The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » HELP!!! Those Legendary Things!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HELP!!! Those Legendary Things!
Mew's Dad
Farting Nudist
Member # 295

Member Rated:
posted 04-14-2001 11:39 AM      Profile for Mew's Dad   Author's Homepage   Email Mew's Dad   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Everyone who has caught at least one tell me which ball you used, how little HP was left, where you caught them and what status changes they had!! HELP!!!!!!

------------------
Mew:A mythical Pokemon of South America which had been thought extinct. When viewed through a microscope this Pokemon's short fine delicate hair is seen. So rare it is still said to be a mirage by many experts. A growing number of people have seen it recently. It's DNA is said to contain the genetic codes of all Pokemon, so it can use all kinds of techniques. Apparently, it only appears to those people who are pure of heart and have strong desire to see it. Mew has only been seen in captivity a few times. As a result, Mew is extremely sought after by collectors.

D-Teclis
Farting Nudist
Member # 974

Member Rated:
posted 04-14-2001 11:51 AM      Profile for D-Teclis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Still havn't caught them,but a lvl 65 vitreebel is coming to help.

------------------
Sama get's down to last Poke (Golem);Enemy has Gengar out.Sama uses Explosion anyway.-MewtwoSama,on "how to waste a golem quickly" :)

AmnesiA
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1664

Member Rated:
posted 04-14-2001 12:12 PM      Profile for AmnesiA   Author's Homepage   Email AmnesiA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you are talking about Entei and his friends I caught him by Paralyzing him and a false swipe combination, since he can NEVER get any more health and after a battle he has his status effects and same health as last time you saw him, the only trouble is finding him, but you can use your Pokedex so it's not THAT hard

------------------
']['e']['r |Fa]) q0wns j00

MC˛ = Mentally Challenged Squared

JP Nogueira
Farting Nudist
Member # 962

Member Rated:
posted 04-14-2001 04:34 PM      Profile for JP Nogueira   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The best way is to duplicate Master Ball a few times. Then, with a lv39 pokémon in your team, use repel in the grass where they are (use pokédex for this) and walk a little.
For Lugia & Ho-Oh, just throw the ball

Or use a lv100 pkmn with a sleep move, then throw a (few)Level ball(s).

------------------
----======= (o)
JP Noga
Gym Leader from Brazil
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon.
That is only the selfish perception of people.
Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favourites."

Cyb758
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1681

Rate Member
posted 04-14-2001 05:42 PM      Profile for Cyb758   Email Cyb758   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I put Enti to sleep with some sleep powder, then I beat the crap out of him with my Feraligater until he had like 10 or 15 HP, then tossed a regular ultra ball I think it was. It took me forever to find the SOB though, and I never even saw the other legendary cats. I was trying to catch Ho-oh for my fire Pokemon, but I accidently killed him (whoops), so Entei was my next best bet for a tough one before I faced the Elite 4 (he does a number on Koga's Foretress, muhaha).

Lugia I toasted and paralized with my Ampharos and then threw a bunch of Ultra Balls at him which didn't work and then I threw my last pokeball at him and it worked. Go figure that one out.

Same strategy goes for the other legendary birds and Mewtwo if you don't have a master ball.

Jumpman16
Farting Nudist
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
posted 04-14-2001 06:55 PM      Profile for Jumpman16   Author's Homepage   Email Jumpman16   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Catching Mewtwo with an Ultra Ball is very entertaining and rewarding.
From: Where they make Heinz® ketchup | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Juice
Farting Nudist
Member # 968

Rate Member
posted 04-14-2001 11:01 PM      Profile for Juice     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To catch Raikou I put it to sleep with Poliwrath and unloaded with Body SLams until HP was in the red zone. I then threw out a Fast Ball and caught it first try. VERY easy if you ask me.

------------------
I've seen enough horror movies to know that any weirdo in a mask is never friendly.

Mew's Dad
Farting Nudist
Member # 295

Member Rated:
posted 04-15-2001 07:23 AM      Profile for Mew's Dad   Author's Homepage   Email Mew's Dad   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry, I was talking about Entei, Raikou and Suicine. I've already caught Lugia and Ho-oh. I caught the birds and Mewtwo ages ago! At least they don't run off!

------------------
Mew:A mythical Pokemon of South America which had been thought extinct. When viewed through a microscope this Pokemon's short fine delicate hair is seen. So rare it is still said to be a mirage by many experts. A growing number of people have seen it recently. It's DNA is said to contain the genetic codes of all Pokemon, so it can use all kinds of techniques. Apparently, it only appears to those people who are pure of heart and have strong desire to see it. Mew has only been seen in captivity a few times. As a result, Mew is extremely sought after by collectors.

