The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » If you wanted to make a be-all and end-all Pokedex, what features would you put in it

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: If you wanted to make a be-all and end-all Pokedex, what features would you put in it
kelv
Farting Nudist
Member # 843

posted 07-31-2001 07:06 PM      Profile for kelv   Email kelv   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why I am asking this?

I think that it's cool. I think the perfect companion to Pokemon should not only be newbie-friendly (so people would not ask questions like "Can I get a shiny max stat Pokemon?"), but also be informative (where do you get this Suicune-colored GBA?).

What would you want to be put in your dream Pokedex?

I, for one, would like it to be newbie-friendly, yet controversial (What would be the best moveset for a RBY M2? Answer: anything).

I would like it to be jam-packed with information. (Have you seen this card before? No? Let me tell you about it's attacks...)

PS. I'm building my "Perfect Pokedex" right now, and I would like you to know that this is in no relation to what I am developing right now.

------------------

Shenlong19
unregistered

posted 07-31-2001 07:16 PM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
id like my pokedex o give stats breedable moves and stuff hardcore trainerrs use

------------------
Beware the Dynasty! Listen To Uncle!

"Together for ever, no matter how long"
-Dragonite to Flareon

IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-31-2001 08:38 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ok, for a REALLY cool Pokédex, make it like this... Keep all the information white-cat has gathered...

http://white-cat.virtualave.net/files/gsdex.txt

One thing I would like would be to have the English & Japannese Meanings of their names. I.E. Tyrogue's English Meaning = Tyro + Rogue

ty·ro also ti·ro n., pl. ty·ros. A beginner in learning something.

rogue n. 1. An unprincipled, deceitful, and unreliable person; a scoundrel or rascal

(then do the Japannese one) That would pretty much be rockin.

-MK

poccil
Farting Nudist
Member # 1457

posted 07-31-2001 08:47 PM      Profile for poccil   Author's Homepage   Email poccil   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My Pokedex includes a "compare" feature, and a separate "dex" for attacks.

I also have mini-stat calculators for each Pokemon.

------------------
Pokemaster in charge of The Ultimate Pokemon Center
Check out my Gold/Silver Guides! http://www.poccil.f2s.com/games/gs/guides/
makes poccil and MK look like geniuses." -CrystalMeth

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-31-2001 09:23 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Could you give us a link to your Pokédexi?

-MK

-----------------
"You guys are all gay!"
"Well, you're here being gay with us..."
-A way to counter jerks who come into chatrooms just to say you're gay.

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 07-31-2001 11:56 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
1) Full move lists for R/B, Y, G/S, and Crystal.

2) Machine compatibility for both series, including changes.

3) Egg lists.

4) Lists of moves that can be sent from the Metallics to RBY.

5) Optimum movesets

6) Include a calculator so we can calculate max stats at any level (similar to Uiru's Stat Lookup device) for both series.

7) Locations of Pokemon.

Etc... the basics, really.

------------------
A little sampling of my free time.
"Damn it! I leered that Umbreon twice, and Ember still isn't doing jack!!" -My brother having a newb moment.

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-01-2001 12:02 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
well put cmsnrub25.
Mick_Hale
Total Moron
Member # 419

Member Rated:
posted 08-01-2001 12:11 AM      Profile for Mick_Hale   Email Mick_Hale   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A big list on compatible RBY<=>GSC trades, including all of the stuff from Pokémon Stadium 1 and 2, all compatible moves and whatnot.

Where to catch anything and everything, gameshark codes, and trading items via Pokémon and catching items via Pokémon.

Extensive lists of items for GSC and RBY, their Gameshark codes, and anything and everything about them.

A heavily researched database of pictures for Pokémon... I just can't find the perfect Snorlax.....

------------------
"k mouth, please don't try the 'I'm right, you're wrong, stop arguing more coherently than me or I'll wet my pants' approach. TGD has already perfected it by himself." - Psybro

From: Thornhill, Ontario, Canada | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 08-01-2001 02:22 AM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lists showing moves that can be breed on at the same time (eg, Leech Seed and Ancientpower on an Exeggutor...)

------------------
"no! i'm the diet coke of evil! only one calorie! NOT ENOUGH!
*melts into evil-envious puddle*" - spunman

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
PeePants
Remember me?
Member # 1502

Member Rated:
posted 08-02-2001 10:29 PM      Profile for PeePants   Email PeePants   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Um...

1)Pokemon Growth Rates
2)Wild/Traded Item attachments
3)Move Combination (Mean Lock + Baton Pass)
4)Type Chart
5)Myths section, debunking commonly believe half truths
6)Egg page (how long it takes to hatch an egg, breeding groups, etc...)
7)Stat Average Listing (Highest, Above, Average, Below, lowest)
8)Stat Exploitation, which stat should be used, which stat should be covered, and which one should be abused
9) How to start a Team Section (Starter, Support, Sweeper config...or some other variety)
10) Tech Support :-D

------------------

Payback
Farting Nudist
Member # 2029

Member Rated:
posted 08-02-2001 10:57 PM      Profile for Payback     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
everything already mentioned and a complete attack list with type comparisons, etc. Just about everything on the main Azure page.
From: Annapolis, MD | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
kelv
Farting Nudist
Member # 843

posted 08-03-2001 12:21 AM      Profile for kelv   Email kelv   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, what I have:

4 DBs, one for Pokémon-related info, one for attacks, one for miscellaneous TCs, and one for the anime.

The Pokémon DB front-end is the only one that's remotely close to done, with Name, Number, JName, Types, Catch, complete movelist (the LevelUp list, TM list, Breeding list, and misc list all combined to one), any TCs it has and its key info, breeding compatibility, gender percentages, and individual stat calculator.

