The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » Still makes me laugh...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Still makes me laugh...
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-18-2002 10:15 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
http://cnview.com/on_line_resources/pokeman_introduction.htm

http://members.truepath.com/KIDS/pokemoninfo.htm

All those people who said Pokémon is evil, or, it warps your mind, etc... etc... where do these morons come from? It's funny to read so we can laugh at them. I had a school teacher back in high school who believed it was evil or somethin like that... Me, I've maybe yet to see any "decent reason" as for why it is so "evil"

Yes I know this is old etc... etc... but, it was still impacted Pokémon's Past, I don't think anyone really makes that big a deal about it anymore...

LanderZRPG
Got a whale of a tale to tell ya, lads!
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 08-18-2002 11:14 PM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Quoted from that stupid site:
"Who would want to play with that evil monster? I don't even like to look at him. Let's find something that makes us feel happy inside."

Like mad 5eX0rz??
</terribleresponses>

Edit: Another quote:
"It seemed to us that these cards had some sort of power," continued DiAnna Brannan. "Another nine-year-boy had stolen money from his mother's purse ($7.00) to buy more cards. When questioned, he confessed and said he had heard the devil urging him to do it. The family quickly gathered in prayer, then saw God's answer. Both the boy and his little sister burned their cards, warned their friends, and discovered the joy and freedom that only comes from following their Shepherd.

Ha ha to the mother. Let's burn her, too [Razz]
</this-time-,-I-mean-it>

[ 08-18-2002, 11:16 PM: Message edited by: LanderZRPG ]

- - - - -
From what we've learned, it seems like you'd prefer girls dressed in ant costumes or something... -Kazuki (Regarding tl;dr)

Owner of the Power Advantage DBZ RPG
(www.poweradvantage.net)

From: High Prairie, AB, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 08-19-2002 01:26 AM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Alright, let's get some more quotes in here.

"The Moon Stone evolves certain Pokemon, such as Clefairy."
[Confused]

"Select your desired attack. Hold down the button until your opponent's life stops draining."
That's the funnest part of the whole game ya ugly bitches!

Later, during a recent party for Matthew, Barbara heard two of the boys discussing their little pocket monsters. One said, "I'll just use my psychic powers."
I'm sure none of us have heard Pokemon haters say anything like that either.

Already, the world of fantasy had colored his real world.
Shut up bitch. Now I'll just lie back in my transichair and mind control my computer and...

He told her that during recess on the playground the children would "summon" the forces on the cards they collect by raising sticks into the air and saying, "'Spirits enter me.' They call it 'being possessed.'"
Lolololol. Either made up or big city skools are more screwed up than I thought.

Occult role-playing games teach the same dangerous lessons.
Pokemon is now an occult. Remember that, kiddos.

ROLE-PLAY AND PSYCHOLOGICAL ADDICTION
...You have a problem with Pokemon being fun enough to actually be worth playing?

The child learns to accept unthinkable behavior as "normal".

Day after day, this powerful psychological process manipulates the child's thoughts, feelings, and actions, until his or her personality changes and, as many parents confirm, interest in ordinary family life begins to wither away.

The child must exercise his own intelligent mind to learn the complex rules. But after learning the rules, the programmed stimuli produce conditioned responses in the player. These responses become increasingly automatic, a reflex action. Naturally, this can leads to psychological addiction, a craving for ever greater (and more expensive) thrills and darker forces."
Lolololololol.

"He has told us to train our children to choose His way (Proverbs 22:6), and we can't turn back now."
Look people, this is sad. Seriously. I'm a Christian, you know that. But many churches are like cults. People go to them, and the preacher is God. To them, anyways. What he says goes. And why does he say it? Because it's what the people want to hear. They WANT stuff to be banned for a made-up reason. They want to be told 'this is bad' 'this is evil' and 'this is what you should do'. People, this got me some tears just thinking about it. It's sad, and the majority of the Christian population is like that. How many of them do you think have had actual experiences with God? They can say 'I feel like God has told me to do this', but you know what? That's just because they want to do that so they convince themselves they did. They fantasize about being chosen by God to do something, and many of them imagine they have been. What they can't understand is only a very few people actually get chosen to do something. How many people got chosen in the Bible? Not many. They can't be happy with just reading the Bible and following it. They have to get people to interpret it for them, the lazy bastards. And there are many misconceptions. Why? Because people don't read the Bible themselves. I am content with having read much of the Bible myself and very not likely having been chosen to do anything special.

[i] Spark awareness in a young child with comments such as, "That monster looks mean!"
"Who would want to play with that evil monster? I don't even like to look at him. Let's find something that makes us feel happy inside."

OMG WTF? SOMETHING ISNT A CUTE TEDDY BEAR BITCH! BURN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does it oppose or agree with God's Word?
Does it build godly character?

In other words, everything has to have something to do with the Bible [Roll Eyes]

"Her twelve year old son had been having nightmares. But after a discussion with his parents about the game and its symbols, he was convicted to burn his cards and return his Gameboy game. That night slept well for the first time in a month."
See the 'cute teddy bear bitch' thing above, just for the burning part. And if he had nightmares, get a psychatrist cuz he's got severe problems.

