The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » *looks at Colosseum team* XD!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: *looks at Colosseum team* XD!
Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 10-29-2001 05:21 PM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As some of you may know, this month's Colosseum team in NP is the n00biest team yet to appear in the GSC era. It has six Mewtwos, but just look at those sets. They include:

A Mewtwo that holds Quick Claw. This same Mewtwo uses Protect even though it gains no benefit from it.

A Mewtwo that uses both Swagger and Reflect (remember that Reflect cuts the enemy Attack to 25%).

A Mewtwo with both Sunny Day and Bubblebeam (which NP quotes as "lulling enemies into a false sense of security").

A Mewtwo that uses Future Sight and Hyper Beam.

A Mewtwo that is explained as being shiny (input picture of a Mewtwo with just 385 HP).

A Mewtwo with four attacking moves, one of which is Selfdestruct.

Only two recovery moves on the team.

No Safeguard anywhere.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This team begs for a Missy or Curselax to sweep it.

Who's with me?

*thinks everyone should go re-read M2's Cheapness Revisited*

From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Face
I invented cancer.
Member # 1916

Member Rated:
posted 10-29-2001 05:25 PM      Profile for Face   Author's Homepage   Email Face   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think the shiny was sharked...and 385 HP really does suck...it might've been candied though. Oh and the explanations were 1337.

[ 10-29-2001: Message edited by: o_O ]

- - - - -
Weezing!

From: Hackensack, nj | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 10-29-2001 09:09 PM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I always knew theclaw would eventually get into NP......

- - - - -
YOU'RE WINNER!

From: Celadon City Gym | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
El Brando
Farting Nudist
Member # 878

Member Rated:
posted 10-29-2001 09:27 PM      Profile for El Brando   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

- - - - -
For those of you whom are not connected with reality. I'm just trying to break the ice on the current hate issue. I'm not being really serious.

Ellimist
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2242

Member Rated:
posted 10-29-2001 10:12 PM      Profile for Ellimist        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WHO sent THAT team in?! That is pathetic. Are they TRYING to lose all respect?! Bleck.

- - - - -
"victory was slipping from his grasp even as he stretched out his hand to sieze it. But his arm was long. He was still in command, wielding great powers. King, Ringwraith, Lord of the Nazgul, he had many weapons."

SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 10-29-2001 11:19 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here's something to consider.

What are the chances of a highly skilled player actually making an all Mewtwo team?

Therefore, if they want an all Mewtwo team, they need to pick it from their newbie pool.

- - - - -
Pretty de Cure Cure
Futari wa Precure

Turbo X
Farting Nudist
Member # 1808

posted 10-30-2001 12:54 PM      Profile for Turbo X     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Doesn't that just make you want to send in a description of the great All-Weedle team??? hehehe

- - - - -
I mean, goldfish lamp wallpaper skeleton in my Bavarian Star or what? Flowers mirror computer Smurfs every time Moses flies playing cards in or around Paris.

From: N-town, PA, U.S. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pokegod
Farting Nudist
Member # 977

posted 10-30-2001 01:06 PM      Profile for Pokegod     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You know what would be awesome? If everyone, and I mean EVERYONE sent in all Weedle teams! They would have to print at least one! LOL

- - - - -
Pokegod... yeah, that won't look dumb in 10 years

From: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 10-30-2001 05:19 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
heh heh... I saw a team a long time ago that had magikarp. The caption said something like: "I know magikarp is not one of the strongest pokemon in the game, but the thought of using all my splash pp and then defeating my enemy with struggle would be totally awesome!"
EspeonNidoking
warcraft 3
Member # 2028

posted 10-31-2001 12:29 AM      Profile for EspeonNidoking   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nintendo Power should really give the kids that are more serious a chance to make the Colloseum...

some kid out there deserved to be recognized for his movesets, or new strategy...

and instead they choose 6 mewtwo's....

stupid Nintendo

*Shakes head*

- - - - -
"Yeah, my pubic hair has dollar signs trimmed in it!

$$Bling Bling$$" ~Jman

From: Summit,New Jersey, Tampa, Fl, and Rindge, NH | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 10-31-2001 01:56 PM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pokegod:
You know what would be awesome? If everyone, and I mean EVERYONE sent in all Weedle teams! They would have to print at least one! LOL

LOL... that would trule make me recognised as the creator of the mighty All Weedle Team...

What's so bad with Future Sight on M2? I thought about having it on my M2... It's cool to finally be able to use all those pre-L70-moves...

