokemon with insane Spc Def and Def... Plus that Tm 39 that can lower speed and deal rock damage... ouch.
I also have TM09, a great ball, and a few pokeballs.

Now, I have gotten to a cave which has rocks that need breaking to get by. I could take the other route out of town, but I'd need surf.

Any clue on what to do?

(Oh, a note... not too many non-legendary psychic types coming out, this time. Only one triple-psychic family [these grass-like psychics that are all female, I believe], and although they get great SpcAtt and good Speed, they still get good Def, and Naturally get Double Team!!)

- - - - -
From what we've learned, it seems like you'd prefer girls dressed in ant costumes or something... -Kazuki (Regarding tl;dr)

Owner of the Power Advantage DBZ RPG
(www.poweradvantage.net)

From: High Prairie, AB, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gary Oak
Farting Nudist
Member # 1028

Member Rated:
posted 11-26-2002 03:31 PM      Profile for Gary Oak     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can't even get that first gym leader to fight me......

- - - - -
"You think it is done, you think all is well. Well kiss my green ass I shall see you in hell."

AIM: GRISH81

From: Roselle, Illinois | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
D-Teclis
Farting Nudist
Member # 974

Member Rated:
posted 11-26-2002 03:53 PM      Profile for D-Teclis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gary Oak:
I can't even get that first gym leader to fight me......

just because it's the 5th in fact

- - - - -
Hearing about brats getting their butt's kicked is always satisfying.~~Pokegod

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 11-26-2002 07:43 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have 5 badges, just caught the first Spiker I will ever raise (cacti > j00), and am sadly out of Great Balls.

Which sux, as there's a cool Pokemon on Route 112 that I want to catch. ;_;

Edit: Oh, I suppose you want the team. Yeah, that'd help, wouldn't it? Lemme see... I have the aforementioned cactus, a Pelican, the 2nd form of Torchic, Kadabra (old skool), Rocksteel, and Honda (#pokebattle name for the new Fighter you catch near the 2nd gym). All of them are at L29.

[ 11-26-2002, 11:51 PM: Message edited by: Donald ]

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
LanderZRPG
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 11-26-2002 08:42 PM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Got my 2nd badge, my psychic thing is taking _forever_ to level, and not learning anything new... My Butterfly learned Gust(Right in the middle of a battle during the Fighting Gym... the following Machop didn't know what him 'em), and my Torchic grew to 16, learned Peck, then evolved, and learned Double Kick.

He still has way higher SpcAtt than Att, though...

I caught a Sumo wrestler, one of the steel/rock things (I will replace my dead-cute vulpix/eevee/rubber-boot cross with it), since I always like having something that resists normal type attacks.

I might give it Build Up, too... What're it's stats again?
70 110 180 60 60 50 at best...
Crap HP, good Att, great Def, Awful Specials, and terrible speed...

Well, maybe not. Build up is to be used on fast pokes...
Anything else I can do on the island? I think I found the move eraser, too.

Oh, a side note. The eevee/boot thing had Attract, not charm.

- - - - -
From what we've learned, it seems like you'd prefer girls dressed in ant costumes or something... -Kazuki (Regarding tl;dr)

(www.poweradvantage.net)

Fluorine
SMELLY BUTT
Member # 2904

Member Rated:
posted 11-26-2002 08:46 PM      Profile for Fluorine     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just beat the 8th gym. So far, my main team is:

Level 41: a sort of yellow and blue electric dog. I taught him the no-miss electric move you get when you beat the electric gym.

Level 40: a rare dark type which looks pretty cool, so I keep it

Level 39: the third evolution of Raturosu, the psychic type with a green cap. Mine is male [Wink] And the line you get when you enter a battle is that it copies the opponent's characteristic.

Level 37: some kind of fighting sumo, it gets vital throw pretty early and has pretty good HP and attack.

Level 36: a steel/rock poke.

Level 32: the shark, a water/dark that I just caught and that I plan to level up. It got good attack, decent special attack and speed, and kinda sucky defense, but I like its look.

The rest of the pokes I caught pretty much suck right now.

Now, where's the elite 4?

Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 11-26-2002 09:02 PM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm currently on the right side of the map, after getting Surf, but haven't done much there. My game is at 22 hours played, and my team is all over lvl 30;

Graveller "Geo" at lvl 33.
Pelican (Pelipper) "Sea" at lvl 33.
Raturosu's 3rd evolution "Psion" at lvl 33.
Jigazuma (Racoon)'s evolution "Coon" at lvl 34.
Treecko (Grass starter)'s evolution at lvl 35.
Subame's evolution at lvl 33.

