The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » R/S info by Meowth346. (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: R/S info by Meowth346.
Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 11-20-2002 08:43 PM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There's 386 Pokemon

Latios/Latias are both Dragon/Psychic.
Final evolution of Fire starter is Fire/Fighting
Final evolution of Water starter is Water/Ground

The new Mew/Celebi (298 all-round) style Pokemon is 384, and it is Steel/Psychic

Interesting type combos would be Water/Grass, Bug/Ghost, Grass/Fighting, Bug/Water, Dark/Ghost (pifly stats, though), Ground/Dragon, Rock/Psychic, Fighting/Psychic (!, but stats ain't so hot), Rock/Grass...

-

Posting since Azure isn't terribly aware of this info, and it was jsut uploaded. Go check out any further updatage at http://user.yagb.de/meowth346/ ..

- - - - -
My brain went on vacation and left my pancreas in charge

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 11-20-2002 08:58 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cool, thanks for sharin [Smile]

As of, hmmm maybe 2-3 hours ago some people were workin with the ROM tryin to make it work, maybe Meowth346 got a decent copy...

So, by tomorrow hopefully they'll be a workin ROM out there for all...

[ 11-20-2002, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: MK ]

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 11-20-2002 09:23 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
God damn, how many websites does he own?

Fire-Fighting? *swoon* Does Torchic really evolve into this really badass upright Fire type? I saw that guy and knew instantly who my RS starter would be. [Big Grin] Though I was kind of worried that it'd be another Charizard. Fire-Fighting is a whole other story though. ^_^
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Zeni
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3109

Member Rated:
posted 11-20-2002 09:29 PM      Profile for Zeni     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
whoa..but fire/fighting quite a bit of weaknesses..with the acception of rock attacks, these types don't neutralize any of each other's weaknesses.

I'm kinda disappointed with the Mudkip evolution though..I always wanted a high special attack water starter, but by the looks of it, it'll be more towards the physical and defensive.

- - - - -
Every second, a woman has a baby.
Our job is to find this woman and stop her.

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 11-20-2002 09:40 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Apparently, the thing has 120 base Attack and 110 base Special Attack. Assuming it gets a sensible Fighting attack, it'll make a hell of an attacker.

Meowth346 has the ROM already. This isn't fair.
~Uiru

[ 11-20-2002, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: Uiru ]

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 11-20-2002 11:06 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I finally read more of it, they're finally making my grass/water Pokémon [Smile]

I have seriously wanted one of these... I figured they'd NEVER make one...

SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 11-21-2002 06:52 AM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Snorlax's characteristic is called "Immunity?"

Frick, that doesn't sound good.

D-Teclis
Farting Nudist
Member # 974

Member Rated:
posted 11-21-2002 07:33 AM      Profile for D-Teclis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
dunsparce,jiraachi: angel blessing <---?!?!?!?

If someone has an idea about this...

- - - - -
Hearing about brats getting their butt's kicked is always satisfying.~~Pokegod

Sudowoodo
Farting Nudist
Member # 1768

Member Rated:
posted 11-21-2002 11:05 AM      Profile for Sudowoodo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why 386? Kinda an odd number...

And I thought L&L were going to be Water/Flying or something, not Dragon/Psychic... [Eek!]

- - - - -
Numfar! Do the dance of honor!

Twinkle
I'm feeling fat and sassy~!
Member # 1690

Member Rated:
posted 11-21-2002 08:35 PM      Profile for Twinkle        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Seven new dragon pokémon! w00t!

Anyone know what those reji-things are (rock, steel, ice)?

I want a rekkuuza. Dragon/Flying, with mostly better stats than Dragonite... [Big Grin]

There seem to be LOTS of legendary-caliber pokémon in this game. Mewtwo still has the highest Sp.Atk., though.

Oh, and I think Meowth has the actual game, not just a downloaded ROM.

- - - - -
Hich loch faauto noxlattoyen.

JP Nogueira
Farting Nudist
Member # 962

Member Rated:
posted 11-21-2002 10:33 PM      Profile for JP Nogueira   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Immunity... that frightens me. But not as "Pressure" does, since it´s Mewtwo's Power.

