next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » Pokemon 3

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pokemon 3
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 04-11-2001 12:03 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, that sucked.

I guess they are just incapable of making a good movie. The short was the worst yet and the movie itself was as boring as 2. I found my mind wandering the same way it did during the second movie.

I am really beginning to appreciate the first movie...not that it was good, but at least it didn't bore me.

There were some good things, tho...

The plot was weirder than the others, which is nice. They slid a Magikarp in, but not until the final credits. And there was a kickass Butterfree. Mantine is cool. There didn't seem to be as many errors as there were in the other movies.

On the other hand, this was the first Wigglytuff-free movie, which sucks.

Some of the new Pokemon were OK (that all-Water team I've been thinking of is sounding pretty nice right about now), but the problem with the movie is the same problem with the other two. The scope and tone are all wrong. I know they want to make things bigger just because it's a movie, but why not a movie about Ash's Pokemon League battles or something?

At least Ash didn't have to save the world this time, and we learned some new things...apparently cities are infested with Pokemon. And Ash's Mom has a first name.

But, overall...bleh.

Also, I didn't like that we know some things that are going to have to happen in the show, based on who was in the movie. I am particularly disturbed about one thing, but I won't spoil it here for people who haven't seen it.

And, apparently Unowns are pronounced "unknowns" instead of "oo-nouns" as I was pronouncing them. Mmph.

Finally, Aipom is horrible.

------------------
"You say I'm OK for a guy, but I can tell that you are lying." -TMBG

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 04-11-2001 03:39 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought this movie was easily the best of the three. Interesting plot, lots of battles, and I actually cared about what happened to the characters.

Entei was very cool. "You fool!"

I also really liked the "To Know the Unknown" song. If I were a member of the Academy, I'd nominate it for Best Original Song...

The main thing I didn't like was that it seemed more lacking in humour than the others. The only really good line was James' one about the "weird letters".

On a related note, Team Rocket seemed to get even less screen time than usual. I wish they'd stop making the movies be about Legendaries, and make it focus on an evil scheme by the whole of TR to take over the world, like in the games.

On the other hand, this was the first Wigglytuff-free movie, which sucks.

I don't recall any Wigglytuff in 2000. Was it in one of the "Pokemon swarming to the scene of the disturbance" scenes?

And Ash's Mom has a first name.

They mentioned it in 2000, too.

Also, I didn't like that we know some things that are going to have to happen in the show, based on who was in the movie. I am particularly disturbed about one thing, but I won't spoil it here for people who haven't seen it.

This is KidsWB's fault for airing episodes too slowly. If you were watching YTV's schedule, it worked perfectly. (Which is the one thing you really didn't like? E-mail me...)

And, apparently Unowns are pronounced "unknowns" instead of "oo-nouns" as I was pronouncing them. Mmph.

I had been pronouncing it "You-known".

Finally, Aipom is horrible.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The fifth hand is kinda cool. If only it had a less freakish face...

------------------
"Sometimes politicians prefer to bury their heads in the sand and thereby expose another part of their anatomies for public viewing."
-- Bishop Fred Henry

Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 04-11-2001 08:20 AM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

*shrugs* I'm still hoping that I can get a fansub somewhere. The Pokemon movies aren't the best anime movies ever, but most of the time the dubs don't do them justice.

------------------

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-11-2001 10:55 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
...that all-Water team I've been thinking of is sounding pretty nice right about now...

Well, it's in keeping with your policy of losing like a little girl to Zapdos, so it sounds good.

Seriously, is Ledyba not making the cut? I'm training an Ariados, and he's really hoping for some BUG/FLYING blood...

He's also looking for something weak enough not to serve him his ass steamed to succulence.

Maybe I'll put some "real" moves on him for shits and giggles, but more likely I'll let him chop away with that Fury-misses move.

------------------
-cfalcon

"Does the phrase "Hotmail Session Ended" sound vulgar to either of you?"
-pkthunder

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Psybro
Half Psyduck. Half Slowbro. All cop.
Member # 290

Member Rated:
posted 04-11-2001 04:10 PM      Profile for Psybro   Email Psybro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by White Cat:
Entei was very cool. "You fool!"