"It seemed to us that these cards had some sort of power," continued DiAnna Brannan.
Alright, this is their 'good guy' talking and saying they believe the cards had powers. Liek, WTF?

"Another nine-year-boy had stolen money from his mother's purse ($7.00) to buy more cards. When questioned, he confessed and said he had heard the devil urging him to do it.
Sure, like anyone with a brain will believe that. Unless he figured he could get out of trouble or was insane.

The family quickly gathered in prayer, then saw God's answer. Both the boy and his little sister burned their cards, warned their friends, and discovered the joy and freedom that only comes from following their Shepherd.
Umm... OK, whatever. This is your standard 'do this and everything will change from hell to heaven' story. Nightmares to joy and freedom. Whaaaaatever.

Thanx for posting those links, I sure got a laugh out of 'em. Also the opposite though...

- - - - -
What Nintendo doesn't want you to know
Uiru: "Now that we're all used to the rules, clauses and by-laws... what would happen to the metagame if every one of them were whipped away?"
GP-Chan: "id probably quit every battle, and not just every other battle."
ThumbsOfSteel: "Why, because they broke the rules?"

Draco the spirit dragon
Farting Nudist
Member # 2900

Member Rated:
posted 08-19-2002 03:13 PM      Profile for Draco the spirit dragon   Email Draco the spirit dragon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Pokemon evil? LOL right. in my opinion anyone who does evil things becuse of pokemon is not right in the head to start with.

- - - - -
always expect the unexpected!

I've desidered since I can't get my Nidoking Gorkamorka into R/S he's be killed and reincarnated as a Metagross.

The Purple Lanturn
Farting Nudist
Member # 2168

Member Rated:
posted 08-20-2002 02:59 PM      Profile for The Purple Lanturn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wonder why they're still at it. It's not as popular as it used to be. Maybe they won't rest until every surviving pokemon player has their Gameboy burned by their parents who belive this fluff. It is funnier than ever becuase it's not as big anymore and who would waste their time nitpicking through everything pokemon looking for anything that could look wrong or write a book filled with the stuff.

- - - - -
It's too hard to think of a signature.

From: Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 08-21-2002 12:38 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Purple: I wonder why they're still at it.

I think the only one still at it is MK.

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 08-21-2002 03:08 AM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've read the first one before.

Different background, different site, same 'stories'.

The same horse shit repeated over and over.
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 08-21-2002 05:45 AM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jshadias:
[QB]"Another nine-year-boy had stolen money from his mother's purse ($7.00) to buy more cards. When questioned, he confessed and said he had heard the devil urging him to do it.

Sure, like anyone with a brain will believe that. Unless he figured he could get out of trouble or was insane.
QB]

It's called "My parents are obsessed with their religion so if I blame all my problems on the Devil I won't be held responsible". ¬_¬
PKMN Master FRAZZE
Farting Nudist
Member # 2404

Member Rated:
posted 08-21-2002 06:57 AM      Profile for PKMN Master FRAZZE     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hehe that was funny. Who ever wrote that knew a lot about Pokémon and had probably played it a fair bit, or they could have done shit loads of research.

- - - - -
What's the use of the truth if you can't tell a lie?

From: Why the fuck do you care? | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
LanderZRPG
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 08-21-2002 11:18 AM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've decided to give up my Satanic Worshipping, along with its virgin sacrifices and killing sprees, and worship the bigger, badder guys on the block.
Pokemonz

pogeymanz !!>!!(more evil than) BillyBob(a.k.a. Satan)

- - - - -
From what we've learned, it seems like you'd prefer girls dressed in ant costumes or something... -Kazuki (Regarding tl;dr)

(www.poweradvantage.net)

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 08-21-2002 01:16 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
...can I have the virgins?
~Uiru

- - - - -

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

LanderZRPG
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 08-22-2002 11:40 PM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've changed my mind.

I keep the virgins.

Uiru can get the consolation prize of both the undying need to worship Satan, as well as pogeymanz.

- - - - -

(www.poweradvantage.net)

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 08-23-2002 01:57 AM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well fuck you.

[Big Grin]

I don't WANT the undying need to worship Satan. I'll take the pogeymanz, though. Just got a 15/15/15/13/15 Sandshrew w/ Flail, Safeguard and Counter. [Smile] Same stats at my latest Porygon, actually...
~Uiru

- - - - -

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

Blade Sabre
Farting Nudist
Member # 2858

Member Rated:
posted 09-01-2002 08:46 AM      Profile for Blade Sabre     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Draco: in my opinion anyone who does evil things becuse of pokemon is not right in the head to start with.

Probably [Big Grin] .

[ 09-01-2002, 08:48 AM: Message edited by: Blade Sabre ]

- - - - -
runescaped@yahoo.co.uk

Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 09-02-2002 03:35 AM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
...Both the boy and his little sister burned their cards, warned their friends, and discovered the joy and freedom that only comes from following their Shepherd
You can't burn Fire pokemon >:)

[ 09-02-2002, 03:37 AM: Message edited by: Cesar ]

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 09-02-2002 12:28 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cesar:
You can't burn Fire pokemon > [Smile]

b0rked logic ppl used TRI ATTACK!
From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.