Hah.... Kinococo's power (same as Paras, Emission) give some status problems to phisical attackers. I think all the spore are available, but I saw only PAR and SLP by now.

There are some other Powers I´m curious about... like Trance (Porygon), Immunity (Snorlax), In Rain (Kayogre) and Drought (Groudon).

EDIT: Do you think the 35 other pokémon are suposed to be catch only in the next version? That way, the Dragon/Flying would be similar to Groudon & Kayogre (including box art).

[ 11-21-2002, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: JP Nogueira ]

- - - - -
----======= (o)
JP Noga
Gym Leader from Brazil

Sudowoodo
Farting Nudist
Member # 1768

Member Rated:
posted 11-22-2002 05:29 AM      Profile for Sudowoodo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lots of new Pokemon (pics)

Most of them look pretty cool. [Smile]

- - - - -
Numfar! Do the dance of honor!

Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 11-22-2002 12:38 PM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What's a characteristic/power?

And what about the RBYGSC compatibility, do we know anything yet?

Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 11-22-2002 12:52 PM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm hoping you're kidding.....but just in case...

Characteristics are special traits that give Pokemon unique abilities. For example, each of the starters have characteristics that will increase the power of their grass/water/fire attacks by 1.5 when their HP gets low.

Ruby and Sapphire cannot trade with any earlier version.

- - - - -
YOU'RE WINNER!

From: Celadon City Gym | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Fluorine
SMELLY BUTT
Member # 2904

Member Rated:
posted 11-22-2002 02:30 PM      Profile for Fluorine     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So far, those new pokemon are really cool-looking.

Look at Pochena and Jiguzazuma's evolutions. They just... own.

The Steel/Rock poke (the first three in the link posted precedently) also look good. The new pokemon look a lot more detailed, and some are so weird I can't help but fall in love with them ^_^!

And I'm really not sure which starter to pick. Maybe Mudkip, because its final evo looks decent, and it's a Water/Ground. This thing is SO gonna kick ass. But I also like the green one, and Fire/Fighting is a cool type. I guess I'll just pick one randomly.

Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 11-22-2002 03:24 PM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Porygone:
I'm hoping you're kidding.....but just in case...

No, I'm not. I haven't touched a Pokémon game for months, much less read anything Pokémon related on the Internet. I only post in Karp, but the "release" of the RS roms have sparked my interest.

Thanks for telling me.

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 11-22-2002 06:35 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The new Mew/Celebi Equivilent, when will we see some pics and have a name?

Oh, on a sidenote, there's an offical website for the 6th Pokémon Movie... a friend of mine did a translation and he got

"The Wishing Star of the Seven Nights" as the title...

Pokegod
Farting Nudist
Member # 977

posted 11-22-2002 06:46 PM      Profile for Pokegod     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Rhydon's power is lightning rod...

"Pikachu! The Horn! Piiiikaaachuuuuuu!"

[ 11-22-2002, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: Pokegod ]

- - - - -
Pokegod... yeah, that won't look dumb in 10 years

From: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 11-22-2002 07:02 PM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sandshrew in Sapphire has undoubtedly the best pose of all the Pokemon games. Really, you have to see it for yourself. On the other hand, Sandslash looks like he's bending over and wants you to spank him one.

The gyms are reasonably weird - the first one you don't get to battle. The second is for al extents and purposes Brock's gym part duex. The third is after having a boat trip to get you to an island before getting Surf, and as you get the badge to get the Flash HM there, it's actually all in the dark,. and and you battle trainers you get to see more of the gym as the circle of light around you expands - it's hard to explain. The electric gym has a rather simple electric current puzzle, and the fire gym is nestled near a volcano and involves these random sandpits which you fall down/get pushed up, and some of them are traps where random trainers pop up from.

Oh, and you get a boat trip and a gondola ride.