Ha, Entei is Vegeta.
As for K's comment about him finding Aipom horrible, join the freaking club.

I will try and make an effort to see the third movie when it comes to the UK, seeing as I missed 2000 and all. Of course, seeing as I wouldn't have been able to see it until January 2001, watching the 2000 Pokémon movie then would've been just wrong.

------------------
"We're all fucked up, so what ya wanna do,
With fucked up me, and fucked up you?
"-Hot Dog, Limp Bizkit
AIM: PsybroUK

From: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
DarkLickitung
I AM FRIENDS WITH ZACK_COMRADE IRL
Member # 1672

Member Rated:
posted 04-12-2001 02:13 PM      Profile for DarkLickitung   Email DarkLickitung   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
After having to sit through 2000 twice with my little sister, I've just about given up on anything Poke-related that can be shown on a non-Gameboy screen.

------------------
When I say "fuck your god" I'm not speaking of the actual god. Just YOUR god.
-Maynard James Keenan

From: See You Auntie. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 04-13-2001 10:55 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
White Cat: Interesting plot...

Probably the most interesting of all the plots, but typically poor implementation.

...lots of battles...

The battles in the movies all suck, tho. They seem to be more interested in showing as many Pokemon as possible, instead of creating interesting battles.

They all end in about 3 moves.

Ash's League battles are much cooler.

...and I actually cared about what happened to the characters.

Eh, I didn't. And it's not as if we didn't know exactly what was going to happen.

I also really liked the "To Know the Unknown" song.

Ugh. Well, I do have to say that, overall, the music was OK. Much better than the first movie, but nothing to write home about.

I wish they'd stop making the movies be about Legendaries, and make it focus on an evil scheme by the whole of TR to take over the world, like in the games.

That'd be a good subject. The problem with these movies is that they all seem to take place outside the regular Pokemon world, which is the most interesting part of the show. As soon as you throw the guys into a mystical castle, or Mewtwo's domain, or whatever, it could just be any old lame fantasy movie, with some Pokemon thrown in.

I don't recall any Wigglytuff in 2000.

Well, I don't know if he was actually in the main part, but, as I remember it, the whole mini-movie was about a brave little Wigglytuff and his selfless acts to save some eggs or something.

Was it in one of the "Pokemon swarming to the scene of the disturbance" scenes?

Might have been a few in there, but I was looking and I didn't see any. At any rate, this was a classic example of a blown opportunity. That's a great idea...but they could have done a lot more with it. What we got was just a couple bits of what looked like stock film.

And Ash's Mom has a first name.
They mentioned it in 2000, too.

Hmmm, must've missed that. Probably during one of the parts when my mind was wandering...

This is KidsWB's fault for airing episodes too slowly.

Yup. They did a lot better last time.

(Which is the one thing you really didn't like? E-mail me...)

Okey-doke.

cfalcon: Seriously, is Ledyba not making the cut?

Well, Ledyba is pretty bad. I let it evolve into Ledian (with the plan that if I didn't like Ledian, I'd take the offspring) and it's OK, but I think I might have found a Pokemon worse than Butterfree.

Ledian is still on my team right now...he's 10 Levels higher than everyone else and just about on par with them.

[This message has been edited by Mr. K (edited 04-13-2001).]

Cyb758
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1681

Rate Member
posted 04-14-2001 05:22 PM      Profile for Cyb758   Email Cyb758   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Being addicted to Pokemon has its downfalls, one of them being not being able to not watch the show or the movies (though I haven't seen 2000 yet).

I think they should just screw the plots and make a movie entirely made up of battles. And not crappy ones where each Pokemon gets knocked out after two attacks. Like the Entei vs. Charizard battle, that was damn cool. Ask needs to get rid of one of his Pokemon and take Charizard back.

Next part shouldn't be read if you don't want some things spoiled for you.

Speaking of Ash's Pokemon, when did he get the Noctowl and when did Misty's Poliwag evolve? Of course I haven't been watching the show, so maybe I'm not all caught up. Blah. And where's Heracross and Squirtle!! Ash just can't keep any Pokemon very long. Only Pikachu and Bulbasaur are around still around from the original group. Bulbasaur should have evolved by now too, eh?