Dragonite21
Farting Nudist
Member # 475

posted 04-15-2001 06:53 PM      Profile for Dragonite21     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hehehe...
My recently aquired Silver cart must have an unusual amount of luck. I ran into Suicune and Entei, one fight after the other, then into Raikou the next day - while searching for Entei!
Anyways, since I'm still pretty early on the game it takes ages to even fight the legendaries, although I did manage to catch Suicune. Try and fight them, and have something with a sleep move at the top of your squad list (I used Gengar). Don't bother with Mean Look, as I found to my expense, as they'll just Roar you away. Put them to sleep, and wear them down. Don't worry if they run off, when you next fight them they'll be at the same HP as in the previous fight with them.
To catch Suicune, I took his energy bar down to red, kept him asleep, and used the fast ball Kurt had made me. Ultra balls would probably serve this purpose better, but I didn't have acces to them at this point in the game ^_^;

------------------
'Your game has carried out an illegal operation and had to be shut down.' - XBox
-Psybro

Mew's Dad
Farting Nudist
Member # 295

Member Rated:
posted 04-16-2001 11:53 AM      Profile for Mew's Dad   Author's Homepage   Email Mew's Dad   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Raikou is wandering around Johto with 1HP! My L38 Scyther did that and I'm gotta try to put him to sleep with my L26 Jynx (Quick Claw). I've injured Entei (half HP) and Suicine (Quarter HP). It's only a matter of time......and luck!

------------------

D-Teclis
Farting Nudist
Member # 974

Member Rated:
posted 04-16-2001 12:10 PM      Profile for D-Teclis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mew's Dad:I have the 3!!!Raikou WAS really hard to catch.I used the victreebel said in my previous post and 20 great balls for entei/suicun,and a lot for raikou.Have "fun" catching them

(note:I used sleep powder/wrap,nothing else.Simple,but that works)

------------------
Sama get's down to last Poke (Golem);Enemy has Gengar out.Sama uses Explosion anyway.-MewtwoSama,on "how to waste a golem quickly" :)

Mew's Dad
Farting Nudist
Member # 295

Member Rated:
posted 04-16-2001 03:34 PM      Profile for Mew's Dad   Author's Homepage   Email Mew's Dad   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*mutters to himself* I'll steal his cart, even though I have no idea where he lives, yes, it's the perfect plan!! *runs into the night* I'm scared, help!

------------------

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 04-16-2001 07:37 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Can't they Roar out of binding moves?

Anyway, I used the best False Swiper in the game (Thick Club Marowak), and a L39 Gengar. Hypnosis put them down, Marowak Swiped all their HP, then I used a combo of Fast/Heavy Balls. Raikou and Suicune needed Fast Balls, Entei went in a Heavy.

NOTE: I used about 10 of each ball. It'll take three weeks or constant duping to get them.

------------------
Official PBS punching bag
My G/S Strategy Guide: http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbcolor/game/25388.html
(under the name Donald)

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 04-17-2001 04:42 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Heavy Ball aren't any better than Great Balls for catching them, IIRC.

If they can, they will (almost?) always run on the first turn. If you Mean Look/Wrap/etc. them on the first turn, they will (almost?) always Roar. However, if you put them to sleep first thing, they will use a variety of moves once they wake up, not just the ones that will let them escape.

------------------
"Sometimes politicians prefer to bury their heads in the sand and thereby expose another part of their anatomies for public viewing."
-- Bishop Fred Henry

Dan and the Kirbys
Farting Nudist
Member # 221

Member Rated:
posted 04-17-2001 04:40 PM      Profile for Dan and the Kirbys     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by White Cat:
Heavy Ball aren't any better than Great Balls for catching them, IIRC.

I must've been really lucky, then...my last legendary, Raikou, I believe, ran me out of Ultra Balls, Great Balls, Fast Balls, etc. All I had were some Poke Balls and some useless ones. I tossed the only Heavy Ball and caught it. I was pretty surprised when I found out that it was no better than the Great Balls I desperately used up before...

------------------
-----------------------
/('.')\ Beware the Kirbys...

Twinkle
I'm feeling fat and sassy~!
Member # 1690

Member Rated:
posted 04-18-2001 12:31 AM      Profile for Twinkle        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A bit off topic, but somehow in both my Red and Yellow games I caught Mewtwo with no status change and full HP on the first try...
with a Great Ball. No idea how...

------------------

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.