Two on two battling is interesting. Magnitude ends up hitting your own Pokemon, but not the Pokemon that used it. I learnt this the hard way as my Graveller fainted my evolved Racoon Pokemon qwhile battling these Japanese schoolgirls. If you make both Pokemon attack one of the opposition, and they faint on the first attack, the second attack will switch over to the other Pokemon out. If you feel so inclined, you can actually select to attack your own partner Pokemon - I presume it would do something with moves like Protect/Swords Dance/Substitute, all the self-modifiers, but I'm not using those yet since I still don't understand a word of Japanese (but I'm gradually recognising the phrases for "But it missed", "Hit itself in confusion").

Characteristics are a bitch when you don't know what they are. I've had my Pokemon paralysed/posioned at the whim of the characteristics of the wild Pokemon I'm battling. On the other hand, my Racoon Pokemon has managed to equip himself with some random item almost every 2 minutes, except I haven't used any of them since I don't know what items they are.

Some of the new Pokemon are very difficult to guess the type to. A helpful hint is if it's got a shadow, it most probably is a flying type. One random Pokemon is a fire type that's green and yellow, and can only be described as a stuffed toy fat baby giraffe with a short neck. Some other random Pokemon end up being Ghost or Dark type and you're not really sure why since they don't look like it.

There seems to be a new Pikachu on the block. There are these new Pokemon with look like Pikachu would if he were more of a cartoon rabbit than a pudgy mouse. They're even yellow/red for the male, and yellow/blue for the female. At first I thought someone had screwed around with the image for Pikachu, but then I saw different Pikachu sprites walking around (every single Pokemon has a uniqgue sprite here).

The boxes on PC are pretty random. It's layed out across 17 boxes, which allow you to put alot of Pokemon in them, and they are put on a large square with their sprites shown to you. The first box has a green/grass textured background, and the rest of them are all slightly different. I'm sure there's an option to rename the boxes somewhere but I haven't found it while mucking around with it.

You randomly get the Pokemon Navigator during the game. Think PokeGear mark II without the cellphone/radio. No, you get a map, a random thing to do with those contests (which shouldn't be played without an understanding of Japanese), and a record of every trainer you've fought.

Sometimes speaking to people brings up some random thing where it looks like you get a huge choice of Japanese words and select some of them to say or something. I don't know what it does since I don't understand a lick of Japanese.

So, in conclusion - Does anybody know where the hell I get the Surf HM?

- - - - -

Pokegod
Farting Nudist
Member # 977

posted 11-22-2002 07:30 PM      Profile for Pokegod     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like the new double battle. The two pikachu-like mons both used growl, and growl hit both my monsters both times (it seems to only hit one sometimes). Just imagine what you could do with screech or another 0.5x modifier!

- - - - -

OrientalNoodle
Farting Nudist
Member # 616

Member Rated:
posted 11-23-2002 08:54 AM      Profile for OrientalNoodle   Author's Homepage   Email OrientalNoodle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Pokegod: Yea, I noticed that too. It's so lame -_- Though Dunsparce's Angel Blessing is a very interesting name indeed. Some other Pokey had it too. R/S is bound to be certainly interesting.

Have to get it soon [Razz]

- - - - -
Me: "...I've also spoken with Ian Garvey via IRC..."
Tyranitar: "Wow! You mean you have spoken with The Master?"

From: Hanko, -, Finland | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 11-23-2002 01:37 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is from this place

Pokemon Sapphire (Jap) codes!
Yay! I think I'm the first person to make codes for this game! Maybe. Actually, I'm kinda slow at it, so Likk may have beat me to it. lol

Oh and they are raw hex codes, so they'll only work on VBA for now.

Anyway. Here they are so far:

Infinite HP in battle 1st pokemon (Will look like pokemon has 0 HP)
02024808 00FF

Infinite PP in battle 1st pokemon
02024804 6363
02024806 6363

quick level up
0202494c 0063

Infinite Money
02025924 423f
02025926 000f

The quick level up may need a joker of some sort, 'cause it'll keep leveling up 'til you turn the code off. (Not that that's a bad thing, but after a while of leveling up, it the exp bar moves a little slow for some reason, and it becomes a chore to sit through it.)