I'm going to replace the Pelican with a better water type when I catch one, and I want to squeeze a Kecleon on the team, since Kecleon is cool, and named "Marunga"..well, "Mrgna", which I've already caught.

- - - - -
My brain went on vacation and left my pancreas in charge

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Fluorine
SMELLY BUTT
Member # 2904

Member Rated:
posted 11-26-2002 09:18 PM      Profile for Fluorine     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kecleon is easily owned.

Water move + Electric move
Rock move + Steel move
Ghost move + Dark move

Poor Kecleon [Frown]

Bulbasaur3000
Donkeylips
Member # 1801

Member Rated:
posted 11-27-2002 01:13 AM      Profile for Bulbasaur3000     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have all of you pwned.

After 1 and 1/2 hours playing, I have myself a Level 5 bug thing, a Level 5 water spider thingie with the gay-looking rosy cheeks, a Level 5 raccoon thing, a Level 5 gray dog thing, a Level 7 acorn thingie with Bide, and a Level 10 grass starter.

Beat that.

[ 11-27-2002, 01:14 AM: Message edited by: Bulbasaur3000 ]

- - - - -
This signature sucks. Why is it here?

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 11-27-2002 02:52 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bulbasaur3000:
I have myself a Level 5 bug thing

OMG U HAVE ASSBUG
TeLeFonE
X-treme rotary telephone
Member # 2293

Member Rated:
posted 11-27-2002 09:38 PM      Profile for TeLeFonE   Email TeLeFonE   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I was kinda anxious to see all the gym leaders and such... so I've already got my 8 badges.. picked up my last one yesterday. ^_^

My team's pretty bad, though. I trained a little unevenly.. butI have no intention of facing the elite 4 yet, so that's ok.

-Treeko's final at 41.
-That electric dog thing at 38.
-Steel/Rock at 31.
-Fire Turtle at 31.
-The 00ber on Sapphire's cover at 45. (no training yet, was Tentacruel at 36.)
-The last slot has been switched alot, currently I'm training up that sloth to get Kek-king. [Wink]

I got some training to do, but right now I'm not really in the mood.

- - - - -
fuck this username is gay

The Muffin King
Farting Nudist
Member # 2240

Member Rated:
posted 11-29-2002 12:32 PM      Profile for The Muffin King   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why are there so few spaces for nicknames? Stupid Japanese language.

[ 11-29-2002, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: The Muffin King ]

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 11-30-2002 10:08 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You can fit 13 or 14-character names in there... if you have a working knowledge of katakana. [Smile]

But yeah, this is just one of many reasons why it takes so bloody long to translate these games. If you really can trade between language versions, what's going to happen to the longer nicknames of the North American Pokémon? "I'm sorry, SUPERPWNER's long name cannot enter." Etc.

Oh. If they felt like it, they could have shot out a translation thingie to turn your 10-letter name into a 5-kana name and vice versa... There'd still be issues with certain names on either side but it'd work some of the time. Unless the name didn't have enough vowels or something. ^_^
~Uiru

[ 11-30-2002, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: Uiru ]

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
psykloak1
Farting Nudist
Member # 2275

Member Rated:
posted 12-01-2002 07:15 AM      Profile for psykloak1   Author's Homepage   Email psykloak1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What about this:
I have 'SUPERPWNER' in my red and I trade it to my ruby. If the nickname is too long, it will just make me to give it a new nick name. before ending the trade.

- - - - -
-psyk
NeptuneCircle.com

LanderZRPG
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 12-03-2002 10:53 AM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just beat that god-be-damned Kek-king gym...

Lazy only stops them every other turn :-/...

Well, my level 23 Steel/Rock thing started using Mudslap like mad, until I noticed he had Faint Attack... how unfair is that? Anyway, 10 Metal Claws later, I had 2 Attack raisers, and started kicking major butt... especially when I leveled and learned some weird Body Slam thing, and his second Kek-King used ?Focus Energy? over and over...

Anyway, do I head to the desert, next?

I'll try it, in any case.

My present team:
Kinocco(M) (The floating-grass thing): No clue on the Characteristic, but it's level 23, and has Mega Drain, Headbutt, Stun Spore, and Leech Seed. Very handy little thing, and it gains quickly. I'm refusing to let it evolve until it gets spore, though.

Godo(M), my Steel/Rock thing. Level 26, has Roar, Metal Claw, Mudslap, and some 90 power, 85 acc normal attack that gives a weird message after it deals damage. Absolutely no clue on it.

