The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » Let's see you make one...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Let's see you make one...
kelv
Farting Nudist
Member # 843

posted 04-05-2001 11:41 PM      Profile for kelv   Email kelv   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
99% of Azurians would agree that they could make a better anime with one hand tied behind their back.

So I say "put your money where your mouth is." How would you make a better anime?

Further yet, on the same topic, what would you like to see in the anime?

1970Beetle
Farting Nudist
Member # 933

Member Rated:
posted 04-06-2001 10:40 AM      Profile for 1970Beetle   Author's Homepage   Email 1970Beetle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A new hero who actually catches Pokemon now and again. More of Gary Oak, who is without a shadow of a doubt the best character going right now. More battles with other, Non-Gym Leader trainers...in the streets, in the grass, in the mountains, everywhere. No one ever outright challenges Ash any more. I'd also like more of Butch and Cassidy...or any other Team Rocket that doesn't suck. Don't get me wrong. The current Team Rocket is amusing and all, but they're tired. We need actual villains once in a while. That's about it for now.

------------------
Please visit my site and register as a Pokemon Trainer. http://www.tbns.net/poketrainer/home.html
Thanks to everyone who has registered.

From: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 04-06-2001 12:51 PM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
KILL ASH

------------------
This space for rent.

From: Celadon City Gym | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 04-06-2001 01:10 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kill the rat while you're at it...

I'd like to see better Pokemon featured. No more Bellsprout sweeping... that was just plain dumb.

Give the new main character a decent team, with NO STARTERS! Dodrio should be his main Pokemon.

------------------
"I've decided to stop eating. I'll worry about the long-term ramifications a few months from now, when the point will be moot."
-Mr. K, on how he plans to get more time to tinker with Porygon

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Velox
Farting Nudist
Member # 913

Member Rated:
posted 04-06-2001 03:44 PM      Profile for Velox   Author's Homepage   Email Velox   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A few things that would make the anime worlds better:

- Give Jessie and James some powerful Pokémon and the skill to use them. Incompetent villains are no fun.

- Some pop-culture references would be nice.

- Stop Ash from giving all his Pokémon away, goddamnit!

------------------
-Mysterious Priest Velox

From: Philadelphia, PA, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Yavarice
Farting Nudist
Member # 420

Member Rated:
posted 04-06-2001 03:59 PM      Profile for Yavarice   Author's Homepage   Email Yavarice   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The current anime is fine, if you are a 6-9 year old that is. Its the age where you would want to insert the values of friendship and compassion that would hopefully stick to them as they grow up.

Though it doesn't seem to work much

------------------
"Magic must defeat Magic!!" - Uncle
Jackie Chan Adventures

Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 04-07-2001 03:28 AM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'd add a breath-taking fantasy world to the story. Like in Digimon. I like the Digimon anime more than the pokémon one, because it's just cooler.

Ooops, did I say that out loud?

------------------
"I remember somebody saying that measuring machine performance in bits is like measuring your penis in flowers." -IaZeye, enlightening us on the mystery of bits.

Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 04-07-2001 04:45 AM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nah, but ya types it.

I personally prefer the Digimon anime as well. More fights, more action, bigger monsters, less morals of friendship. Go BelialVamdemon, kill, kill, KILL!!!!!

------------------
This space for rent.

From: Celadon City Gym | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 04-07-2001 12:04 PM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tomorrow they'll air the first digimon episode in Sweden. I can't wait to watch it!

I think that friendship and morale is a good thing in cartoons (adds to the storyline), but I also love action. And Digimon is drawn much cooler, especially the digiworld.

------------------
"I remember somebody saying that measuring machine performance in bits is like measuring your penis in flowers." -IaZeye, enlightening us on the mystery of bits.

KeroKato
Farting Nudist
Member # 230

Member Rated:
posted 04-07-2001 08:59 PM      Profile for KeroKato   Author's Homepage   Email KeroKato   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ditch Team Rocket, or at least make them not say their motto or come just to be in the ep. If they came every so often and blabbed about, but it had purpose (not just "we're blasting off again"), they'd be cool.
Ash must die. Die die die die die.
Make a better Pokemon anime? A blind-folded half-dead re-re monkey could do that. Give anyone the crew, and you'll see it get made.