Item Modifiers

1st lines are the item, second lines are the amount.

Item #1
020259F4 ????
020259F6 0063

Item #2
020259F8 ????
020259FA 0063

Item #3
020259FC ????
020259FE 0063

Item #4
020259A0 ????
020259A2 0063

etc.

You get the idea. I haven't checked how many items you can get altogether.

Pokeball Modifiers:

1st Pokeball Modifier
02025A94 ????
02025A96 0063

2nd Pokeball Modifier
02025A98 ????
02025A9A 0063

3rd Pokeball Modifier
02025A9C ????
02025A9E 0063

You get the idea. I think 0001=Master Ball, 'cause I caught a pokemon at full health, on the first try. But I can be wrong, it may have been luck.

Here's a code that'll put you on the bike, AND let you walk faster in buildings and such.

0202e5b8 00??

02=on fast bike
03=walking as fast as fast bike
04=on bike that can do wheelies! (Recommended)
To do wheelies, hold the B button.

Mwahahahaha!

What do I specialize in? That's right, Modifiers!

Character Modifier!!!
02024c0c 00??

00=boy
01=girl
02=boy on bike (even in houses)
03=girl on bike
06=boy sitting down
07=girl sitting down
08=boy on top of something?
09=girl on top of something?
0c=boy with fishing pole
0d=girl with fishing pole
0e=boy with watering can
0f=girl with watering can
17=Lady
19=little girl
1F=Big yellow guy??!!!
25=guy with black hair
26=VERY small girl
2c=some sort of monster?
30=Giant Pokemon! (different stepping animations show different ones!)
34=kid on lifesaver (the flotation device, not the candy)
3c=Small Pokemon! (different stepping animations show different ones!)
41=One of those lift things that run on a wire
44=lady with brown pony tails
45=scientist
4c=golem-type thing
50=guy with pink and blue shirt
51=guy with "slick" hair style
5A=fat kid
5B=lady with big hair and apron
5c=balding man [hahahaha]
61=pirate girl?
64=kid with purpley hair

Actually, I'm gonna stop the character values there, 'cause I don't wanna totally ruin the game for myself, by seeing all of the characters in the game.

Oh yeah, and I don't know about all of the characters, but I know some of them freeze when you go into battle with them, so be careful.

[someone in a chatroom said this, but I'm not exactly sure what they meant "set it to 0202494c 6363"]

=========
Haha, I've got that pokemon modifier for the 1st slot.

1st Pokemon Modifier!
03004290 ????
03004292 ????

It'll give you a pokemon, as long as you know the value for it.

Here's a sample value:

03004290 99CB
03004292 D72A

I don't really know the name for the pokemon in the test value, but it looks like a brown scruffy thing.

Also, when you use the pokemon modifier, in the pokemon switch menu, it'll look like an egg, but in battle it'll be the pokemon. I'll try to fix that.
=========
Thanks, it works fine now. What value would you reccomend the infinite PP code to be at, and is that just supposed to be one code, or 2 of the same?

I hope these stat values are right. Sorry, I don't know what they actually are, me not reading Japanese and all.

999 first stat after health(strength, I think)- 030042EA:03E7

999 second- 0201806C:03E7

999 third- 02018070:03E7

999 fourth- 02018072:03E7

999 fifth- 0201806E:03E7

Sorry I couldn't help more, but these should make things alot easier, along with those cool codes radical dreamer made.
=========
sorry, but i have bad news

03004290 ????
03004292 ????

testing shows it always defaults to the same thing. I tried 0011 for both values and it gave me the egg and the brown thing. Same with 1a1a for both values. Both were just random values off the top of my head.

=========
Oy.

I just saw what you meant. I didn't even test the pokemon modifier enough.

I guess I'll start collecting values, and post some more.

But remember, even when you do have a valid value, it'll always show an egg in the menu, but it'll be a working pokemon in battle.