My green-electric dog, caught via GreatBall, Male, with the lovely characteristic of paralyzing opponents who attack it [Big Grin] . Quick Attack, Thunder Wave, Sparks, and some new attack which I have no clue what it does line it's level 25 aresonal.

My little psychic-mushroom hat girl, level 26, I levelled her up to get Psychic, so she has Enlighten(Boo-yeah!!! Natural [Big Grin] She slaughtered the fire gym by using it 4x, then killing Slugma's like mad, then nearly OHKO'ing that turtle, then someone else got the kill [Smile] ) Confusion, and Double Team, as well. Synchronization sucks. Badly. Doesn't do anything worthwhile, 90% of the time.

My KILLER-RABID CHICKEN!!! I need to stop myself from using this thing, because it rocks so much. My only evolved guy, level 25, with Double Kick, Peck, Ember, and Focus Energy. 55SpcAtt vs 45 Att, though. Fire/Fighting = fun.... They almost expected me to give it Sand Attack, at one point... bleh...

And my HM'er, Machop. Something, something, Strength and Rock Smash.... level 16, only because... I think it was the fire gym; everything else had died, and he was the only guy left vs a Paralyzed 1 HP thing. So, he gained 2 levels.

Well, off to the desert I go.

- - - - -

(www.poweradvantage.net)

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 12-03-2002 11:17 AM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LanderZRPG:
Godo(M), my Steel/Rock thing. Level 26, has Roar, Metal Claw, Mudslap, and some 90 power, 85 acc normal attack that gives a weird message after it deals damage. Absolutely no clue on it.

That would be Take Down. However, Rocksteel's characteristic is that it take NO RECOIL DAMAGE. God, if that thing could DE, I'd cream my pants.

Oh, and the cactus Pokemon is > j00.

LanderZRPG
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 12-03-2002 06:44 PM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
3 seconds after posting, I found a (Yes, a [Smile] ) Surf HM and needed to use it.

New HM poke is Marril, who has Strength, Rock Smash, Surf, and some other attack I didn't manage to delete.

Still looking for a viable water poke, though.

- - - - -

(www.poweradvantage.net)

Kid Vid2
I am a tub of earwax.
Member # 2514

Member Rated:
posted 12-03-2002 06:51 PM      Profile for Kid Vid2   Email Kid Vid2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i cot a pogheyman it lukd liek thsi: O>-<
From: cardbord box :((((((((((((( | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
psykloak1
Farting Nudist
Member # 2275

Member Rated:
posted 12-03-2002 07:31 PM      Profile for psykloak1   Author's Homepage   Email psykloak1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
My green-electric dog, caught via GreatBall, Male, with the lovely characteristic of paralyzing opponents who attack it [Big Grin] . Quick Attack, Thunder Wave, Sparks, and some new attack which I have no clue what it does line it's level 25 aresonal.

Why have thunderwave when it's characteristic does the same thing?

- - - - -
-psyk
NeptuneCircle.com

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 12-03-2002 08:01 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Still looking for a viable water poke, though.

Pelipper > j00.

And if you have Sapphire, you can get Kyogre later on, who starts with Body Slam, Ice Beam, Hydro Pump, Enlighten - and has the characteristic of automatic Rain Dance [Big Grin]

LanderZRPG
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 12-04-2002 09:41 AM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by psykloak1:
Why have thunderwave when it's characteristic does the same thing?

It seems only physical attacks do it, and only about 15-20% of the time.
Plus, I have no better move to fill that void, anyway.

My steel/rock thing levelled to 29, and learned Iron Tail. 100 Base power attack from 50 Base power.... yummy!

- - - - -

(www.poweradvantage.net)

LanderZRPG
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 12-04-2002 10:02 AM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Got to some weird city where everything is in the trees...

I can't go to the gym, though. I walk down a ladder, and some invisible force is blocking my way... :-/

edit:
Alright... I figured it out (about 3 seconds later...) Kecleon invisibility things piss me off.

[ 12-04-2002, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: LanderZRPG ]

- - - - -

(www.poweradvantage.net)

TrueSvelte
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3085

Member Rated:
posted 12-06-2002 11:31 PM      Profile for TrueSvelte     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Man, when the English version comes out, I will miss all these creative descriptions people come up with, such as: "floating-grass-mushroom head" and "KILLER-RABID CHICKEN". I personally have a noisy pink bunny, a fox kit, an mutant acorn, a sumo man, and kimori's evolution which I have been calling leaf-head. (Yes, I am aware that I have two normals and two grass types on my team.)