------------------
Visit Reality's End, the Home Page of Phantasy and the R.E. League

"I know if I had a monkey, I'd name it Peanuts... or Admiral Peanuts." ~ Jimmy Bond from The Lone Gunmen

From: I dunno, somewhere | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 04-08-2001 01:34 AM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Make it so that evolution is not a glowing white thingy, but is actually animated.

i.e. Pidgeotto evolving to Pidgeot by actually having its feathers change color and grow larger.

But as for anything else, it's just fine, provided you watch it in Japanese. Excellent, excellent voicecasting.

And there are some battles that are simply well animated.

Umbreon vs Alakazam
Charizard vs Entei

------------------
Good Excel: The Bullet of Justice will always demolish evil! Remember that!
Excel: That's some dirty justice.
(Weird Anime Excel Saga)

AIM: Nobie20

Fractyl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1311

Member Rated:
posted 04-08-2001 04:10 AM      Profile for Fractyl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
/me grins

I've been waiting for someone to bring this up.

First off, I'd have it follow my philosophy of training one team and catching ones once in awhile, (I know kinda like now, but he shouldn't be able to get them because they want to go with him because he saved their asses)
Second: have TR actually steal something once and while, but have some cool looking ways to do it. (Umbreon used Thief!, not some lame Arbo-tank)
Third: Make episodes out of teaching an attack. (I.E. Flamethrower is about as strong as Ember first off, but gets stronger)
Forthly: MORE BATTLES!!!!
I cannot stress that enough people
Finally: Actual relationships that go somewhere.

/me exits rant mode

thanks for listening

------------------
I will ignore that statement, and reply with the thought of Mr. Mimes giving handjobs.
*Mr. Mime used Double Slap!*--Mick_Hale

From: Wetlands of Langley B.C. | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Nirvana
Farting Nudist
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
posted 04-08-2001 01:38 PM      Profile for Nirvana     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Great topic kelv....

I agree with the points Ash should catch more Pokémon. I am fed up with him sending out the same boring, unevolved Pokémon. Beetle is right, Gary is by far the best trainer now in the Anime, his Pokémon walk over every other characters, and he is actually the only cool trainer (Other than Brock.) as everyone said so far, more non-Gym Leader battles would be appreciated. The "villains" suck, everthing they do ends in failure (Hell they are good at Engineering though) they need some stong Pokémon, evolved that can beat Ash's lot. An episode that does not simply follow the plot of A person in trouble, they sort it out. Ash should realistically be creamed every fight, no way could he beat Drake. Some stonger evolved Pokémon would be great as litle Pikabrats watch as there beloved coloured lumps get the shit kicked out of them, which that would mean a lot of shit. Right, here is the bit everyone wants, some sort of relationship between Misty and Ash. We know its gotta happen, just we want it now. A late programme with some XXX lovin' would be great too ^_^ it would be watched by an older audience. Also.....

Hang the Rat, its the only way forward. You actually noticed Ash using the snot coloured thing less now?

------------------
-ŃďrVÄn@

NirvanaChan@pokedaily.com

From: United Kingdom. | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
KeroKato
Farting Nudist
Member # 230

Member Rated:
posted 04-09-2001 11:31 PM      Profile for KeroKato   Author's Homepage   Email KeroKato   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
A late programme with some XXX lovin' would be great too ^_^

Um, actually, they do have some hentais like that.
But a lot of 'em involve Misty "riding" Pokemon. Don't ask me how I know.
*enters shifty eye mode*

------------------
Visit Reality's End, the Home Page of Phantasy and the R.E. League

"I know if I had a monkey, I'd name it Peanuts... or Admiral Peanuts." ~ Jimmy Bond from The Lone Gunmen

From: I dunno, somewhere | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.