I've created a fix code for this, but it's not a permanent fix, and can't be saved for some reason.
There's also the issue with the hp bar, and level indicator in the menu. It doesn't wanna show up in the pokemon menu, but only in battle. I created a code for that too, but for some reason, it'll only let you take another pokemon's hp bar and level indicator, and leave the other pokemon with none! Son-of-a-crap!!

*Later*

Mwahahahaha! While looking for that pokemon modifier, I ran across a room modifier!

Room Modifier!!!
02025498 ????

Position Modifier When entering an area!
02025494 00?? - Horizontal
02025496 00?? - Vertical

With the room modifier and position modifier used together, you get the complete room modifier! (You'll have to enter or exit a building to be teleported to one of these areas)

Here are some sample area values:

Lab in first town
02025494 0006
02025496 000A
02025498 0401

Poke Center In the second area
02025494 0007
02025496 0005
02025498 0202

Gym in the third area
02025494 0004
02025496 006f
02025498 0108

Oh yeah, and sorry 'bout that infinite pp code mistake ranma, I could've sworn I changed that earlier. (had 2 "02024806", instead of "02024804 + 02024806")

And no, I'm not using Artmoney. People keep asking me about that, but I've never seen that program. lol
I mainly use the vba hacking util., but if I can't get it that way, I use a prog called "Tsearch" to find codes like room modifiers and some of the harder ones.

*Later*

Yikes! So far, the pokemon modifier I've found, is... 40 LINES LONG!!!

And I'm pretty sure I know why. I think the code for the pokemon also contains: Who caught it, what their ID is, which kind of pokeball it was caught with, what level it is, it's gender, etc.
And if you leave even one of those things out, it won't work!!
(I think)

Oy, I think Nintendo really has something against us. lol

Here's the current perfectly working, 40 line pokemon modifier. (With these sample values, it'll place a pink caterpillar pokemon in the first slot of the first box on bill's PC [assuming that's what it still is, I dunno 'cause I can't read japanese])

0202FDC0 309C
0202FDC2 EECE
0202FDC4 C66F *
0202FDC6 8355 *
0202FDC8 7159
0202FDCA 5FA0
0202FDCC 42FF
0202FDCE 0300 *
0202FDD0 42B0 *
0202FDD2 0201 *
0202FDD4 DDC8 *
0202FDD6 DFD7 *
0202FDD8 FFFF *
0202FDDA 0000 *
0202FDDC E955
0202FDDC 0000 *
0202FDE0 F6F3 +
0202FDE2 6D9B +
0202FDE4 F6F3 +
0202FDE6 6D9B +
0202FDE8 F6F3 +
0202FDEA 6D9B +
0202FDEC F7D1
0202FDEE 6D9B +
0202FDF0 F6FB
0202FDF2 6D9B +
0202FDF4 BEF3
0202FDF6 6D9B +
0202FDF8 F6D2
0202FDFA 6DCA
0202FDFC F6F3 +
0202FDFE 6D9B +
0202FE00 DED0
0202FE02 6D9B +
0202FE04 E6F3
0202FE06 6519
0202FE08 BF44
0202FE0A 78C6
0202FE0C F6F3
0202FE0E 6D9B +

Now, I know what you're thinking. "Who the heck would want to enter that many lines of code for one thing?"

Well, probably nobody.

Oh yeah, and the lines with stars by them, are lines that had the same values with different pokemon.
And the lines with "+" signs are values that occur more than once.

======
[eh, that's enough, if you really want to see all the garbage visit the above link...]

[ 11-23-2002, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: MK ]

Fluorine
SMELLY BUTT
Member # 2904

Member Rated:
posted 11-24-2002 10:50 PM      Profile for Fluorine     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tghost:
So, in conclusion - Does anybody know where the hell I get the Surf HM?

Beat the 5th gym, which is the one that was closed at first. The leader's pokemon are pretty darn strong, but they don't always attack (they have a "lazy" characteristic, mind you).

Then you go to the house just left to the gym. You'll get the surf HM. Then you have to surf to the 6th gym, which is the flying gym, which is really a joke.

