The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » AHHHHHHH! (anime spoilers)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: AHHHHHHH! (anime spoilers)
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 04-29-2001 03:09 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So, I knew it was coming after seeing the movie, but...goddammit, what's up with the Squirtle thing?!?

OK, catching the Noctowl was OK, particularly a shiny one. That's a nice touch. Now Ash has another Pokemon that's smarter than him.

But they showed the episodes out of order (I suspect to go with the Cryptkeeper theme), so now we know Ash has a Totodile and next episode is all about who's gonna win the Totodile.

Frankly, I'd rather have a nice sammich than a Totodile. Those things suck.

I think Butterfree should come back, with a tattered scarf (maybe as a headband now) and just whip everyone's ass for spite.

Just to spruce things up.

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jumpman16
Farting Nudist
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
posted 04-29-2001 03:23 AM      Profile for Jumpman16   Author's Homepage   Email Jumpman16   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
K: I think Butterfree should come back, with a tattered scarf (maybe as a headband now) and just whip everyone's ass for spite.

Yes. Especially Ash.

From: Where they make Heinz® ketchup | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
KeroKato
Farting Nudist
Member # 230

Member Rated:
posted 04-29-2001 11:12 AM      Profile for KeroKato   Author's Homepage   Email KeroKato   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think it was to fit the Crypt Keeper dealy.
Think back: "Ash, don't you remember? You got rid of Squirtle!" said Misty as they went through the Onix caverns.
Next episode: "Squirtle, the Squirtle Squad needs you!"
They just have a thing for showing eps in backwards order. They did it before, too, with the previous seasons.
I think they're just idiots.

But who does get that Totodile? I can't wait 'til next week when we all get to find out. </sarcasm>

------------------
Visit Reality's End, the Home Page of Phantasy and the R.E. League

"I know if I had a monkey, I'd name it Peanuts... or Admiral Peanuts." ~ Jimmy Bond from The Lone Gunmen

"Hos before bros." ~ Lewis, The Drew Carey Show

From: I dunno, somewhere | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Yavarice
Farting Nudist
Member # 420

Member Rated:
posted 04-29-2001 11:51 AM      Profile for Yavarice   Author's Homepage   Email Yavarice   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You'd also think that the cryptkeeper thing would be used during... Halloween maybe?

Well at least they got new MiB episodes.

------------------
"Who's name does an athiest mention during sex?"
- The Confused Philosopher

Gloomboy
Farting Nudist
Member # 462

Member Rated:
posted 04-29-2001 01:33 PM      Profile for Gloomboy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
(Hates Tales from the Crypt...)

Anyway,I loved that Noctowl eppy,and can't wait to see the big fight between Misty and Ash for Totodile. As for WB,they are idiots - they have those awful theme weeks...

...and now theme WEEKENDS?! AAAAAAAH!!!

------------------
[Sig deleted due to absurd length.]

From: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 04-30-2001 04:12 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What is this "CryptKeeper" theme, and how do the rearranged Pokemon episodes fit it?

------------------
"If you're walking alone in the forest, and a tree falls on you, do you make a sound?"
-- The Confused Philosopher

Yavarice
Farting Nudist
Member # 420

Member Rated:
posted 04-30-2001 04:50 PM      Profile for Yavarice   Author's Homepage   Email Yavarice   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As you probably know, Kids WB loooves doing these "Theme weeks" where the pokemon episodes shown try to fit these themes.

For example, "Jigglypuff week" means that every episode will have Jigglypuff in it. They would show random episodes with Jiggly, so monday you will probably see the eppy when the pink ball first shows up. On tuesday it may be an orange island episode, then on wednesday it may be back to the indigo league.

Now Kids WB's infinite wisdom has decided that they should have "theme weekends" where Max Steel, Pokemon, JackieChan, MiB episodes would fit the chosen theme. This weeks it was with the "Cryptkeeper", a decaying body would introduce each cartoon and tried to scare you with bad puns.

------------------
"Who's name does an athiest mention during sex?"
- The Confused Philosopher

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 05-01-2001 07:35 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So how did the Noctowl episode fit with the Cryptkeeper theme?

------------------
"If you're walking alone in the forest, and a tree falls on you, do you make a sound?"
-- The Confused Philosopher

NickWhiz1
Farting Nudist
Member # 30

Member Rated:
posted 05-01-2001 03:02 PM      Profile for NickWhiz1   Author's Homepage   Email NickWhiz1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by White Cat:
So how did the Noctowl episode fit with the Cryptkeeper theme?

Maybe it's because it's a creepy Pokemon in a creepy forest.

*notes that made no sense whatsoever*

*runs*

------------------
-NickWhiz1
The "Best Statistics Follower" of the CLST

NickWhiz1's Pokemon Domain, still the worst Pokemon site in existence XD

From: Toledo, OH, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
MegaScythe
I am resposible for Grease 2.
Member # 1097

Member Rated:
posted 05-04-2001 10:54 PM      Profile for MegaScythe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yavarice:
This weeks it was with the "Cryptkeeper",a decaying body would introduce each cartoon and tried to scare you with bad puns.

I dont know why but,I find that line really funny.

------------------
"I am happy, im feelin glad. I've got sunshine, in a bag.Im useless, but not for long, the future is comin on."-Gorillaz, "Clint Eastwood"

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.