And Brock, dear god he needs to battle more, he caught that Zubat in like the third episode. Onix is still cool though.

Okay, I think I said everything I wanted to say, so uh, yeah. Right.

Jumpman16
Farting Nudist
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
posted 04-14-2001 06:40 PM      Profile for Jumpman16   Author's Homepage   Email Jumpman16   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cyb758: Bulbasaur should have evolved by now too, eh?

Guess you missed Bulbasaur's Secret Garden. He didn't want to evolve then, he wasn't ready. That fool...

From: Where they make Heinz® ketchup | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cyb758
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1681

Rate Member
posted 04-14-2001 08:03 PM      Profile for Cyb758   Email Cyb758   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sheesh, Ash could have had a danged Venusaur by now, but nooo, Bulbasaur only thinks of himself

------------------

MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 04-15-2001 12:19 AM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I guess I'm a nut: the toons are the only Poke-interest I have left. Never into the cards, small collection of toys, stopped playing the carts.

Anyway, my beefs:

Previews:
Disney's Atlantis
Rips off Pokemon's use of Unown. Damned Disney bastards.

Shrek looks good. So does cats and dogs.

Didnt see Harry Potter.

Pikachu and Pichu.
Sucked. There's now a formula to these mini movies. At least there was no Togepi. Seeing Snorlax in an alley puzzled me. How'd could a Snorlax fit into the alley?

Unown
On the whole, I loved it. The movie intro song, okay.
Ash's first battle was cool. It's what battles should be like: the Pokemon dont have to be Zapdos, Starmie or Alakazam.
Throwing Butterfree at Bulbasaur was great.

Letting Misty and Brock battle: I liked that.
Too much Tracey, not enough Team Rocket. They need a movie focused on them.

I laughed, I cried, I yelled at a kid to shut up. A fun time had by all.

Still, the 1st Japanese movie is still my fave.

------------------
beLIEve

From: Abyss of Evil | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Twinkle
I'm feeling fat and sassy~!
Member # 1690

Member Rated:
posted 04-18-2001 12:59 AM      Profile for Twinkle        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Did anybody notice its similarity to the first movie? It's the same except for the characters and script...

-Lengendary pokemon with unidentifiable attack

-Ash having to explain that 'Pokemon are really our friends" to legendary pokemon

-Same telepathic voice with repetitive phrase "it is my destiny!"/"If that is what you wish."

I've heard that the next movie will be about Celebi. PLEASE tell me its voice won't sound like Mewtwo/Lugia/Entei...

------------------

MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 04-18-2001 03:51 AM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Twinkle:
-Lengendary pokemon with unidentifiable attack

I've heard that the next movie will be about Celebi. PLEASE tell me its voice won't sound like Mewtwo/Lugia/Entei...

Point 1: looked like Mew & Mewtwo's Shadowballs from the first movie.

Point 2: Celebi is pretty much the GS equivalent to Mew, so I expect a silly cute voice.

Dark_Herakurosu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1677

Member Rated:
posted 04-18-2001 07:03 PM      Profile for Dark_Herakurosu   Author's Homepage   Email Dark_Herakurosu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
From what I've heard, the 4th movie will feature a lot more of Team Rocket. They also try to take over the world. Everyone here probably already knew this, but everyone else - now you know. By the way... does anyone else think Brock should evolve some of his pokemon? I'd like to see a Hanageru in animevision. (who wouldn't)

------------------

From: the wreckage of Indianapolis | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 04-23-2001 09:24 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MewtwoSama: Shrek looks good.

Ick. Didn't look that good to me...

Pikachu and Pichu.
Sucked.

Yup.

At least it had a Furret. Don't think I can say much else positive about it...except that Ash was hardly in it.

Seeing Snorlax in an alley puzzled me. How'd could a Snorlax fit into the alley?

And if your city was that infested with Pokemon, you'd call in the National Guard to clean the place out...imagine all the Snorlax dung piling up in the gutters...