The 7th gym is the psychic gym, and it's a 2v2 with the two rock/psychic pokes (moon and sun, very cool). Remember that the moon has high special and low att/def, and the sun has high att/def and low special. It helps.

Surf attacks both pokes in a 2v2 battle.

And here's a couple characteristics:

Menace (Guraena): as soon as the pokemon enters in battle, all the opponents have lowered attack.

Acceleration (Bee pokemon): speed increases each turn.

Copy (raturosu, the green cap psy pokemon you see at the beginning): copy the opponent's characteristic

Change color (kecleon): changes type to the last attack used against him

Magnetism (magnemite/magneton): steel opponents can't switch out (I'm not totally sure tho)

Static electricity (the green electric dog, and a lot other electric pokes): chance of being paralyzed on contact.

Fishskin (samehader): recoil when using physical attacks

??? (piranha): recoil when using special attacks

Lazy (kek-king): attacks about 1 turn out of 2

Emission (mushroom poke): chance of being par/put asleep/poisoned/etc. on contact

Find items (raccoon poke): finds random items during fight and on field. I think Meowth has that characteristic too.

Those are the characteristics I have experienced and seen in action during play.

Other cool characteristics (but I'm not sure if it's really their characteristic or a "bonus" characteristic)
-one poke changes appearance and type depending on the weather. If it's sunny, he's fire and looks like a sun, if it's raining, he's water and looks like a water drop, and if it's snowing, it looks like some unidentified ice thing.
-the rock/psy pokemon are not affected by ground attack (yup)

[ 11-24-2002, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: Fluorine ]

Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 11-25-2002 01:40 AM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow, they were doors, not posters.

If Raturoso's characteristic is to copy, and every time a Magnemite paralysed my Raturoso, it also got paralysed, is that part of Raturoso's characteristic (as in, it also copies status) or Magnemites?

- - - - -

Pokegod
Farting Nudist
Member # 977

posted 11-25-2002 02:07 AM      Profile for Pokegod     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mr K would want to know about this: I used a ground attack on Koffing 5 times (the 55 base, 100% acc. one that the water starter gets), and it didn't affect it all 5 times!

- - - - -

Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 11-25-2002 02:58 AM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I had a Koffing wipe out a 5-level higher Graveller as every Ground attack failed to it (the Graveller got posioned)..and it wasn't becasuse it was missing, either, I realised later, as the missing message is different - and now that I think of it, Koffing had a shadow under it, which it generally doesn't (?)

- - - - -

PikachuThunder
Farting Nudist
Member # 22

Member Rated:
posted 11-25-2002 05:47 AM      Profile for PikachuThunder        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I had a Koffing wipe out a 5-level higher Graveller as every Ground attack failed to it (the Graveller got posioned)..and it wasn't becasuse it was missing, either, I realised later, as the missing message is different - and now that I think of it, Koffing had a shadow under it, which it generally doesn't (?)

Could that be Koffing's characteristic at work? Meowth346 was calling it "wealth", but that seems like an odd name, and other Pokémon who look like they'd be off the ground have it, too (Latias, Gastly, Misdreavus...)
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 11-25-2002 01:27 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Now, if that prevented Psychic damage, K would have a freakin' joygasm.

"Yeah, bring on that Mewtwo now."

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 11-25-2002 01:58 PM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just checked a Japanese web site. Koffing's characteristic is called "Fuyuu". And while one translation of Fuyuu is "wealth/riches/opulence", it also translates into "floating/suspension". I'm sure the latter is the more accurate translation. Oh, Weezing has it too.
Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 11-25-2002 02:10 PM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'd also like to point out that some Pokemon have more than one characteristic. I don't mean more than one at the same time. Well, for example, some Rarutosu will come with the Trance characteristic while others will have the Synchro characteristic. Some Magnemite will have the Magnetism characteristic while others will have the Solid characteristic.
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 11-25-2002 03:14 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This rocks, this is like our "unique Pokémon characterists" thread we had a while back... I never dreamed something like this would ACTUALLY happen...

Does anyone know what Eevee does?

