The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » New Advance pics and news

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Advance pics and news
Mew lover 321
Farting Nudist
Member # 2541

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2002 08:16 PM      Profile for Mew lover 321        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
YES! Pokemon.com has released new news and pictures of Pokemon Advance! Oh, and they also greatly improved the design of the site.

Ok, this is a change in pokemon training forever. This new 2 on 2 battle technique will make the whole battle system waaaaaay more strategic, and also harder.

Discuss.

- - - - -
"Government employer looking for candidates. Criminal background required."

Found at the site "Things People Said"

From: The Orion Arm | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2002 08:55 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
2 on 2 battle technique?

Wow, they're finally catching up to the GSBots.

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2002 10:31 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh my God, Kinokoko 0wnz. ^_^ I hope it doesn't suck.

Actual 2-on-2... wow. I was expecting the Stadium-style 2-on-2, which is outrageously lame. [Smile] I wonder if attacks will be able to hit both at once, like Earthquake and Surf?
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2002 10:37 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ha ha! Pokémon just gained a whole other level of complexity!

Now there *really* will be stratedgy involved!

It's about time there was a Shark pokémon!

jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2002 11:10 PM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

For idiots like me who didn't realize the link to the images was at the very top of the first page. I absolutely despise how the new Pokemon look. And call me insane, but now that I see these in-battle new gfx, I actually liked the old ones much better. They should be more Advance Wars style. Those gfx 0wn. BTW, do you think there might be 12 Pokemon on a team? Though that would make it possible to have a counter for pretty much anything on your team... A COMPLETE strategy transformation = 0WNAGE!

[ 07-15-2002, 11:16 PM: Message edited by: jshadias ]

- - - - -
What Nintendo doesn't want you to know
Uiru: "Now that we're all used to the rules, clauses and by-laws... what would happen to the metagame if every one of them were whipped away?"
GP-Chan: "id probably quit every battle, and not just every other battle."
ThumbsOfSteel: "Why, because they broke the rules?"

oporaca
Farting Nudist
Member # 922

Member Rated:
posted 07-16-2002 01:05 AM      Profile for oporaca     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There also appear to be different battle environments, which could have different effects on the battle, making them much more interesting! *crosses fingers*

EDIT: My mistake. Looks like it's just effects of the attack. Still, this means the attack graphics will look a lot better (probably with the anime backgrounds and everything).

[ 07-16-2002, 01:10 AM: Message edited by: oporaca ]

- - - - -
I'm a closet Pokémon fan -- all evidence I like Pokémon is locked away in my closet.

Fluorine
SMELLY BUTT
Member # 2904

Member Rated:
posted 07-16-2002 09:48 PM      Profile for Fluorine     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There will surely still be 6 pokemon per team during the quest itself (or it'd be fucking easy). 2v2 linked games, however, would probably allow 6 pokemon per player, which would be a 12v12. Pretty cool [Wink]

But we shouldn't be that happy about the 2v2 thingie, not before knowing how it's gonna work.

If they're doing what I think they are doing, each turn will allow the 4 pokemon to attack, each pokemon aiming to a specific opponent (some attacks like equake can hit both). But then, it's total bullshit unless they make defense stats significantly higher, so a team of two jolts can't KO a suicune in a single turn given their speed advantage! So I think that the 2v2 would bring some changes in the stats and damage formula. Just speculating. Maybe both pokemon can't attack the same opponent in the same turn, too. Anyway, I'm just a little afraid that they mess up on this.

Of course it could work like the gsbots, but I don't think so. In one pic, you see the shark at the bottom left attacking with crunch the pokemon at the top left, and in another, you see the mushroom at the top left attacking the skull at the bottom right, so it doesn't match the positions. Pretty weak arguments, but... anyway.

D-Teclis
Farting Nudist
Member # 974

Member Rated:
posted 07-17-2002 04:27 AM      Profile for D-Teclis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In 2 Vs 2,I'm curious about a small detail:how will work sing and explosion [Smile]

- - - - -
Hearing about brats getting their butt's kicked is always satisfying.~~Pokegod

SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 07-17-2002 09:53 AM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think 2v2 is that you only get to use 2 Pokemon TOTAL as opposed to 6, but you get to use them both simultaneously/
D-Teclis
Farting Nudist
Member # 974

Member Rated:
posted 07-17-2002 10:03 AM      Profile for D-Teclis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It seems logical.
But,Only 2 poke,whit attacks like explosion...
Another thing would be:
poke slot 1 vs ennemy poke slot 1
poke slot 2 vs ennemy poke slot 2
Thus,keeping the "6 poke per team",allowing to switch between the 2 poke/ the bench.

- - - - -
Hearing about brats getting their butt's kicked is always satisfying.~~Pokegod

10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 07-17-2002 02:08 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
While we're speculating: My guess is that you choose one of your two pokemon which is in battle, to attack during each turn. This would give you access to 8 different attacks! Also would mean that you would build *teams* instead of individuals (not what I'm used to).

I think it's safe to say that the battle system got the kind ot overhaul so many people here were desiring. *NOW* will all you old-Schoolers who skipped G/S/C start playing again??

Fluorine
SMELLY BUTT
Member # 2904

Member Rated:
posted 07-17-2002 02:16 PM      Profile for Fluorine     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SDShamshel:
I think 2v2 is that you only get to use 2 Pokemon TOTAL as opposed to 6, but you get to use them both simultaneously/

It's stupid. A lot of pokemon would be highly disadvantaged in this system, such as Golem, Scizor, and most pokes with a 4x weakness

quote:
Another thing would be:
poke slot 1 vs ennemy poke slot 1
poke slot 2 vs ennemy poke slot 2
Thus,keeping the "6 poke per team",allowing to switch between the 2 poke/ the bench.

That's how gsbot's 2v2 works. But I already mentioned that on some pics, there seems to be crossing between slots, i.e. slot 1 attacking slot 2 and vice versa.

quote:
While we're speculating: My guess is that you choose one of your two pokemon which is in battle, to attack during each turn. This would give you access to 8 different attacks! Also would mean that you would build *teams* instead of individuals (not what I'm used to).
That isn't a bad idea, but my bet is that the 2v2 feature has been imagined mainly because of the possibility to connect 4 GBAs *hint* *hint* together. Such a system is great if the player owns both pokemon, but if it's a 4 players game, it wouldn't work that well.
The Muffin King
Farting Nudist
Member # 2240

Member Rated:
posted 07-17-2002 08:23 PM      Profile for The Muffin King   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Please let it include GCN connectivity.....Please....a real game, not a stadium clone...
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-20-2002 04:13 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
At the very least we'll get a Stadium Clone...

Now, the icing on the cake is if it takes advantage of online gaming through Gamecube Modem...

Mew lover 321
Farting Nudist
Member # 2541

Member Rated:
posted 07-21-2002 09:45 PM      Profile for Mew lover 321        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just bumping this up so people will see it.

- - - - -
"Government employer looking for candidates. Criminal background required."

Found at the site "Things People Said"

From: The Orion Arm | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
veloS
8=D~~O:
Member # 2636

Member Rated:
posted 07-22-2002 08:40 AM      Profile for veloS     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm getting Sapphire... [Wink]

- - - - -
www.mightyrhapsody.com

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.