The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » WHAT THE F----??! Where's Doduo mode?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WHAT THE F----??! Where's Doduo mode?
Gloomboy
Farting Nudist
Member # 462

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2001 04:51 AM      Profile for Gloomboy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Please reply to this,as I'm getting mad! I just cleared the Stadium 2 R-2 Stadium mode (Prime Cup,Poke Cup,etc,etc) to get a Doduo mode for G/S. Then I restart my Gold and Silver games and I play them in GB Tower...and there's not Doduo mode for either game! What the fuck happened?!?

Now I have to forget about speed-training any Pokemon. Do I have replay the whole damn Poke Cup over AGAIN?

(Forgive my French,but I'm PISSED off that I defeated that ANNOYING cup - after getting Horn Drilled TWICE by that Pokefan's fuckin' Rapidash,and all FOR NOTHING!!! AAAAARGH!!!)

------------------
"You forgot the part where Pikachu faints Rhydon with Thundershock..." - White Cat

From: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2001 05:19 AM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You have the beat the Elite 4 in the Carts to get the speed modes enabled on them. Technically, it's Lance, but it's the same thing, really....
From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2001 05:46 AM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tghost:
You have the beat the Elite 4 in the Carts to get the speed modes enabled on them. Technically, it's Lance, but it's the same thing, really....

Not really. Lance is the Champion. He's as much a part of the Elite Four as Red and Blue were in their time as Champion. ;P

------------------

Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2001 06:17 AM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Err, let's just say you have to defeat all those at the Indigo Plateu and watch the credits roll by...there, any problems with that description?
From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gloomboy
Farting Nudist
Member # 462

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2001 07:56 AM      Profile for Gloomboy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No,that seems wrong. I beat all the cups in Stadium and my old game had the Doduo mode on it(I checked!),but when I restarted the game, it just...vanished.

------------------
"You forgot the part where Pikachu faints Rhydon with Thundershock..." - White Cat

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2001 08:05 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Okay, let's try this again. To play Doduo/Dodrio mode in GSC, you must:

1. Beat the Stadium cups or/and Gym Leader Castle in Round 2 of Pokemon Stadium 2.
2. Beat the Elite 4 + Lance in the Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal game that you're using.

------------------
"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century."
-- Al Gore

Mu
Farting Nudist
Member # 28

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2001 10:50 AM      Profile for Mu   Author's Homepage   Email Mu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I believe to be entirely accurate, you can change the 2nd condition to "Have had the credits roll on that cart"

------------------
+Contact Info for Harrassment+
ICQ - Ghostlight - 86476913
AIM - Corpselight Wisp

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Gloomboy
Farting Nudist
Member # 462

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2001 12:56 PM      Profile for Gloomboy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Okay,thanks. That's just like needing 150 Pokemon on your Pokedex to be able to use the N64 boxes,right? Why did they put those restrictions on there anyways?

ANS: To keep n00bies from cheating. By restricting the N64 boxes until you have 150 Pokemon,this makes sure that you don't pull all your Mewtwos and Legendaries from one pack to the next without trading them(and being forced to go by the rules of the carts - no trading to RBY until you meet Bill in Ectrueak!);by restricting the speed-up mode only after beat the Champion,it prevents n00bies from speed-training their Pokemon and ripping through the Elite 4,thus forcing strategy to play a part in the Pokemon League challenge,not just uber-level 100 Pokemon. Most kids will quit and just end the game rather than wait six hours to train their Pokemon high enough to rip through the Elite.

------------------

Mu
Farting Nudist
Member # 28

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2001 04:53 PM      Profile for Mu   Author's Homepage   Email Mu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To be pedantic, you only need 150 Pokemon to transfer Pokemon that do not have your Trainer ID and Name from the N64 box to your cartridge - You can trade items back and forth freely as well as move Pokemon to the N64 box.

I did find the restricted Doduo/drio access frustrating when I purchased my Gold cart, as I was hoping to rip through the game quickly, nix on that. This slowed down me, because I refuse to cheat, however I can see it merely prompting the sad lazy people who play Pokemon (I refuse to call them trainers) to pop up their gameshark and avoid restarting to begin with.

------------------
+Contact Info for Harrassment+
ICQ - Ghostlight - 86476913
AIM - Corpselight Wisp

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2001 06:09 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So when I beat the Elite Four on Crystal, I'll get Doduo and Dodrio Modes? Thank God...
~Uiru was worried for a while there

------------------

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2001 07:53 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So that's WHY. I'm glad that that's why. Now I know, thanks. Oh, here's a way to get speed right away without sharking. Only if you're starting over though...

If you are downright starting over a new game on a catridge that has ALREADY beaten the Elite Four. Start the game, instead of going to continue, go to "new game" and start a new character, but, ALREADY have it on dodrio mode which the previous player has earned. And now the new game will have all the benefits of x3 speed (or whatever # it is) as long as you DONT turn off the N64. So, I'd just pause it, turn off the TV, and come back later if you had to. I hope this helps those of you who want to re-beat G/S/C quickly, good luck.

-MK

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 09-06-2001 07:02 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was just about to post this same question...that Search thing is handy.

White Cat: 2. Beat the Elite 4 + Lance in the Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal game that you're using.

Son of a...

Mmph.

These Nips are clever, I tell you.

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.