The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » The starters you chose? (R/B & G/S/C)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The starters you chose? (R/B & G/S/C)
Mew's Dad
Farting Nudist
Member # 295

Member Rated:
posted 04-25-2001 02:05 PM      Profile for Mew's Dad   Author's Homepage   Email Mew's Dad   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In Red I chose Charmander and in Silver I chose Chikorita. Any good breeding partners for my Meganium?

------------------
Mew:A mythical Pokemon of South America which had been thought extinct. When viewed through a microscope this Pokemon's short fine delicate hair is seen. So rare it is still said to be a mirage by many experts. A growing number of people have seen it recently. It's DNA is said to contain the genetic codes of all Pokemon, so it can use all kinds of techniques. Apparently, it only appears to those people who are pure of heart and have strong desire to see it. Mew has only been seen in captivity a few times. As a result, Mew is extremely sought after by collectors.

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 04-25-2001 10:19 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maybe a Corsola for Ancient Power. (At least I think it's a direct breed... don't know for sure).

My starters are Bulbasaur and Cyndaquil. So I like having advantage out of the gate. If you don't like it, bite me.

------------------
Official PBS punching bag
My G/S Strategy Guide: http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbcolor/game/25388.html
(under the name Donald)

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 04-26-2001 06:03 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I chose Charmander and Cyndaquil. Char was because I had no game experience and Fire seemed like the coolest type, and 'Quil because I had already played through the ROM twice using the other two.

Bulbasaur and Chikorita are my favourites, though.

------------------
"If you're walking alone in the forest, and a tree falls on you, do you make a sound?"
-- The Confused Philosopher

CrystalMeth
Farting Nudist
Member # 1485

Member Rated:
posted 04-26-2001 08:57 PM      Profile for CrystalMeth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Charmander would have been my obvious choice since I love dragons, but I got Yellow cuz the graphics were better so I got to start with that annoying yellow rodent. In Silver I started with Cyndaquil, cuz it's second and third forms look like a weasel, and weasels are related to ferrets, and I'm a bit obsessed with ferrets at the moment. And I don't care how much people say fire types suck, I still love em. And since I hardly ever get to battle with a real person and the game is easy as long as you have even half way ok pokemon, I just use ones I like.
Heh, I talk to much, sorry.

------------------
~ Crystal the Anime cat girl ~
"It seemed like a good idea at the time."
--Mason Verger on cutting off his face and feeding it to the dog, Hannibal

From: Hell on Earth | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 04-26-2001 09:01 PM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I chose Bulbasaur in R/B. He 0wnz.

In G/S, I took Totodile first. He's obviously the coolest one of the bunch.

Umm... In Y I took the damn rat. We had too.

------------------
Uno, Dos, Zesty!!
http://www.angelfire.com/pa4/jman/home1.html

Kalro asae Uyietho Gligar
Farting Nudist
Member # 1731

Rate Member
posted 04-26-2001 09:52 PM      Profile for Kalro asae Uyietho Gligar   Email Kalro asae Uyietho Gligar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
\in RBY i usually chose bulbasaur sometimes squitle never charmander, in GS i chose chikorita sometimes totodile but never cyndaquil, gosh im predictable

------------------
me is an TR (not TeamRocket, TeamRater)

JP Nogueira
Farting Nudist
Member # 962

Member Rated:
posted 04-27-2001 12:38 AM      Profile for JP Nogueira   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, fire type are great!
The first time I played blue, I chose Bulbasaur. In Silver, I chose Cyndaquil because it had the best looking

But talking about preferences, I really like Charizard & Feraligatr! A Red Dragon and Godzila! Want more?! ))

------------------
----======= (o)
JP Noga
Gym Leader from Brazil
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon.
That is only the selfish perception of people.
Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favourites."

Flareon
Farting Nudist
Member # 299

Member Rated:
posted 04-27-2001 01:49 AM      Profile for Flareon   Email Flareon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like the game to be challenging at first, so I pick the types that are weak to the first or second gyms.

I chose a Charmander for my Blue version because I wanted to have a Charizard named PikaKiller. I chose a Chikorita because I thought it was cute, and I wanted to name it NanaPuddin(I think it looks like a banana).

------------------
Never feed a Tribble after midnight.

From: Yokosuka, Japan | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
CrystalMeth
Farting Nudist
Member # 1485

Member Rated:
posted 04-27-2001 10:09 PM      Profile for CrystalMeth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I personaly think the Totodile line is uglyest starter ever. Well, maybe Feraligatr isn't quite as bad, but still, if they wanted to make a crocodile/aligator Pokemon they coulda made one look so cool, but they didn't. The flameing weasel and the leafy dinosaur are quite cool though.

Hey Flareon, I thought it was Mogwie(sp?) you weren't suposed to feed after midnight?

------------------

Mew's Dad
Farting Nudist
Member # 295

Member Rated:
posted 04-28-2001 06:27 AM      Profile for Mew's Dad   Author's Homepage   Email Mew's Dad   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In Yellow who would've prefered to get the Eevee Gary took? I would, for sure!

