The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » are we the last of a dieing few?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: are we the last of a dieing few?
Zokou
Farting Nudist
Member # 1951

Member Rated:
posted 07-10-2002 07:24 PM      Profile for Zokou   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i picked up my gba the other day and sloted in my crystal version. it had been a while since i played and i needed to remind myself why it was the greatest interactive rpg ever. after turning on the game i found to my astonishment that there was something i hadnt done. i went about catching the last few dogs and then ho-oh. but then i just sat there. my little bro was busy creating new yugioh strategies and i asked him if any of his friends played pokemon he just shrugged. its a shame that this gr8 game is starting to fade out. this is the single greatest game i have ever played and i believe it should be passed on to the younger generation like lego! but instead i just get the feeling that i am one of the few remaining hardcore fans. and to anyone who feels the way i do, i make you a promise: i will buy every version from now till i die and nver stop loving the greatest game ever made. any one with me? [Confused]

- - - - -
DUFF MAN SAYS "OOHH YEEAAHH"

From: London, England | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mr. Triple Ply
Farting Nudist
Member # 2916

Member Rated:
posted 07-11-2002 02:21 AM      Profile for Mr. Triple Ply     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
its a sad thing indeed, these kids go from one fad to the next, today pokemon tomorrow harry potter [Frown]

:is a closet yugioh fan:

- - - - -
Mr. K: But some people suck more than others.

I M A Pokeprofessional: Thus, in a well-ritten article, I shall explain my complete take on this situation.

From: out there somewhere nowhere elsewhere | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-13-2002 04:52 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was super into Pokémon, but, for some reason I've lost alot of interest in it. Now I do the card game way more than the video game. Maybe the fact that I didn't get to go to an offical Nintendo battle like I did for RBY hurt a bit.

Also, we didn't get the mobile adapter, and, I rarely got to link cable battle anyone... it's sad. Maybe this is why I'm really out of it:

I feel I have master Gold and Silver. I have a great team ready for battle and no one to battle. I am content with my current team, I have no reason to play the game anymore. I was happy when Gold and Silver came out. Now, I'll be actually a bit disapointed when Pokémon Advanced comes out because them everything will change and to be on top of it all I'd have to buy a GBA, new games, and start training all over again, follow the metagame, visit message boards, train train train catch breed trade for countless hours, ugh! Maybe I used to have the heart of a child or something and could stomach it, but, I've sadly lost interest and now Pokémon the video game sounds alot more like a chore than something fun...

I'm sorry this is just how I seem to feel, and, it actually saddens me. Pokémon for GBA is just going to be the same old thing again. 100/101 new pkmn, probably another rare like celebi/mew. New legendaries, some new moves, new professor, same basic concept, catch-raise-train-repeat.

Now, with the Gamecube and future modem thing, maybe there will be a Pokémon Stadium with online battling, but, I say it will be a little late, we needed this back when Pokémon was in it's heyday... it's a little late now... =(

Zokou
Farting Nudist
Member # 1951

Member Rated:
posted 07-13-2002 08:54 AM      Profile for Zokou   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i suppose its different for me, although ive only been to two official events, ive always had my cousins and brother who are huge allround fans and are allways up for a battle.

- - - - -
DUFF MAN SAYS "OOHH YEEAAHH"

From: London, England | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 07-13-2002 09:40 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It doesn't need to die out.

Whatshisname, that Nintendo guy, has said he wants to make the Pokemon characters as big as Mickey Mouse and the gang.

A good way to keep that going is to not put out another boring game like G/S/C. IMO, adding tons of new species only dilutes the game.

Snap was a terrific game. If they use their imagination like they did with that game, Pokemon can be around for long time.

Just like Mario.

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 07-13-2002 10:13 AM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. K:
Whatshisname, that Nintendo guy

Yeah, that really narrows the list down. ^^;;;
Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 07-13-2002 05:20 PM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You mean Mr. Watashineimu?

- - - - -
YOU'RE WINNER!

