The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » Being... and beating the man named Ketchum

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Being... and beating the man named Ketchum
kelv
Farting Nudist
Member # 843

posted 04-26-2001 10:40 PM      Profile for kelv   Email kelv   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ash, or Ass, as I affectionately call him, his team is considered crappy by the lot of you. I ask you, then, what would your best "Ash-like" team be? By "Ass-like", I mean the following:

1. Pikachu must be on your team, since Pikachu is always with Ash.
2. At least two starters, preferably three must be on your team, since Ash has a tendency to do so. The only times that Ash has had less than three starters on his team was before Ash got Charmander and when Ash pulled Bulbasaur for Kingler.
3. No "era" overlapping. This means that all the members of this team Ash must all have at the same time. This means, for example, Primeape, and Heracross can't be together.
4. This team must have at least five members, and, as per GB rules, each must have four moves, but, as per anime, they must have been performed at least once in the anime. That is, Snorlax can't have body slam since Snorlax did not do a body slam.

After that, what do you think is the CRAPPIEST team that can beat Ash's team with a very high degree of regularity?

Yup, Ash is certainly worthy of being called Ass...

Bonus question: how about a "Misty-like" team, a "Brock-like" team, a "Tracey-like" team, or even a "Jessie, James, and Meowth-like" team?

MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 04-27-2001 03:32 AM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty sure Ash's Snorlax has performed BodySlam...

Anyway:

Muk, Kingler, Snorlax, Bulbasaur, Pikachu, Charizard

------------------
Proud owner of a Thrustmaster

From: Abyss of Evil | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Artie Cuno
Linkin125473457539
Member # 1205

Member Rated:
posted 05-15-2001 11:50 PM      Profile for Artie Cuno     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sama, that's a helluva good Ash-team. *sticks glop the muk back on her team* As for a Misty team...
Starmie/Staryu/Poliwhirl/does she have any damn thing else/Psyduck/ditto above statement.
Brock:
Vulpix/Golbat/Onix/Geodude(POS)/ditto two statements for Misty.
Gary would, of course, use Arcanine, so...
Arcanine/Rhydon/Pidgeot/Nidoking/Nidoqueen/Blastoise. Which isn't such a bad team. And, I use Nidoking/Nidoqueen in serious battles. And kick ass!

------------------
My... been a while, ne?

From: A box in a swamp. With your sister. | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 05-17-2001 02:44 AM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Misty has or had:

Togepi: the scariest Pkmn of all
Misty: Give Pikachu a big hug!
Pikachu runs off scared
Mewtwo cant scare Pikachu, but Togepi can!

Goldeen

Horsea

Staryu AND Starmie

Psyduck

Poliwag/whirl

She should kept an Oddish and that Jigglypuff...

------------------
Quit frontin skroo,
you know I some muthafuxxors

kelv
Farting Nudist
Member # 843

posted 05-17-2001 06:43 PM      Profile for kelv   Email kelv   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
FYI, the Pokémon Ash has commandeered:

Pikachu
Butterfree
Pidgeot
Bulbasaur
Squirtle
Charizard
Kingler
Raticate
Primeape
Muk
Tauros
Lapras
Snorlax
Heracross
Chikorita
Cyandaquil
Totodile
Noctowl

The Pokémon Misty has commandeered:
Goldeen
Staryu
Starmie
Horsea
Psyduck
Togepi
Poliwhirl

The Pokémon Brock has commandeered:
Onix
Geodude
Zubat
Vulpix
Pineco

The Pokémon Tracey has commandeered:
Venonat
Marill
Scyther

The Pokémon Jessie has commandeered
Arbok
Lickitung
Wobbuffet

The Pokémon James has commandeered
Growlithe
Weepinbell
Weezing
Victreebel

Other teams worth noting:
Team Wartortle: 10 Wartortles
Pancho: Dugtrio, 20 Digletts
Squirtle Squad: Ash's Squirtle, 4 other Squirtles
Drake: Ditto, Onix, Gengar, Venusaur, Electabuzz, Dragonite
Lt. Surge: Raichu
Bugsy: Spinarak, Metapod, Scyther
Duplica: Ditto

Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 05-17-2001 09:40 PM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kelv:

The Pokémon James has commandeered
Growlithe
Weepinbell
Weezing
Victreebel

Well, if you believe the dub, then James had some phantom Weepinbell that we never saw. If you don't believe the dub, then James stole that Victreebel fair and square. ^_^

------------------

MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 05-17-2001 10:49 PM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I dont remember any damn Raticate

------------------
Quit frontin skroo,
you know I some muthafuxxors

DarkLickitung
I AM FRIENDS WITH ZACK_COMRADE IRL
Member # 1672

Member Rated:
posted 05-17-2001 10:56 PM      Profile for DarkLickitung   Email DarkLickitung   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MewtwoSama: I dont remember any damn Raticate

St. Anne episode, Ash traded for a Raticate and traded it back for Butterfree.

------------------
Blood tastes good.

From: See You Auntie. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
kelv
Farting Nudist
Member # 843

posted 05-17-2001 11:47 PM      Profile for kelv   Email kelv   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Crimzonite: Well, if you believe the dub, then James had some phantom Weepinbell that we never saw. If you don't believe the dub, then James stole that Victreebel fair and square. ^_^

It's in the American version as well when, during the first Butch/Cassidy episode, James mentions that he had a Weepinbell and he thought it evolved. So in the American version James DID steal the Victreebel.

