The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » Sometimes it sucks being Canadian.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sometimes it sucks being Canadian.
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 01-11-2002 05:12 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Americans got an episode today which has an entire village of Wobbuffet.

Meanwhile, up in Canada, YTV gives us an episode that has Bellossom and James in tights.

I think I'm about to be ill.

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
[Articuno]
Farting Nudist
Member # 2454

Member Rated:
posted 01-11-2002 09:44 PM      Profile for [Articuno]   Email [Articuno]   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry youre Canadian, word up

I havent watched the anime, so i dont know what you are talking about

- - - - -
All I wanted was to make the world a better place...and make shitloads of money

From: Seafoam Islands, RBY | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Coxy
Hulkamania has run wild over me.
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
posted 01-12-2002 08:26 AM      Profile for Coxy   Email Coxy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ptah! Aussies get screwed by Network Ten playing reruns AGAIN!!!!

- - - - -
I love nintendolover, but only in a strictly platonic sense.

Fractyl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1311

Member Rated:
posted 01-12-2002 05:24 PM      Profile for Fractyl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Who cares. That episode has already been played for us Canucks.

Doesn't matter to me though, I get both the WB and YTV, thanks to my living on near the border and I have digital cable, ^_^

- - - - -
I pretty much agree with Fractyl. -- Porygone

From: Wetlands of Langley B.C. | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bartlebee
Farting Nudist
Member # 1778

Member Rated:
posted 01-12-2002 05:24 PM      Profile for Bartlebee   Email Bartlebee   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"Sometimes?"

- - - - -
[Wang deleted due to absurd length.]

From: Your mom's ass | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 01-12-2002 06:10 PM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I watch it on YTV sometimes.
You must of missed the eposide

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 01-13-2002 05:20 AM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You think it sucks being Canadian?

Think again. Being a Swede is, by far, much worse.

TV4, which airs all the pokémon episodes, never aired the 11(!) last episodes of Orange League, then they changed their broadcasting schedule so that Pokémon now airs at 07.55 in the morning >_<

But there's more to come: They say they'll skip 26 episodes (WTF?!) in order to catch up with the US broadcasting schedule.

OrientalNoodle's problem with one missing episode pales in comparison.

Bulbarita
Farting Nudist
Member # 1744

Member Rated:
posted 01-13-2002 03:05 PM      Profile for Bulbarita     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
TV4, which airs all the pokémon episodes, never aired the 11(!) last episodes of Orange League, then they changed their broadcasting schedule so that Pokémon now airs at 07.55 in the morning >_<

I thought it was weird.

- - - - -
Not enough Swedish girls where I live. - Psybro

kelv
Farting Nudist
Member # 843

posted 01-27-2002 11:52 PM      Profile for kelv   Email kelv   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
YTV is a really big pain when it comes to broadcasting Pokémon, that's what I can say. I stopped watching it on YTV because:

1) They're hopelessly behind (I think the last episode aired in Canada is the one with Skiploom in it), and it will be months before they catch up (They're replaying early Johto episodes)
2) Their schedule is really subject to change. One week it was new, rerun, new, rerun, and another rerun. The next it was all new, and the one after that is all rerun.
3) Their weekend run is not that much better.

All the more reason to watch it on the WB here in Canada (and you do have two feeds), for those of you with cable or satellite, and with the return of Static Shock, I won't have to worry about waking up at six AM to watch Pokémon.

Frogjedi
Farting Nudist
Member # 772

Member Rated:
posted 01-31-2002 07:02 PM      Profile for Frogjedi   Author's Homepage   Email Frogjedi   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think Sugar is hot.

- - - - -
-"Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

From: I'm filing. Oh yes I'm filing. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mana Lugia
Farting Nudist
Member # 905

Member Rated:
posted 02-03-2002 08:56 PM      Profile for Mana Lugia   Author's Homepage   Email Mana Lugia   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
uh, Me watch YTV, and I must say: I don't watch pokemon much anymore cause They are all RERUNS!!!!!!

Ugh...

Also, I don't have WB, so...

- - - - -
[Sig deleted due to User being a Panda Lover.]

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 02-04-2002 05:09 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The most recent episode that YTV has showed was the Ecruteak gym battle. They've shown 26 episodes from the current season. I checked an online TV guide, and it looks like we're getting reruns for at least another two weeks.

(BTW, while looking through said guide, saw a listing for a Pokemon episode called "Mountain Time". Not being able to remember that one, I checked the plot synopsis, and read "Ash's team makes a new friend, but Team Rocket ruins the day." Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that apply to almost every Pokemon episode?)

I've got a gripe about KidsWB's false advertising. They make a big deal about a "3-part search for Articuno" and then the first two episodes have almost nothing to do with it!! I'd also like to remind AshCo that they've already seen Articuno...

And Frogjedi speaks the truth.

- - - - -
"Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula?"
-- Barack Obama, campaigning in Iowa

Coxy
Hulkamania has run wild over me.
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
posted 02-25-2002 09:27 AM      Profile for Coxy   Email Coxy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well at least here in Australia we get episodes again now. Today's was that Hitmontop/Fighting Dojo one.

- - - - -
I love nintendolover, but only in a strictly platonic sense.

Double J
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2637

Member Rated:
posted 02-25-2002 12:46 PM      Profile for Double J   Author's Homepage   Email Double J   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lark84: you think it sucks beeing a swede? In Norway the newest episode I have seen is "Charizard Chills", man that sucks. [Mad]

- - - - -
Life's a bitch and then you die

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 03-06-2002 05:25 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
YTV is finally showing new episodes! Woohoo!

Unfortunately, the only one I've had a chance to watch (the Yanma ep) really sucked.

- - - - -
"Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula?"
-- Barack Obama, campaigning in Iowa

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 03-06-2002 08:18 AM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
First, I haven't made it a point to watch the show for months now, and I've still seen the Wobbuffet village ep twice. (I also saw the one where they introduced the concept of Mirror Coat AND gave a decent reason as to why Wobbuffet was Countering Thunderbolt; and then saw them bone it by saying Poison was an Elemental attack. ;_;)

Second, yes, Sugar is very hot. You, sir, get a 5.

Third...

quote:
Unfortunately, the only one I've had a chance to watch (the Yanma ep) really sucked.
quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that apply to almost every Pokemon episode?
Hee hee.
~Uiru

[ 03-06-2002, 08:21 AM: Message edited by: Uiru ]

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 03-06-2002 07:38 PM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yesterday gave the Pichu episodes [Big Grin] That was cute, except for the part where the Pichu defied gravity [Frown]

Which one gave today? I slept on it [Razz]
Sugar is hot, but has a freaky voice.

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 03-07-2002 10:24 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sugar has a sweet voice! And is hot. The Zone is a waste of her talents.

*attempts to give this post relevance*

*fails*

*distracts the masses with his new 8/13/14/14/14 Wiggly*
~Uiru- *runs*

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Skarmory
Farting Nudist
Member # 1850

Member Rated:
posted 03-18-2002 06:01 PM      Profile for Skarmory   Email Skarmory   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I live in Saskatchewan Donald, I feel your pain [Frown]

- - - - -
If I had a funny quote, I'd put it here.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.