From: Celadon City Gym | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 07-13-2002 07:57 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OK, fuck all y'all for making me look it up:

"Our interest now is making sure we can sustain its popularity as long as possible, like Mickey Mouse, with Walt Disney.

We want to keep it viable as long as we can, so we'll be trying various new options."

--Hiroshi Imanshi

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Yavarice
Farting Nudist
Member # 420

Member Rated:
posted 07-13-2002 09:03 PM      Profile for Yavarice   Author's Homepage   Email Yavarice   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I pretty much pwned R/B/Y (thanx to this site) but never really got into G/S (let alone C). I managed to play through silver, take out the indigo plat and Ash in that mountain. But I still havn't caught any of the 3 doggies or Ho-Oh. It felt like I already did this all before so lost interest.

I want Snap on the GameCube, without the limitations of a cartridge it ought to get a better reception.

- - - - -
~Mick_Hale

jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 07-13-2002 11:53 PM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yavarice, your sig 0wns!

- - - - -
What Nintendo doesn't want you to know
Uiru: "Now that we're all used to the rules, clauses and by-laws... what would happen to the metagame if every one of them were whipped away?"
GP-Chan: "id probably quit every battle, and not just every other battle."
ThumbsOfSteel: "Why, because they broke the rules?"

Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 07-14-2002 11:07 PM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I seriously hope Pokemon advance is much more different then RBY and GSC. When I went to play Silver, it felt like I was replaying the yellow version again except without having a cute thing following me.

Their should be various paths and options, each path having an impact on the rest of the game. Such as that medicine to help out that ampharos, you should be able to give it to the gym leader or trade it for a prize to the guy that owns the miltank farm. And in return the next time you see that gym leader would be in lavender town. (I know its a useless example, but I was making it up as I went along ^_^)

The 100 new pokemon was just a way to attract kids to the new cute super powerfull pokemon.

[ 07-14-2002, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: Cesar ]

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
PKMN Master FRAZZE
Farting Nudist
Member # 2404

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2002 03:42 AM      Profile for PKMN Master FRAZZE     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow, it seems like I'm the only one that likes G/S/C. But Red is still my favorite Pokémon game.

- - - - -
What's the use of the truth if you can't tell a lie?

From: Why the fuck do you care? | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mr. Triple Ply
Farting Nudist
Member # 2916

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2002 07:47 PM      Profile for Mr. Triple Ply     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I liked G/S at first it had some interesting things but after a while it felt just like R/B

i only liked a couple of the new pokemon so my team was pretty much the same, except Houndoom

[ 07-15-2002, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: Mr. Triple Ply ]

- - - - -
Mr. K: But some people suck more than others.

I M A Pokeprofessional: Thus, in a well-ritten article, I shall explain my complete take on this situation.

From: out there somewhere nowhere elsewhere | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 07-18-2002 12:20 AM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The thing that kinda bothers me: as the complexity of the battle system increases (with Pokemon Advances 2x2 thingy going on) the learning curve for mastery grows more and more. It's going to be harder for Joe Schmoe, who hasn't picked up Pokémon prior to G/S/C/R/B/Y to want to buy and learn about the game. Especially with 350 different pokémon... That would take forever to learn starting from knowing zero. I hope Pokémon advance is able to cater to both the Poké-Fanatic as well as those who are interested in the game for the first time.
jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 07-18-2002 08:27 AM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You are right about the learning curve, unfortunately. However, I propose that when you battle someone and kick their ass you teach they why they just got their ass handed to them. I have beaten a whole team using Toxic from a Blissey, but immediately after the battle I explained to the opponent how to foil Toxic (switch out...). He also had a M2 on his team. We never did find the M2's ass...

- - - - -
What Nintendo doesn't want you to know
Uiru: "Now that we're all used to the rules, clauses and by-laws... what would happen to the metagame if every one of them were whipped away?"
GP-Chan: "id probably quit every battle, and not just every other battle."
ThumbsOfSteel: "Why, because they broke the rules?"

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.