Also, on Ash's team that has not successfully kicked Team Rocket to the stratosphere are Raticate (0-for-1), Kingler (0-for-0), and Muk (0-for-1).

The first time TR was kicked by anyone else on Ass's team:
Pikachu: Viridian City Pokémon Centre
Butterfree: Ash catches both Caterpie and Pidgeotto in Viridian Forest
Pidgeot: The episode when Bulbasaur joins Ash's team
Squirtle: The Squirtle Squad
Primeape: Just after Ash caught it
Snorlax: In the episode where Pikachu and Meowth were handcuffed together
Heracross: Just before Ash caught it
Cyandaquil: Just as Ash catches it
Totodile: Just as Ash won the battle for the Lure Ball that contained him
Noctowl: Just before Ash caught it

I can't remember for Bulbasaur, Lapras, Chikorita, or Charizard.

PS. Why is that when Seaking used Horn Drill on Arbok (which hit) in the ballet episode, Arbok is not KOed?

incompetent
Farting Nudist
Member # 1635

posted 06-13-2001 08:37 PM      Profile for incompetent   Author's Homepage   Email incompetent   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The reason why seaking's horn drill did not K.O. arbok is the same reason why onix gets shocked down by pikachu.

Turbo X
Farting Nudist
Member # 1808

posted 07-04-2001 01:14 AM      Profile for Turbo X     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know every single move that ALL of Ash/Ass's pokemon have used? That could help out some people in making those movesets.
Anyway, how many of the powders (poison, sleep, stun spore) did Butterfree use? Not to mention that I've only seen it use 1 attack at all, and that was Tackle!!I'm not counting Whirlwind as an attack, since it doesn't do any damage in GB. I'm just using the worst poke that Ash ever had. Primeape's not all that good either, at least not with the moves that he's used. After all, Primeape was only around for how many episodes? I only saw him in 1.
Anyway, I'm outta here.

<EDIT> My bad. I just saw a 2nd episode that Primeape was in. The one where he was caught, and the one in the Fighting Gym competition battle whatever-ya-wanna-call-it. Anyway, now I'm really outta here.
------------------
Life through the eyes of a workaholic: I love to write reports. What's a "fraternity"? What do you mean they have "fun"? What is this word "fun"? I write reports, now that's "fun".

Life through the eyes of a slacker: What's this piece of paper doing on my door? What does "eviction" mean? Oh well, at least I don't have to clean my apartment out after parties anymore.

[This message has been edited by Turbo X (edited 07-05-2001).]

From: N-town, PA, U.S. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Unown27
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1838

Member Rated:
posted 07-06-2001 09:58 PM      Profile for Unown27   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh forget Ash Ketchum!
All he does is rape Pikachu, Chikorita, and Misty!!!

------------------
I R **** *****!!!

From: None of your business | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
LanderZRPG
Got a whale of a tale to tell ya, lads!
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 07-07-2001 04:43 PM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jessie also had a Shellder for a time. Then That doctor dude stole it to make his Slowpoke evolve.

Dumbasses stealing the thief's pokes!

Also, TR should have caught that pink Nidoking on that Pink Island episode! That would have been good!

Also, a Giovanni team would include Tauros(M2 caught lots for TR), Kingler, and some others I forget, but he had a good team.

------------------
Lone Wolf
The last remaining Kai Master.

(Email me at Lander_Z@Hotmail.com)

From: High Prairie, AB, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
I M A Pokeprofessional
Farting Nudist
Member # 1585

Member Rated:
posted 07-08-2001 11:42 AM      Profile for I M A Pokeprofessional   Email I M A Pokeprofessional   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Heh, just noticed something. The episode when Ash goes to Fushia Gym, his Bulbasaur uses whirlwind O_O.

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-23-2001 02:34 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The episode Ash catches Snorlax, unsure of title. It's on Grapefruit island. That episode is one of, if not, my favorite episode(s). Anyway, before Ash catches Snorlax he and his friends try to have their Pokémon stop Snorlax. Snorlax, before being caught, fights back with Headbutt on Misty's Staryu and I know he Body Slams something, maybe it was Bulbasaur. Bulbasaur gets flattened somehow either way. I know it was headbutt and body slam cause after each of those attacks Tracey would comment like, "That's Snorlax's Headbutt attack."

-MK

P.S. Brock should have a Tauros. Watch the Safari Zone episode. He and Ash both throw a Safari Ball, both of them succesfully capture one, and Ash and Brock each pick up a safari ball.

P.P.S. What is the deal with James so called Weepingbel? Did Japan ever give a clue to how it got it, where it came from, etc..? Where do ya'll know he stole it? Thanks

-MK

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-23-2001 02:38 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And Ash did somewhat have a Haunter to fight Sabrina with, but, Haunter just kinda tagged along; Ash didn't capture him.
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-29-2001 04:19 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*MK kicks the topic back to the top*

[ I'd really like to know the answers to my two questions ]

kelv
Farting Nudist
Member # 843

posted 07-31-2001 06:55 PM      Profile for kelv   Email kelv   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I forgot about that Shellder and the fact that Snorlax flattened both Bulbasaur and Squirtle when Ash was trying to stop him!

I feel so much like a newbie... it isn't funny.

------------------

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.