Dark_Herakurosu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1677

Member Rated:
posted 11-25-2002 05:15 PM      Profile for Dark_Herakurosu   Author's Homepage   Email Dark_Herakurosu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately, without the use of a game-altering device, Eevee and various other 'old' pokemon will be eliminated. They're there, just uncatchable and untradable as of now. No eevee for you.

- - - - -
There is more money being spent on breast implants and Viagra today than on Alzheimer's research. This means that by 2040, there should be a large elderly population with perky boobs, huge erections, and absolutely no recollection of what to do with them.

From: the wreckage of Indianapolis | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 11-25-2002 05:52 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There's liable to be word of a Stadium for Gamecube by the time RuSa reaches our shores... if the Stadium has no backwards trading abilities, then I might as well not buy them...
New Guy
Farting Nudist
Member # 692

Member Rated:
posted 11-25-2002 06:49 PM      Profile for New Guy   Email New Guy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Herakurosu:
Unfortunately, without the use of a game-altering device, Eevee and various other 'old' pokemon will be eliminated. They're there, just uncatchable and untradable as of now. No eevee for you.

Not that I'm doubting your info, but I seriosly doubt that there will never be a way to get a legit Eevee. There is NO WAY AT ALL to get Eevee in this game? Not as a gift for finding a secret area? Not as a bonus after beating the Elite Four (I'm assuming thier still here)? Not as a prize for winning some kinda contest? NOTHING?

- - - - -
@!!**... I forgot my chain saw!-Satan

Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 11-25-2002 07:32 PM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This 341 dude had better be shafted in move compatibility, or or else the new Curselax will become obvious.

503 HP, 418 Attack (!!!) and a role that, if nothing else, will render Tauros useless (remember, Fish will fade out in RS_).

[ 11-25-2002, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: Jolt135 ]

From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
gruco
I am Ian Garvey's lovechild.
Member # 1645

Member Rated:
posted 11-25-2002 10:24 PM      Profile for gruco        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Speculation regarding Pokemon uncatchable in-game -

GBA Card Reader has a role, maybe?

And Jolt, my guess about the 341 guy is that his characteristic is severely limiting. Can't say for sure though.

[ 11-25-2002, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: gruco ]

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 11-25-2002 11:57 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Forgive me for not knowing but what is the 341 guy?
gruco
Member # 1645

Member Rated:
posted 11-26-2002 12:07 AM      Profile for gruco        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MK, go to the bottom of this thread

http://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/tuff/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=001422

Atma
Farting Nudist
Member # 689

Member Rated:
posted 11-26-2002 12:11 AM      Profile for Atma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"The 341 guy" is Kek-King, whose characteristic is laziness -- he only attacks once every two or three turns.

And Koffing/Weezing's characteristic is immunity to ground attacks.

- - - - -
"My name is Atma...
I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.
Forgotten in the river of time...
I've had an eternity to ponder the meaning of things...
And now I have an answer..."

From: Cinnabar Isle, Long Island, NY | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
JP Nogueira
Farting Nudist
Member # 962

Member Rated:
posted 11-26-2002 10:51 AM      Profile for JP Nogueira   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey guys, there is a Move Deleter in the game! I don't think he´s there only to erase HM moves, but he can be a clue that we can send pokés to old versions ^^

So, is Curselax coming to RS?

Kid Vid2
I am a tub of earwax.
Member # 2514

Member Rated:
posted 11-26-2002 06:14 PM      Profile for Kid Vid2   Email Kid Vid2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There's no Curse TM, and it doesn't learn Curse naturally, so *dance.*

I just hope it doesn't learn Build Up.

- - - - -
Clecky: waiting for things while on acid is weird
Clecky: beccause
Clecky: i lost that train of thought

From: cardbord box :((((((((((((( | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fluorine
SMELLY BUTT
Member # 2904

Member Rated:
posted 11-26-2002 09:08 PM      Profile for Fluorine     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would like to point out that Koffing's characteristic is effectively "floating", and that Gengar supposedly also gets that characteristic, thus eliminating its biggest weakness.