The list of Pokémon can also be sorted by RBY, GSC, or alphabetical order.

Each Pokémon's data is stored in a separate file, so, for the large part, I only have to update the data file (useful if someone actually decrypts the Ancient Mew TC)

What I am planning on adding:

A prototype function that spits out the genes given two data samples that are one Rare Candy apart, and, if it works, the range of SE that your Pokémon can be in.

Filter by type, just like the GSC

Pokédex descriptions

Attempting to hack into the PKPinball ROM to find search probabilities.

Graphics... (has anyone gotten RBY and Crystal-ripped graphics?)

------------------

Beckachu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1785

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2001 03:32 PM      Profile for Beckachu     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
(useful if someone actually decrypts the Ancient Mew TC)

If by decrypt you mean translate, I did that on the bus home after buying it! Studying Viking writing symbols finally came in handy!

------------------
"I may run and hide, but I never tell a lie. Thats me in a nutshell." - Duo Maxwell

LanderZRPG
Got a whale of a tale to tell ya, lads!
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2001 04:07 PM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Beckachu:
If by decrypt you mean translate, I did that on the bus home after buying it! Studying Viking writing symbols finally came in handy!

Lol, you don't need any of that. I simply figured out which letters were used for the words Resistance and Weakness, and Retreat COst, and then I had like 4 or 5 left over, ehich were in the description.

Little God..._r evil

or something like that; one of the letters was/wasn't capitalized like the rest, so it came out funny, but it's easy to figure it out.

------------------
Lone Wolf
The last remaining Kai Master.

(Email me at Lander_Z@Hotmail.com)

From: High Prairie, AB, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
oporaca
Farting Nudist
Member # 922

Member Rated:
posted 08-18-2001 01:40 PM      Profile for oporaca     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
LOL... My friend found a translation for Ancient Mew that only uses 1 Psychic energy for its (40 damage) attack, so he can use/abuse it in tournaments.

The "Ultimate Pokedex" should have lists of Pokemon that can be exclusively searched and listed (e.g. List the Pokemon eligible for Pika Cup by highest stats.)

It should also be able to simulate a battle (the user determines each Pokemon's moveset, stats/DV's, which moves are used, etc.) and should also be able to come up with a OHKO, 2HKO, etc. list for each attack of each Pokemon, along with the chance of the OHKO/2HKO/whatever occuring. (It would also allow you to factor in CH's and stat-changers.)

- - - - -
I'm a closet Pokémon fan -- all evidence I like Pokémon is locked away in my closet.

MidgetSnowman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1400

Member Rated:
posted 08-18-2001 06:22 PM      Profile for MidgetSnowman     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
English+Japanese names, and translations for Japanese names.
English+Japanese Move names plus translations.
Location/Types/Rarity info.
a DV Calculator. (^^)
all breedable/TM/Level Moves
Pictures.
all Move info (accuracy,Base power, Power+STAB, effects)
Max Stat Totals for all Pokemon.
50MB Hard Drive to accomodate new Pokemon when the are released
(Yes, Im assuming they make a standalone Pokedex device, not an in-game one. )

- - - - -
cuz otherwise i'm insanely obese, have no friends, and wet my ebd. on top of it i farm pigs in malaysia, and strip for strange men and nickles.

From: Sedalia,MO, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
oporaca
Farting Nudist
Member # 922

Member Rated:
posted 08-20-2001 04:30 PM      Profile for oporaca     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You should be able to plug in your Game Boy game and have it like a Prof. Oak's Lab (from PokeSta) except that it can tell you more about each Pokemon, like DV's, stat exp., and Happiness ratings (numerical).

- - - - -
I'm a closet Pokémon fan -- all evidence I like Pokémon is locked away in my closet.

Flareon
Farting Nudist
Member # 299

Member Rated:
posted 08-21-2001 01:42 AM      Profile for Flareon   Email Flareon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
-The Japanese types (Aku=Dark, Esupaa=Psychic, Mushi=Bug, etc.) and nickname translations (Yoroi="Armor" for Tyranitar, Koguma="Little Bear" for Teddiursa, Kazen="Volcano" for Entei, etc.)

-A completely correct list of what items can be stolen off of what Pokémon in the wild or received from RBY trades, and the exact chance. I've seen lots of lists saying that you can get Twistedspoons from wild Abras, Metal Coats on all RBY traded Magnetons, and so on.

-What types the selected Pokémon is resistant or weak to (and how much), immune to, or neutral against.

- - - - -
"Oh come on, I know you want a Nintendo Playstation for your birthday."
-My mother

From: Yokosuka, Japan | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.