------------------
Mew:A mythical Pokemon of South America which had been thought extinct. When viewed through a microscope this Pokemon's short fine delicate hair is seen. So rare it is still said to be a mirage by many experts. A growing number of people have seen it recently. It's DNA is said to contain the genetic codes of all Pokemon, so it can use all kinds of techniques. Apparently, it only appears to those people who are pure of heart and have strong desire to see it. Mew has only been seen in captivity a few times. As a result, Mew is extremely sought after by collectors.

Jumpman16
Farting Nudist
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
posted 04-28-2001 01:12 PM      Profile for Jumpman16   Author's Homepage   Email Jumpman16   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh hell yeah. Damn that Gary, being so cool...
From: Where they make Heinz® ketchup | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Zerot
I pay schoolgirls to verbally abuse me.
Member # 1295

Member Rated:
posted 04-28-2001 06:50 PM      Profile for Zerot   Author's Homepage   Email Zerot   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
R: Bulbasaur
B: Squirtle
Y: Rat
G: Totodile
S: Cyndaquil

From: Lizton, Indiana | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dan and the Kirbys
Farting Nudist
Member # 221

Member Rated:
posted 04-30-2001 04:45 PM      Profile for Dan and the Kirbys     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mew's Dad:
In Yellow who would've prefered to get the Eevee Gary took? I would, for sure!

Definitely. Though I kinda like Pikachu, Eevee is much better. Plus, it was supposed to be mine anyway!
Oh well, after Stadium 1's Gym Castle and G/S's breeding, I'm up to my neck in the things now...

------------------
-----------------------
/('.')\ Beware the Kirbys...

CrystalMeth
Farting Nudist
Member # 1485

Member Rated:
posted 05-01-2001 08:54 PM      Profile for CrystalMeth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Now that would be cool, having and Eevee as your starter. I'd love to have a little Eevee following me around instead of that damn yellow rat. That would be so cute! A little Eevee making little Eevee noises and making little Eevee happy faces or mad faces when you talk to it. Damn Gary!
Ofcourse, Pikachu is the only Pokemon to refuse to stay in a Pokeball, but still, I want an Eevee following me around!

"Eevee eevee eevee!!"

------------------

Mick_Hale
Total Moron
Member # 419

Member Rated:
posted 05-02-2001 08:46 AM      Profile for Mick_Hale   Email Mick_Hale   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Roger on that Eevee thingy. Starter in RB was Bulbasaur, Y was the rat (do we have to state this? I mean, it's so obvious, unless you hack the game or something), and GS was Tododile, mainly because I knew he would learn Bite, one of those ever-powerful Dark moves you kept hearing about. So I'm still a n00b.

------------------
Anything I say should never, under any circumstances, be taken seriously. If you really want to take it seriously, try and use your best discretion.

From: Thornhill, Ontario, Canada | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mew's Dad
Farting Nudist
Member # 295

Member Rated:
posted 05-02-2001 02:55 PM      Profile for Mew's Dad   Author's Homepage   Email Mew's Dad   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dan and the Kirbys:
Oh well, after Stadium 1's Gym Castle and G/S's breeding, I'm up to my neck in the things now...

You won Eevees in the Gym Castle? I never won any after about 10 tries!! I got lots with breeding though!

------------------

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 05-03-2001 02:59 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
-Bulbasaur.
-Charmander
-Hitmonlee.
-Mew.
-Pika, but I sharked an eevee cause Gary reminded me that that was way cooler than pika.

All three normal starters in metallic (one for each cartridge, Chikorita was my first on the Japanese cartridge).

Sharking starters is much more fun...

------------------
-cfalcon

"I want to punch Quagsire "
-Fish151PKMN

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mew's Dad
Farting Nudist
Member # 295

Member Rated:
posted 05-03-2001 03:41 PM      Profile for Mew's Dad   Author's Homepage   Email Mew's Dad   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Mew is great, Mew is great!! *gets hauled away by men in white coats*

------------------

CrystalMeth
Farting Nudist
Member # 1485

Member Rated:
posted 05-03-2001 09:53 PM      Profile for CrystalMeth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm considering sharking my starter when I get Crystal, so I can start with my favorite Pokemon. The problem is.... I don't know what my favorite is!

------------------

Jumpman16
Farting Nudist
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
posted 05-04-2001 03:08 AM      Profile for Jumpman16   Author's Homepage   Email Jumpman16   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes you do! Dratini!
From: Where they make Heinz® ketchup | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Wanderer
Farting Nudist
Member # 351

Member Rated:
posted 05-04-2001 07:55 PM      Profile for Wanderer   Email Wanderer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Fire,both for Red and Silver. The Rat for Yellow,of course.

People told me they'd be the toughest starters to go with,and I wanted a challenge.

-Wanderer

------------------

From: Burke,Virginia USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Manuel Calavera
Sock Lover
Member # 1202

Member Rated:
posted 05-23-2001 03:08 PM      Profile for Manuel Calavera     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Red- Charmander.
Blue- Squirtle.
Yellow- Don't own.
Gold- Totodile.
Silver- Chikorita.
Crystal- Jumping the gun here, but Cyndaquil.

------------------
Absurd length? Poo.

From: Newcastle, Home of Geordies, Brown Ale and The Wildhearts | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.