Other floating pokemon are Misdreavus, Unown, Runatoon, Soru-rock, Latias and Latios (which both are dragon/psychic). Maybe a couple others, but I remember those.

And yes, it seems that there is two different characteristics for most species, and that when you catch a wild pokemon, one of them is randomly chosen. And Raturosu's second possible characteristic seems to be "synchronize", and upon looking at Meowth's data, I see that Alakazam and Espeon also get that characteristic.

Trance, which is the characteristic of Raturosu I described, seems to be also valid for Porygon2.

And let's note that RuSa does contain sprites, stats, characteristics and moves for all 386 pokemon.

Oh, last thing: we got a second sporer, named Kinococo, which evolves into Kinogassa, which is a grass/fighting type with 130 base attack, and average speed. This doesn't smell good. Fortunately, some pokemon (some ghost named Jupetta, and some others like Noctowl or Ariados, according to Meowth's data) have the "insomnia" characteristic, so it's not as bad as it seems. Besides, Raturosu can "synchronize" and put the sporer asleep.

Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 11-27-2002 06:24 AM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Rhydon gets Megahorn.

That is all.

- - - - -

gruco
Member # 1645

Member Rated:
posted 11-27-2002 09:50 AM      Profile for gruco        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, that answers my question about how Rhydon will avoid being completely and absurdly outclassed with the appearance of Groundon...

...but damn, that's something.

j-br
Farting Nudist
Member # 1982

Member Rated:
posted 11-27-2002 10:07 AM      Profile for j-br     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Rhydon gets Megahorn.

That is all.

errr why does Meowth346 have it listed as a Ghost attack? A typo surely?
JP Nogueira
Farting Nudist
Member # 962

Member Rated:
posted 11-27-2002 10:37 AM      Profile for JP Nogueira   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kid Vid2, I think the presence of a Move Deleter in RS is a proof that we can trade between RS and GSCRBY. So, if this is correct, you do can bring Curselax to Houen.

There weren't any Explosion or Rock Slide TM's in GSC, but people have traded back pokémon to Chromatics, teach the attack, and bring them back to Mettalics.

- - - - -
----======= (o)
JP Noga
Gym Leader from Brazil

psykloak1
Farting Nudist
Member # 2275

Member Rated:
posted 11-27-2002 01:47 PM      Profile for psykloak1   Author's Homepage   Email psykloak1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think I remember a lot of people here saying they were not going to get RuSa. Has that opinion been changed?
I know I cant wait for it. I have the ROM but I cant bring my self to play it in Japanese.

And has it been decided to call R/S Gematics? I'm just wondering..

- - - - -
-psyk
NeptuneCircle.com

Gary Oak
Farting Nudist
Member # 1028

Member Rated:
posted 11-27-2002 02:41 PM      Profile for Gary Oak     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Did they add any new types to Ruby/Sapphire like they did in Gold/Silver? I haven't noticed if they did or not.

- - - - -
"You think it is done, you think all is well. Well kiss my green ass I shall see you in hell."

AIM: GRISH81

From: Roselle, Illinois | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
D-Teclis
Farting Nudist
Member # 974

Member Rated:
posted 11-27-2002 02:45 PM      Profile for D-Teclis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
no new type

- - - - -
Hearing about brats getting their butt's kicked is always satisfying.~~Pokegod

Dark_Herakurosu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1677

Member Rated:
posted 11-27-2002 03:35 PM      Profile for Dark_Herakurosu   Author's Homepage   Email Dark_Herakurosu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Another reason to use Rhydon - Its characteristic is 'Lightning Rod'. It still is not effected by Electric attacks, but now it draws all Electric attacks to it. Meaning that in a 2 vs 2 battle, if enemy Pikachu uses Thunderbolt on Gyarados, the attack is drawn to the (immune) Rhydon.

- - - - -
There is more money being spent on breast implants and Viagra today than on Alzheimer's research. This means that by 2040, there should be a large elderly population with perky boobs, huge erections, and absolutely no recollection of what to do with them.

From: the wreckage of Indianapolis | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.