Ash's first battle was cool. It's what battles should be like: the Pokemon dont have to be Zapdos, Starmie or Alakazam.

I liked that aspect of it, but the battles should last a little longer. The battles in the Pokemon League episodes kicked ass.

Yeah, OK, that kicked ass.

Letting Misty and Brock battle: I liked that.

I had forgotten about that. Yeah, that was pretty good...but given Onix's record in the anime, you wonder how Brock ever became a gym leader.

Onix is supposed to be huge and beastly and frightening, like in the first episode, where he kicked Pikachu's ass. The game already gave him the bone, the least they could do is let him win a few matches in the show...

So...has the 4th movie come out in Japan yet?

White Cat
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 04-24-2001 07:21 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

*grumbles about how both Bulbasaur and Chikorita lost their battles*

------------------
"Ash isn't too bright..."
-- Review of Pokemon: The Movie 3

kelv
Farting Nudist
Member # 843

posted 04-26-2001 07:04 PM      Profile for kelv   Email kelv   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wigglytuff was in P2K, helping Pikachu to prevent the next with Togepi in it from flying off.

P4 will also focus on TR trying to take over the world, but the role of Ash in the movie is uncertain. Maybe the movie will NOT be centered around Ash.

Ash's mothers' name is Delia, as mentioned in P2K. What happened to Ash's father and how come Ash has not faved Gio yet? I don't know.

YTV's schedule isn't perfect, either. The last new ep shown was [spoiler deleted], but now it's all reruns, unlike what it was previously (one new ep on Fridays, and sometimes a new one on Mondays and Thursdays as well).

I pronounced Unown Un-Own. I also pronounce Gaelic Gay-Lick.

What would be cool would be Ash's next big league contest in a movie, with 2 hours of non-stop battling, but most of it would be cut because of the producers wanting to retain a G rating on the movie.

I'd also like to see a movie in which Ash must save Pallet from being destroyed by a Pokémon-powered nuclear missile.

[more spoilers deleted]

Always rememver to call the main character Ass!

[This message has been edited by White Cat (edited 04-27-2001).]

MiniJoe
Farting Nudist
Member # 512

Member Rated:
posted 04-29-2001 01:25 PM      Profile for MiniJoe   Email MiniJoe   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If they made a movie just about the Pokemon League Battles, that would be extrememly cool. The could make a movie of the Johto League or Orange Island League or something like that with indepth fighting.

------------------
The biggest risk is not taking one.

SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 04-29-2001 06:49 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Music makes a difference when watching the Pokemon movies.

Which is why the English versions usually suck a lot more.

Well, at least they dubbed it better this time around...

But seriously, they screwed up the first movie like there was no tomorrow. The Dubbed Mewtwo Strikes Back was one big suck-fest. The moral of the movie went from "Everyone has the right to live" to "Fighting's wrong! Now let's go back to training Pokemon! Hoo yeah!"

The 2nd movie was done better, but they cut out that way cool Tracey scene where he was explaining that chemistry stuff. They also changed the flute song. WHY? WHY?!

3rd movie...you know, they actually kept the Japanese music for Pichu and Pikachu (again, why change the name of the short? Just call it Pichu and Pikachu! There's no reason to switch it around!) And Entei's voice was done badly.

Well, at least the music was better than the original. Let me restate: Dubbed Mewtwo Strikes Back = Abomination Deluxe

------------------
Good Excel: The Bullet of Justice will always demolish evil! Remember that!
Excel: That's some dirty justice.
(Weird Anime Excel Saga)

AIM: Nobie20

MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 04-29-2001 08:10 PM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What if they parodied the Karate Kid?

Wait, Street Fighter 2 would be a better thing to copy.

You have a fighting tournament run by Team Rocket. Ash must win to save world. Something like that. The thing is, the movie will be battle-centric rather than plot-centric which is what every Pokefan craves: watching Pokemon beat the shit out of each other for our sick and twisted amusal.

------------------
Proud owner of a Thrustmaster

Wanderer
Farting Nudist
Member # 351

Member Rated:
posted 05-04-2001 07:44 PM      Profile for Wanderer   Email Wanderer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ah,#3. Decent flick. Worth it for the one truly decent fight in all of the first three movies-Charizard vs. Entei.