I will miss the nicknames; but I will not, however, miss getting lost with no idea what anyone is saying or what I am supposed to do next. I put down the game and I have no intention of picking it back up... Darn it! How can this game still be so addictive even if it's in another language?

From: Mystery Island | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
LanderZRPG
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 12-07-2002 10:53 PM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
1) The nicknames... they will be eternal. Although I hate it when people use the real names, as different ones have different spellings. Kokodora or Cocodora... or Kinokoco... whatever. FLoating-grass-mushroom-head works well enough [Smile]

2) I finally beat the Elite 5!!! Huzzah!!

Here's the team that went into the Hall of Fame [Smile]

[Groud]Groudon(Red ground 00ber): level 51(Leveled 5x during the Elite5 [Wink] ) Earthquake, Slash, Build Up, and Fire Blast... I had to not learn Rest, as I needed all of those moves to finish. I can TM it, later, though.

[Pelic]Pellipper(The huge-mouth pelican): level 35, Fly, Protect, Surf, a 60-power Flying move(Double gust?)

[NoNick]Psychic-hat-head thing that looks like a weed. Still in first form. Level 36, with Confusion, Psychic, Enlighten, and Double Team.

[NoNick]Green-electric-dog-thing. Level 34, with... Quick Attack, T-Wave, Bite, and Sparks. This guy actually helped during the Ice battle... CH para Sparks nearly OHKO'd something 20 levels higher [Smile]

[NoNick]Fire-starter-evolved-once(Killer Rabid Chicken). Level 34. Double Kick, Peck, Ember, and Focus Energy. He did squat all. Needs Blaze Kick or Flamethrower, ASAP.

[Godo]Steel-rock-thing, first evolution, level 35. Roar, Iron Tail, Take Down(Waiting on Double Edge... muahahahaha No recoil Characteristic) and Mud Slap. He single handedly leveled a few Ghosts and Darks.

I used many revives. Many more Hyper potions. Nothing but Groudon has over 100 HP...

In any case, I got insanely lucky. I DID NOT SHARK! I don't even know how to on this Visual Emulator thing... 21 and some hours, though... Not great.

In any case, I want my guys to level 50, and then (With Spore on Kinococo, a spare guy...) I will catch some Reji's.

No rush, though. I beat it, so I'm happy.

- - - - -

(www.poweradvantage.net)

LanderZRPG
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 12-09-2002 08:00 PM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WHEEEE!!! I caught Rekkuza!!

Freakiest thing, the time I _did_ manage to catch him...

I start with my level 34 electric dog. He, of course, goes first, and uses fly. Great... maybe I'll live, due to ineffective, and then T-wave him?

No such luck. SMACK!!

Dead dog...

Oh... what's this?

WHEE!! He's paralyzed, due to the characteristic!!

Next out... Steel/Rock dude, first form, level 35.

He still manages to get first move, but is fully para'd. I think it's Extremespeed he has... Anyway, I Iron Tail him. Miss... darnit!

Iron Tail again! Defense Down, and next to no damage. He is still para'd.

I use Iron Tail twice more, as he is para'd BOTH times, and the 2nd gets me another Defense Down.

I manage to get another Iron tail, bringing his HP to quite low (Low red), and gaining a third Defense Down. He flies into the air, so I decide to switch to Groudon to take the hit.

Smack. Groudon takes a bit of damage. Considering he's level 51, vs this level 70 Rekkuza....

Anyway, he uses this spinning flame move... PAIN! I survive with 8 HP... 8!!

So, having no clue of what to do, I Hyper Potion, and laugh as he's para'd.

I throw a few Ultra Balls. Watch some wiggle 3 times, but he always gets out, and sometimes does small damage with a weird quick attack (Extreme Speed?) move, and I heal again.

I need to deal more damage.

I bring out Rabid Chicken(Starter), level 34, evolved once. I use Ember, with Sunny Day in effect, and do squat-all. He's been para'd twice, now.

I use Ember again. He's para'd. Ember again. I can't see the red on the emulator, but he doesn't faint. He's para'd.

I bring back Groudon, who takes a spinning flame attack, to 21 HP. Ouch. Heal him up, watch the paralysis.

And about 15 Ultra Balls later, mostly with him being para'd (About 10 of those times... it was freaky), I catch the bugger....

WHEE!!

- - - - -

(www.poweradvantage.net)

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.