:edit:
Where can you submit teams? And do NP take submissions from non-English/American people?
*thinking of submitting his Weedle team, with GSC modifications, like Leftovers on the Support Weedle*

[ 10-31-2001: Message edited by: Lark84 ]

Pokegod
Farting Nudist
Member # 977

posted 10-31-2001 04:00 PM      Profile for Pokegod     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
pokecenter@nintendo.com I think

- - - - -
Pokegod... yeah, that won't look dumb in 10 years

From: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
JohtoMaster
Farting Nudist
Member # 1023

Member Rated:
posted 10-31-2001 04:59 PM      Profile for JohtoMaster   Author's Homepage   Email JohtoMaster   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
10K: I believe this is what you are looking for.

quote:
Winning isn't everything...It's the taunting I care about. Sure, you may laugh at my Level 14 Magikarp (I didn't want to spoil him by wasting an empty slot on Tackle), but imagine how humiuliated you'd be if I used Splash 40 times and then BEAT YOU DOWN WITH A MAGIKARP USING STRUGGLE! Hey, it could work! And what a sweet victory it would be.

[ 10-31-2001: Message edited by: JohtoMaster ]

- - - - -
Oh, and it's not "newbies", it's "proles". Nothing wrong with being new to the game if you're not stuck in the working classes. Hey, if we're going to be elitist, may as well go the whole hog and refer to the idiots as a lower social rank... - CatGonk at SoaG

From: Valparaiso, IN, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 10-31-2001 05:39 PM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In that same book, Chansey is writen off as bad, Gyarados is shown as good, and some of the stats listed are impossible.

Also, it says the best Poison type is...

...Weezing.

Casey Loe needs to be shot.

Who's with me?

From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 10-31-2001 10:42 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*uses the Koffing symbol in protest*

Though I should remind our later viewers that Mewtwo was the mascot for the Pokecenter this month. Hence, a 6-M2 team.

BTW, if the trainer next month is from Dartmouth NS, please keep the publicity down. I don't like crowds. *runs*

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
oporaca
Farting Nudist
Member # 922

Member Rated:
posted 11-02-2001 10:45 PM      Profile for oporaca     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pokegod:
pokecenter@nintendo.com I think

That explains why that team got in instead of mine... lol... *sends in bad team designed to impress them*

- - - - -
I'm a closet Pokémon fan -- all evidence I like Pokémon is locked away in my closet.

gruco
I am Ian Garvey's lovechild.
Member # 1645

Member Rated:
posted 11-08-2001 12:49 PM      Profile for gruco        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just saw the whole team. Highlights include -

Two Mewtwos with T-wave.

Sunny Day/SolarBeam combo.

Swagger/Psych Up combo.

DT/Rest.

Decent all-around attack diversity. One M2 has Submission.

Obviously it's not the greatest team of earth, but people never seem to keep in mind that NP's goal isn't to show The Greatest Team On Earth. They want to teach kids about various moveset combos, and get them to think for themselves. Now, granted, 6 Mewtwos doesn't say much for type diversity, and that team has plenty of room for improvement, but that isn't the point. It's teaching the kids who read it about team-making one step at a time. And there are some decent combos there that should help people with the proper lines of thinking.

Besides, how boring would it be to only see teams that looks like this one every week?

And while I'm not sure about its usefulness in GS, I will say that Selfdestruct M2 was pretty good in RBY.

PsyDork
Farting Nudist
Member # 717

Member Rated:
posted 11-08-2001 04:58 PM      Profile for PsyDork     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wait a minute... I'll bet Nintendo is planning a new tournament!

They are telling all these n00bz that their teams are good, so that the Nintendo reps will kick their asses! After all, if they knew their team sucked, they'd only make it better. Am I right?

- - - - -
This signature has expired.

From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mewone
I have a pokemon as my username. I mean, come on.
Member # 1694

Member Rated:
posted 11-08-2001 05:05 PM      Profile for Mewone     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jolt135:
In that same book, Chansey is writen off as bad, Gyarados is shown as good, and some of the stats listed are impossible.

Also, it says the best Poison type is...

...Weezing.

Casey Loe needs to be shot.

Who's with me?

LOL, I have that Versus Books guide. The stats are rare candy stats. XD St00pidz...tsk tsk.

From: Azure Heights | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Face
I invented cancer.
Member # 1916

Member Rated:
posted 04-22-2007 12:16 PM      Profile for Face   Author's Homepage   Email Face   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nintendo has a record of keeping the n00biest teams.

- - - - -
Weezing!

Relics
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 4024

Member Rated:
posted 04-28-2007 12:38 PM      Profile for Relics   Author's Homepage   Email Relics   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow, necropost / gravedig much >_>

- - - - -
RelX

Face
I invented cancer.
Member # 1916

Member Rated:
posted 04-28-2007 07:29 PM      Profile for Face   Author's Homepage   Email Face   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wasn't the only one looking at this topic, you know, and it would be great if Nintendo actually posted half-way decent teams once in awhile.The n00biest, shittiest teams are what make Nintendo teams, and every once in awhile they post teams that are up there in skill and variety. I wouldn't hold my breath, though.

- - - - -
Weezing!

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.