But WTF happened with Misty's battle? They're in mid fight and switch away-and never resolve it.

4Kids missed the boat though on at least one part-they never did "Mewtwo Lives" in the USA. So we miss a huge chunk of the storyline there. Nor has _anyone_ done an OVA based on the GOOD Pokemon storyline-the Viz "Pokemon Adventures" one.

It'd make a far more interesting movie with evil Gym Leaders,battles that lead to actual Poke-Death,and so on.

-Wanderer

------------------

From: Burke,Virginia USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 05-06-2001 10:41 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
4Kids missed the boat though on at least one part-they never did "Mewtwo Lives" in the USA. So we miss a huge chunk of the storyline there.

Was that shown along with one of the movies in Japan?

Nor has _anyone_ done an OVA based on the GOOD Pokemon storyline-the Viz "Pokemon Adventures" one.

Is that the manga?

------------------
"What exactly does the Speed rating do? The only thing I've found is that it determines who goes first each turn, which is pretty pointless."
-- Me, two years ago

Jlink
Farting Nudist
Member # 1632

Member Rated:
posted 05-12-2001 08:05 PM      Profile for Jlink   Email Jlink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
4th MOVIE SPOILER

If anybody doesn't know this by now, I think Team Rocket is the main bad guy in the 4th movie but not Jessie and James (thank god) but one of the top leaders of Team Rocket who wears this funny looking mask.
"A Timeless Encounter" sounds like it has a good plot and its about this kid from the future (who's Pokemon is Celebi) who somehow gets trapped in the past. That masked TR villian somehow meets up with the future kid and tries to steal Celebi.. Ash's group eventually appears on the scene to help but I think its Suicune who saves the day.
The plot sounds good and all but they will screw it up somehow, someway just like the other 3.

And on a different note, I think the creators of the show are making the Pokemon series and movies too corny and retarded and aiming it way too generously towards toddlers. The first movie pissed me off with a stupid plot: the whole cloning process with the trainers pokemon was dumb (in my view) and Mewtwo was going to destroy the civilized world with a storm. That horrible fighting song between all the Pokemon (My Brother) made me sick. The only thing that was good in the 1st movie was the beginning battle between Ash and that guy with the Skull bandana (that re-make of the Pokemon intro song during their battle was cool too). They should of had Team Rocket play more of a role in the 1st movie.

Even though the 2nd movie was a whole lot better than the first, it still had that corny, Save-the-World Power-of-One corny routine as the first. This time the world was going to be destroyed because 3 birds were mad. The way the movie ended was stupid too with Ash's mom giving a lecture about love at the end (coughs). They should of kept Lugia out of the 2nd movie so they could of had another movie with Lugia and Ho-Oh.

I haven't seen the 3rd movie but I read the synopsis and it sounds even more corny than the first. First of all, they should of had one movie with all the Legend of the 3 Beasts. Pokemon is being corny and separating them into different movies when it would of just been best if they were all in one movie about their legend. And as for the Unowns, they should be in a separate movie (maybe ending the movie with the Unowns evolved form like when all the Unowns come together to form Alpharix or some name relating to the Alphabet). It would of also been better if the Unowns were in a 2 to 3 episode series in Pokemon: Johto Journeys with the Ruins of Alph.

And for the fourth movie, the plot could be changed with two trainers from the future who get caught in a time vortex and are stunk in Ash's timeline, one trainer who fights with a Celebi for the side of good and the other trainer with a new bad ass legendary Pokemon who fights on the side of evil or a future Team Rocket member, and perhaps his legendary pokemon is a new dragon type that can be in the sequel to Gold and Silver and Crystal.

I mean they could put alot more thought into these movies than this attitude towards the Pokemon movies, ok we have so-and-so many legendaries left so how many do you want to put into the next movie.

They have slaughtered the series and made the anime one of the worst ever made. I compare it more towards Disney cartoons than Japanese anime because of all the morals they drum into your heads during the series and movies. They forget that one of the main factors of Pokemon is evolution but the anime always has Ash's pokemon never to evolve so it can enterain little kids who don't understand the kick ass storyline that Pokemon could of been and should of been.

