The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » why is pokémon training so boring?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: why is pokémon training so boring?
PokéProGamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 2735

Member Rated:
posted 04-20-2002 12:49 PM      Profile for PokéProGamer   Email PokéProGamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
couldn't nintendo make the elite four different evry time you visit it? it becomes so boring when you fight the same xatu with the same moves for the 300th time, I mean come on, give them at least a new move, or let them have different pokémon each time you go there, and the battle tower isn't better either, it's like playing stadium in your gameboy version, boring...
but it does have some original moments like a machamp who survives an psychic, that's really cool... [Mad]

so when someone of the development team reads this(ye right...) please change the d**n elite five...

- - - - -
It's the Nintendo difference

From: Currently just hangin' in Hoenn | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
gruco
I am Ian Garvey's lovechild.
Member # 1645

Member Rated:
posted 04-20-2002 01:15 PM      Profile for gruco        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This might belong in the Pokemon Center, but I dunno.

At any rate, I consider this one of the primary design flaws of the game, and wish Nintendo could have done something to at least make it more interesting, if not faster. At the same time however, I think it's a great balancing issue. By forcing people to work for their pokes, they severely limit how many will be readily available for a mltiplayer battle at any given time. All that becomes irrelevant when sharkers enter the picture, but I guess that's a different can of worms or something.

At any rate, when using trades and Pokerus, it's really not that tough to get one Pokemon to level 100. It can be troublesome when you use something with little or no attack moves though, like that Blissey or Forretress I raised up a little while back...

jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 07-07-2002 01:11 PM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Methinks they should do SOMETHING to stop Sharking. I might actually play it a bit then. Maybe.

- - - - -
What Nintendo doesn't want you to know
Uiru: "Now that we're all used to the rules, clauses and by-laws... what would happen to the metagame if every one of them were whipped away?"
GP-Chan: "id probably quit every battle, and not just every other battle."
ThumbsOfSteel: "Why, because they broke the rules?"

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 07-07-2002 02:38 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Surely it can't be too difficult for a Game Boy to be able to detect if it's got a game jammed in it or not. All they'd have to do is program Pokémon Advance to delete your save file if a GameShark is detected. That'd crack down on sharking pretty quickly. [Big Grin]

But they won't, 'cause that'd make too much sense.
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
PikaCharma
I scanned my boobs and then said I was leaving and never coming back. OOPS!
Member # 2026

Member Rated:
posted 07-07-2002 07:13 PM      Profile for PikaCharma   Author's Homepage   Email PikaCharma   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey, cool idea! Set it up so the use of any Inter-Act product stands about a 75% chance of causing your save file to spontaneously and irrevocably delete itself...

Oh, wait. [Embarrassed]

(( Damn, seems everything's already been thought of now days. [Razz] ))

[ 07-08-2002, 12:17 AM: Message edited by: PikaCharma ]

- - - - -
Pikacharma's Bottomless Pit -- Vote 4 Mike, see a dead Togepi, and take the Pokemon Purity test!

"There's no such thing as a soul. It's just something made up to scare us kids, like the boogieman or Michael Jackson." -- Bart Simpson

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 07-07-2002 08:33 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If I hadn't 5'd you before...
~Uiru

- - - - -

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 07-07-2002 10:19 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here's how you make leveling easier. You need 2 GBCs for this.

~Grab a team of Blissey, Dragonite, T-Tar, Shuckle, Electrode, and Mewtwo on the game that doesn't have the Pokemon you want on it.
~Shark them to L100, and then just give them one move that does nothing. Preferably with a lot of PP.
~Mystery Gift the two games.
~Go to the Trainer House, and battle. Win, reset the time, and repeat.

Not only do you get a lot of EXP, but your Stat Exp. is maxed as well. [Big Grin]

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 07-07-2002 10:32 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Didn't you read that thread in the other topic? Six Mews beats the pants off that team and a Mewtwo, two Houou and three Lugia team beats the pants off that.

And 'Shark to Lv. 100'?
~Uiru

- - - - -

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 07-07-2002 10:49 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He wants real experience, too...
From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 07-08-2002 12:59 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You're going to need Stat EXP sooner or later; why not get it while you level? Leveling with Blisseys means you're going to get almost zero Attack and Defence bonuses. I'm quite sure if you worked out the time it took to get all stat EXP and as well as regular EXP, the Mewtwo-Lugia-Houou team would be far superior.
~Uiru- now, you might use the Blissey team to level up the Mewtwo-Lugia-Houou, since their stat EXP doesn't matter...

- - - - -

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-13-2002 04:56 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Surely it can't be too difficult for a Game Boy to be able to detect if it's got a game jammed in it or not. All they'd have to do is program Pokémon Advance to delete your save file if a GameShark is detected. That'd crack down on sharking pretty quickly.

Yeah but the Gameshark people would then make a gameshark that would bypass this system.

Nintendo did do stuff for the N64 to lock out Gamesharks on their cartridges, that's why they kept coming out with new versions of Gamesharks, they had to make new ones that could get past Nintendo's attempt to keep Gamesharks out of their system...

Dmaster
Farting Nudist
Member # 1653

posted 07-18-2002 06:47 AM      Profile for Dmaster     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Did you see what those gameshark people did when crystal came out. [Frown]

They made a new and improved game shark that had all the codes I out there and some new codes, all ready built in....those evil b$%#*%^s. [Mad]

Devil's Spawn = Gameshark.

- - - - -
Why Am I always last to know everything

From: B`Ham/United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 07-18-2002 07:27 AM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If Nintendo wants to keep out GameSharks, why do they continue to let them make accessories for their systems? Oh wait, I'm guessing the individual game programmers wanted to keep them out. Whatever. I hate GameSharks.

- - - - -
What Nintendo doesn't want you to know
Uiru: "Now that we're all used to the rules, clauses and by-laws... what would happen to the metagame if every one of them were whipped away?"
GP-Chan: "id probably quit every battle, and not just every other battle."
ThumbsOfSteel: "Why, because they broke the rules?"

Fluorine
SMELLY BUTT
Member # 2904

Member Rated:
posted 07-18-2002 10:08 AM      Profile for Fluorine     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
At least with GameShark you don't lose precious time training crap pokes to do crap battles with your friends. GSbot > game boy battles, precisely because GSbot battles are the equivalent of battles between two teams of sharked pokes.

If you shark LEGAL pokes, I don't see anything wrong with that. I mean, c'mon, spending HOURS training a pokemon is a complete, total, utter loss of time. I lost a lot of time doing so and I don't want to do that again thx >_<

Blade Sabre
Farting Nudist
Member # 2858

Member Rated:
posted 07-18-2002 11:03 AM      Profile for Blade Sabre     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The GameShark is useful for finding out how Pokemon works. Armed with this knowledge, it is then possible to train new Pokemon in a more informed way. But I do disagree with just sharking up Pokemon to battle with. The game was designed to take time to play.

By the way, do the GSC versions still have that swirly black graphic at the start of every fight? In my opinion, that made up half of the answer to the question of why Pokemon training is so boring. The other half is the system where Pokemon come out stronger if trained on lower level enemies.

- - - - -
runescaped@yahoo.co.uk

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.