The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » Tameness is Trainer Brainwashing? Inbreeding Pokemon good?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tameness is Trainer Brainwashing? Inbreeding Pokemon good?
Nanashi
Farting Nudist
Member # 2926

Member Rated:
posted 07-10-2002 10:03 AM      Profile for Nanashi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A while back, due some events at the Psypoke.com forums (which I moderated under the name "Wolfbane" or "Wolfbane150"), I grew a strong hate of Eevees. I also had a strong desire to complete my silver Pokedex.

So I had to raise a family of the emeffers.

I got a female Eevee from Bill. I named her after a family member who I hated at the time.

I bred her with my ditto.

She had a little male Eevee (which would have had the dittos stats) named LadiesMan.

So then I bred the female eevee with LadiesMan. They had a little male Eevee, inbred as heck, and I named him Jethro and began raising him.

Jethro was just a doll! I had so much fun raising him into an Umbre. I love that little guy. He's the sweetest little Poke. He's kinda big now, L24 I think, but... aww..

So My Eevee brainwashed me out of hating Eeveelutions.. except Espe.

Anyway, I tried breeding Jethy with his mom/grandma, it didn't work.

Jeth's kids (with a ditto, not sure if it was his grandpa) grew up to be my Flareon, Jolteon, and Espeon. I still hate Espeon more than any other Eeveelution, though. I hate it to this day. Thank a few of the other former Psypoke moderators.

So, hasn't Nintendo done a great job with the anti-inbreeding features? NOT! And don't you think tameness evos are a way for Nintendo to brainwash you into liking cute cuddly Pokemon?

- - - - -
MEWTWO: HOW ARE YOU BROCK. ALL YOUR NURSE JOY ARE BELONG TO US. YOU HAVE NO CHANCE TO MACK MAKE YOUR TIME.

Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 07-10-2002 02:17 PM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't try to think of it as "tameness", but rather the attachment a Pokemon has towards you as you raise it, care for it, and train it.

- - - - -
YOU'RE WINNER!

From: Celadon City Gym | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-10-2002 05:16 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, tameness was a poor choice of words. It should really be "how much the poke likes you" but, tameness was a way to kind say that in only 8 letters...
Nanashi
Farting Nudist
Member # 2926

Member Rated:
posted 07-10-2002 06:21 PM      Profile for Nanashi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, Tameness is what Neanderthal-tendo calls it.

And yes, they are Neanderthals.

- - - - -
MEWTWO: HOW ARE YOU BROCK. ALL YOUR NURSE JOY ARE BELONG TO US. YOU HAVE NO CHANCE TO MACK MAKE YOUR TIME.

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 07-10-2002 09:46 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I dunno, I think 'love' or 'respect' or 'caring' would have made a thousand times more sense than stupid 'tameness'. You do not TAME a Gyarados, no matter how much it loves you. But then, you also don't use Sunny Day at night. Or have female Mr. Mime. (Could it have been so hard to name them 'Mrs. Mime', at the very least?)
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 07-10-2002 10:47 PM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Uiru:
I dunno, I think 'love' or 'respect' or 'caring' would have made a thousand times more sense than stupid 'tameness'. You do not TAME a Gyarados, no matter how much it loves you. But then, you also don't use Sunny Day at night. Or have female Mr. Mime. (Could it have been so hard to name them 'Mrs. Mime', at the very least?)
~Uiru

I prefer tameness because I do not care for my Pokemon. I play the game to have fun, not bond with Pokemon. About the Mr. Mime thing, I see no reason why they could not have had a 100% of them being male...

- - - - -
What Nintendo doesn't want you to know
Uiru: "Now that we're all used to the rules, clauses and by-laws... what would happen to the metagame if every one of them were whipped away?"
GP-Chan: "id probably quit every battle, and not just every other battle."
ThumbsOfSteel: "Why, because they broke the rules?"

Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 07-11-2002 06:52 PM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mr. Mime's Japanese name is Barrier'd or something like that. Blame Nintendo for giving the clown a gender specific name.

The Japanese name for Sunny Day is Clear Skies. Therefore, it would work during the night by clearing out the clouds.

- - - - -
YOU'RE WINNER!

From: Celadon City Gym | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 07-11-2002 08:13 PM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
But they should change the US Versions or something, how hard could it be? Hell, I could do it if I knew the Pokedex format.

- - - - -
What Nintendo doesn't want you to know
Uiru: "Now that we're all used to the rules, clauses and by-laws... what would happen to the metagame if every one of them were whipped away?"
GP-Chan: "id probably quit every battle, and not just every other battle."
ThumbsOfSteel: "Why, because they broke the rules?"

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.