I think they should end this pathetic anime with a movie when Ash is in his late teens, concentrating somewhat on Ash and Misty's relationship, have his pokemon fully evolved, and battle with the Elite Four (perhaps going through a series of tests and battles sort of like a Gauntlet) and finally becomes a Pokemon Master. And in the beginning of the movie, have an Indigo League Competition Final matchup between Ash and Gary because I think Lance should be Ash's final opponent, not Gary.

And after they end that crap series, they should start a new Pokemon series, one aimed towards teenagers, with that female character from Crystal as the main character but not making it too feminine and gayish like Sailor Moon. I think it would give Pokemon a new twist, maybe for the good.

Sorry for the long post, but I had alot to say on this subject!!!

------------------

SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 05-13-2001 01:57 AM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And on a different note, I think the creators of the show are making the Pokemon series and movies too corny and retarded and aiming it way too generously towards toddlers. The first movie pissed me off with a stupid plot: the whole cloning process with the trainers pokemon was dumb (in my view) and Mewtwo was going to destroy the civilized world with a storm. That horrible fighting song between all the Pokemon (My Brother) made me sick. The only thing that was good in the 1st movie was the beginning battle between Ash and that guy with the Skull bandana (that re-make of the Pokemon intro song during their battle was cool too). They should of had Team Rocket play more of a role in the 1st movie.

And to summarize, the dub sucked monkey testicles.

The cloning aspect of the 1st movie was very important to the plot. The clones may have been duplicates, but they could live, think, and feel just like the other Pokemon. And then that argument of whether an original is better or worse than a copy. Just because they were better suited for battle didn't mean they were better. Just because they were copies didn't mean they were worse.

And that giant storm Mewtwo generated wasn't because he wanted to destroy all of civilization. It was just a test for those trainers. Nothing more, nothing less.

And download Kaze to Isshoni. You'll be glad you did.

The problem is that you're basing everything off of the dub. The original movies tend to have better plots and nuances (ESPECIALLY the 1st movie). They also have superior soundtracks, as well as superb voice acting. Rachel Lillis is talented, mind you, but she certainly doesn't compare to Hayashibara Megumi's versatility. Veronica Taylor can't hold a candle to Matsumoto Rika. Most of all, and it sounds like I'm ranting, dubbed Mewtwo's voice simply didn't do him justice.

They also screwed with Mewtwo's origins. The large-nosed scientist (Dr. Fuji) didn't want to create a successful clone in order to "further science." He wanted to bring his daughter back to life, a daughter who died in a traffic accident. His pursuit and obsession caused his wife to leave him.

Ever wonder why Mewtwo just starts saying, "Where is this place? Who am I?" right off the bat?

I believe this will provide an adequate answer:

http://www.fortunecity.com/tatooine/halojones/75/pm/m2sbstart.html

Oh, and Jirarudin kicks ass.
------------------
"It looks like this is my lucky day. I'll take 'The Rapists' for 200."
"That's 'Therapists,' not 'The Rapists.'"
-(Saturday Night Live Celebrity Jeopardy Skit)

AIM: Nobie20

[This message has been edited by SDShamshel (edited 05-13-2001).]

Jlink
Farting Nudist
Member # 1632

Member Rated:
posted 05-13-2001 10:57 AM      Profile for Jlink   Email Jlink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't want to offend anyone but in the first movie, I found the cloning aspect of every other pokemon than Mewtwo, pretty stupid. I mean they spit the clones out in like a gumball machine, no development, no nothing.
I think it would of been a much better movie if Team Rocket controlled Mewtwo the entire movie till the end, perhaps making Mewtwo the clone of Mew's DNA and Giovanni's DNA. That would of been sweet. No and Mewtwo said in one of the scenes that his clones will be safe on New Island while his storm will destroy the planet (in the dubbed version of course).
Now I have seen scenes of the Japanese version of Mewtwo Strikes Back and I can vouch that the music is definitely better like the intro song (which was pretty cool).

------------------

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.